Start by marking “Eraser” as Want to Read:
Eraser

Eraser

Eraser is always cleaning up everyone else’s mistakes. Except for Ruler and Pencil Sharpener, none of the other school supplies seem to appreciate her. They all love how sharp Pencil is and how Tape and Glue help everyone stick together. Eraser wants to create so that she can shine like the others. She decides to give it a try, but it’s not until the rubber meets the road

Published September 1st 2018 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about Eraser, please sign up.

Start your review of Eraser
Kimberly
In this children's picture book, the main character Eraser is feeling underappreciated. Overall, I thought this was just an okay read. I understand what the author was trying to do, but it felt a little underdeveloped and I think it would be confusing for the intended age group.
Jillian Heise
As I was reading I felt like I've seen this thematic concept done in a less didactic and smoother way. And I'm very disturbed by the apparent "Indian" in a pipe cleaner "feathered" headdress dancing next to a turkey in the kumbaya scene. Why do illustrators need to include stereotypical and damaging representations? It ruins the rest of the book, as I cannot recommend it.
Juliana
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely adorable! It's the tale of an eraser who's tired of only being around to clean up other messes. There are a bunch of school supply puns that made me smile and it was very clever. The eraser decides to leave and discovers that they're not there to just clean up messes. They're there to give everybody a second chance. It has a lovely message and really cute illustrations. Definitely one to read with your kids.
Rod Brown
My wife and I, in the midst of transition to empty nesters, like to read picture books to each other. We have a small sub-project right now where we read ones themed around pencils and erasers. This is the fourth and worst of the bunch. I have no specific complaints other than the main character just rubbed me the wrong way.
Bea
The artwork was cute but the message, though worthy, was heavy handed. Read it for the pictures and ignore the thin storyline.
Nicole
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC of this picture book & it is gorgeous! Great illustrations & wonderful story.

Anthropomorphic school supplies are classmates & all think they are great. Eraser learns that although she is different because she changes things, she is still unique and loved. Great message for children of all ages.

I received it at the ALA annual conference where the author & illustrator were nice enough to sign it for my niece.
Pam
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Eraser is ignored by the popular school supplies. He feels down on himself until he ends up in the trash can and discovers how many friends he has - first drafts think he's a hero. Pencil discovers that he's not so amazing without Eraser.
Use to talk about celebrating everyone's strengths and gifts and cooperating together.
Gloria
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute story about the most misunderstood and undervalued writing and drawing tool-- the eraser. What does she really bring to the table? A whole lot of creativity we find out. Anna Kang's story and Christopher Weyant's illustrations are so cute and witty kids will love rooting for Eraser and cheer when she learns to truly believe in herself and others do too.
Torina
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations and nice story

This is basically a story about how we take things and people for granted even though everyone and everything plays an important role. Very nicely done.
Baby Bookworm
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Eraser, written by Anna Kang and illustrated by Christopher Weyant, a look at how teamwork requires respect and cooperation.

Eraser is just as hardworking and dedicated as the other school supplies, but she can’t help but feel overlooked. After all, nearly all the other supplies create something, but her work leaves no trace behind. What’s worse, while she does
JennE
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute illustrations

Pencil is cool and only needs Eraser when she makes mistakes. Eraser becomes tired of being Pencil's "pooper scooper" and tries to show she can do more than "fix mistakes" but the "cool kids" only see her as the clean-up. When Eraser runs away, Pencil and the other school tools realize they need her. There are also several puns throughout the storyline that will appeal to primary age readers. Eraser is a book to add to a collection of themes about being unique, we all have some
Barb
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book to talk about teamwork and making mistakes.
Sara Texas Girl Reads
I love books in which inanimate objects come to life and have their own personalities. (Such as The Day the Crayons Quit!) Even better? When they have a great message for kids. Eraser, written by Anna Kang and illustrated by Christopher Weyant, has both of these things. This is another great back to school book for younger kids, and would make a perfect addition to a classroom library.

Eraser tells the story of an eraser who doesn’t feel as important as her colleagues. Pencil is so sharp, and eve
Betty
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an original idea! We all know that pencils. pens, chalk, rulers, brushes all have use when creating something. But the eraser? But just think – What happens when we make a mistake? What do we reach for? The quiet and humble eraser. Only Ruler and Pencil Sharpener recognize Eraser’s value to the team. They know that Eraser makes everyone look good by cleaning up their mistakes. So what happens when Eraser has had enough and decides to leave? That’s is when they all learn that Eraser is not t ...more
Diane
“I’m tired of being Pencil’s pooper-scooper.”

Eraser wants to be more than just the one who cleans up the mess. The most popular supplies, like crayon, highlighter, glue and pencil are the creative ones. And “Tape and Glue, they can get anyone to stick together.” Eraser would like to be creative, too. But none of the other supplies are willing to give Eraser a chance. “Eraser has one job: to clean up after me. It’s not my fault she can’t actually make anything.” So Eraser decides to run away and
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let's chat ...I ran onto Amazon to see what was on sale and just new ...found this cutie ...look at that cover!! SOLD ...it was a free read for PRIME members (let's me) how to decide this read, like a cartoon and it is like a little movie on your kindle ... so awesome!! loved it ...wish it was longer ...but i know it is meant for kids not me ... a 40 years old ... but I LOVED IT!! so awesome. great art work, great story and you feel for the eraser and see show she feels ... love it! must read. b ...more
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chrissy
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Terri
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The joys of “do overs”

Eraser is discouraged because she isn’t creative like Pencil and some of her other friends. All she can do is take things away, never making something new. But when Eraser isn’t around Pencil discovers he needs the grace of second chances she provides. Working together they find that each brings out the best in the other. Teachers or librarians might share this brief story with children then share a book or two illustrated by Floyd Cooper in which the art was created by pai
The Library Lady
Okay, I was grouchy the first time I read this-- probably from the icky blurb on the inner jacket, about this being about "figuring out who you are, finding happiness, and the importance of second,third, and maybe even fourth chances."

Gag. But on a second reading I enjoyed it. Sure, there's a lesson here, but it is carefully disguised in a funny story with lots of jokes for kids big enough to get them, and energetic art. This is about a 3.75, but I decided on the 3 because of the jacket. Get a b
Melissa Winden herr
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

This book was super cute I enjoyed the characters . Period we connected with each and every one of them my daughter and I thought it was a super cute book I suggest that anyone buy it and read it to their elementary age student children because it is so adorable the author did a great job it teaches you that in the race using your racer on your pencil you can do way more than you actually thought you could in a very cute way of saying It
BLS and QF
Cute and witty

Cute and witty. I can't wait to share it with my daughter. Relatable character for the young reader and funny commentaries for the parents (ie you're so sharp pencil and you make a fine point pencil sharpener)

Lessonsd: everyone is important, it's all about perspective, and team work makes the dream work.
M. Turner
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eraser by Kang--a cute idea

This brings the fact that mistakes are made, and it is good that some can be corrected even if merely by eraser. Humor is shown in Whiteout and his friend Eraser wanting to be more than they are. The first drafts show Eraser that sometimes we have friends we don't always know about. This is a pleasant quick read for all.
Diane Shanks-correia
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the Possibilities

I spend much of the beginning of the year teaching students how to fail. We use the acronym First Attempt In Learning. This goes beyond that and connects it to second chances or trying again. It teaches patience and persistance. This would also be a great way to introduce the Engineering and Design process. I love the possibilities.
Kristin
I liked what this book was trying to do with topics of teamwork and perseverance, but it felt very disconnected and didn't come across fully. Also, I appreciated others pointing out the stereotypical representation of Native Americans with the pipe cleaners singing "Kumbaya" on the sixth page as I missed it during my first read. I don't find this an appropriate representation for children.
Susan Jones
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story.

Even though I'm a young 65, this book was my instant pick for the month. I can't say Kindle prime fiction choices appeal to me. Wish there were more nonfiction choices. This sweet story was thoroughly delightful for the kid that should still be in all of us.
Brittnee
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The story is super cute. Kids can easily pull out a variety of lessons. This would be a great springboard for topics like kindness, inclusion, and being okay with making mistakes.

The illustrations are adorable. I love each of the little characters.
Laela
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book has a lot of good dad jokes. The illustrations sell it. It is a little cheesy in spots.
Ronnie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our 5 year old loves this books and easily understood the message of everyone has something to contribute no mater how seemingly small —-
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story with cute illustrations surrounded by a cute book. Did I mention cute and easy to read. There is a great message about making mistakes and everyone is important. This book is for 3-7 year olds.
"I'm tired of being the cleanup crew," said eraser. Don't you ever want to be more? Everyone gather for a science project meeting. Not you eraser. This is a creative meeting. That might her make a picture that pencil sharpener and ruler liked. Achoo!!! Picture gone. Eraser gets upset
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Bad Seed
  • The Artist's Way Every Day: A Year of Creative Living
  • The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
  • Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • The Art Book
  • Sticks
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • New Kid (New Kid, #1)
  • Wall and Piece
  • The Story of Art
  • Ways of Seeing
  • Dreamers
  • You Get What You Get (Little Boost)
  • Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art