Start by marking “Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #1)

Across the Floors of Silent Seas

(Till Human Voices Wake Us 0.5)

Do mermaids believe in humans?

While working on a deep-sea diving assignment at the University of California, oceanography student Jay Bishop is dragged into a volcanic tube towards the earth's core and certain death.

But much to his surprise, Jay not only survives the fall, he finds himself taken prisoner by a community of mermaids and kept alive as a science

Published January 31st 2018 by C. S. Johnson

To ask other readers questions about Across the Floors of Silent Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Floors of Silent Seas

Start your review of Across the Floors of Silent Seas (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #1)
Jackie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a short but intriguing story. Jay is n oceanographer student. When he has an accident he’s saved by mermaids to keep as an experiment. An intriguing book.
Kara
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a great prequel! Jay and Noelani have such great banter as he's working in the ocean, made me love them both immediately. Also loved that Orca whale that helps Jay. Mermaids exist, but they believe humans are legend? What a twist! Go Paga for all his help and faith in this short story :)

I kept thinking as Jay makes his escape, GRAB some proof from Paga before going home! However, it's the perfect setup for Book 1, which I'm greatly looking forward to reading. Read this in one sitting,
Dee/ bookworm
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very exciting prequel!! Lots of mystery and suspense. Can't wait to read the next one!

I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Scarolet Ellis
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floors of Silent Seas: A Short Story (Till Human Voices Wake Us Book 1) by C. S. Johnson was a amazing story I could not put down. This is book number one in this amazing start of a series I could not put down. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about mermaides.

I was given a copy of this book and this is my honest review
Catherine Haynes
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floors of Silent Seas
by C.S. Johnson

Across the Floors of Silent Seas is an amazing story, the start to a new series. An intriguing premise; which hints at a conflict, and is filled with action, mystery, suspense and fantasy, a thrilling ride to the end. A quite thought-provoking story voiced from the observation of research lab subject and another intellectual species; which neither believe that the other exists.

I adored the chemistry between the characters, the easy repartee they
Jessica Bronder
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jay Bishop is an oceanographer that is studying the sea floor when he is sucked into a volcanic tube to the center of the earth. There he is rescued by mermaids to keep him to runs tests on him. To them humans are myths and legends. Jay just wants to go home but it looks like his fate is sealed except for an elder called Paga.

Paga believes that Jay is the fulfillment of a prophecy. Jay is trying to get Paga to help him but then again he is afraid of what awaits him on the surface. Are humans
C.O. Bonham
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floor of Silent Seas by C.S. Johnson is a short novella that posits a very interesting question: do Mermaids believe in humans? And if they don't, what would happen if they found one?

This is a very entertaining read, very action filled opening followed by a philosophical middle, with a thrill ride of an ending. An hour well spent.

Even though this novella stands well on its own I am very excited to see that it is actually a prequel to a forthcoming novel titled, Till Human Voices Wake
Melancholic
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
As far as my experience goes for prequels, this one was a really entertaining and beautiful one. It describes how deep the relation between Lani and Jay is. Not only that, but it actually raises a question for the fact that there might be some other intelligent species other than humans which believe that we don't exist (well, discovering something like that would be really exciting if nothing else). I really liked the whole concept on which the storyline is based and I'm eager to read the first ...more
Pat
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I find this idea of mermaids that don't believe humans interesting. I love Ms Johnson's writing skills. She thinks in so many different realms & every story is different. I can't get enough of her writing. I encourage you to read this book. I'm anxious for the next book in this series.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
WOW. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series! This is an absolutely brilliant story and mermaids are nothing like what I've read in the past. Love it!
Lorel Kline
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are mermaids real

Enjoyed this beginning of the Till Humans Voices Wake Us series. Jay finds himself in a new kingdom deep in the ocean where the mermaids and mermen live who do not believe in humans. They want to use him as a test subject. Will he escape and make it home or not? Read this delightful story to find out.
Dorothy  Scott
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jay is exploring under the sea and communicating with his sister when the unthinkable happens. He falls to a world where he is just a myth, an experiment. Across The Floors Of Silent Seas is an excellent short story that intrigued me.

Debby
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love itttttttttttt! It's amazing! I fall in love with them immediately! Can't wait to read the next book! ...more
Ashley
Mermaids are real, but believe humans are a myth? What an absolutely intriguing premise that turned out to be quite the thought-provoking read. I loved it! If you're looking for a quick read, pick this one up. It won't disappoint.
Richard Goodrum
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing story. A human accidentally invades a place of merfolk. Like the stories of extraterrestrials coming to Earth, some of the merfolk treat him as a science experiment. But one extends hope. Worthwhile reading. I hope that you enjoy it also.

Borrowed via Kindle Unlimited on 22 March 2019. This is my honest review.
Candence Mars
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and I’m waiting to see if there might be another one as it was too short. I really looked forward to reading more about the mermaid’s in this story but it just didn’t happen. But in all it was a really good book
Rebecca
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A thought-provoking short story told from the perspective of research lab subject who is human and being analyzed by merpeople who do not believe in the existence of humans.
It was my pleasure to receive this free ebook from the author and give my honest review.
Rebecca Brice
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first taste of this novella and can't wait to read the next story.

I enjoyed the chemistry between the characters, especially Jay and his sister Noelani and the easy banter they share. It will be interesting to see how the story develops between the mermaids and the humans, and it was good for a change having the question Are humans real?

Well done for a great novella, you have grabbed my interest
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very fast listen at only an hour and a half. The Author sucked you in, left you wanting more. Which is the whole job of a prequel short story. To tease you, to give you a taste to see if you would enjoy the main series. Paga’s sister, geez, that lady got issues. Or should I say mermaid?

The sound effects were a nice touch.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy from the Author. Does not affect my review)
Christina Morley
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Across the Floors of Silent Seas is a unique story about mermaids who don't believe that humans exist. Jay is a human who, after a diving accident, ends up rescued by mermaids. Even though they keep him for observation and run many tests, they don't believe his claims of coming from the world above. None of them do, except for one counsel member named Paga. This novella has an element of thriller/horror and it's also an allegory.

Posted on Amanda's Books and More
Heather Hayden
This was an interesting short story that hints at the conflict to come when humanity learns of the existence of mermaids. It is meant to be a prequel short story, and it serves it purpose well. It also has enough closure to stand on its own as a story about a brother trying to get home to his family.
Katie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sped thru this book, as it kept me reading from beginning to end! A very entertaining book that kept me enthralled, questioning, and spellbound. If you haven't read any of the other CS Johnson books, you have been missing out - never fails to keep me reading to the end! Love all the books and love sharing them with others too.
Janeen Ippolito
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short, effective, intriguing short story that manages to includes bits of philosophical argument. I look forward to reading more from this world!
Maurice Jones
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found it to be the beginning of a beautiful story! liked the characters,plot line..It just left me wanting more,and If I know this author,It's coming!!
Barbara
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not for the littlest ones, but this is a family-friendly, deep undersea adventure that can be read in several hours or stretched over several evenings.
Malissa
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great short story

Her descriptions are beautifully done and the sense of awe, fear, and a coming of faith are well done. Always a wonderful author to read.
C.S. Johnson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my latest novella, which is a prequel to "Till Human Voices Wake Us," a science fantasy adventure where mermaids and scientists collide, and it is awesome and awful and awfully funny.

Here's the blurb:

Do mermaids believe in humans?

But much to his surprise, Jay not only survives the fall, he finds himself
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Underwater adventure where science collides with fantasy. What if mermaids were real and living hidden in ocean. That us exactly what Jay Bishop faces in this underwater adventure.
Laurie Jacobson
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Highly recommended. Look forward for next book from you soon. No spoilers.

Marlene
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What if merpeople are real? What if they think humans are a myth? Loved that premiss in this book. Looking forward to reading more books in this series as they come out.

• Reign (Skulls Renegade MC, #1)
  • Cobra (Reapers MC #8)
  • Letting Go This Christmas
  • Glimpses of The Evil
  • Alex Vega and the Oracle of the Mayans (Alex Vega Series Book 1)
  • Saint Nicholas
  • Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
  • Patient 3
  • Grid Down (EMP Survival in a Powerless World- Series Book 7)
  • Frosted Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries Book 5)
  • The Seduction Expert
  • Alpha Wolf Defender (Mountain Wolf Protectors, #0.5)
  • Longing to Hold (Hard to Love #0.5)
  • Hornwolf (Redline Book 3)
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)
  • Blackson's Revenge: The Poltergeist Files - Book I
  • Cody: Shifters of Iron Storm Bayou (Mate Marked Book 9)
C. S. Johnson is the award-winning, genre-hopping author of several novels, including young adult sci-fi and fantasy adventures such as the Starlight Chronicles series, the Once Upon a Princess saga, and the Divine Space Pirates trilogy. With a gift for sarcasm and an apologetic heart, she currently lives in Atlanta with her family. Find out more at http://www.csjohnson.me.

Till Human Voices Wake Us (2 books)
  • Till Human Voices Wake Us (Till Human Voices Wake Us, #2)