Start by marking “Dantès Unglued (Ward Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dantès Unglued (Ward Security, #2)

Dantès Unglued

(Ward Security #2)

When private investigator, Shane Stephens, is hired by the mayor of Cincinnati to track down the hacker who has been threatening him, Shane is sure this is the opportunity to launch the Merleau Detection Agency into the big time. He even convinces Rowe Ward of Ward Security to loan him one of his best IT specialists, Quinn Lake.

Shane, a man who prefers casual intimacy, is
Paperback, 1 edition, 246 pages
Published January 28th 2018 by Drake and Elliott Publishing LLC (first published January 24th 2018)

Start your review of Dantès Unglued (Ward Security, #2)
Judith
4.5

Second book in the Ward Security Series.Can be read as a standalone but I strongly recommend reading book one,Psycho Romeo......because it's great.

Shane Stephens,31,is a Private Investigator.He's never been interested in any kind of serious relationship before,preferring casual hook ups.

Quinn Lake,24,is the ultimate sexy geek.Part of the Ward Security team who he considers his family,he takes his job very seriously.He has very little sexual experience....

When Shane is hired by the Major of Ci
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

OK! It's official. These ladies have now been bumped up to my auto-buy list. I will read and buy anything these ladies decide to put out. They give me the perfect amount of romance and action. I have loved every book they have put out and have read their first series, Unbreakable Bonds more than a few times. I'm a fan. LOL

I love Quinn. I couldn't wait until he got his own story and was super excited when I found out this one would not only be his, but that he would be hooking up with Sh
Wendy
Positive Reviews Increase Revenue

Ever since I first read "Shiver", I have been hooked on anything these two ladies write. I have absolute fate in each and every book they release, and so far they have not let me down.

So of course I loved this one....no surprise here :P

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor no surprise gif

I even loved it more than I did the first book. Maybe that has to do with the fact, that I have always been intrigued by both Quinn and Shane.

First things first... To anyone wanting to read this awesome book...start with the first book, better yet start with "Th
Simone
I'm just peeking out from my box of shame here...
Ähnliches Foto

... and try to keep this as short and painless as possible:

I'm a huge fan of the Unbreakable Bonds series and I also enjoyed Psycho Romeo, the first book in this series, so it pains me to say that Dantès Unglued did not really work for me.

Niggle N° 1:
I had a hard time to warm up to Quinn. He was a living contradiction and did not really add up, so I could not figure out his true character. He switched between shy, horny, ostensibl
Erth
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I continue to absolutely love this series. Quinn is such a quiet nerdy computer guy, and he is totally adorable. Shane is Jude's ex friends with benefits (from Shatter), and needs Quinn's help with a PI case he got. The mystery was interesting, and it was cool to see the characters struggle with what is right vs. what the job is. I thought it was told well. I liked seeing Quinn's mom and Shane's dad, and their chemistry was great. Watching Shane come to the realization that he wanted a relations ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Ever since the Unbreakable Bonds series I've been curious about Quinn. I'll admit that I found that series to be a bit cheesy at times, but I still really liked it. I feel like there's less cheese in this series.

I will say I wish there weren't soooo many connections between all of the characters, even the none Ward characters. In this one Shane used to have a friends with benefits thing going with Jude from the UB series.

I liked this book better than book 1. I really loved both Quinn
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT

I really shouldn’t compare the spin off series to the Unbreakable series, but I can’t help it. I’ve been spoiled. In this series, I’m missing the sense of camaraderie. It’s not that Quinn and Shane weren’t an interesting couple, but I was looking forward to more presence of the secondary characters like Hollis and Ian and Rowe and the body guards. I have no problem admitting that I’m greedy.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost

2.5 stars rounded up.

The Unbreakable Bonds series was perfection for me. Every novel had every single thing that I want in a romance novel. Every novel and novella were 5-star reads. And if you haven't read the series, I have to ask: what are you waiting for?

I recognize that it isn’t entirely fair to continuously compare one series to another, and I have tried to keep that in mind while reading the Ward Security series. While the writing remained top-notch, Dantès Unglued lacked much of the pass
Vanna
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vanna by: Dia
4 stars!! 💕😍 Loved it! It was better than "Psycho Romeo".. and although the plot was unconnected with the 2 MCs it was thrilling enough to hold my attention. Shane and Quinn were HOT 🔥🔥🔥. Wish we had gotten to know a little more about Shane's background and why he sought only casual relationships till Quinn came along. Nevertheless, their chemistry was off the charts and with a fast paced action-thriller plot, the book was quite entertaining. Highly recommended 👍  👍
Deborah
I liked it but didn’t love it. That sums this book up perfectly for me.

I liked both Quinn and Shane. Although I felt Quinn was all over the place at times.
I also would have liked more relationship build-up between these two. Yes the sex was hot but at times I felt that was all they had.

The crime part was a huge let down for me as well.

But Royce...wow I’m intrigued by him. And I can’t wait to read his book which is where I’m going now.
Chris
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this fabulous installment !! I really enjoyed the pace of this book and the dynamic between Shane & Quinn was awesome. Theses guys hit it off early in the book and this gave us time to enjoy the growing chemistry and dynamic. As Shane looks to solving an online stalker case he recruits Quinn from Ward security for a month - the case begins with some intrigue but becomes twisted as information is uncovered. I loved these two, particularly Quinn who had sweetness and courage mixed to ...more
BWT (Belen)
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shane Stephens is a private investigator who's been hired by the mayor of Cincinnati to track a hacker who's been threatening him. Hacking isn't something Shane's small firm deals with usually so he goes to Rowe Ward of Ward Security to borrow one of his best IT guys.

Quinn Lake isn't happy about being loaned out for a month to Shane, so he and Shane initially have some friction, but the attraction between them is too hot to be ignored.

Quinn takes some time to eventually warm up with Shane as th
Cadiva
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Full review to come soon.

ETA: Right, at the laptop now so here we go.

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favourite novels in classic literature. The revenge story unfolds as Edmond Dantès systematically takes apart the lives of the four men who betrayed him more than a decade earlier.

In Dantès Unglued, the references are subtle, but they're an underlying presence in the story which I won't go into in huge detail as it would spoil the enjoyment for the reader going in blind, suffice it to say,
Susan
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gbr, mm, hurt-comfort, arc
While I really liked the story itself and just loved Quinn, I never warmed up to Shane and found him to be quite bland.

In this second installment we meet Shane, a private investigator who has been hired by the mayor to look into a hacker situation. And that’s how Quinn, the geeky hacker from Ward Security, gets loaned out to Shane for a month.

Quinn hasn’t had the best experiences with sex, but can’t deny he feels very attracted to Shane. When the two kiss, Quinn thinks he might enjoy sex with S
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Now I am impressed with the spin-off. I didn't love the first book and was nervous that this just wasn't going to be the series for me. It was missing something that had me in love with theUnbreakable Bonds Series.

Well, whatever was missing has been found. This book is what I wanted from this spin-off. This was good. Very, very, very good. It had the formula I expect from these authors and I really loved it.

I'd love to write a proper review but life is just, well, life is good and I just ran o
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good 2nd instalment to this Series, but for some reason I didn’t get as attached as I did with book 1. Shane and Quinn stuck like glue - which of course I expected, but the Mayor’s backdrop storyline wasn’t adhesive enough to warrant 5*. It felt a bit discombobulated with too many unanswered questions for my liking, so I’m settling for a detached 4* overall.
Bev
Dantès Unglued didn't wow me like Psycho Romeo did, though I really liked Quinn and Shane together. Whole lot of insta-love on speed with a bit of suspense thrown in and a nice lead in to Royce's story.

Lyndy Ann ♫
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️5 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dantès Unglued is the second book in the Ward Security series and it worked better for me than Psycho Romeo.

Quinn Lake issue one of Ward Security IT specialists and he is loaned out to the Merleau Detection Agency to Shane Stephens who has been hired by the Mayor to find the hacker who is threating him.

There is instant attraction between Quinn and Shane that they cannot ignore as they are working so closely together so they decide to have no strings sex for the time th
ReadingAllNite
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
Oh yeah, the dynamic author duo brought the mojo for this one! It reminded me of how I felt reading “Shattered”, about Snow and Jude, which was my favorite of the first series. They also make an appearance, as do Hollis and Ian. Quinn is adorable, a hot nerd who’s also a geeky gamer, insecure about sex and relationships and devoted to caring for his mother. Shane is confident, loyal, a very honest man, and has little faith he’ll ever want a relationship. Following them as they shake up each othe ...more
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dantès Unglued

So sweet. I love the action, the writing style and I also adore this couple.

Eugenia
Meh...

When I had to imagine MC’s sexing it up after one of them got shot and is on painkillers my eyes rolled so far back that they got stuck and I was forced to listen to the entire scene.

This was insta.
This was not very interesting.
This had flat characters.

Only the fact that I got this audiobook free, that I was able to speed up Kenneth Obi’s glacially slow voice, and that I had to read this for a GR challenge made me finish this book.

Some people love these authors. I’m not one of them. B
haletostilinski
So I'm giving this 4 stars because the first half was around a 3 star read but the second half was a 5 star read for me, so I'm evening it out at 4 stars.

Mostly the first half wasn't holding my interest in the same way all the other books in this world of Unbreakable Bonds and Ward Security has before.

I think it was, for the most part, because of how "casual" Quinn and Shane were at first, meaning that they didn't seem to be crazy into each other, at least for me. Plus, the plot was slow going
Bitchie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just realized I didn't put down any thoughts on this one.

So, thoughts? I enjoyed this one, but I really miss the friendship, the sense of brotherhood, that we found in the Unbreakable Bonds series. Snow and Rowe popped up for about 5 seconds each, but I miss the other guys, too.

Sabrina
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
THIS SERIES IS SO FUCKING GOOD IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Honestly this and the unbreakable bond series should be illegal. They are all so fucking good!

This is how I imagine Quinn

And this is Shane

(with a beard)

Honest to God, the descriptions in the book makes me imagine than so bloody hot and I have never in person meet people that hot.

They kiss a lot in this book, and the kisses tend to be more hot then the sex scenes.
They took kissing to a whole new level.

And there was a lot of sexual tension and
W.
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it

The Ward Security , is a quirky , whodunit , steamy story. It can be read as standalone BUT I recommend reading it in the order they were published, beginning with The Unbreakable Bond.

Shane and Quinn are cute together and their journey to HEA is entertaining . I like the world they have created around Lucas, Snow, Rowe and Ian -The fabulous men in the Unbreakable Bond Series- and that now have expanded with this spin-off series about the bodyguards.

Bookreader87(Amanda)
Quinn...

The mix of action and romance is always fun with these author's books. I was just so glad this one wasn't a bodyguard falling for his client again lol. Not that I hate the trope but it was nice for it to be different this time around.
I always liked Quinn and really looked forward to his story. I knew he had an ill mother he was taking care of and this gave more detail on the matter but then kind of brushed it aside.
I was glad Quinn got his romance on with Shane and I liked the
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.1 Stars

HUGE improvement from the last one...other than the sort of creepy first day employer sexual harassment, I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one.
Karen
3.5 stars rounded down to 3 because sadly this one wasn't quite as strong as some of the other stories and mostly because there's still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

I promise I'll write a full review soon but in the meantime the story may have only been 3.5 stars but as always the buddy read was totally 5 stars. As always a bigga' bigga' bigga' thank you for the fun times to my buddy read besties, Josy, Christelle and Simone. *mwah* you ladies rock so much.

Yes...I'm the great prorastinator...procr
Christelle
I’m a great fan of the series written by these 2 authors, so far, but this one didn’t work for me as well as all the other books I’ve read so far. The main reason ? I couldn’t feel the chemistry between the MCs, not one bit, so of course, their relationship seemed contrived for me.

What I enjoyed ? The plot, but even there, I wish there could have been more twists to compensate the absence of emotions from the romance between the MCs. And some appearances of the others characters from the "unbrea
Santy
2.5 Stars

I enjoyed Quinn and Shane’s book, even though I believe there’s more that could’ve been done with it.

I liked the investigation aspects (some suspects were obvious but whatever)and the fast pace of the book .

The steam was just right but I struggled to believe the “love” these two professed to one another. Yes, they had a connection but to expect the reader(me) to believe they were in love was more of a informative thing by the authors and none of the showing.

The next book is Royce’s...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Drew & Mr. Grumpy (Pineapple Grove #1.5)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)
  • Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Promises Part 4 (Bounty Hunters, #4)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • Unbroken (The Protectors #12)
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Nobody's Prince Charming (Road to Blissville, #3)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Collide (Out for Justice, #2)
  • Hug It Out (Haven Hart Universe, #2)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
New York Times Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake loves a good story, whether she is reading it or writing one of her own. Over the years, her stories have allowed her to explore space, talk to dragons, dodge bullets with assassins, hang with vampires, and fall in love again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and across the U.S. with her husband. Recently, they’ve settled near

Ward Security (5 books)
  • Psycho Romeo (Ward Security, #1)
  • Deadly Dorian (Ward Security, #3)
  • Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)
  • Killer Bond (Ward Security #5)