Start by marking “Exes & Ho Ho Hos” as Want to Read:
Exes & Ho Ho Hos

Exes & Ho Ho Hos

He’s been a very good boy this year...

Eight years ago, I let the woman I love walk away over canned cranberry sauce. And it was the worst mistake of my life.

So when she shows up to play Santa for my daughter’s preschool Christmas party, you’re damn right I’m going to try to get her back.

Except Kaitlyn Holly’s lost all of her Christmas cheer. Which means it’s my job to help
Published January 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Exes & Ho Ho Hos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exes & Ho Ho Hos

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Exes & Ho Ho Hos is a short, sexy holiday story by Pippa Grant.

Eight years ago, Kaitlyn Holly lived for Christmas. And for the love of her life, Jake Huntington. Kaitlyn’s family owns the city’s largest Santa booking company. An argument that got blown way out of proportion ended her relationship with Jake. After the loss of her parents, Kaitlyn lost Christmas.

Christmas decorations

Jake never forgot Kaitlyn. After they broke up, a rebound relationship ended in a pregnancy and wedding. The marriage didn’t last bu
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Dec 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
description

I thought this would be a cute Xmas book to read in between baking and cooking for tomorrow. It was not. One, the reason they broke up eight years prior was BEYOND childish. Two, he sure didn't wait long to move on by knocking up an OW and marrying her. Three, she falls right back into bed with him a couple of hours after seeing him for the first time in eight years. Instead of HOHOHO, this was BAH HUMBUG.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Carol
2.75 stars.
A whole lot of Christmas Craziness from the "wacky" Pippa Grant. Short and smutty novella.

Of all my regrets in life, my biggest at the moment was sitting on Santa’s lap at Macy’s when I was three and asking for a little brother. Because the fucker delivered, and I want a refund. Twenty-five years isn’t too late to return him, is it? …………………

Hot chocolate...………...
satisfying hot chocolate GIF
and candy canes...…………….

love this behind the scenes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: smut
Well I would have liked this if not for all the ways the H/h called his penis.

1. His jingle bells and candy cane
2. Reindeer antler
3. His favorite wooden toy

Another reason, this was just ridiculous. You can have a Christmas romance without making everything Christmas. Even the tattoos on both H/h were Christmas theme. And having a Santa sleigh over you no no square isn't the biggest turn on but the biggest turn off.

I want to be done with Christmas after this. At least she didn't yell Deck the hal
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
This was a quick, steamy and sometime funny second chance romance. It was a little on the cute side at times, but not enough to make me not like it or turn too syrupy sweet. It was a perfect Christmas tale as these two former lovers find one another again and both have changed. Jake has changed but so has Kaitlyn. In the most significant way is Kaitlyn used to have so much Christmas spirit but now has lost it. It was enjoyable to see her find and to see the couple find their way back to one anot ...more
Carly
Cute, sweet, funny little Christmas romp. Exactly what I was in the mood for.
Betsy
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute, with obligatory Berger siblings appearance.
Today is a School Day

Any day is a school day when you learn something new. Today I learned that Santa is a woman. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Clever, sexy, second chance Christmas romp between a single dad and the "elf" who's lost her holiday spirit. Special cameo by the Berger twins.
Petra Gleason
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.
Jake just pissed me off. His professing that Kaitlyn is the love of his life, doesn't play out in the timeline or by his actions. Best part about this was the Berger siblings.
Elley Murray
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy Christmas euphemisms, Batman! Lmao!!
Nate Brightman
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Exes & Ho, Ho Ho’s
This is Pippa Grant in a very condensed form. Barely over 50 pages long. It’s hilarious, irreverent, sexy and romantic. I can see where it might rub some non-Grant fans the wrong way when our heroine is calling Santa “a fucker” in the very first paragraph. I’ve noticed many contemporary romance writers who normally put enough salty language and sex in their stories to earn a hard R or soft X rating often go PG on it in their annual Christmas stories in deference to the sea
A.M.
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
Kaitlyn Holly’s family business is Christmas. This year, with a flu outbreak she’s called in to be Santa for a preschool when she sees a small girl with the eyes of her ex, Jake. But then one of the parents has had too much Christmas cheer and accuses her of flirting with his wife. In the tussle, her beard gets pulled off and the fantasies of small children are shattered.
“ Santa’s a girl ! ” Zoe shrieks . “ I knew it ! I knew a man couldn’t do all that Santa does ! ”
Four years old , and she has
Kelli
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Exs and HoHoHos
Author: Pippa Grant
FIVE STARS
This Short novella by Pippa Grant is a second chance romance.
Having been in a very serious relationship in college, Jake and Kaitlyn, have both changed a lot in the eight years they have been apart.
Can Jake convince Kaitlyn that he still loves her and wants her back? Will Kaitlyn give Jake and Christmas another chance?
This book is a very fast paced second chance romance with some pretty funny moments.
And don't forget the Berger twins ar
Reading Addict
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exes & Ho Ho Hos is a cute, sexy, second chance Christmas rom com novella written in true signature Pippa Grant style. 8 years ago Jake and Kaitlyn were college seniors and in a relationship. Kaitlyn was full of joy and hope for the future. Jake wasn't much of a free spirit but that quality was what attracted him to Kaitlyn. Now it's 8 years later and Jake's a divorced single father with a lot of regrets and Kaitlyn has lost her joy. They meet at a preschool Christmas event and have been giv ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
Exes & Ho Ho Hos by Pippa Grant is a single parent, second chance, romantic comedy, holiday novella told in dual POV.

Jake and Kaitlyn were in a relationship in college that didn't work out. It's been eight years since they've seen each other and a lot has changed, but Jake never forgot about Kaitlyn.

Now divorced and a single father, Jake regrets the way things ended in college. When he runs into Kaitlyn at a holiday event, he's determined to win her back.

Kaitlyn has experienced loss and di
Lisa
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this quick, funny, feel-filled read.

Exes and Ho Ho Hos was the first book I ever read by Pippa Grant. I had originally gotten it free on Bookfunnel or Booksprout, but after reading it the times and losing it on a now defunct device, I purchased it. This is an abbreviated intro to Pippa's writing style and some of her main characters from other books.
The chemistry between Jake and Kaitlyn is through the roof, even after eight years. I loved the way their reunion unfolded. I've read this bo
Elysian Fields
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Marry Christmas Balls people! Oh, my Santa! This story was so amazingly awsome. It was such fun, so cute and pulled me from my holiday funk. I am going to make it a tradition to read this story every year. Pure holiday perfection.

I LOVED the Christmas puns on every page, the pure incorporation of everything Christmas, along with amazing characters and plenty of humor. I even, completely unexpectedly cried at the end! WHAT?? I don't get emotionally involved in books, but this one was too sweet.
BkBfLvr
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delicious

A good laugh, somewhat wet eyes, a Christmas revival revolution untying knots in my gut... This will be my first Christmas without my own personal Santa... but Jake’s efforts and Kaitlyn the Reindeer seems to urge my so much beloved Santa and Dad to make a flash comeback into our lives, bringing back some of our lost joy, even if just as some scribbles on some piece of paper to bring back the memories and never let them escape again. It’s been 2 months since Dad passed away, and I gues
Lauren
This story is short, fast paced and festive. I read this book in one sitting and was left wanting more. This book is the first book of Pippa Grant’s that I have read. Because of this, I wasn’t sure on what to expect. I needn’t have worried as I found the writing easy to follow, the characters likeable and the story enjoyable. I liked Kaitlyn and Jake. The chemistry between them and I was they got a second chance. I liked the Christmas spirit in this book, it is pure cheesiness and I loved it.
Th
Lexee Toste
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read! It was quick and just a feel good story. Jake and Kaitlyn were together in college and had a ugly breakup but neither ever stopped loving the other. It's been 8 years since it happened and both people have changed. Jake gets his second chance when he runs into Kaitlyn and he isn't walking away from it. He's ready to make his move and show her the magic of Christmas again and how much he's changed. The sex is explicit and fits the story. I really liked the characters and just ...more
Donna
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is too cute. It is a delightful, hilarious, feel-good story of a second chance at a forever love. Kaitlyn and Jake were once very much in love, however, they broke up for some ridiculous reasons. They never did get over loving the other even though it's been eight years. The scene where Kaitlyn loses her Santa suit is laugh out loud funny. Absolutely loved how the author describes everything. If you can't enjoy this story, you need a heart transplant as well as a sense of humor. Hardily rec ...more
Dotti Elrick
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exes and Ho Ho Hos is a very short second chance romance, about one person finding their lost Christmas spirit. And having a very special gift to help the other discover what was never understood.
This story moves very quickly. Jake and Kaitlyn reconnect at his daughters preschool Christmas party. They broke up in a very angry way eight years earlier but discover being together again they never lost the love they once had for each other.
And the bonus, the Berger twins make a brief appearance, i
Amy
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick little second chance novella about Holly, who lived the Christmas spirit and Jake, maker of cheap toys and follower of the almighty dollar. Holly and Jake broke up 8 years before when they were in college. They accidentally meet again when Holly is playing Santa to Jake’s daughter Zoe’s preschool. Lovely romance proving that Santa comes to good girls and boys. With a cameo appearance from the Berger Twins. Delightful!
Christi Fowler
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genre: Romance: Holiday, Single Dad, Second Chance
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: Part or the Pippa Grant universe
POV: Kaitlyn and Jake
Steam Level: Toasty Warm
4/5

Exes and Ho Ho Hos is a cute holiday novella, packed with typical Pippa Grant humor of innuendo and metaphors. I enjoyed meeting Jake and Kaitlyn, the appearance of Zeus and Ares, and Zoe (Jake's daughter) is freaking awesome! Exes and Ho Ho Hos definitely spread the holiday spirit.
Mary Parks
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this! Short, sweet, cute and right to the heart...Jake and Kaitlyn never fell out of love, they just both got stupid, said things that couldn't be unsaid, and lost YEARS of love and happiness because of sheer stubborn stupidity....one good thing came from it, Zoe, Jake's amazing daughter from his really failed marriage that should have never been..a special appearance by the Berger twins and this Christmas in the heat, brings the heat!! Just right, a sweet treat until Ares gets his due!!
Angie Flanagan
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved this story so much! Yes it's short, but wow, what a punch it packs in a little bit of time! I didn't want it to end!!! Pippa, you are amazing!!!
I loved the humour of course, as all of Pippa's books have it in there, and plus there is some surprise guest appearances!! Not going to ruin it for y'all.
They're story was so great, and it wasn't like you had to drag it out from their past relationship to their Current and so forth.
I LOVED IT ALL!!!
Nicole Normand
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
-When fate gives you a 2nd chance, just grab it and that's what Jake did when he saw Kaitlyn again after 8 long years.
-I thought the one and one sex scene was really funny and I LOL all along. I don't think it was supposed to be funny but it was as if they thought they would die if they didn't...
-One star off. Editing needs another pass. Not to serious, though. And I could've done without the swearing; it didn't add anything to the story and was really inappropriate in the context.
Becky
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and heartwarming

Pippa Grant is my go to for hot, heartwarming, and funny as hell. Jake and Kaitlyn have a history, one that didn't end so well but they couldn't forget each other. This quick sexy Christmas story spreads the joy and then some. The cameo appearance of the Berger Twins makes it classic!
Lisa
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Christmas Read

Cute little shot of Christmas cheer with a hot ending, huge bonus that the Berger twins make an appearance. Jake and Katilyn rediscover one another at a Christmas party where Katilyn has been tapped to play Santa. Cute story with tons of holiday cheer and one hot romp. Recommended for those of you looking for a short story with a little naughty on the side.
Debra
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Exes and Ho Ho Hos

This was about two people who were once lovers and split up. He sees her right years later and wants her back. But she is not the same woman. And he has a child to think about. This was a steamy read as the cover suggests. Will he get her to say yes to more than sex?
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• One Summer of Surrender (Seasons, #3)
  • Ex On The Beach
  • The Sound of Running Horses (Dogleg Island Mystery #2)
  • The Pumpkin Was Stuffed (The Holidays, #5)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)
  • Mad About the Marquess (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Steam Me Up, Rawley (Mint Julep & Monocle Chronicles, #1)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • When Good Earls Go Bad (Dukes Behaving Badly, #1.5)
  • Unwrapped
  • Santa, Baby
  • Take the Monkey and Run (Call of the Wilde #4)
  • Harlot (Bartered Hearts, #2)
  • Santa 365 ( Chet and Bernie, #3.1)
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more