Start by marking “Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)” as Want to Read:
Kristy's Big Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)

Kristy's Big Day

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #6)

Kristy's mom is getting married, and Kristy is going to be a bridesmaid! The only trouble is, fourteen kids are coming in town for the wedding. Kristy, Claudia, Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn, and Mallory think they can handle it, but that's before they spend a week changing diapers, stopping arguments, solving mix-ups, and planning activities. It's the biggest job the BSC has ev

Published August 28th 2018 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Kristy's Big Day, please sign up.
Sophie Graham Nannie is their grandmother and the little kids don't want to get in trouble with Nannie.

Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I was in elementary school, I probably read close to 100 Babysitter’s Little Sister books. So naturally, every time Karen makes an appearance in this series, my heart literally melts from the nostalgia. Definitely going to read the graphic novels about her when they’re published!
Ashley
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was not one thing that I didn't love about this.

Not saying that I was worried, but I wondered how Gale Galligan would incorporate Mallory into the story as a Club member (since the original took place before Mal joined) but that was well-handled. (Confession: I also wondered what would happen with Dawn's handwriting, as I have vested interest in that particular subject. For the record: it looks the same and I am content.) The story was wonderful and well-drawn, and it was a great adaptio
Rachel
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristy’s mom is marrying Watson in two weeks, and as all the friends and family come to town, the BSC takes on the task of watching 14 kids.

While this has some amusing hijinks with the kids, it lacked the usual drama. There were no fights. No evil
baby-sitting gang moving in on their turf, just a lot of kids.
Celia
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, ya
when I am sad I read The Baby-Sitter's Club and I refuse to be embarrassed about it
Rod Brown
I like Galligan's second entry in this series much better than her first adaptation. It probably helps that the source material is much stronger, with a big wedding and a focus on the club founder.
Jessica
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolute good! It was Kristy's big day which is her mom's wedding. But there is one problem, she has to move in 2 weeks after the wedding but Kristy still want to stay, she was worried she will felt like she is different. But then she didn't get to move!! Happily ever after the WEDDING!!
In the latest graphic novelization of the series, Kristy's mother plans and organizes her wedding in two and a half weeks. Having planned my own wedding, I would say that is a fricking miracle.

Cute problem solving in the baby sitting arena.

Not sure if they are going to republish all 213 novels in this series, but so far, I am enjoying the adoptions.
Shira
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
unlike the previous bsc graphic novel (Dawn and the Impossible Three) this book stuck pretty close to the original. the source material, Kristy's Big Day, translates well to the graphic format. I've read the original kristy's big day at least 20 times throughout my life, and reading this adaptation was pretty spot-on the same experience. mallory obviously wasn't in the bsc by the original kristy's big day, but she fits pretty seamlessly into this story.

the one very very very slight issue I have
Natalie
Well, wasn’t that just the CUTEST!
Morgan
Aug 25, 2018 added it
ALL THE NOSTALGIA.
Jane Maple
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kristy’s mom asks her to be a bridesmaid in her upcoming wedding to Watson. However, because of a work trip and when they can sell Kristy’s house the wedding is moved up from fall to summer. Also, there are a bunch of adults coming in the week before to help the wedding happen and they are bringing their 14 kids. Kristy suggests that the baby sitter club watch all the kids and her mom agrees and offers to pay them double their rate. Meanwhile Kristy is nervous about her mom getting married and h ...more
Brian
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
In this graphic novel adaptation of Babysitter's Club 6, Kristy's Big Day, Kristin Amanda Thomas has to deal with her mother marrying Watson and being responsible for a lot of children at the wedding. Her solution is to call in her BFFs, the BSC! The group has some hijinks especially dealing with the obnoxious Karen Brewer. The book is a bit shallow at times but the artist really does a great job bringing the scenes and characters to life.
Caroline
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love the graphic novel versions of The Babysitters Club. Reading them makes me want to go back in time and shove these into 2nd-grader-me's hands. (Instead, I was reading Goosebumps. Can those get a cutesy graphic novel update too??) These books can feel a little bit like a balm in today's world. The art is very cute, they're quick reads, and I cannot say how good it is to see girls' working together and being entrepreneurial. And each new installment has been fabulous. What I like spec ...more
Kristy is going to be a bridesmaid in her mom's wedding in September. When everything gets fast-tracked to June through a turn of events, the babysitter's club watches a group of fourteen while the adults prepare for the wedding.

This is a heart-warming episode about Kristy coming to terms with her new family, while also helping out in some big ways.
Alice Rachel
I had a really hard time finishing it.
I loved the artwork as always, but the storyline was rather tedious. :(
Kimberly
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Too many changes from the original book but still a good story.
Liv Gordon
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I LOVE THE BABY SITTERS CLUB!!!
Aleta
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
wonderful
Liz
Look there is no way in this universe that Watson and Kristi's mom would have pulled off such a big wedding so quickly. I'll have to call Ann M. Martin and give her my feedback.
Jessie straley
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love her books and I don't like to read but I got in trouble for reading because I was supposed to be in be sleeping but I had to read a chapter a night because I loved the book
Jaime
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite one so far!! I can’t wait to the newest on that comes out in September!!!
Megan Schmelzer
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Open Book Reviews by Megan Schmelzer
www.openbookreviews.org

During my days in middle school, I was a huge Babysitter’s Club fan! I read all the books, including the Little Sister’s series. I even owned the movie! It was absolutely terrible, but I wore that old VHS tape out! I was obsessed with this amazing club of best friends that created a booming babysitting empire.

I so wanted to be one of them until I realized that many of my friends hated babysitting. My dreams of having my own club were cru
Sadira
Mar 29, 2019 added it
Kristyś Big Day is about Kristyś mom getting married, and Kristy getting to be a bridesmaid! Just one downside though... FOURTEEN kids are coming to the wedding! The BSC (Baby-Sitters Club) believe they can handle all of the dramatic kids, but thatś before they realize all of the dirty diapers needed changed, arguments to handle, mix-ups, and activities needed to be planned. Will they be able to do it? Read this great book to find out.
Natalia Turner
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book the illustration are amazing 😁🤩🤩🤩
Sarajane
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of all the other BSC graphic novels, I feel like this one was the most cohesive one of the six. I really enjoyed reading this - nostalgia!
Emma
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was short but good. I loved it! I was into it the entire time I was reading it and couldn't put it down!
Kaylee Diaz
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Baby-Sitters Club, by Gale Gallian, is a fantastic book, because it is about a girl named Kristy and her mom is going to have a wedding. Kristy is in a baby sitters club with, Claudia, Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn, and Mallory. I would recommend this book to people who are interested in wedding’s and things happening all at once, because Kristy and her group have to take care of fourteen kids and get them ready for the wedding. Will these kids be easy to handle?
Elene Papazoglou
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Turns out I am just as highkey obsessed with the Baby-sitters Club as I was when I was a kid 🤸♂✨ Petition for Scholastic to bring back their BSC subscription because I cannot wait a whole 7 months for the next graphic novel to come out 😭 ...more
Kristen Luppino
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one!! Gale Galligan turned some of the baby-sitters club stories into graphic novels! The kids at school have been reading them so I had to check them out!!!
Pam
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
The latest and greatest Baby-sitters Club graphic novel delivers, as usual! Miss Rainia but love Gale. Keep it going!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Great Big Boom (HiLo, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy, #2)
  • Positively Izzy
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Swing it, Sunny
  • Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection Vol. 1
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Curse of the Harvester (Dream Jumper, #2)
  • Louis parmi les spectres
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • The Breadwinner: A Graphic Novel
  • Beach Party Surf Monkey (Welcome to Wonderland, #2)
  • Comics Squad #2: Lunch! (Comics Squad, #2)
  • Outlaw: The Legend of Robin Hood
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
Gale Galligan (she/they) is a cartoonist living in Pleasantville, New York. Her first two graphic novels, BABY-SITTERS CLUB #5: DAWN AND THE IMPOSSIBLE THREE and BABY-SITTERS CLUB #6: KRISTY’S BIG DAY, both became bestsellers on a few different lists (including the New York Times!), and also received compliments from some very nice children Gale knows.

Gale holds an MFA in Sequential Art from the S

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (7 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1)
  • The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #5)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel #7): A Graphix Book