Start by marking “How to Write a Love Story” as Want to Read:
How to Write a Love Story

How to Write a Love Story

Tilly Frost has grown up reading her grandmother's bestselling romance novels - so when the one and only Beatrix Frost is taken ill, Tilly finishes writing her latest work. Then Tilly agrees to start the next book. But what is her gran hiding from her? And how can Tilly write a heart-pounding romance when she's never been in love? Can she turn her school crush into somethi ...more
Published May 3rd 2018 by Stripes Publishing

Lena (The Printed Girl)
*ARC in exchange for an honest review*

To be honest with you guys, when I started this book I had some serious doubts. To comment on the last line of the summary, I never read Fangirl and I don't plan on reading it ever to be honest (maybe I should, who knows). So I was quite surprised by how big of a fan I became by the end of this book. It's a fast read and although it didn't blew me of my socks, it still was a really good book.

This book really has a  really great story line

This book actual
Hannah
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

DNF @ 31%

I can't actually explain how disappointing I found this book. I loved And Then We Ran when I read it last year and was so excited to be approved for this one but oh my word it's terrible.

One of my main issues with this was the element of blatant plagiarism- Tilly was going to write a book which would be published under her grandmother's name. Now I don't know if this is because I'm in the midst of writing my dissert
Natalie
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Check out my review at Reviews In Three

This is a YA contemporary for writers.

It actually encouraged me to get my notebooks out and get cracking on writing because inspiration! This follows Tilly Frost, the granddaughter of famous romance author Beatrix Frost, and her need to help her sick grandmother finish a long and well-loved book series. In that, she tries to gain inspiration for writing a romance by trying to have some romance, starting off with a first kiss.
This prompts me to the roman
Ally Harris
I have never read a Katy Cannon book before but I think I would definitely pick up more in future. This was a cute and fun read. Any story involving writers and libraries I am down for.
The story follows Tilly who has always looked up to her Grandmothers talent for writing Romance and in recent years has slowly become more involved in the editing and creating of these books alongside Bea. Tilly is tasked with helping create the new idea for her grandmothers next book, until that turns into writi
Janay Brazier
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, thank you so much to Stripes Publishing for sending it to me before the release date. This is definitely my kind of book, I love a good YA romance. I really connected with the main character of stilly because she has a passion for writing. She just wants to help her Gran out but she wants real experiences to write about to do so. It’s just a lovely story, I really enjoyed reading it and I hope others like it as much as I did.
Matilda Chapman
Apr 17, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF’d at page 103

I’d consider this more middle grade than YA as the writing was slightly too basic. Cute story (I read the ending after I DNF’d it) but I didn’t realise this was targeted at younger YA readers when I bought it.
Oda Renate
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
My god this book was boring.
The first 100 pages I read the rest I had to skim it was just so awful.
16papendorfa
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found this book took a while to get into as i found that there was quite a bit of irrelevant information that was told in the beginning which sort of put me off the book because it was quite boring however once you got into it i found it alright but i wouldn't personally reccomend this to anyone on my part.
Lizzie Wilcock
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you buy this book, hoping to be swept up in the passion, confusion, tenderness and angst of first love, then you will be sorely disappointed.
Tilly Frost has been asked by her famous romance novelist grandmother to begin writing her next novel for her. Having assisted her grandmother with the task for years, Tilly is excited and willingly accepts. With no personal experience in the romance department, Tilly decides to break her “no dating” rule and pursue Zach – the hot new guy at school – an
Eve beinguniquebooks
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tilly doesn't date the boys in her school and has long thought of herself beginning to date when she's older much to the disappointment of her grandma who's a best selling romance author.

Ahead of her finishing her novel, Tilly's grandma Bea is struck down with pneumonia and unable to finish her work, Tilly tries to help her by finishing her work using her grandma's notes on the final book in her longest series so far.

Yet she never banks on her grandma approving so much of her work and she tasks
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new book from Katy Cannon is always exciting, and this was no exception. This is the story of Tilly, who is tasked with writing her bestselling romance author gran’s next novel, and decides she must fall in love for the first time in order to do this. It went right to the top of my TBR, and I read it in just a few days. It was so very readable: by which I mean that it practically turned the pages for me, as even though I worked out early on what would happen, I still wanted to see it play out ...more
Victoria
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This is a nice read.

Tilly Frost is the granddaughter of a famous romance novelist who she has been assisting to write her books since she was a kid and now her grandmother wants her to begin her own story while having no experience of love at all! Entertaining reading ensues.

I liked the characters, I feel like they could have been a bit more fleshed out in their moments, however how they all react to one another is really good. Particularly I found Tilly’s family who have a nice dynamic in the
Ria
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two words.
Absolutely Adorable.

I went into this book expecting just an average cheesy love story; and it was.
But holy heck was it one of the cutest and well written 'cheesy-love' stories I've read in a while.

Even though it had a predictable ending after all the characters were introduced, I still was surprised with all the little twists and little details in her non-love-life.

Also Drew Farrow reminded me of Min Yoongi and oh my (SPOILER ALERT)

I was very satisfied with the ending and how Drew and
Jessica Gilham
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
While I loved 'Love, Lies and Lemon Pies', I don't think this one was for me.
I love Drew with a passion, but the thing that ultimately takes away from the book is the time spent on talking about Zach, the new guy. He doesn't interest me at all which I guess is kind of the point, but I needed more sexual chemistry between Drew and Tilly to make up for it. If the whole idea is for Tilly to end up with a particular character, then I would like to get to know them a bit more!
In saying that, I still
gem
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I've not read anything by Katy Cannon before but I really enjoyed this and will definitely check out her books in future.

Tilly is a great character and I really liked her narration. The story focuses on her friendships, love life and her relationship with her grandmother who is a bestselling romance author. It was full of really funny moments that made me laugh out loud and I raced through it.

It's a really heartwarming book and I loved that it was almost like a love letter to readers.

Brilliant!
Hannah-lynette Hunter
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story and an ideal romance that explores engineered and organic feelings. I love Tilly’s relationships with the two leading men, but my favourite partnership has to be the one she shares with her grandmother.
The familiar love is what brought the whole thing together for me and actually has me hoping there may be a sequel.
Miss Skye Kite
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved loved loved this book! From start to finish I couldn’t put it down, wonderfully written and certainly a truly beautiful ending, it has what we all want our romance lives to be like, but as it says what we write and what actually happens is two different things... definitely worth a read :)
Sofie Amalie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Not quite sure if this was a two-star book or three. It became a LOT better halfway throug . . . but thats a bit late.
I enjoyed the writing / reading aspect though!
Alix Long
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
As I mentioned before, I love stories about writing stories. This was such a great premise for a YA novel, and I'm happy to say that this book completely lived up to my expectations. I thought Tilly was a fantastic character who knew her own mind and her own capabilities, and I especially loved the dynamic between her and her grandmother, Beatrix. You don't get that many grandchild/grandparent relationships in YA, and I was happy to see one presented so well.

The plot itself was great, and I was
Beth Rochester (_bookishbee_)
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest and fair review.

A novel set in England? Yes please?
A love story without a particular meet cute and a fun and sarcastic antagonist? Double yes please.
This novel had everything made for a good love story and it managed to greatly succeed in creating a cute and fun reading world.

I did have some trepidation going into this novel - reading the synopsis didn't help that but as a secret romantic I was hoping for the best when I requested it a
Stefanie Stokes
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley, owned
Ebook provided by NetGalley for review. Thank you.

The characters are truly what drives this story. Each one is uniquely well-developed, I'm writing this review a while after finishing to had to look up the names but once I did it all came flooding back and I remembered them.

I especially loved the relationship between Tilly and her gran. I felt sad for Beatrix and what was happening to her although the morals around her and Tilly's writing relationship were a bit shady.

There were also a couple of
Carina
Jan 06, 2019
Hannah
Feb 01, 2019
Brylie
Dec 10, 2018
Julie (Struck by Stories)
Feb 18, 2019
Jun 02, 2018
Pumkin_pi
Dec 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Katy was born in Abu Dhabi, grew up in Wales, went to university in Lancaster, spent a few years splitting her time between London, Hertfordshire, and an assortment of hotels across the world. She now lives in a little market town not far from Cambridge. She has a husband, two children, a goldfish, and far too many notebooks.

Katy likes to write stories about the importance of friends and family,