Start by marking “The Pleasure of Panic (Jordan's Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pleasure of Panic (Jordan's Game, #2)

The Pleasure of Panic

(Jordan’s Game #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  528 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
A new day. A new game. A new girl to (try and) please.
Issy Grey is a control freak. There’s no problem she can’t solve. Issy’s also a successful self-help author, presenter, and life coach. She has every answer, every time you ask for it.
That is… until her BFF butts into her life and signs her up for a sexual fantasy fulfillment game she never asked to play!
Now she can’
Published April 10th 2018 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about The Pleasure of Panic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pleasure of Panic

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Loved this one, this series is turning into one of my favourites from JA Huss!

In this instalment of 'Jordan's Game' we meet Issy Grey a Jujitsu champion who teaches women how to self-defend and gain confidence through self-empowerment classes. Without realising it, she soon becomes embroiled in an FBI investigation, where she is assigned to Agent Finn Murphy.

Trouble is, she doesn't know if she is part of a game or whether or not to trust her sexy bodyguard.

Huge chemistry betwe
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
Where to start, where to start...

You guys, this one isn’t as twisty as some of JA’s prior stuff, but man – it was a thrilling ride! And before I get into this whole review, let me just note that the pace of this story is just as much of a character as Issy and Finn were.

TPOP 5 copy

I can’t really say it was a slow burn, because once you’re in the game – YOU. ARE. IN. THE. GAME. But the whole story sort of felt like once you hit the sweet spot, where you’d finally get the pieces, like shit just went full s
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Shelves: 2018, arc
I'm not sure what just happened, but I loved it. This author never fails to take me for a ride that has me constantly guessing where it's going. I'm kind of addicted to it. I think it's rare to find books that you can't predict what's going to happen and it gives me kind of a rush.

I found it hilarious that Chella keeps popping up in this series stirring the pot. The fact that she signed up her best friend for one of Jordan's games was bold. Poor Issy, she gets turned down for the game...but then
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
The Pleasure of Panic was a wild, twisted ride in which it was close to impossible to figure out what was real and what was not!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
At the beginning of The Pleasure of Panic, I got so incredibly angry at Jordan on Issy's behalf! He really acted like an arse, because she didn't really want to play the game with him. But when she finally dared to tell him what she might want - if she decided to play - he told her that wouldn't do
Jennifer Diaz
I so loved this one from JA Huss!! Review to come shortly!
Brandi
God, there's just something fucking magical about the words Julie strings together. Just. Fucking. Magical.
"Take it any way you want. I'm just letting you know there's no point to pleasure without a little panic.

We know Jordan Wells is playing with people. We got that in His Turn. We got that in Total Exposure. But Jesus fuck. He's his own brand of fucking crazy. And I don't mean that in a bad way. He does some pretty impressive shit in this book--and he does it with his clothes on! I know,
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
I think i expected these books in the 'Jordan's Game' series to be mostly or at least half erotic/kinky. Jordan organises sex games right? So they're called 'Jordan's GAME'. But the books aren't based on fantasies, or kink, or sex. They're more situation based.

The Pleasure of Panic was too complicated for me. The story left you dangling on revealing secrets and information until the very end. I do like how all the books tie with her other series', but when you haven't got a good memory like me,
Michell Hall casper
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!! I know it's only book two in the series but it's my favorite of the two.

I don't know that Huss meant for this book to be funny but she had me laughing out loud a few times. I loved the chemistry between Finn and Issy. It was so perfectly written. It's like they were meant to be together. Maybe Jordan knows what he's doing. LOL! Nobody leaves you second guessing your thoughts the way JA Huss does. And she is so sneaky at leaving things open for later and leaving us begging
Naomi
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-author, on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

4.5 Stars

Every time I pick up a read by J.A. Huss, I know it is going to be one hell of a mind trip, and The Pleasure of Panic was just that and more! It was a whirl wind romance, that developed with danger building all around them. Issy and Finn both had demons in their past, that seemed to resurface after they met, which they both needed to face, together. It certainly was a fast paced read that kept me on the edge of my seat!

After Issy's meeting with
Ari
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
❝ ...pleasure is what you want in the beginning, but satisfaction is what you get at the end.❞

The Pleasure of Panic was a bit different than the previous books in this series, but still an enjoyable read. While the previous installments had a touch of darkness to this, this book was a lot lighter and even had some moments of humor. Issy and Finn meet and at first there's a misunderstanding because Issy is under the impression that her meeting Finn is all part of "the game", but as the story
Julie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you name the twistiest road on Earth? It’s the path J.A. Huss takes her readers down in her latest novel, The Pleasure of Panic. This is the second book in author J.A. Huss’ Jordan’s Game Series of standalone novels. Jordon Wells is the master manipulator when it comes to fulfilling his clients’ fantasies, but in this latest game, it’s not clear how or if he is involved, let alone the identity of his client.

Ms. Huss is known for her twisted romantic suspense stories, and she has outdone hers
Badass Bloggettes
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! The Pleasure of Panic is the second book in Jordan’s Games series. If you are a JA Huss fan you know Jordon Wells from The Turning series and the first book in the series Total Exposure . Jordan’s Games is a little like Fantasy Island for the kinky sex lovers. However, the players don’t get on a plane to get to the island. In fact, they rarely know they are even on an island. The players are dropped into the game at Jordan’s whim.

In The Pleasure of Panic , Is
Randi  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I'm torn about this review. One one hand after seeing the cover and reading the blurb, I was expecting a quick and dirty erotic read. You know, one that wouldn't be appropriate for my blog. I was expecting to write a short little review saying that the steamy bits were top notch and move on.

Guess I should have read other reviews before starting this one.

This is a book I could see a lot of people liking. It had action, suspense, and tastefully explicit steamy bits.

This book had
Liz
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a book by J.A. Huss I am amazed by her words. She is an amazing writer and her words draw you in with their journey. In The Pleasure of Panic, the second in the Jordan’s Game series, the games continue. Jordan is at it again, or is he? And though we have seen him in many books previously, there is so much we still do not about him. But I digress, this is not Jordan’s book.

This time around we get Issy Grey and Finnegan Murphy. Both are harboring secrets and troubled pasts. Now
Nomims
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

I liked the story but i was also confused by it lol. I didn't quite expected this much action and suspense but yeah this surprised me.
I was a bit lost sometimes because i didn't understood some things probably related to other books so it was kinda annoying but still ok.
What i really liked though is not knowing if it was a game or which game it was !
I would've liked a bit more of Issy and Finn at the end and a bit of extended explanations ...
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
This book definitely kept me guessing. I thought I knew what game Jordan was playing but I had no idea until the very end. And while Finn plays the "hero" in this book he's got a dark side that we haven't seen in many of J.A. Huss' heroes. I loved how everything got pulled together in the end and I can't wait to see what Jordan has in store for the next book.
Melissa Fisher
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need Issy's class!!!!

In typical JA Huss fashion she has done it again! Issy and Finn meet by chance but don't stand a chance against each other. When something is meant to be, it's meant to be. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. And we all have a purpose, we just don't know what that purpose is until we find it.
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
I love every JA Huss book I've read and The Pleasure of Panic is no exception. It is brilliantly written, great characters, and a unique plot. The story is captivating. A lot of the excitement is that I know Ms. Huss is going to take me down a path I don't expect. This book is quite a ride to the thrilling end--well actually the cliffhanger that makes me anxious for the next book.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes
RentasticReads
“...there’s no point to pleasure without a little panic.”

Reading The Pleasure of Panic was absolutely one heck of a thrill. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of the suspenseful mind games that J. A. Huss concocts and dishes out for us. Every single one of them never ceases to leave me speechless and dumbfounded—just like this one. The twists and turns, the anticipation of what will happen next and trying to figure out how certain things fit into the story certainly kept me on my toes from st
Wendy LeGrand
Shelves: arcs
This book was quite a trip! I kind of don't even know where to start this review. J.A. Huss is certainly a master at taking her readers on a journey where they are in a constant state of flux, not knowing what's really happening at any given moment. And that's exactly what happens to Issy Grey in this story. Her friend Chella talks her into meeting with Jordan Wells, the "game master" who takes a woman's deepest fantasy and creates a game to make it come true.

Issy Grey is a kickass heroine. Run
Melissa  Wright
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin..where to begin. Be prepared for a roller coaster ride full of crazy twists and turns. It takes you all over the damn place.

Lets start with Jordon. This sexy SOB thinks he is GOD. His games are outrageous. You will love to hate him. Cant wait for his story.

Issy is my damn hero. She is that empowering female we all strive to be and she can literally kick a$$. She is looking for something different and in the matter of two days her world is turned upside down.

Finn sexy Irish FBI age
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I don’t know what I just read. Maybe I didn’t read it and just dreamt everything that happened in this book. Maybe that’s why I’m still sitting here wondering wth did I just read?!?!

Jordan is one twisted motherfucker. Seriously. He is fucked up in the head. That’s even if he set this game up. He’s still twisted regardless but I love it!!

There’s this girl named Issy and this guy named Finn. Issy is strong, independent and a role model for every woman that needs guidance. Finn is bored. He’s comp
Kate Hastings
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intrigued from the get go, this read had all the tell-tale “hang on to your tits, this shit’s gonna flip you on your head later” plot weaving we’ve come to expect (and a few surprises too - Jayyysus, I love Smith.)
Loved the chemistry between Issy & Finn and a couple of times I was just as confused as they were as to which (if any??) strings Jordan was pulling.
While their “game” wasn’t as “mind-fucky” as Ix & Evie’s in Total Exposure, you still need to hang on for the ride and as for the
Lg
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, Well, Well, here I sit trying to wrap my head around the genius that is JA Huss. I am sure of this, after reading this story I felt that I had just rode a roller coaster with so many twists, turns, drops, spins and loops and then it comes to an abrupt stop and you have try and get off the ride and go holy F**CK can I go again!!!

Pleasure of Panic is one of the most unique things I have ever read. Jordan Wells continues to be the mastermind of all things games. He has the ability to turn th
Melanie Marnell
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

There are so many twists and turns in this books that it's hard to tell the players even with a scorecard. I was, at times, amused and at other times confused. But, at no time was I not entertained. I liked that Issy brought clarity into Finn's life maybe for the first time ever. I loved Issy's warrior woman persona and the fact she overcame so much.
Lindsay
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The twists and turns of this book are the best. Issy and Finn are in a game but is it the game they think? They have chemistry on every level. I loved this book.
Marie Jocke
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Classic Huss

Dude. I have so many feels right now so this might be a little rambling and messy. Issy...what a phenomenal character. Issy has all the potential to be Tragic but is truly a warrior. I might have to emulate some of her characteristics. Yes yes I realize she's fictional. But she's inspiring, ok? And Finn...he also has a past that could derail him. But he's strong enough to overcome as well. I found myself laughing at some parts of the book, but then it got real towards the end. My he
Ann
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3 STARS
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Series Review

I am the one who always has the answer. I am the game master. I am the one who controls all the pieces on the chessboard. I am the one who determines the winners and losers.

I've just finished the JA Huss's "Jordan’s Game" series and considering I wasn't particularly fussed about reading these books, I just want to shout from the roof tops how bloody brilliant every single story was. I was so reluctant to pick up the series because in my head The Turning series was done and dust
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Shelves: arc
Well, welcome back to JA Motherfuckin Huss and the way she likes to twist my mind and make me question everything that is going on!
The Pleasure of Panic brought 2 new characters into Jordan's game and I LOVED them. Especially Issy. She is a no frills, does not give a f*ck sort of woman that is tough as nails. She's a champion to women and is someone you want on your side. She knows what she wants and how she wants it. I means she has a business called Go F*ck Yourself, yeah?. Isn't this the type
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Jordan’s Game (4 books)
  • Total Exposure (Jordan’s Game, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Experience (Jordan’s Game, #3)
  • Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game, #4)