Start by marking “A Lady's Escape (Everton Domestic Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lady's Escape (Everton Domestic Society, #2)

A Lady's Escape

(Everton Domestic Society #2)

The perfect match may be closer than they imagine...

Despite her disastrous London debut, Millicent Edgebrook has proven skilled at securing matchesfor every young lady but herself. Resigned to spinsterhood, and eager to gain independence from her lovable but eccentric uncle, Millie joins the Everton Domestic Society. Her first assignment: find a bride for Preston Knowles,
Published October 2nd 2018 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about A Lady's Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lady's Escape

Start your review of A Lady's Escape (Everton Domestic Society, #2)
Barbara Rogers
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Series: Everton Domestic Society #2
Publication Date: 10/2/18

This was a wonderfully well-written, well-planned and well-executed book. While this is book two in the series, I have not read the first book and it did not detract from my enjoyment of this story. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the characters especially Millicent and Preston. You can really identify with where each of them is coming from and you can see why each loves the other.

Millicent Edgebrook was ruined during her first season and
N.N. Light
Millicent has the uncanny ability to find suitable husbands for her friends but cant seem to secure one herself. After a horrendous debut and no eligible suitors, shes okay with spinsterhood. She applies and is accepted as an Everton Lady. Her first assignment is finding a bride for the Duke of Middleton. Little does Millie realize, shes the one the Duke wants as his bride.

Preston is tired of searching and wooing an eligible match, only to have his proposals rejected. When he discovers his
Sissy's Romance Book Review
A Lady's Escape by A.S. Fenichel is book Two in the Everton Domestic Society Series. This is the story of Millicent 'Millie' Edgebrook and Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton. I have read the previous book, but feel this can be a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Millie didn't succeed at her coming out and actually had a disastrous time. Now working towards being independent has joined the Everton Domestic Society. Millie's first assignment is to find a wife for Preston which being a Duke
Janet
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Despite her disastrous London debut, Millicent Edgebrook has proven skilled at securing matchesfor every young lady but herself. Resigned to spinsterhood, and eager to gain independence from her lovable but eccentric uncle Francis, Millie joins the Everton Domestic Society. Her first assignment is to find a bride for Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton.
Preston has promised himself not to be ruined by love. After being rebuffed by two perfectly respectable candidates, hed rather remain happily
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: victorian
The Everton Domestic Society provides assistance to discerning employers seeking unusual solutions. The Everton Ladies are carefully selected for their abilities to solve the most tangled of problems. Finding a young, handsome, wealthy duke a wife? Honestly, it should be a simple assignment for skilled matchmaker Millicent Edgebrook. Having given up on ever finding a match for herself, Millie is sure she can help Preston, Duke of Middleton.

Of course, things dont go to plan. Prestons a discerning
Lori D
Just let me say upfront, I loved this story and also the first book in the series "A Lady's Honor" but each can be read as a standalone. Millicent Edgebrook is done with the marriage mart. Every time she gets to know a gentleman she finds he is perfect for one of her friends! Yes she seems to be a matchmaker but cannot find her own match! She decides to step out and be independent so she applies for a job at the Everton Domestic Society and is hired on the spot. Her first case is to find a bride ...more
Dmcl
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written book that will provide the reader with hours of reading pleasure and a great insight into the mores and taboos of society in this regency era. Its a wonder that romance could flourish at all in a time when to even address a member of the opposite sex by his or her first name could cause scandal, but flourish it did as witnessed by our heroine and hero Millicent and Preston. A beautifully written story that captures the climate and tone of regency England with all its snooty ...more
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Ladys Escape by A. S. Fenichel is a refreshing love story that will have you rooting for the romance in no time. This is the second book in the series and while you do not need to read the first one, I did just to get more of the background. In this one we meet Millicent Edgebrook. A lady who has become destined for spinsterhood by her inability to find love for herself. However, Millie is great at matchmaking and decides that she wants to join the Everton Domestic Society. Her first ...more
Elaine
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
For me, the best of the series so far. Loved it! 5☆
Kat
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though not the first book in this series, this lovely story stands alone. But like me, you will definitely want to go back and read what was missed previously. I found this to be a very sweet romance. However, do not confuse sweet with boring. The romance between Millicent and Preston began as a business arrangement, moved to friendship, erupted in passion and blossomed into love.

Millicent (not "Millie" to Preston) was an Everton Lady, hired by Preston's mother to help him find a bride after two
Sheryl Nantus
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Everton Domestic Society is as much fun as the first - and a definite page-turner!

Millicent Edgebrook is, in a way, all of us - the woman who helps set up her friends but can't find a husband for herself. But unlike all of us, she doesn't have the luxury of sitting back and relaxing - in British society she's getting past her prime at the ripe old age of 24! But Millicent is fine with the idea of being single - devoted to her uncle, an eccentric inventor, she takes a job
Alison
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lady's Escape
Everton Domestic Society #2
A.S. Fenichel
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Millicent Edgebrook is very good at securing matches. For everyone but herself. She has resigned herself to spinsterhood, and eager to gain independence from her Uncle, Millie decides to join the Everton Domestic Society. Her first assignment: find a bride for Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton. How difficult can it be?

Preston has promised himself he will not be ruined by love. He's feels he's rather practical especially since he's
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Millicent Edgebrook has resigned herself to being a spinster. She had a disastrous first season and has discovered an ability for matchmaking - by matching would-be suitors with her friends. All she wants is her independence from her kind but eccentric uncle. Millie seeks employment with the Everton Domestic Society. Her first assignment is to find a bride for Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton.

Preston was rebuffed by two perfectly respectable ladies. He has decided that he would prefer to
Marie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Millicent Edgebrook has great matchmaking skills , for her friends but not herself. She has been living with her uncle who loves her dearly but she feels that she needs more to do as it seems she will be a spinster. She is a new employee of the Everton Domestic Society. Due to her matchmaking skills, she is hired by the Dowager Duchess of Middleton to find a bride for her son,  Preston Knowles, the Duke of Middleton. Preston is attracted to Millicent and she to him, but her job is to find him a ...more
Amary Chapman
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As an orphan, Millie Edgebrook came to live with her uncle, Francis Edgebrook, known to be an inventor and a bit eccentric. That didn't bode well for her season...but she was also a bit eccentric in the fact she was no longer interested in matrimony.
She joined the Everton Domestic Society, hoping to save enough money to travel and do good, and ended up with the position of matchmaker for the Duke of Middleton.
Although the attraction was instantaneous, she strove to stay on point and find him
Mary L H
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Millicent Edgebrook has a knack for matchmaking and, through the Everton Domestic Society, is hired by the Dowager Duchess of Middleton to find a wife for her son. Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton, is a dutiful son who is willing to go along with his mother's request.

As they attend society events in the search for Preston's best match, he realizes his perfect match is the matchmaker. Millicent is also attracted to Preston but does not feel she would be the proper wife for a duke. Preston is
Lynn
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book!! Millie has taken a position with the Everton Domestic Society. Her first job is being hired by the Dowager Duchees of Middleton to find a suitable bride for her son, Preston, Duke of Middleton. Having been twice publicly humilitated in engagements, he agrees to go along with this plan. As they attend balls and picnics, to check out likely ladies for him to spend time with, Preston finds himself facinated with Millicent Edgebrook, his "Everton Lady", as he calls her. ...more
Kat Wiley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW What a terrific read!! A Lady's Escape by A.S Fenichel is book 2 Everton Domestic Society series. I am fairly new to A.S. Fenichels books but I am becoming a fast fan! Though in a series this book can be read as a standalone. This is a charming and wonderful read and her lovable characters are a true delight. Her description paint such a clear picture of what is happening that it gives you that true regency feel. This story has matchmaking, death, understanding, trust, being lower in ...more
Julia David
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Preston and Millicent are nothing like the usual characters. Preston is willing to marry Millicent even though she isn't near his social status. She has a problem with that, but he and his mother do not. Millicent is hired to find him a wife and that's what she will do even if it kills her to let him go to someone else. Preston liked Millicent from the beginning because she isn't like the usual miss, she is intelligent, witty and beautiful. She wants to travel, help ...more
Kim
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Wonderful Recency romance.

This is a well written, endearing story.
The characters are well developed and likable.
Beautifully described scenery and locations.
I truly enjoyed reading this book, and I will definitely be reading more of this series, and from this author.
I won a copy to read and write my honest review. Thank you Goodreads and A.S. Fenichel.
Patricia
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Duke who needs a wife who will be a proper Duchess, an un-Duchess like lady hired to help him find that wife, and an Uncle who keeps blowing up his lab - I really enjoyed this story. I received an arc of this book.
Robin
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, well-written book. Resigned to spinsterhood, Millicent joins the Everton Domestic Society and is assigned to find a match for Preston, a duke. Preston has been rejected by two fiancees and is not in a hurry to be matched with another. They try to resist the attraction they feel to each other. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books by this author.
AD
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was delighted to receive a copy of A Lady's Escape via a GoodReads giveaway. It's a sweet regency romance which is somewhat anachronistic. But that keeps the plot moving along. I look forward to reading more works in this series.
Louisa
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book, really enjoyed these characters, and I'm going to have to read the prequel series, as well, because there's some crossover characters, or at least mentions of them!
Lesley
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Love this story! Prestons mother asks for help in finding him a wife and the Everton society sends Millie. Turns out, the matchmaker is the one for him. Millie has an interesting past and wishes to travel the world and uses her job as a stepping stone.

I love the romance and the adventures of matchmaking with three potential prospects. This was a true page turner and I highly recommend it to all historical romance lovers.

Many thanks to the publisher for a review copy via NetGalley.
Brie McGirr Proofreading
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely reading the other Everton Domestic Society books now!
Bonnie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's the first time I've read one of A.S. Fenichel's books and I really enjoyed it. I love the story of Millie and Preston. Preston is a Duke who can't seem to find a wife and Millie has been hired to find one for him. Long story short Preston starts to fall in love with Millie but Millie does not feel she is worthy enough because her station is life is below his so she just keeps her emotions to herself and fights Preston's advance. All turns out OK and it is a great book! Enjoy!!
Nicole Collins
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New outlook

Helping someone find a spouse with interesting twists and turns. I love the strength of friendship and loyalty that this story showed. I could not put it down.
Nicole
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
This novel brings together two people who need to overcome their pasts to have the love they both deserve. Millicent Edgebrook wants to be Everton Domestic Society Lady. She has secured matches for her friends, but has not done so for herself. Her first assignment is to find a wife for Preston Knowles, Duke of Middleton, whom has had two rejected proposals. Who would not want to marry a duke? Preston is different from other men,
Rose Blue
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-OB

Preston Knowles is a wealthy, handsome duke so why would two young ladies turn down his marriage proposal? While the Duke of Middleton didnt love either of the two prospective duchesses, his pride definitely suffered, and hed be content to stay away from courting, if not for his mother. Determined to see her son wed, the widowed duchess contacts the Everton Domestic Society, and requests the services of a matchmaker, much to Prestons dismay.
« previous 1 3 next »

• More or Less a Temptress (The Somerset Sisters, #3)
  • First Earl I See Tonight (Debutante Diaries, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Duke (The Cavensham Heiresses #4)
  • More or Less a Countess (The Somerset Sisters, #2)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)
  • The Duke I Once Knew (Unlikely Duchesses, #1)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • Kiss Me at Christmas (Playful Brides, #10)
  • Hell's Belle (Devilish Debutantes Book 3)
  • Magnate (The Knickerbocker Club, #1)
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London #2)
  • Lord of Vice (Rogues to Riches, #6)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • The Wayward Bride (Besotted Scots, #1)
  • The Marquess and the Maiden (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • The Lady Plays Her Ace (The Langley Sisters, #4)
A.S. Fenichel (Andie) gave up a successful IT career in New York City to pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She's never looked back.

Andrea adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a

Everton Domestic Society (4 books)
  • A Lady's Honor (Everton Domestic Society, #1)
  • A Lady's Virtue (Everton Domestic Society, #3)
  • A Lady's Past (Everton Domestic Society, #4)