Start by marking “Kłamczucha” as Want to Read:
Kłamczucha

Kłamczucha

3.34  ·  Rating details ·  20,289 ratings  ·  4,123 reviews
Wierzyła, że im więcej wypocisz na treningu, tym mniej wycierpisz w walce.
Wierzyła, że najlepszym sposobem, by uniknąć złamanego serca, jest udawać, że się go nie ma.
Wierzyła, że to, jak mówisz, jest często ważniejsze niż to, co masz do powiedzenia.
Wierzyła też w filmy akcji, trening siłowy, potęgę makijażu, ćwiczenie pamięci, równe prawa oraz to, że z fi
Published January 31st 2018 by Czwarta Strona (first published September 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Kłamczucha, please sign up.
Betsy Liars is significantly better, in my opinion. The characters were more likable and the story less bleak.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Roxy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  20,289 ratings  ·  4,123 reviews

Emily May
Genuine Fraud is neither another We Were Liars or a great alternative for those disappointed with it. It's a confusing, reverse-chronological rip-off of The Talented Mr. Ripley.

At first, I was liking it. Lockhart has cooled off with the metaphors and weird writing here, making it much more to my tastes stylistically. The book opens at the end of the story with Jule clearly on the run. She dresses up in disguise, calls herself "Imogen" and flees at the first sign her cover has been blown. The story moves
Emma Giordano
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CW: talk of suicide, murder/gore

THIS BOOK IS A TRIP, MAN. I definitely struggled a bit with this read. It's not exactly my cup of tea but I think it is so unique and genius that it has to get a good rating from me.

I really enjoyed the first two chapters of this book. E. Lockhart has a very sophisticated writing that can be hard for me to jump into, but the beginning was so intriguing with a girl on the run that I just wanted to read more. Then by the third chapter . . . w
Matthew
I had high hopes for this one after We Were Liars.

I was let down.

I didn’t really get it. When I finished it I asked myself “Why?” and there was no good answer. The author tries to explain her inspiration in an Author’s Note at the end, but it seems like what she was trying to do didn’t end up with a full, cohesive, and complete story.

The book had its moments and part way through I thought that maybe the interesting format was going to play out into an awesome “AH HA!” mo
C.G. Drews
This book is very very good and super mind twisty. I haven't read an E Lockhart book since We Were Liars came out so I had no idea what to expect! I thought it was contemporary but it's actually a thriller...ya know like the back cover says "A MASTERFUL THRILLER!!!!!" in case you are a good member of society and read back covers. I do not.

However that didn't lessen my enjoyment of it. I did fall apart a bit because the book is basically told backwards. Which I get!! It's a common thriller-thing, right? You start with the character (
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 2.5/5⭐⭐⭐⠀

[Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook and a cheat. Jule is an athlete, a social chameleon and a fighter. An intense friendship, murders, bad romances. How many times can someone reinvent themselves? You be the judge].

I dare say both Imogen and Jule are two of the most complex and fascinating characters I’ve ever read about. This is narrated in the third person, but don’t be fooled, the narration is completely unreliable and I loved it. It kept me guessing 99.9% of/>[Imogen
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay, so Andrea said she needs a review to those two stars and because she’s Andrea and I like her so much I’m going to write a few sentences why this was only a two star read for me.

- I didn’t like the writing style of this book and whilst it’s a nice idea to write a book from the ending to the beginning this stylistic device didn’t work out for me. At least not when it comes to “Genuine Fraud”. (I’m sure some people will beg to differ but it’s just the way I felt after reading the book.)
- Who
Elise (TheBookishActress)
There's a sweet spot in the suspense genre where character study combines with psychological horror. This sweet spot has produced masterpieces like Dare Me, Dangerous Girls, Allegedly, and now Genuine Fraud. These are stories about bad people who don't get their punishment, because that's not how the real world works. Real life is messy. Sometimes, bad people live on.

First things first: I KNOW a lot of people are going to be comparing this to We Were Liars. Genuine Fraud is a very different novel, and I expect that plenty of peop
Miriam Smith
Having read some early mixed reviews for "Genuine Fraud" I decided to go into the book with an open mind.
The story is written backwards in time starting at chapter eighteen through to chapter one and then ending at nineteen. Although I didn't initially have a problem with this after you stop the book and then pick it up again, it can become slightly confusing especially since the story evolves around two characters that from the start, you realise one is pretending to be the other. I don't
MischaS_
Genuine Fraud. I cannot say about the "genuine" part, but this book is definitely a fraud.

It pains me to say this because I was blown away by We Were Liars. It's in my TOP 10. But this is like someone else wrote it. Okay, I could feel a certain similarity in the plot twist, but it's nowhere near We Were Liars.

I read several reviews, and it seems that pretty often people who liked We Were Liars were disappointed by this one. But on the other hand, people who were not impressed by We Were Liars found
Carol (Bookaria)
First of all, this book trailer!

Second, I love unlikeable characters.

This book tells the story of Jules and Imogen and it starts at the end.

Yes, at the end. On Chapter 18 where we find Jules living lavishly in a hotel in Mexico. However, she is being followed and afraid of being discovered. Then the story goes back to the beginning and that's how we learn how she got to that point.

I cannot say much about the plot without going into spoilers but I enjoyed the novel. It is full of privileged an
Lilith Black
Originally a 4 stars read.

From what I recall, this was the first book that I read and was written in reverse chronological order, and let me tell you, it took me some time to get into the story. But this wasn't a minus for me, because often I find myself in this situation. This was my second E. Lockhart read, after "The Boyfriend List" and before "We Were Liars".

I find her writing style very hooking, so I decided to give it a try for her other titles as well. What I like the most at her writing, and th/>

I/>

From
✨    jamieson   ✨
unpopular opinion: I didn't like We Were Liars much but I was willing to give E. Lockhart another chance. Unfortunately I feel EVEN WORSE about Genuine Fraud and so this is the end of the road for us. I'm breaking up with this author.

“She didn't know if she could love her own mangled, strange heart. She wanted someone else to do it for her, to see it beating behind her ribs and to say, I can see your true self. It is there, and it is rare and worthy. I love you.”

lets start with the few things I d
emma
In the Target book aisle, I picked up this book randomly to kill time while I waited for my sisters to be done shopping. (Because straight up every time I bring a book somewhere I have no time to read, but the second I'm caught without a book in hand I'm wishing I had one.)

I was grabbed by the first handful of pages. So much so that I had to go to checkout for a second time and buy this book - even though I'm sure it's much more affordable online.

Then I got home and later staye
Tatiana
I've read almost half of this "thriller" and the main thing I have to say about it is that E. Lockhart's talents are wasted on and misapplied to these latest new efforts at "mysteries." I can't wait for her to go back to light but smart contemporaries, because dark books are clearly not her thing. Genuine Fraud is just so extremely boring and lifeless and a drag. I miss E. Lockhart's humor and cuteness.
Angelica

Well, this certainly was a heck of a lot darker than I ever anticipated.

The only other E. Lockhart novel I have ever read was We Were Liars, which I loved. It was a contemporary YA mystery taking place on a secluded island and following a girl who has lost her memory as she navigates compli
may ❀
As a person who’s already 110% paranoid by legit everything, reading this book was a stellar decision!!1!!1!

description

Okay, but let’s put my weirdness aside for a bit and talk about le book.

So, so, so, so, this mystery book works backwards, which I thought was absolutely GENIUS and entirely confusing, but still very genius. The main character Jules, is the baddest b*tch around but she als
Jaidee
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those needing an entertaining beach read
Recommended to Jaidee by: shall remain nameless :)
2.5 "Cubic Zirconia" Stars !!!

Let me start off by saying that this was an entertaining book that had the POTENTIAL to be a really slick and great YA thriller.

It was one of those books that slithered into you and compelled to read forward with lots of action, mystery and superficially interesting characters.

It was like going into one of those whimsical gift stores in tourist trap seaside towns where everything looks glamorous, unique and is exquisitely overp
Kathryn
I LOVED this book. Absolutely adored. And that’s HUGE because E. Lockhart is kinda hit or miss with me. We Were Liars was my favorite YA novel of 2014. But….unpopular opinion here…..I hated, like kill-it-with-fire DESPISED, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks. For this reason, coming into E. Lockhart’s latest work, Genuine Fraud, I was nervous. And the description really didn’t help matters:

Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook, and a cheat.
Jule is a fighter, a social chameleon, and an athlete.
An intense friendship. A disappearance./>
ImogenBut….unpopular
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)
As a big fan of We Were Liars, I was very excited about this book but also a litlle bit worried because my expectations were high and guys, it was worth it, Geniune Fraud is a catchy, complex and dark book, told in a unique way that will keep you hooked from the first page. An incredible job

4.8/5 Stars

You can find this one and more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

I don't really want to tell you whThought.
Stars
Youclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
4.8/5
Fables&Wren
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

I have waited for about two months to write this review. I am dreading being honest in this review because I really enjoy the author and her banters with Libba Bray.

She really seemed to grasp the need for creepier and darker things for messed-up-in-the-head people like me and I was really excited to read this with my book club, The Cheerful Wednesdays. We all were actually, because we all loved her and wanted to see some of her brain-children.

But, sadly... I did not enjoy this book.
Suzanne
This was an interesting, quick read. The way the story is told in reverse chapters is unique but I can understand that many readers aren't going to like the story being told in this manner. I am glad I read reviews before starting this book so I knew to expect the reverse chapters. Most of the characters (other than Jule and somewhat Imogen) aren't of much depth but crazy train riding Jule makes up for this pretty well!

Overall, a quick and pretty interesting read to checkout!
Julie Parks
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, thriller
This isn't a review. THIS IS A LOVE LETTER!

Dear Emily Lockhart, this was pretty much a love at first chapter. Actually, it started even before that. As soon as I saw that the book starts with Chapter 18 and goes down to 1, ending with 19. I knew it then...I'd found my favorite book of 2018. Just when a bookaholic thinks she's seen it all...

THE ACTION

It's clear early on that the leading lady, Jule, is in trouble. How ball...
THE
Simon
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is there a difference between the truths we tell ourselves and the lies we tell others? E Lockhart once again gives us a marvellously twisty tale with Genuine Fraud which will lead you into the life of Jule, or lives of Jule, depending on which story she's telling to you. With shades of Highsmith this is a gripping tale of what makes someone do very bad things and if in doing so they become a bad person?
Daniel Balici
It seems to me that E. Lockhart endeavoured to write a novel completely different from her highly successful and critically acclaimed We Were Liars, which I read earlier this year and fell in love with. I thought that We Were Liars conveyed an atmosphere similar to the one I had experienced while reading On the Jellicoe Road and therefore it was easy for me to get absorbed in the purple prose, the enchanting setting, the mystery, the Sinclair family drama...

Genuine Fraud was nothing like We Were Liars, except maybe the
Sara
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know its a fairly unpopular opinion but i really wasn't much of a fan of We Were Liars but i went in to this with an open mind, hoping to be surprised.

This is a story told in reverse chronological order which is a clever tactic and if done well, can be great! This story however just didn't pack the punch i wanted it to. I didn't really like the characters, i didn't enjoy the plot and i found everything to be too vague - the ending especially. :(
Joce (squibblesreads)
3.75 stars. HERE'S THE LINK TO MY VIDEO REVIEW!

Totally took me by surprise. Enjoyed the female protagonist who was physically strong and muscular (with no descriptors such as "manly" and "built like a racehorse" - phew!). Backwards storytelling was used well. Had an issue with a phrase that was used, especially since lady empowerment is a big theme in this book and that phrase was super whaaaaat? to me. Overall, much improved over We Were Liars.
Cesar
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I'm starting to think that E. Lockhart isn't for me. Which is sad because I do think she has the potential to tell great stories.

description

Before I officially started writing reviews on goodreads, I did read We Were Liars and I somewhat enjoyed it. I didn't understand the hype, the characters were boring, the plot was confusing, but I did like the mystery aspect of it and I did finish it quickly. So it wasn't that bad of a book.

When she announced Genuine Fraud, I was intrigued by the plot. I thought that maybe it would be
Jill
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5?

This book was certainty interesting and I like it much more once I had discussed it with my bookclub! Had a few problems but was really interesting... the ending left me very very unsatisfied tho :(
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)

Two words to describe how I feel after reading this- confused and underwhelmed.
I never read ' We Were Liars' but seeing all the raving reviews about it I knew I had to give E.Lockhart a try, so when I saw this in the target for cheap, I knew I had to get my hands on it.
Unfortunately, this was not what/>Unfortunately,
FYA Book Club of ...: March 2018 - Genuine Fraud 3 3 Jan 08, 2019 05:56PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart --> Restarting September 2nd 2018 60 117 Sep 08, 2018 12:48PM
Forever Young Adu...: March + Feb catch-up 5 7 Mar 21, 2018 03:47PM
Forever Young Adu...: March 2018 Meeting 3 14 Feb 28, 2018 12:06PM
Topping The TBR B...: THOUGHTS WHILST READING 1 18 Jan 01, 2018 06:17AM

• Macbeth
  • Witch Water (Witch Saga, #2)
  • Like Never and Always
  • Grit
  • King of Thorn, Vol. 6
  • The Pearl Thief (Code Name Verity #0.5)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Who Killed Christopher Goodman?
  • The Pricker Boy
  • Blink and Caution
  • Penance
  • Trouble Never Sleeps (Trouble, #3)
  • You Killed Wesley Payne
  • The Bermondsey Poisoner (Penny Green #6)
  • Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly (Hercule Poirot, #45.7)
  • Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)
  • The Letting Go
  • Disappeared (Disappeared, #1)
E. Lockhart is the author of Genuine Fraud, We Were Liars, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The Boyfriend List and several other novels.

website: www.emilylockhart.com
Liars site: www.wewereliars.com
blog: www.theboyfriendlist.com
Twitter: elockhart
“For anyone who has been taught that good equals small and silent, here is my heart with all its ugly tangles and splendid fury.” 20 likes
“Do you think a person is as bad as her worst actions?...I mean, do our worst actions define us when we're alive? Or, do you think human beings are better than the very worst things we have ever done?” 16 likes