Start by marking “1794: Charlotte (The Legend of Nimway Hall #2)” as Want to Read:
1794: Charlotte (The Legend of Nimway Hall #2)

1794: Charlotte

(The Legend of Nimway Hall #2)

New York Times bestselling author Karen Hawkins writes a ravishing addition to an exciting series of romances touched by magic as old as time.

A properly raised young lady rebels against the restrictions of both society and family when she meets a dark, dangerous, and wildly passionate man as they both fight to resist their forbidden love ... and the seductive pull of an a
Published March 22nd 2018 by NYLA

To ask other readers questions about 1794, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1794

Paraphrodite
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3 stars.

A short story about another Guardian of Nimway Hall, the timeline is a couple of generations behind the first book. Has some of the same magical elements as the first book but not really much of a mystery.

Found a few editing errors but overall, it's an easy read but not one of Ms Hawkins' better works.
Elaine
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! 5☆
Lynn Smith
I preferred this 2nd novel in the series to the first. However this too could have been a bit shorter in its length.
Melissa McHugh
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It was good -- I just wished it had been longer, more fleshed out if that makes sense.
Glittergirl
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story. I love all of Karen's stories but especially the ones with a touch of magic in them. This one it's built in being the Legend is about Merlin and Nimway, the Lady of the Lake.

Charlotte is so lost in spirit. Her twin, Caroline has died in a terrible accident. Suddenly she's cast as heir to being Guardian of Nimway Hall, so now she has to be the proper English Lady that her sister always was. Charlotte was always the rebellious, impulsive, rule breaker. In order to ease he
Eileen
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed 1794 - Charlotte by Karen Hawkins, one of the books in The Legend of Nimway Hall series, written by a variety of romance authors. Charlotte Harrington has been struggled with who she really was since the death of her twin sister. She was no longer the wild, adventurous, brave, and curious but had become sedate, proper, and dependable like the sister she lost. She even became engaged to a friend of her brother, as that is what she thinks her sister would have wanted, not what sh ...more
Stefanie Harten
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Karen Hawkins has done it again. She has given us another mesmerizing and fabulous read. It is part of the Legend of Nimway Hall series. It starts out with grief and a mystery. Miss Charlotte Harrington and her family are trying to recover from the sudden death of her twin sister. As a result, Charlotte is thrust into being the new heir and next Guardian of Nimway Hall and has changed her outlook on life. She is trying to be the dutiful daughter, sister and Guardian. Her mother has commissioned
Patricia Morgan
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Norway Hall continues - Charlotte

Charlotte has lost her twin sister in death and at the same time has lost herself. A girl who was known for her outrageousness, has become sullen and quiet. Doing everything that is expected of her, including marrying her childhood friend, Robert.
Marco is a sculptor, coming to Nimway Hall to sculpt a new marble fireplace mantle for the dining room. Of course he gets lost in the forest ,where he literally runs into Charlotte and is thrown from his horse. Charlott
Rosemarie Grainer
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story, but a little harder for me to get into

I liked this story, but for some reason I was a little apart from it, which is not usual for me. I would give it 4 1/2 stars if I could. Marco and Charlotte are great characters. I loved how Marco kept trying to do the "right thing" as he saw it. Charlotte is starting to deal with the tragic and mysterious death of her twin sister. Because of this, she lost herself for a bit.

I liked a lot of things in this story: the relaxed pace, lovely charact
Tiffany Dauzat
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Harrington is dealing with the loss of her twin sister when her aunt comes to chaperone her in her parent’s absence. It seems the entire household is walking on eggshells after the recent accident that took Caroline’s life and the mystery of it.

Marco di Rossi is a semi-famous Italian sculpture who has been commissioned to create a masterpiece for Nimway Hall’s formal dining room. His masterpiece is just the thing he needs to impress the Queen and this make him incredibly famous for h
Barb
Marco and Charlotte

I love the magical link between Balesboro woods and residents of Nimway Hall.

Marco was hired to design a marble fireplace in Nimway Hall. On his way to the estate the woods snared him like other men through the centuries.

Charlotte was dealing with her twin sister death. She decided she needed to be more like her sister. To make her parents happy she became engaged to her childhood friend and giving up her careless life. Until she meet Marco in the woods.

Charlotte realized s
C.A.
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
It will be interesting to see how this series works out, as there are a number of different authors writing each volume.

This particular story was quite good, although I do wonder about something a bit strange in chapter 9 more towards the latter part of the chapter.

The author wrote That the main male character, Marco's thoughts on the dishevelled appearance of the main female character, Charlotte, as "She looked like a fluffed Kitchen" .

I am not sure that there is such a thing as a "Fluffed K
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Legend of Nimway Hall: 1794 - Charlotte is part of a series written by different authors but is also a stand alone story. All of the stories revolve around a magic orb that holds the love of Merlin and Nimue and assists the direct decendants find their own true love. This is a story of being your true self and not trying to fit the mold that you believe other people want you to be. Along with love, this story contains a lot of laughs and a little sadness. Charlotte and Marco are strong, amaz ...more
Lise Nanette
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wild and Wonderful!

As I had stated in my review of the first of the Legend of Nimway stories, I have been very excited to read the compilation of these legends. The fact that they are written by some of my favorite authors increased my anticipation no little amount. Karen Hawkins added new flavors to this intriguing dish of magic and romance, and I find myself savoring the Italian spice and comforting English tea that this installment brought. Nimway Hall, what a great place to visit!!
Charlene Burnett
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner by Ms. Hawkins. She has you hooked from the first meeting of Charlotte and Marco. I loved the magic aspect, I would have liked to see a little more, but it did not detract from the story. This is the 2nd book of the series, but I don't feel it is necessary to read them in order especially since there are others in the series that fall before these in the time line that are not yet published.
If you are a fan of Karen's books you will not be disappointed. If you have never read one
Virginia Brown
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte: Nimway Hall

It was beautiful, a small round clearing in the middle of gentle, swaying trees. The bright moon sparkled on a small silvered pool filled with swaying cattails.

As always, Karen Hawkins has created a world with her words that makes me as a reader feel as if I am a part of her story. In Charlotte: Nimway Hall; we observe as Charlotte enjoys the forest around Nimway Hall. Meanwhile, Marco, a sculpture is headed to the hall to create a fire place mantel.

Magic naturally happens
Iza Soares
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating 7 of 7

And that kids is why Karen Hawkins is now on my endless list of historical romance authors that I wanna read

It was my first Karen Hawkins book and I must say that I'm not disappointed at all - oh well, I would be happier if it was longer but it's ok I know one can't have everything

On a side note, in the first chapter, when Lady Verity said it wasn't a murder I immediately thought it was definitely a murder and know I'm pretty disappointed with myself, but at least i figured out the
Penny
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second in the series, so definitely read the first one beforehand. Loved this book. Fun and quirky and characters you immediately love. I already want more of Lady Barton. She is begging for her own tale. The book was shorter than I would have liked, and those loveable characters not as fleshed out as they could have been. A lovely hour with a cup of coffee. Worth the price tag!
Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Pj Wright
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A second keeper of Nimway Hall

This second book will stand alone in the series, but does a great job of deepening the romance of the thick woods near the hall. I was intrigued by the hero and championing Charlotte as she found her place in the caretaking ladies born to Monday Hall.
Ginny
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magic is in the air at Nimway Hall. I loved this book, and can’t wait to read the rest of this series. This is Charlotte ‘s story. A strong willed, bold young woman, mourning the sudden death of her twin sister, trying to be who she is not. She finds true love unexpectedly, and rediscovers her true self.
Ronda Blanke Geiger
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Legend of Nimway Hall - Charlotte

Wonderful story of forbidden love. Marco and Charlotte and a perfect match. There were typos in the story that made it difficult to read at points in the book. But the overall read is very good.
Kitty Mccaffrey
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely romance in Nimway Hall

Very nice love story. Charlotte and Marco started with a heated kiss as strangers that bloomed to a lasting love.
Vehrell Davis
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read!

Never read anything by this author before. I was pleasantly surprised. I just needed a tad more romantic meetings between them.
Libbi
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, finished
A little slow but enjoyable
Neil C.
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Great characters and a wonderful story line. It held my attention from start to finish. I very highly recommend it.
Barbara
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too much, too soon. And Oh, puh-leez, that book description is ridiculous. Sadly, absolutely no substance.
Maggie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
This series isn't all that great, tbh.
Theresa Hurley
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! Great story!
Danielle
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
:) I liked it! I can’t wait to read the next one in the series.
Laura Moylan
Sep 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• 1818: Isabel (The Legend of Nimway Hall #3)
  • 1750: Jacqueline (The Legend of Nimway Hall, #1)
  • Midsummer Delights: A Short Story Collection
  • The Rise and Fall of Reginald Everheart (The Lady Travelers Society, #1.5)
  • A Singular Lady
  • A Bachelor Still (Free Fellows League, #5)
  • You Again (Shelter Bay, #6.6)
  • One Last Weekend
  • Hatfield and McCoy
  • What Happens on the Ranch (The McCord Brothers, #0.5)
  • Hawk's Pursuit (Hawk Crest, #3)
  • Persecuted (Witch Hunt #2)
  • Snowfire
  • Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (Half Moon House #1.7)
  • Hold Me Down (Carolina Girls, #1)
  • Ghost
  • Maiden of Inverness (Border, #4)
  • A Regency Holiday
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Karen Hawkins is known for her wonderfully humorous and emotion-tugging historical and contemporary romances. The author of over 30 novels, Karen writes for a living between shopping for shoes, playing around on Facebook and Pinterest, looking for fun items for Hawkins Manor, and napping, although usually not at the same time. Sometimes, for fun, sh ...more

The Legend of Nimway Hall (5 books)
  • 1750: Jacqueline (The Legend of Nimway Hall, #1)
  • 1818: Isabel (The Legend of Nimway Hall #3)
  • 1940: Josie (The Legend of Nimway Hall #4)
  • 1940: Josie & Gideon's Christmas Wedding (The Legend of Nimway Hall #5)