Start by marking “See Her Run (Smithfield, #1)” as Want to Read:
See Her Run (Smithfield, #1)

See Her Run

(The Smithfield Series #1)

See Her Run blends elements of romance, suspense, and psychological thriller in an exploration of life after severe trauma.

Diana King arrives in Smithfield, North Carolina as part of her witness protection relocation. After six months of running from her crime boss ex-husband, she is looking forward to starting over in the quaint country town.

Jonathan Smith has no time for
ebook, 2018 Re-release Edition
Published January 23rd 2018 (first published February 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about See Her Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Her Run

Heena Rathore P.
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers who like meaningful story without mingles sex.
Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher via NetGalley.

PLOT | STORY
See Her Run is a lovely romance novel that’ll quench your thirst for a subtle and clean romance book without any trace of meaningless lust. I loved the way the story progressed and it’s steady pace, not too fast and not too slow. I throughly enjoyed the little bits of suspense that the author gracefully maintained throughout the book, it kept me turning page after page, and really m
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description.....

Everything a thriller romance should be, and more.

A huge thanks to you for writing and sharing this book, AK Leigh, I definitely fell in love with Jon and Diana, very much so.
Siobhan
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m rather surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. Whilst I enjoy a romantic undertone to the books I read, I generally find myself annoyed when the romance takes the front seat. For some reason, though, I wasn’t as bothered when it happened with this one as I had thought I would be.

That being said, the romance still annoyed me in some ways.

I think the biggest flaw for me, was the fact that he never recognised who she was. Going into witness protection and having your look changed would make
LizBookAddict
Feb 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, netgalley

1 STAR

I cannot believe I wasted my time with this! After initially being drawn to the cover as well as the premise, I settled in for what seemed like a great Romantic Suspense...

This was neither! The characters fell hopelessly flat as well as the plot. I seriously cannot believe I actually finished the thing, but as a reviewer dedicated to providing my honest opinion, I cringed my way through it hoping all hope that somewhere I would see light... Unfortunately not!

The author had a great thing go
Mignon Mykel
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 / 5 stars
Received arc from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review; full review can be found at original posting:

I enjoy reading books and finding little hints as to how the title came to be -- just one line that says, this is the title.

SEE HER RUN is a little more different than that.

The long and short of it? Diana King is running from her ex-husband; she's in witness protection and with the help of her handler, trying to stay as many steps ahead o
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

argh - ok, I have tried, really tried to finish this book, but I have come back to it a few times, and gone off and read something else, tried to come back to it again and again but I cant.

For me, the characters just fell a bit too flat. I could not connect to them at all. The hero came across like a naive petulant teenager at times.

Too many vague and mysterious references, that I assume were meant to be intriguing, but for me, were j
Adriana
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aaa
Love the characters, love the plot, live this Author! Love, love, love! ❤ ...more
Alana
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I related well to the characters. The plot was easy to follow and original. I want more from this Author. Worth the read. :)
Amy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You would never guess that Diana has any inner strength. She seems weak, ineffectual, and incapable of surviving on her own.

Yet it turns out that Diana is quite the survivor.

She has escaped an abusive husband and now is in the witness protection program, protected by the government in anticipation of her testimony against the husband. As the book progresses, you learn the back story of Diana's marriage and the causes of her scarring. Two sets of scars, each on the backs of her legs, have caused
Kaitlin
I’ve read some really good mystery/thrillers lately, I didn’t feel like this one held up. It was an interesting story, not like any I had read, though I felt it left me wanting more and I wasn’t excited to pick it up each night. But that could have something to do with the fact that it was a disturbing subject matter that hurt my heart to read.

The book focuses on Diana King, who we know right off the bat is part of the witness protection program after being badly hurt by her husband, Russ. Her h
Books and Spoons
This book has a lot of promise and potential. The plot was interesting, abused woman, escaping her crime lord, abusive husband, in witness protection. She falls in love while recovering and rebuilding her life, with a man who seems to be perfect in all the ways that count.
I felt the first half of the story took too long to build up the stage, and then the ending was a rushed. There were so many secrets, mysteries, and questions left unanswered. It took too long to reveal what had really happened
Melissa Heerboth
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through Net Galley for an honest review. I want to thank the publisher for letting me review this book.

It’s a cute sweet book with suspense in it. It’s one of those books you can read and smile along with it but, it’s not overly cheesy. And, there’s some suspense in it too!

Diana is in witness protection because of her beyond abusive cruel ex-husband who basically left her for dead. Diana is hiding in small NC town. Turns out the woman she is renting from and living with has
Jemma Flint
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for my review copy of this book.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I read most of it in one sitting because I could not put it down. I wanted to know what happened to the characters and the suspense was killing me.

See her run is about Diana who moves to a small town and falls in love but she has a past and it's in the way of anything happening with Jon.

I really liked how Leigh kept you guessing about the plot, even until some of the final moments. Some details weren't given strai
Dawn
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book via NetGalley, to read and provide an honest review.
Diana is starting a new life, but there is a dark shadow hanging over her from her old life. Whilst she tries to fit into a new community, someone is looking for her, and she must be careful what she reveals about her past. She finds herself falling for a man she recognises from her old life, and they face a struggle to be together and to stay safe.
This was an interesting story which gradually unfolded, with twists in the p
Angel Hatfield
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, contemporary
**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review
Diana is in a witness protection program because of her ex-husband. Diana's ordeal started 7 years earlier. She had a scar the entire length of her left cheek. Chris was a cop that worked with the witness protection program for 15 years. Chris was driving Diana to a safe house. He was staying 30 minutes east from her. Diana was staying at Pam's apartment. Before going into the apartment, Diana noticed a garden that signified freed
Lillian Cummings
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley Diana is running from her husband Russ he is a mean man that almost destroyed her. She & Chris her handler move to a new town so that her husband can't find as she is going to put him in jail for a very long time as she has information on all his dirty deals and other criminal activities. She meets Jon but he doesn't remember her in a way he saved her from her old life. She tries to keep her distance but the people make her ...more
Tania Joyce
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See Her Run by A.K. Leigh.

I’m not one to normally read Romantic Suspense books because I find them too stressful, but this one had me intrigued.

The story of Diana and Jon, two people with horrible pasts of abuse. Diana, under witness protection, tries to start a new life riddled with lies. Jon, trying to allow himself to fall in love and trust people again.

A.K. Leigh’s writing draws you in. The emotion brilliant. The pain very real. I was hooked.

While I found some parts of the novel to be a litt
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
* First off I'd like to say thank you to Netgalley and momentum books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review*

I really enjoyed this book, essentially it's a romance story but there is suspense through out it too and it keeps you turning pages. The characters are realistic and I loved how Diana and Jonathans relationship progressed through out the book. The characters are described well and the story is well written, its a wee bit predictable but that didn't spoil anything for me.
Christina
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling page-turner of a suspense, with a large dose of romance thrown in, this was an enjoyable light(ish) read.

The story of an abused woman of a powerful felon and her escape into the witness protection program is drip-fed to the reader alongside the happenings in her 'new life' leading up to the trial. As her ex closes in, Diana's past directly affects, and alters, her future.

Both the suspense and romance angles of the story could have been a novel in their own right, so it was a great pl
Illustrious Illusions
See Her Run is a a sweet romance with a bit of suspense.

We know who the "bad guy" is. Just not exactly what might happen or when. I give Diana credit and kind of liked her and how she fought to get where she is and continues to fight to keep going. Jon is a great small town character and while a little sweet for my normal tastes, he really grew on me.

The downfall of the story is some of it felt forced in the suspense. It was a sweet romance for sure. The suspense just wasn't as strong for me t
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall this was a pretty good book with a really good story but I did have a bit of a problem with the writing style. For me it seemed like the author was working a little to hard to keep you guessing about what was going on that you really were not guessing at all. For me it would have been better it if the previous relationship between the charters was addressed in a different manner. As for the suspense aspect of the book I loved that and that was written very well. I would give this book fo ...more
Lauren
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.

Initially I found it incredibly difficult to get into this book. I found the characters a little annoying and unrelatable. The thing that kept me reading though was definitely my desire to find out what happened to Diana and what led her to the point where she needed to run for her life.

The book really picked up past the half way mark and I found that I coudnt put it down.

Shelley Nolan
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It hooked me from page one and kept me intrigued until the last word. I loved the way the puzzle unfolded bit by bit, revealing Diana and Jon's backstory, urging me to keep reading to find out how their lives intersected and ending in a satisfying conclusion. AK Leigh has delivered an insightful and uplifting story that goes from strength to strength even as Dina finds her own hidden strengths to overcome a tragic past.
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
i really enjoyed this book, it was easy to read and flowed well. it was pretty predictable but i didnt mind that as it was a good storyline. i thought the characters were strong and you were routing for Diana and Jon to get together. it was obvious what was going to happen towards the end but getting to the end was enjoyable and kept you turning the pages. will certainly be looking out for more books by this author.
Reading
So much potential. I can overlook cheesy dialogue, too-convenient-to-believe events, or even the bit about not recognizing someone in a disguise (Clark Kent, anyone?). But then after awhile, the good parts start to become overshadowed by the bad parts. This book is good but could be so much better with a good editor.
Amy
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a smooth read with a great mix of romance and suspense. You will really be rooting for the main characters, and disliking the ex's of both of them. Great read, highly recommend.
I would like to thank the author, publisher, and NetGalley for allowing me to read this book free for an honest review.
Theweebarrell
It took me a while to get round to reading this book and wish I had read it sooner. I really enjoyed it. It had suspense and romance all at the right balance. It was so well written that i could imagine the characters and the situations as I read it. Look forward to more from A K Leigh
Jessica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
In an Oyster Shell – A story that will leave you on the edge of your seat and cheering for Jonathon and Diana.

The Pearls – I loved the book form the very beginning. You can tell something is wrong but you don’t know what it is. Curiosity keeps you turning the pages. At first, you want more information but your curiosity is satisfied soon enough as the mystery unravels page after page.

The small town setting encased a lot of great characters. Small towns could be a good place to hide sometimes, bu
Anne Martin
Am I the only one who notices the plot holes, the lack of credibility, the unfinished research, etc? I'm beginning to believe i. I read reviews giving 4 or stars to this book, and I don't get it.
It starts with a story that could be good. Diana, in the witness protection program lives now in a new town. But is that the real protection witnesses get?it makes you feel like telling them "don't bother, stay where you are", because it is a big nothing. To hide someone disabled, with fresh scars, in a
A.K. Leigh (aka Leigh Hatchmann) is an unrepentant dreamer and romantic, trauma survivor, writing teacher, and identical triplet. Her multi-genre fiction transports readers into a world of cozy mysteries, suspense, crime, the supernatural, and time travel--all entwined with a heart-pumping HEA romance. Her non-fiction titles (as Alicia Leigh) take readers on journeys to strengthen self-love, heigh ...more

The Smithfield Series (3 books)
  • Crave Her Touch (The Smithfield Series #2)
  • Trust Her Heart (The Smithfield Series #3)