Start by marking “Sombra” as Want to Read:
Sombra

Sombra

(Love in Translation #2)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
"LUSH… Sombra is MY FAVORITE kind of read, unexpected and a total ROMANTIC ESCAPE." ~ Jay Crownover, New York Times bestselling author

My life had been unlived.
The safe major at the safe school. The safe boyfriend with his safe promises.
Then I stepped off the plane in Madrid and saw him. Of all the men in Spain, he has to be the very hottest.
That crooked smile. That devasta
Published (first published April 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Sombra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sombra

Deb Markanton
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sombra is a stunningly beautiful story that will burrow into your heart, take hold of your emotions as well as your senses, and leave you in a puddle of feels.
Leslie McAdam has written a moving and intimate story of young love, set against the enchanting and intriguing, centuries old landscape and culture of Spain and its people. The lifestyle and food, as seen through Kim’s inexperienced and naive eyes are gorgeously descriptive, authentic and fresh. Tavo is one sexy AF guy—sensitive and talent
Leslie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
My dearest wish is that you fall in love with Tavo enough that your autocorrect changes taco to Tavo.

Tavo Tuesday
Tavo Bell
Do you want soft or hard Tavos? (Always HARD.)
Let's go out for Tavos and margaritas.
Man, I could use a Tavo right now.

Tee hee. Thanks for reading!
Love,
Leslie
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
5++++ stars!!!

description

“…our love blossomed in the dark.”

“…They had a sombra. Everyone does. But they had spent their time pretending their shadow did not exist… If you face the sun, though, you will always have a shadow. That’s the way it works. We all cast shadows behind us. Better to take a look and see what’s in there than to be scared of it…”

description

As an avid reader, I love a lot of authors and a vast number extent of troupes. Leslie McAdam is certainly on that list of authors’ that I one-click before
Everything Marie
Five SWEET STARS!

Ahhhhh...this book was so beautiful! Sombra is a sensual story of finding yourself and finding the love of your life. We watch as two people from different parts of the world fall so in love that nothing will stop them from being together.

Kim goes to Spain for her last semester of college. She has wanted to be free from Iowa and her parents and this is the perfect chance for her to find herself. She is staying with the de la Guerra family on their Olive Farm. What she wasn’t e
Katy Cuthbertson
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. Love. Leslie McAdam.
Her words give me all the feels. I always enjoy her books, but Sombra?? Sombra is another level. I feel that this is her best work yet! I have read it in its entirety 3 times, and partial reads several more than 3 🙀. I plan to reread it again as soon as the release hits my Kindle! This felt less like a book to me and more like a memoir... a memoir that I was THERE for. I smelled the smells. Saw the sights. Felt the pain and the joy. I cried. I laughed. I loved. I despised.
Romazing Reader
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m in love, love, love with this story!!
Every single word of it! #TavoIsAllMine
Beautiful writing. Beautiful setting. Beautiful characters ... and especially beautiful sexytimes! Such a great story that hit all my heart-gushy-feels and took me on an incredible, emotional, and sensual journey in the book, even challenging me in my own personal thoughts for my life ... I not only fell in love with Kim and Tavo, I fell in love with Spain too! Sombra is a very special contemporary erotic romance .
Kimberly
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most beautiful story of self discovery and love that I have ever read. Tavo by Leslie McAdam is a must read!

Sombra is the intimate story of Tavo, a man trying to save his family’s farm all while putting his dreams aside, and Kim, who has a passion for life, finding each other when she rents a room from his family while studying abroad.

I truly have no words for Tavo and Kim. They are each so perfectly written, I feel like I can see into their souls. Watching their relationship grow an
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Love certainly was in translation in this beautifully written story by Leslie McAdam. This story speaks volumes of uncertainty, growth and sensual love.

For me this story started off a little slow as I was just so eager for Kim, the heroine in the story, to get her butt to Spain; where she is on a trip of a lifetime to finding herself without others dictating to her what she should do. Along comes, Tavo, the sexy Spaniard that Kim is living with while in Spain on their olive farm and here is whe
Tope
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah…this book! Honestly I absolutely LOVED it to the point that when I was in Church today, I started crying just thinking about it. I was crying because I was so thankful that authors like Leslie have a gift for writing and use them for good.

Seriously…y'all just have to read the book. It's sweet. It's innocent. It's thought-provoking. It's hopeful. It's funny. It's suspenseful. It is simply wonderful.

Given how amazingly awesome this book is, normally I'd comment on the characters, their stories
Andrea Britton
Five SWEET STARS!

Love & Lavender Book Review
I'm hooked on Sombra!!! My heart...I'm DEAD! I've left my heart in Spain with Tavo and Kim, and this magical olive farm. Sombra is an assault on my senses. I could hear every whisper of wind, taste every strawberry, smell the orchards, and feel the divine instant connection between Tavo and Kim.

This story of self exploration and growth is exquisite. Not only is it exotic, but the combination of Spanish and English text heightens every conversation. The verbiage is quick, proficient in it's meani
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Sombra is a poetically written story of self discovery. It's beautiful, heartfelt and filled with tearful moments. The story is set in the inspiring county of Spain, a perfect location for the exploration of the mind, body and soul.

Kim Brown is finally getting the college experience, she's studying abroad in Spain. It's an opportunity for her to spread her wings and explore. Kim needs to get from under her boyfriend and parents influence. As it turns out there's a lot more to explore in Spain t
Liz
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful story! Loved it and completely got lost in the story!
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
" Self-realization occurs when you're ready to face your truth."
Ignorant, naive, inexperienced, living a very sheltered life, Kim takes a trip to Spain where her entire life changes. Everything she ever believed in alters with all the new experiences she is enjoying on a quaint, family-run farm, surrounded by olive groves. By breaking her routine and venturing out on her own she has discovered a whole new world, one she truly needs to bloom as an individual... and discovering an all encompassing
Amanda
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I haven’t read the first one but this can easily be read as a standalone. I wasn’t confused at all. I fell in love with the characters and I was completely invested with Kim and Tavo. Together they are complete. I enjoyed this so much that I’ll definitely have to go read the first one. Definitely a great story!
Jessica Alcazar
Let’s talk about a couple things before we get into the meat of this book. The cover … #stunnedstupid if you don’t jump on this book based solely on the cover, I just can’t help you. The Spanish … THANK YOU JESUS, finally a book where every Spanish phrase used throughout the book is not immediately translated into English. Let me explain a little bit. I have no clue what it’s like to read Spanish and not understand it. Same goes for English. You could say I learned both languages simultaneously. ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moving & intimate.

Kim has always lived a sheltered life in Middle America. Now having the opportunity to study a semester in Spain, she is about to embark on a journey of self-discovery that she has only dreamed of.

Tavo is young, but as the eldest son is running his family's farm. His dream is to pursue music and move to America.

Kim and Tavo's journey is moving and so intimate. Their passion for one another is all-consuming. A deep and moving story of young love and how deep into our souls
Anne Milne
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stunning this book is simply stunning, the words flow like poetry and draw you into a beautiful story of true love.

It was easy to be swept along with the story of Kim and Tavo. The author did an amazing job describing the landscape of Spain and Kim’s reaction to being in a new country.

Kim has been sheltered all her life and has come to Spain to have her first taste of independence, she’s staying with Tavo’s family who are interesting to say the least.

I fell in love with Tavo and Kim from the
Tanaka K
This year, I made a lot of reading resolutions. There were typical ones like read a new genre or tackle more risqué topics in romance. But my major one was expose myself to new authors. Find more stories that will touch my heart and make it fuller. I found that in Sombra. This magnificent book. This colourful book with a burst of life. This perfect and enigmatic read. Sombra was the highlight of my month. I was stunned. I was electrified. I was doused in a beautiful book with an ferocious story ...more
Becky Rendon
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second page in and my heart rate increased. My body coiled with anticipation. I started to imagine all that he could accomplish with my body. Forbidden desires and secret liaisons… TAVO!

Sombra is decadent. It is desire. It is freedom. It is growth. It is a love story that ensnares its own characters. A tale of desire that amps up the readers own bodily responses. The tension, lust, and needs of the characters come alive in the reader. So much so that you (the reader) may carry on the fantasy in
Tope
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Christine
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This coming of age book is sexy, poetic, delicious and addicting. There’s something about this book and the characters that make you want them to find their place in the world. With the perfect balance of character development, story development and the magical prose of Leslie McAdam, Sombra is a book that I highly recommend. 5 Olive Oil Stars

*** Reviewed for Sweet & Spicy Reads - ARC provided for an honest review ***
Reading with 2 book lovers
I loved this sensual and sweet story.
Kim and tavon are the stars of this book and ms mcadams really has a way of writing outstanding characters.
I highly reccomend this series of standalones.
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
What can I say about Sombra by Leslie McAdam? Well, where do I begin? This story had my senses on overdrive. The description of the food and locations felt as if I could smell the aroma, taste the cuisine and virtually place myself on an olive farm or on the streets of Spain. It's perfectly written and had me falling in love with two characters that steal my heart from the start.

Gustavo "Tavo" de la Guerra Canto, try and say his name three times and seriously you would wish you'd be saying his n
Kim (iScream Books) Markett
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jesús, Maria, y José!! Talk about a riveting, provocative and arousing story with stunning plot twisting surprises.

Our open and enthusiastic main character, Kim leaves for Spain for her studies but also a clean slate and a exploration of herself but what she finds is Tavo, an enticing gorgeous man that lives and works on his family’s olive oil farm but dreams of moving to America until Kim shows up and he finds Spain a more an attractive place to be.

Leslie has not let us down with another stimul
Amy Stephens
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leslie McAdam is a new author to me and boy, did I pick a great story to start with. The writing is stunning, very touching, and so, so good.

I wasn't really sure I was going to like Sombra as I sometimes have trouble when there's foreign translations throughout the story. It's just something that I struggle with, but let me tell, you, I think the translations added so much depth with this one. This isn't just a love story written on the surface--it's deep and full of passion and angst.

Kim and T
Heidi Dickinson
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five perfect stars!! Kim is headed to Spain for a semester of college, leaving behind a fiancé and her family in Iowa. She will be living with a family outside of Granada on their olive farm. Tavo, the middle son, is the lucky one that gets to pick her up form the airport in Spain. Holy hotness!! The sparks between Kim and Tavo!! Woah! But Kim has a fiancé. And Tavo is promised to Sonia. They were so perfect for each other, but had so many obstacles to overcome. The writing in this book...I felt ...more
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Kim Brown has spent her entire life pleasing those around her. For the first time, she has the chance to really do something just for her . . . she’s headed to Spain on scholarship for a semester and while she’s nervous, she really can’t wait to embrace all that Spain has to offer her. What she didn’t expect was the instant connection with the young man, Tavo, who picks her up at the airport and becomes her lifeline in Spain.

Gustavo de la Guerra became the man of the family at a young age when h
Romance Readers Retreat
When I first started this book, it was slow going for me and I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it ended up being an enjoyable book for the most part. There was a lot of back and forth between using Spanish and English which kind of got confusing because at times, I couldn't understand what they were saying. For the most part, the author translated it for us but there were parts that she didn't and I had to go and look it up myself.

Sombra is a story about self-discovery and finding one's
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
5 beautiful stars!! Kim and Tavo's story is so very sweet and touching. This story is so well written and the characters are perfectly developed, I loved them right away. Tavo is so swoon worthy and Kim is so passionate about life. Together they make a perfect pair.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Leslie McAdam is a California girl who loves romance, Little Dude, and well-defined abs. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm in Southern California with her husband and two small children. Leslie always encourages her kids to be themselves - even if it means letting her daughter wear leopard print from head to toe. An avid reader from a young age, she will always trade ...more

Love in Translation (2 books)
  • Sol

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
“In whatever language, you have my heart, my soul, my everything.” 3 likes