Start by marking “Whispers (Feathers and Fire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Whispers (Feathers and Fire, #3)

Whispers

(Feathers and Fire #3)

The Vatican is broken… And Callie’s hearing Whispers in the dark corners of her mind…

One of the Vatican’s most infamous Shepherds has been murdered, and Callie’s friends are the prime suspects. To prove them innocent, Roland and Callie must risk their very souls…

Because Callie can’t reveal that she’s hearing strange Whispers when she uses her magic, or that she’s harbori

Published January 11th 2018 by Argento Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Whispers, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lora Shouse
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I guess I’ll have to give this one five stars. I couldn’t find anything seriously wrong with it. And it flowed to a much greater extent than any of the other books.

Given what we know about Callie and Roland and the Shepherds in this magical world, nearly everything that happens in this book makes sense or at least follows from what went before.

At least half of this story takes place in Rome at the Vatican. But this is not the Vatican that most people think of. We bypass all the churches and cha
Larry Tushman
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Callie is really coming into her own, which, of course, brings up other concerns. Plus she and Roland must solve a Shepherd-cide, so welcome to Murder on the Piety Express. Action, hilarity, treachery, and "Did that just happen?!?" abound in this book, while new players are introduced on both sides of the line. Magnificent developments for the series.
Audrey Cienki
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another lost night of sleep. I just could not put this book down. I cannot wait until the next one comes out.
Hayden
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Callie and Roland are a great addition to these series. The great stories and feelings of a slightly dysfunctional family make it fun
Paige Guido
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Callie keeps getting better and better. This time, she takes on the Vatican. Yep - that Vatican. Not the Pope... Well, the Anti-Pope, yeah. I guess he really is a thing, who knew. Meanwhile two noob werewolves are in dire trouble, and Roland's entire life goes to hell. My favorite in the series so far.
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Plot twists extraordinaire, intriguing characters and a riveting story.

I've completely given up trying to predict the unpredictable and work out where a Shayne Silvers book is heading; there's always an incredibly devious twist that would thwart even the most adept crystal ball prognosticator!

This latest chapter in the lives of Callie and the Shepherd, Roland, is no exception. An adrenaline filled read that takes them from Kansas City to Vatican City and right into the heart of danger. Prepare
Jacob Sindic
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silvers has repeatedly pushed his boundaries time and again with this world and the protagonists he's focused on, to the point where many would attest to the idea that he's well on his way to burning himself out creativity-wise. Happy to say that it's rather the opposite, instead stretching his ideas out and maintaining a stable plateau rather than forcing himself to higher jumps and more abrupt twists just to try and push the envelope further.

The story remains engaging and once again solidifie
Kristi Benton
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whispers is another home run by Shayne Silvers

Shayne Silvers has done it again. I could not put the book down until I came to The End.....But with Mr. Silvers there is never a The End but more of an Until Next Time.

We are seeing Callie grow in new powers and getting a view on the world that just re-enforces her opinion that most people suck. She’s Ok with erring on the side of caution and playing hardball until you show her differently.

It takes a ballsy woman to walk into the Vatican and say e
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was chalk full of excitement, almost too much. The only real reliefs were when Nate popped in, which is why I only gave 4 stars. I can usually count on Shayne to always add some light moments and humor to keep everyone from just feeling totally beat down, but there wasn't much of that here. I think the parts where he did try to inject some humor just cell flat with me. I think because i just didn't get the jokes.

I'm glad this chapter is over with the Shepherd business, and that neither
Penny Noble
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the third book in the Feathers and Fire series, and Mr. Silvers has done it again: this book was just as good as the previous ones. As is all of this author’s books, this book was well-written, and we are getting to know the characters so much better. Things change drastically in this one, and I was so surprised! Callie and Roland’s world will definitely be different, and I can’t wait to see where these changes will lead us. Callie is so confident in her abilities, and I love that. ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I’ve reached the point of being overwhelmed by Shayne Silvers ‘ Feathers and Fire series. It’s just so very very (very) wonderful. And now it’s book 3, Whispers, has somehow raised the bar yet again. I’m not even going to try to summarize it as I don’t want to spoil anything and so much is going on that I’d get exhausted trying. Despite that it’s easy to follow along this thrilling tale. Perfect plot. Perfect timing. Perfect world creation (especially for anyone who is a fan of the author’s ...more
Brett Wickersham
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callie Penrose. She has the powers of a wizard, and the blood of an angel, and she is being trained by one of the Church`s elite. These are all good things as Callie will need all the help she can get for this newest adventure. A Shepherd, has been murdered near the Vatican, and this particular Shepherd was the mentor of her mentor, Roland. Oh yeah, and friends of Roland and Callie`s are the prime suspects. Callie and Roland will have to walk a fine line between magic and intrigue in Vatican Cit ...more
Fleur
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Fantastic read! Things are go go go from chapter one and then you get thrown plenty of surprises, twists and times where you just don't know who to trust! Roland is such a top (yet grumpy) bloke that reading about what happens to him was hard but he is tough and my respect for him has grown, it was also great to get to know more about Shepherds and how they all work. Callie has a lot of pressure on her in this book and while she just wants to focus on doing what she needs to for herself and Rola ...more
J
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely over the top !!!

Shayne always gives us a good read, but this time he out did himself.
From the very beginning you get smacked with your favorite Shepherd being forced to become a vampire or die! Needless to say Roland is now a vampire Shepherd. Callie now has to keep the entire Conclave from learning their secret while they find proof of who killed a Shepherd and save the lives of two innocent werewolves.
I hope that is enough to whet your appetite to read this book. I don't like to g
Natalie Fallon
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great sense of humour, strong when she needs to be
This is the 3rd Feathers & Fire book, I initially came to Unchained, the first in the Callie Penrose series, after reading books in the Nate Temple series but even though Nate Temple also features in these books, you don't need to have read them first. Callie is a great main character having a great sense of humour, being able to be strong when she has to which she combines with a strong moral compass and passionate loyalty. It’s great to hea
Barry Shaw
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the series starts off with a quick Turn and then keeps on going.

You can read this series as a stand alone or mix with the Nate Temple series, I'd recommend reading both sets as they are some of the best modern day writing you will find. The more books you read the more you go back and re read to see how far back plots were set up, hinted and and seeds sown in your mind. I have to keep rereading as I never see everything the first go around.

The writing draws you in and keeps you
Serenity
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun.

I can’t explain it. The Nate Temple books are horrible. The Callie Penrose ones are wonderful. This book is nonstop blasphemous fun. Huge consequences for actions happen in whispers and Callie and Roland have to fight their way to both freedom and clearing their as well as some werewolves names to freedom. Nate pops in with his friend the day walking vampire but he is merely a sideline. Callie shows just how bas ass her fighting and sarcasm are in this hard to put down book. I can’t
Ski Croghan
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific series.....

This series is one of the best I've ever read. To get full effect the 2 series should be read in the suggested order. Many details won't really make sense otherwise. Shayne Silvers universe is interlocked in such a way that little details will be missed without the details from the interlocked series. While Callie's story is basically separate from Nate's, they cross-over in some cases. Magic, mystery and thrills galore pepper both series. Twists, turns and switch backs are p
Terri West
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great spin off series from the Nate Temple series without relying on the original to carry it.
Callie is really coming into her own now and has to once again fly by her pants and hope she comes out the other side without killing the wrong person or freak. Her mentor has a new kind of 'life' to get used to and not let this news out to the Vatican whilst they are visiting Rome.
These books are truly gripping and they are incredibly entertaining, I love Shayne Silvers humour that runs throu
Rob Enderle
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Third book in this Nate Temple spin out. As with the rest this is nicely done and explains some of the things alluded to in the Nate Temple books. The only thing I don't like is there is a sequence to reading both sets of books so the occur in order and I didn't see that until I finished this book. Not a huge problem but it would have been slightly better in order. Otherwise a great read and I've already started the next book. Wizards, vampires, the Vatican, the anti-pope, and wear bears what's ...more
Kimbra Swain
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callie Penrose is turning into a certifiably, crazy woman with a whole lot of powers. She whispers sweet nothings to her victims right before gutting them. Gotta love a woman with wit. She's off to the Vatican with her mentor who becomes one of the baddies that they hunt, because he did something stupid. Ain't that like a man? Anyway, they find themselves in the middle of a murder mess in the Holy City. Great action. Great humor. Silvers does it again.
Deb Vonallmen asencio
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can teach an old dog new tricks....especially if his life depends on it!

Join Callie and Roland on another wild ride! This chapter of Callie's story picks up quickly and never really slows down. Shayne Silvers has created a world that pulls you in mentally and emotionally, I don't read as quickly as I used to but I just can't put these down. On a side note, my vocabulary has seriously expanded and I'm hoping the next installation is a Callie/Nate-tionary ;-). Keep em coming Shayne!
Angela Ower
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God !! I love the Chemistry ...

I would and have recommended all of Shayne Silvers books !! I love how Callie is such a badass but tried to keep it in check. She is loyal and goes with her gut she isn't afraid to say what she thinks and while protecting the underdog. She protects her own, although I'm excited to see where her and Nate are going it's nice that she had Beckett and of course Roland always keeps her grounded.
Wendy Schindler
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story!!

This was a great, fast paced story that portrayed a good bit of growth and insight in a number of the main characters, introduced us to a few new faces and a couple of supernatural governing bodies.
There were, of course, several very catchy phrases and words bandied about as well. A couple of favorites: "Safe Word, Teddy Bear" and "Embrace the Suck"... Sorry, but you will have to read the book for more...
Kim Snyder
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

It started out a bit slower than the first two Callie stories had. But it didnt take long to get lost into this one. Deals, double deals, death of a mentor all come together in a mess of blood, and someone thinking they know the path to God best. It was sad to read what deal that had to be made to save two werewolves, but it makes sense. Nate stops by but not a major player in this one. I'm looking forward to the next story for sure!
Stacy Gallina
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

This series keeps getting better. I cannot believe the changes that occurred in this book. This book is pivotal and will change the series, so it is a must read. If you are thinking about getting this book, you must start worth book 1. Also, you may want to read books 1-6 of nate temple because he shows up throughout the series. supposedly the rest of the temple series overlaps this series.
Julie Carroll
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lot of action

This is a somewhat frenetic book with so many twists and turns that I had to go back and reread in order to understand. I liked the little bit of Nate we see to make the two series interact and I'm looking forward to the next mash-up. I would really give this 4 1/2 stars because the book's pacing was uneven but I really like both series so I will definitely keep reading.
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always fabulous

Callie is back and this time she and Roland are in Italy attempting to save two werewolves from murder charges. Callie is hamstrung by her inability to use magic without setting off the Vatican's wards, which makes their murder investigation doubly difficult. The mystery gets a bit Byzantine at times, but the upshot is that Callie, Roland, and the rest of the supernaturals may have a new group of bad guys to watch out for.
Ryan Ohashi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very Great!

Callie Penrose is an awesome addition to the Nate Temple/Callie Penrose series! If you love the Templevere then the Penroseverse are novels you'll want to read also!! Even more so now, since their stories intertwine... I only started reading it as an intermission between the Temple novels but now I look forward to each additional novel separately and waiting for them to merge from time to time... Girlie Penflower...LOL!
Lani
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another mind blowing tale from the incredible mind of Shayne Silvers!

Callie has her job cut out for her this time! Keeping Roland safe, freeing the girls held hostage at the Vatican and doing it all with the flair of Shayne Silvers magic! This was another of Master Silvers awesome books and leaves you counting the days till his next book! I definite must read!
  • Dire Destiny of Ours (Overworld Chronicles, #10)
  • Carpe Demon (Carus, #3)
  • Straight Outta Tombstone
  • Fire (Elemental, #4)
  • Fireborn (Seraphim, #2)
  • Shadowed (Fated, #3)
  • Revelations (Song of the Silvertongue, #1)
  • Shifter's Shadow (Legion of Angels #5)
  • Ancient Ways (Hayle Coven #15)
  • Blood is Thicker (Montague & Strong Case Files #3)
  • The Four Horsemen (Light, #2)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)
  • Summer Reign (Demon Accords #13)
Let's cut to the chase. You read stuff. I write stuff. So, If you want to nab a few of my free Amazon Best Selling Urban Fantasy books to test the waters, go here: http://www.shaynesilvers.com

Now, let's talk about this specimen of a man named Shayne...

Shayne Silvers writes the "Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series" which features a foul-mouthed, flawed, young wizard with a chip on his shoulde

Feathers and Fire (5 books)
  • Unchained (Feathers and Fire, #1)
  • Rage (Feathers and Fire, #2)
  • Angel's Roar (Feathers and Fire, #4)
  • Sinner (Feathers and Fire, #5)
“I had entered that critical stage in a woman’s life – that place when emotion starved to death and the only two options left to fill that void was to become a serial killer or to take a long, hot shower.” 2 likes
“It’s hard to say this without being judged a cynic, but from a business standpoint, it was kind of incredible how effective the Christian marketing department had been throughout history. Stunning, as a matter of fact.” 1 likes