Start by marking “Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #0.5)

Across the Floors of Silent Seas

(Till Human Voices Wake Us 0.5)

Do mermaids believe in humans?

While working on a deep-sea diving assignment at the University of California, oceanography student Jay Bishop is dragged into a volcanic tube towards the earth's core and certain death.

But much to his surprise, Jay not only survives the fall, he finds himself taken prisoner by a community of mermaids and kept alive as a science experiment. C
Published January 31st 2018 by C. S. Johnson

To ask other readers questions about Across the Floors of Silent Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Floors of Silent Seas

Kara
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great prequel! Jay and Noelani have such great banter as he's working in the ocean, made me love them both immediately. Also loved that Orca whale that helps Jay. Mermaids exist, but they believe humans are legend? What a twist! Go Paga for all his help and faith in this short story :)

I kept thinking as Jay makes his escape, GRAB some proof from Paga before going home! However, it's the perfect setup for Book 1, which I'm greatly looking forward to reading. Read this in one sitting,
C.O. Bonham
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floor of Silent Seas by C.S. Johnson is a short novella that posits a very interesting question: do Mermaids believe in humans? And if they don't, what would happen if they found one?

This is a very entertaining read, very action filled opening followed by a philosophical middle, with a thrill ride of an ending. An hour well spent.

Even though this novella stands well on its own I am very excited to see that it is actually a prequel to a forthcoming novel titled, Till Human Voices Wake
Pat
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I find this idea of mermaids that don't believe humans interesting. I love Ms Johnson's writing skills. She thinks in so many different realms & every story is different. I can't get enough of her writing. I encourage you to read this book. I'm anxious for the next book in this series.
Ashley
Mermaids are real, but believe humans are a myth? What an absolutely intriguing premise that turned out to be quite the thought-provoking read. I loved it! If you're looking for a quick read, pick this one up. It won't disappoint.
Richard Goodrum
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing story. A human accidentally invades a place of merfolk. Like the stories of extraterrestrials coming to Earth, some of the merfolk treat him as a science experiment. But one extends hope. Worthwhile reading. I hope that you enjoy it also.

Borrowed via Kindle Unlimited on 22 March 2019. This is my honest review.
Heather Hayden
This was an interesting short story that hints at the conflict to come when humanity learns of the existence of mermaids. It is meant to be a prequel short story, and it serves it purpose well. It also has enough closure to stand on its own as a story about a brother trying to get home to his family.
C.S. Johnson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my latest novella, which is a prequel to "Till Human Voices Wake Us," a science fantasy adventure where mermaids and scientists collide, and it is awesome and awful and awfully funny.

Here's the blurb:

Do mermaids believe in humans?

But much to his surprise, Jay not only survives the fall, he finds himself
Christina Morley
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floors of Silent Seas is a unique story about mermaids who don't believe that humans exist. Jay is a human who, after a diving accident, ends up rescued by mermaids. Even though they keep him for observation and run many tests, they don't believe his claims of coming from the world above. None of them do, except for one counsel member named Paga. This novella has an element of thriller/horror and it's also an allegory.

Posted on Amanda's Books and More
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very fast listen at only an hour and a half. The Author sucked you in, left you wanting more. Which is the whole job of a prequel short story. To tease you, to give you a taste to see if you would enjoy the main series. Paga’s sister, geez, that lady got issues. Or should I say mermaid?

The sound effects were a nice touch.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy from the Author. Does not affect my review)
Katie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sped thru this book, as it kept me reading from beginning to end! A very entertaining book that kept me enthralled, questioning, and spellbound. If you haven't read any of the other CS Johnson books, you have been missing out - never fails to keep me reading to the end! Love all the books and love sharing them with others too.
Maurice Jones
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found it to be the beginning of a beautiful story! liked the characters,plot line..It just left me wanting more,and If I know this author,It's coming!!
Janeen Ippolito
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short, effective, intriguing short story that manages to includes bits of philosophical argument. I look forward to reading more from this world!
Malissa
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great short story

Her descriptions are beautifully done and the sense of awe, fear, and a coming of faith are well done. Always a wonderful author to read.
Barbara
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not for the littlest ones, but this is a family-friendly, deep undersea adventure that can be read in several hours or stretched over several evenings.
Marlene
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What if merpeople are real? What if they think humans are a myth? Loved that premiss in this book. Looking forward to reading more books in this series as they come out.
Rachael
Apr 29, 2018
Brianna
Jan 12, 2019
C.S. Johnson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
C.M.
Patty Mele
Jun 20, 2019
Darla Abney
Oct 13, 2018
C. S. Johnson is the award-winning, genre-hopping author of several novels, including young adult sci-fi and fantasy adventures such as the Starlight Chronicles series, the Once Upon a Princess saga, and the Divine Space Pirates trilogy. With a gift for sarcasm and an apologetic heart, she currently lives in Atlanta with her family. Find out more at http://www.csjohnson.me.

Till Human Voices Wake Us (1 books)
  • Till Human Voices Wake Us