Start by marking “A Time Of Blood (Of Blood and Bone #2)” as Want to Read:
A Time Of Blood (Of Blood and Bone #2)

A Time Of Blood

(Of Blood and Bone #2)

Defy the darkness. Defend the light.

Drem and his friends flee the battle at Starstone Lake to warn the Order of the Bright Star. They’ve witnessed horrors they’ll never forget, such as magic warping men into beasts. But worst of all, they’ve seen a demon rise from the dead – making it even more powerful. Now Fritha, the demons’ high priestess, is hunting Drem’s party.

Conce
Expected publication: April 18th 2019 by Pan Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about A Time Of Blood, please sign up.

Petrik
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: TFatF & epic fantasy fans
ARC provided by the publisher—Pan Macmillan— in exchange for an honest review.

A Time of Blood earned my absolutely undying praise for its impeccable, top-notch quality.

Currently, there are only three fantasy authors in the world who can compel me to drop every book in my reading plan and start their newest published work instead; John Gwynne is one of them. There will never be a shortage of praises I can give towards Gwynne’s books. I’m serious, I have insanely high expectations towards his book
John Gwynne
Dec 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The cover art for A Time of Blood is here. I've always been fortunate with my cover art, but I'm particularly pleased with this one. The weapon on the front is designed from my own seax - a type of Viking long-knife. It is also wielded by a character in the book.
I hope you like it.
What do you guys think?
Emma
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Following on from the catastrophic finale of A Time of Dread, this is a high action, high tension blinder of a read. When you pick it up that first time be prepared not to put it down till the last page. It follows standard film sequel rules: bigger, bolder, bloodier. There are all kinds of monstrous creatures chucked in, perhaps running a little too far with it at times… I’m looking at you Ulf and crew. Still, it makes for some seriously incredible scenes, cinematic and deadly. Even with all th ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Gah!! Look at the cover! I have the paperback pre ordered on Amazon but they don't have the cover and this book comes out on my BDay month 😄

Sebastien Castell
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A Time of Blood is the second book in John Gwynne's new fantasy epic of warring angelic beings, their demonic nemeses, and, most of all, the people caught in the middle. It's a tale of good versus evil, but not the kind I was expecting, which is why this book is so damned good.

The very idea of good versus evil strikes me as one of the most pernicious notions ever devised by human beings. It lets us burn a brand into the very soul of those we dislike and gives us the moral freedom to use whatever
Karina Read
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that I finish a book I love and struggle to articulate why everyone else will love it too. It’s been over twelve hours since I finished this masterpiece and my prevailing thought remains ‘it’s fantastic, read it, it’s fantastic, read it’… So I will do my best to explain why you should. I’d also like to note that while there are references to events and characters in Gwynne’s The Faithful and the Fallen series, this series can be read without having read them.

A Time of Blood is the
Will.J.R.Gwynne Gwynne
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
The cover has been released, and I absolutely love it!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Jan 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
"Dark blood drank he, from the demon welling."
The Volsung Saga
Jem
Dec 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
December 2018 - y’all don’t even know how much I need this book. Like, it’s a physical need. I’m shivering in anticipation. I’ve got a ton of book orders shipping in soon so I’ll be pre-ordering this one in March or something (along with Holy Sister lol; I pre-order books in bulk based on the month of their release). But I am s o r e a d y
Bee the Bookworm
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been impatiently waiting for A Time of Blood since finishing A Time of Dread, and it was worth it. The title is accurate in the extreme - there is certainly plenty of blood, but there are also plenty of other equally important facets to the second part of this story. Whilst some fantasy books of this type can feel like they bounce from one battle scene to another, Gwynne ensures that it is definitely not the case with this installment. Whilst there are some epic battle scenes, this is fin ...more
Kayla
Dec 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kayla by: John Gwynne
Buddy read with Devin when this comes out

HOLY CRAP ITS SO BEAUTIFUL 😭
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
#1 A Time of Dread: ★★★★★
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Copy received from Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

John Gwynne has firmly cemented his place as one of my favourite fantasy writers and A Time of Blood is an excellent read. I was hooked from the first page to the huge cliff hanger at the end. The plot is fantastic and moves along at a very satisfying pace, building and building until you’re sat there almost screaming “oh my god” (or is that just me?). This book was unputdownable.

The story picks up straight after the end of the first book so
Sean
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Received ARC from Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for honest read and review.

Can I give more than 5 stars?

As a lot of you know I am a big fan of John Gwynne since Faithfull and the Fallen started with Malice all those years ago.

This is another superb read ,set after the events of the first book,and this did not let up at all.It has Angels,Demons and everything in between,good v evil.

Utterly brilliant and I cannot rate it highly enough.

Looking forward to bok 3.....
Laura Mulligan
PixieInkheart
Jan 25, 2018
Vilde
Jan 26, 2018
Malice is my debut novel. Goldsboro Books of London, specialists in signed first-editions, have made Malice their 'Book of the Month' for December 2012.

I was born in Singapore while my dad was stationed there in the RAF. Up until he retired that meant a lot of traveling around, generally a move every three years or so.

I live with my wife and four wonderful (and demanding) children in East Sussex.

Of Blood and Bone (2 books)
  • A Time Of Dread (Of Blood and Bone #1)