Start by marking “A Case of Serendipity” as Want to Read:
A Case of Serendipity

A Case of Serendipity

Ruth Bateman is at her wit’s end. If Bucky’s Beans doesn’t stop spamming her phone with discount codes for frou-frou java concoctions, she’s going to flip. After multiple failed attempts to unsubscribe, Ruth takes to the company’s Facebook page to vent her frustration over the never-ending texts.

When attorney, Henry Mancuso, stumbles upon Ruth’s complaint, he has no idea t
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2018 by K J Farnham Publishing LLC (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Case of Serendipity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Case of Serendipity

Start your review of A Case of Serendipity
Sarah King
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In short, I absolutely adored this book and found it very difficult to put it down once I started reading. A Case of Serendipity is a contemporary light romance novel which focuses on Ruth, a quirky divorcee and Henry, a workaholic lawyer, who are thrown together by fate after Ruth becomes the lead plaintiff in a case against Bucky’s Beans Coffeehouse.

The novel is a first person narrative and each chapter alternates between either Ruth or Henry’s point of view. This choice of narrative works wel
Lisa Aiello
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - a sweet, slow, safe romance. No sexy times, no unnecessary angst. Just two people finding themselves and each other and falling in love slowly over time. She is a quirky ray of sunshine, who is getting unwanted texts from a coffeehouse. He is the buttoned up, semi-neurotic lawyer representing her in a class action lawsuit. Just a feel good romance.
K.J. Farnham
Jan 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Now available to Kindle Unlimited subscribers!

Amazon US ➜ http://amzn.to/2D7qLy4
Amazon AU ➜ http://bit.ly/ACoS_AU
Amazon CA ➜ http://bit.ly/ACoS_CA
Amazon UK ➜ http://bit.ly/ACoS_UK
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
This is what you get when a legal case-file and a 1960s women's magazine have a little baby story together. It isn't very exciting.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: shelly
There’s absolutely no question that the writing in this book was completely charming. Ms. Farnham have a gift and I was charmed, y’all. I kept thinking I was reading a small town romance but…it’s not really. It’s just got that small town charm and I fell into that like a warm cozy blanket.

I loved Ruth Bateman. I mean, I adored her. She felt so real to me –quirky, kind, a little beat up by life, a little awkward, but 100% lovable. And her romance with Henry was so unique. A long slow burn full of
Karan Eleni
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on karaneleni.com

You guys!! This is my first read from K. J. Farnham, and I know I say this a lot, but I wish I wouldn't have waited so long! Coffee shops, social media, unwanted text messages from corporations that you know you never signed up for, and fitness centers make this story completely relatable to many readers. Ok fine, not so much the fitness center for me, but some will relate to that one. And puzzles! At one point near the beginning of the story, R
Cathy
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Something a little lighter, just when I needed it. A straightforward romance with very little angst. Ruth is divorced and seems to be working hard at not dating, and Henry appears to be trying not to commit to a relationship he may already be in. Watching as they are thrown together and steadily fall for one another was very sweet, I really enjoyed it.
Sandie Grise
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness what a Fun and Fabulous read by author K.J. Farnham! This is the kind of romantic read that makes you smile. Ruth and Henry just click, well written, quirky and and I loved it to bits!
Truly a fun read for those that enjoy smiling all day long after they've read a book!

I received this book as an ARC and this is my personal opinion on what I've read.
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
22/3
A Case of Serendipity by K.J Farnham

" The quote 'Best to fall in love with a personality than looks' fits perfectly in this book. An exquisite, beautifully written romance."

Book rates: 4stars
Plot: 4stars
Characters: 4starts
Writing: 4stars
Pacing: 3+stars
Cover: 5+stars

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

A book I came across by lucky chance. A new to me author with a interesting style of narration. A storyline that presents the importance of
Jules
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Case of Serendipity is a lovely contemporary romance. Ms. Farnham has set the plot pace to realistic. There is no insta-love where the main characters proclaim their undying love after knowing each other a few days. The story is told in a first person narrative with chapters alternating between Ruth and Henry’s point of view. This allows readers to really get to know both characters. The story premise is cute and realistic.

I loved Ruth Bateman. She is recovering from several hardships, and yet
S
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this light contemporary romance. It was just too darn cute and adorable. Both Ruth and Henry's characters were so relatable and honestly I was rooting for these two. Couldn't decide who I liked better between these two, the jovial Ruth or the uptight Henry. The author has beautifully sketched the characters and narrated the story and kept the flow of the story so grasping that my fingers keeping turning the page until I was done with the story. A perfect weekend read .This was the first ti ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
A super fun, light romance, A Case Of Serendipity is a story that is quick to get drawn into and easy reading.

“He shakes his head. “I’m an idiot.”
“You are,” I say, nodding and cracking a grin. “And a terrible dancer, too.”

My full review:

Erica Palfrey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
A Case of Serendipity is a light romance that pulls you in. It has a great story behind it that makes you want to have the same kind of relationship.
Ruth and Henry are the perfect match. She helps him to get out and live, something he doesn't normally do. They compliment each other perfectly and their chemistry is on point.
K.J. knows how to write and this book is a great read!
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
3.5 Stars
This happens to be my first story written by this author, and although I did not fully connect with it like other readers have, I still found it to be a good read.

I didn’t quite fully feel the connection between the main characters. I would have loved to see more focus on their growing love for one another. The love part seemed a little rushed to me by the end.

This story is a slow burning, light hearted romance. I loved the characters, I thought they were great. Ruth is quirky and out
$20 Kitten
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and quick read! I thoroughly enjoyed this book: the characters are so relatable and real people, and the details of Milwaukee brought me home as well as painted such a clear picture. KJ’s storytelling is brilliant, the dual point of view gives you a glance at what each character is thinking and feeling, keeping you rooting them on. Another aspect that I love about this book is that it is a clean read. It is easy to write and read a book that has prolific profanity and explicit sexual ...more
Marjorie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
More of a 3.5 Stars really.

Somehow I found that I just could not connect with the characters in this book at all. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with the writing or the characterisation, I think they were just too far away from the people that I know and so had no reference point for their motivations and behaviours. Beyond Ruth's love of jigsaw puzzles and Henry's workaholism their lifestyles are polar opposites to mine, so much so that I did find myself a little bit (dare I say it, I dar
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, double-pov, romance
Intrigued by a person you have never personally met, only through an e-mail conversation (and not even about personal things)? A Case of Serendipity tells the story of Ruth and Henry, who meet thanks to an overly-active spamming coffeehouse. Compared to the books I normally read it’s pretty tame, but I’ve enjoyed reading this sweet story.
“It is something I hope for. That certain level of intimacy. The feeling of being with someone who makes my insides quiver and knowing that I make their insi
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Please note: Panda & Boodle is hosting the Release Launch for A Case of Serendipity, however, that has no bearing on my review. Bloggers, if you'd like to sign up, you can do so HERE.

•••

Instead of suing Bucky’s Beans, I almost feel like thanking them for introducing me to Henry.

If you could have seen me last night and this morning, grinning at my Kindle . . . You might have thought I’d gone mad, but in fact, I was simply in the process of falling head over heels in love with A Case of Serendipit
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 Ruby Red Lips Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I have never had the honor to read anything by K.J. Farnham, but I promise she has a new lifelong fan. I loved this story from start to finish. I loved Ruth and Henry. I love how amazing they are as a couple. I love that Henry is OCD and a workaholic. And I love how amazing Ruth is and how she fights for what she believes in. I loved the idea behind this story and how it all works out.

K.J. Farnham did an amazing job telling Ruth and Henry
Sheila'S Book Corner

“He shakes his head. “I’m an idiot.”
“You are,” I say, nodding and cracking a grin. “And a terrible dancer, too.”

When workaholic lawyer Henry Mancuso is looking for someone to be the face of his class action lawsuit, a series of serendipitous events keep bringing him in contact with quirky heroine Ruth Bateman.

This was the first book by K.J. Farnham that I’ve read and it will not be th
Marija
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one sweet, feel good story that made my reading enjoyable.
I was smiling or better say grinning while reading and it kept me interested through the story.
I haven't read a story like this for some time and I highly recommend it.
Story is great, lighthearted with some twists that were unexpected and you can not fall in love with the characters in it.
Tiersa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by KJ Farnham! I’ve read Click Date Repeat and Click Date Repeat Again and was excited to read this latest. I read it on my spring break and it was the perfect read! Easy to read, but also drew me in and made it hard to put the book down! I loved the characters and liked how the chapters alternated between Ruth’s view and Henry’s view. Definitely recommend!
Anne Z.
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall I think the book had a cute and fun set up and a very charming romance!

For the full review and more Subscribe/Like/Follow

Blog: http://glimpsesofmybooks.blogspot.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glimpses_of...
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5...
Jim Connie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Case of Serendipity is a lovely light hearted romance to be enjoyed by most ages. Young adults would love it and older adults will love it as well because it is not filled with the details of romance. I felt that it was written well and with enough sense of curiosity to keep you engaged in reading the book and not want to put it down. It is a fun and quick read. Thank you K.J. for sharing your great skills and talent with us! Another book please.
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Farnham! The story alternates between Ruth and Henry's point of view. I loved getting to see into each of their minds as the book developed. Farnham created two very likable characters with Ruth and Henry and I couldn't decide which one I liked better, but was definitely hoping for something to happen between them! If you are looking for a light, fun romance (with the bonus of learning some legal stuff), this is the book for you.
Jamie Herzer Biggins
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fun read! Will quirky Ruth and straight laced Henry end up together or not? I loved that it is set right in my hometown, Milwaukee, WI. I could picture Ruth biking on the path right by the lake. Highly recommend (the bike ride and this book)!!
Tammy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A very sweet, romantic summer read!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Ruth is a woman reinventing her life. She is divorced and working at a wellness center just trying to live her life. It would all be ok if not for the incessant texts from Bucky's Beans offering her coupons. She tries to ignore it until it gets to a point of running over her life. She reaches out to the company via their Facebook page and it’s here she gets the run around. Ruth never expected to be contacted by Henry a lawyer spearheading a class action lawsuit against Bucky's Bean
Crystal Wegrzynowicz
A Case of Serendipity is a romance about Henry, a lawyer, and Ruth, who is getting unwanted and unsubscribed texts from Bucky’s Beans coffee. Henry is trying to to find someone to be his lead plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against the company when he comes across a public complaint posted by Ruth on Facebook. The premise of this book is so original and I really enjoyed it. It continues with Ruth being named lead complainant on the lawsuit, Henry and Ruth meeting in person accidentally and f ...more
Alicalynn
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 next »

• Claimed
  • Unsteady Heart
  • Olive You
  • Chronicles of a Hot Mess
  • Something About Tuesdays
  • Mom-Com (Reality of Love, #2)
  • Times Like These (Blue is the Color, #1)
  • Poison (Seaclusion Series, #1)
  • Clover Creek, Sweet Southern Nights Book 1
  • Enticing the Boss (Passion's Price, #1)
  • The Wait (The Comeback Series Book Three)
  • Changed By You (Exposed Hearts, #3)
  • Desperately Seeking Househusband (Reality of Love, #3)
  • The Decoy
  • Notorious (Seaclusion Series, Book 2) (The Seaclusion Series)
  • LuLLaY (Portland ME, #4.5)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Only Me: A Surprisingly Safe Book
K. J. Farnham writes contemporary fiction for women and young adults. She grew up in the Milwaukee area and now lives in western Wisconsin.