Start by marking “Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)

Mad & Marvelous

(Sassy Boyz #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  275 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Hop Lovette isn’t afraid to take risks. Being the bastard son of New York royalty has never given him anything but heartache. So when the Sassy Boyz land a contract at club Switch, he knows it’s only a matter of time before his marvelous world is turned on its head: the owner is his childhood rival.

Rafe Marson owes Hop’s father everything, and he’s on a mission
Published May 7th 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Mad & Marvelous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad & Marvelous

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Judith
3.5

I've got to admit I really struggled to get into this and it wasn't until about half way that I started to enjoy it.I didn't,initially,warm to either Hop or Rafe and I had no idea it had a BDSM element.

But,it's the Sassy Boyz with all their masculinity and feminine charm so I had to stick with it....

My absolute favourite thing...

3.5

My absolute favourite thing...

Hop grew up full of rage and rebellion after being ignored by his wealthy father and it certainly didn't help having a minder in Rafe,one of his father's men.Time after time Hop got into trouble and time after time Rafe was there for him....until the one time he really needed him he wasn't.

Rafe has his own agenda with Hop's father.Adrift at a young age he felt he had no where to turn to when Hop's father took him under his wing.But he's tired of dancing to someone else's tune and if he can just secure one last deal he will finally be in control of his own life.

Is fate about to intervene when the two men find themselves face to face again?

When Rafe watches the Sassy Boyz auditioning at his club one,in particular,catches his eye....a beautiful vision with pink hair,

But only one held Rafe’s attention. Pastel Princess. Cotton-candy queen.(...)

There's no doubt these two had explosive chemistry.The sex scenes(and there's a lot of them)are seriously hot.I definitely wasn't expecting the BDSM element which actually worked here for me.It's not all whips and chains,it's more D/s and I loved Rafe getting all bossy and demanding and in turn Hop's submissive nature sexually was totally believable.

Overall,enjoyable and recommended for fans of this series...

Review copy provided by the publisher,via NetGalley
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Pet Stars!

My favorite so far of the series.

I thought for sure we were going to get Lirim's book next with Hop and Jae still being a bit new to the group. Totally not disappointed getting Hop's story considering I enjoyed this one more than the previous books. All of them have been a satisfying read, but this one just pulled me in and kept me like none of the others have.
Hopkins Lovett is the risk taker of the group. He's also the brightest with his cotton candy hair and his paste
Dia
5 BIG stars

This is my favorite book in the series. It was extremely HOT!

I should start by saying I'm not a fan of BDSM in books. Dom and sub relations aren't something I usually enjoy reading about. Well until now. Because here we get a great back story and some pretty intriguing characters.

The Sassy Boys are stronger than ever. Hop is one of the two new guys and he works hard to fit into the group. He practices a lot, but his mind is consumed about meeting Rafe. After all these ye
Jan
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
My least favorite in this series.
It started very strong making me think for a moment that this could be my favorite Sassy Boyz to date. However,

.) as soon as the BDSM element came to light in the story, I lost my mojo.

.) I do appreciate an alpha and a possessive MC every now and then, but when it gets to a control freak point, lik
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Dark and insanely sexy, Mad & Marvelous started off slowly, like a roller coaster. You climb and climb. The anticipations becomes unbearable; you hold you breath. And then you scream.

And you fall.

Hop's life hasn't been easy. He fights his demons with meaningless hookups and high heels. He stays out late grinding against strangers, and if his mom's heart breaks a little every time, what's another ounce of guilt on his already heavy conscience?

Years ago, when Hop was an angry, rebellious teenager, he ha
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.25 Stars!

This one started out a bit slow for me. I had a hard time getting in to it. But it picked up around the 40% mark once things started happening between Hop and Rafe.

I wasn't expecting the BDSM elements in this one, but it wasn't anything too heavy.

I really liked how everything played out and was definitely rooting for Hop and Rafe by the end.

This has been a really good series, I've liked all of the books. I can't wait to see which Sassy Boy is next!

ARC kindly pr/>
Cadiva
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't know how Elizabeth Varlet does it with this series but, in Mad & Marvellous she has, once again, brought a new approach to one of her Sassy Boyz.

Hopkins, aka Hop, is one of the new boys, brought in after the disastrous ending to the boys' time at Vibe and he is a mess. Not deliberately though, as he tries his absolute hardest to keep his life together but it's not easy.

He craves something but isn't sure what and it's not until he once again bumps into a man he
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***ARC courtesy of publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for a review***
Sanaa
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, m-m
4 stars.

I've read 3/4 books in this series so far and I've really enjoyed them so far. But this was probably my least favorite out of all of them. It did take me a while to get into the book, I thought it started off a bit too slow for my liking.

But the more I read it, the more I started to like it. Hop and Rafe had some good chemistry from the beginning and I really did enjoy their story. And I love how devoted the Sassy Boyz are to each other. They're like family and they made a
.Lili.
I'm throwing in the towel. It didn't capture my attention from the get-go, and BDSM doesn't work for me most of the time, and in this case, it only further turned me off.

I still enjoy the author's writing and will look forward to future projects.

DNF
Bev
4.25 stars from me. Took me quite a while to get into it, but the two MC's deserved their HEA. Hated Hop's father and his 'legitimate' son [ugh!!], there was talk of the guys going to see Lirim in jail again but I hope that the series will still include his story and Jae's of course before it finishes.

My fave of the series is still Brave & Beautiful, I adored Tam and Driver's story but the feels in this one certainly built as the story progressed. The BDSM element of the read is fairly mild,
Alex
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy, kinky
This not my favorite but this is entirely because of the D/Sub narrative.

Not of fan of this but the MCs were likable and I really love these boyz!
I'll definitely continue with this series.

description
Calila
ARC received via Netgalley

Great book. I loved the complicated past history between Hop and Rafe. Hop's family's is seriously messed up and interesting. Rafe being so intertwined with Hop's father added a real complication and angst. I love revisiting this series and seeing all the Sassy Boyz again. (I've accidentally skipped a book but it doesn't take away anything from M&M.) Hop has to really dig deep and forgive Rafe, and Rafe has to forgive and prove himself to Hop. Their push and pull dy
~nikki the recovering book addict
5 sassy stars!

This was gloriously perfect! I mean, the entire story arc was just so smooth and dramatic and really well thought out. I don’t know how Elizabeth Varlet does it but all her works are just so tight!

History between Hop and Rafe that made sense for current tension - check! Logical resolution of said tension - check! Gradual build up of chemistry - check! Character build up - check! Logical drama progression - check! Satisfactory drama resolution - check! I’m ju
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 4 in the Sassy Boyz series will make you hot under the collar. This is a series I have enjoyed reading and this one is my favorite so far. I love a good enemies to lovers story and Elizabeth gives it to me.
Hop is a newer member of the Sassy Boyz and the illegitimate child of New York royalty. He just loves to dance and wants to live his life but his new boss, Rafe, is a enemy from his past.
According to Hop's belief, Rafe took his place in his fathers life that should have been his. Rafe isn't blood but Hop is
Christi Snow
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
ooh, I honestly think this is my favorite book of the series so far. I loved this one so, so much...with the complex history between Rafe and Hop and their unmistakable attraction to one another right now...it was so much fun to read.

Throughout most of the book, what happened in the past is this curious, suspense-filled, mystery...and Hop's father is the villain waiting to leap out of the corner to ruin it all. But in the middle of all that are these two men that know
BR11
Between 2 and 3 mehh stars. I didn’t care for this book at all. I was waiting for so long for it and darn, what a disappointment it was.
The whole drama is based on the premise that Rafe needs to pay off the evil rich guy and everything depends on a party that will give him the money he needs to cut his ties for good.
Hasn’t he heard of a loan? Banks grant those every day to businesses.
The dom-sub relationship of these two kept me rolling my eyes.
Also, Hop’s insecurities drove me nut
Elley Murray
HOLY HANNAH. I've been thinking about adding some sort of heat level rating to my romance reviews, like sweet, simmering, steamy, holy Hannah. I think I'd need to add an extra level to it for this one - surface of the sun. DANG this book is hot, in all its BDSM kinky glory.

The best part is it's not "just" smut. I don't really go in for pure erotica; I like my romances to have a plot, fully fleshed character who go through some sort of character development, and a Happily Ever After (or at least
Kahea
***5 ‘He Walks In Chaos’ Stars***

Well, now, I wasn’t expecting that.

And that isn’t a bad thing at all.

I just wasn’t prepared for all that was to Hop and Rafe’s journey, so it took me a little by surprise, but it was absolutely titillating, fascinating and addictive. Add in the sass and heart of the rest of the Sassy Boyz and I was a done.

I loved and adored Hop. He’s gone through a lot in his short life, but he owns all of it and has pulled himself up by his stilettos and is fi
Susan65
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

Hop is a pretty awesome character, but he wasn’t one of my favorite Sassy Boyz, and I think that may have been because he was not an original and we get his story before I really got to know him. But, I know him now and, wow, who could have seen that coming? Hop and Rafe should not have run into each other again, they should not have a connection that involves Hop’s “father”, and they should not work as a couple. But they do, and they did. Hop is angered to see the man he cr
Cathy Geha
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mad & Marvelous by Elizabeth Varlet
Sassy Boyz #4

I read and loved the first book in this series and seem to have missed the second and third. This book can easily be read without reading any others in the series.

The Sassy Boyz is a troupe of male dancers that are sometimes mistaken for women. They are unique, entertaining, edgy and intriguing whether on stage or off. As Hop Lovette dances he loses himself in the music. He is a creative soul but in some ways tormented. He is
Ruthie Taylor
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth book in the series, and whilst I would recommend that you read them in order, you could still enjoy this as a first entry into the world of these talented dancers.

Hop is a fairly new member of the team, and doesn't think he is as good as the rest, so works extra hard at being good enough. We soon learn that he has a mixed up past (which is fairly normal for these guys!) and that his past and his present are
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I love this series! The fourth Sassy boyz story returns us to a world of glamour and angst. Hop’s story adds family drama and a little bit of kink as the Sassy Boyz become even more successful.

As always, I loved the dance, the costumes and the beautiful boyz. The relationships between the boys are wonderful and I enjoyed seeing their careers progress. Hop’s past is full of secrets that threaten his dancing and his f
Katinka (Unquietly Me)
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, 2018
This was kinky AF, and I liked it. However, I wasn’t a big fan of the enemies-to-lovers trope. The animosity felt manufactured. I get that Rafe was under a lot of stress because Hop’s father basically owned him, and I get that Hop felt that Rafe had abandoned him. But I didn’t feel that the animosity between them when they saw each other again was completely justified. It just didn’t seem in character since Rafe had spent most of Hop’s teen years protecting him, and it seemed like it was more in ...more
Daisy
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love these books so much 💕 I think Rafe might be my favorite of the boyfriends. He is a workaholic and he isn’t perfect but oh my he’s a Dom and the sex was really hot. But then I love bdsm so no mystery there 😅 it was pretty light though tbh mostly D/s.

I really hope there will be more books? Jae & Lirim really need their own books too ❤ Jae is so mysterious, I’m curious!
Christine
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good installment in this series. We find out a bit more about why Hop is the way he is and how Rafe the club owner is gonna change he world. We also get more of how the other Sassy Boyz are doing.
Jenn (not Lily)
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cards
Great story -- it was so good to actually get inside Hop's life and head, since he wasn't hugely represented in the previous stories. Now I wish I could have both Jae's and Lirim's stories...
Caroline Brand
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-read, abuse, m-m, bdsm, 2018
4.5 Stars
Lisa
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Got to be honest, not my favorite book in the series. I don't have a foot / shoe fetish and don't really understand it.
That being said it was an interesting story in the series of 5the Sassy Boyz.
Jen Drummond
May 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found this book hard to enjoy despite loving the rest of the series. The plot felt secondary to excessive sex scenes, which was disappointing.

• Wild Trail (Clean Slate Ranch, #1)
  • Better Not Pout
  • Do-Gooder
  • Relationship Status (Ethan & Wyatt, #3)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Detour (Transportation, #1)
  • Counterpoint (Twisted Wishes #2)
  • Hard Line (The Woodbury Boys, #2)
  • Stranded by Lies
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love, #3)
  • Devil's Slave (American Monsters, #1)
  • Heart Knot Mine
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks
  • Hiatus
Elizabeth Varlet is a nerd at heart and spends way too many hours binging on episodes of her favorite television shows. If you love Doctor Who, Supernatural, Stargate, Star Trek, Sherlock, or Firefly you are already her best friend.

She started writing stories in high school and hasn’t stopped. Now, her characters like to get frisky under the covers – or the stars, they’re not picky. Sh

Sassy Boyz (4 books)
  • Fierce & Fabulous (Sassy Boyz, #1)
  • Dark & Dazzling (Sassy Boyz, #2)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)