Start by marking “Sparrow (Own The Skies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sparrow (Own The Skies, #1)

Sparrow

(Own The Skies #1)

It’s been fourteen years since Grayson left, clasping a sparrow pendant around Amelia's neck as a symbol of protection.

It didn’t work.

Since then, she’s moved across the country, buried her father, fallen in love with a dangerous man, lived in fear, and endured immeasurable pain.

Even still, that golden sparrow never left her neck. It was her talisman, her anchor, her light.
Published August 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sparrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sparrow

Start your review of Sparrow (Own The Skies, #1)
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The prologue had me hooked. I got a little emotional reading the prologue and knew I was in for an emotional roller coaster of a read. Amelia (Mills) moved away when she was sixteen and Grayson joined the military. Even though they were apart they still thought of each. I kind of excepted them to reunited sooner in the story but they go through so much stuff first. They have ups and down in life. I was so routing for them to be happy. I was so hooked on this one and was really upset that at 88% ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:
4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“A sparrow. They symbolize vigilance and hard work. It can guide you to a happy and full life. It’s a symbol of protection. Even if we never see each other again, I’ll always be there…” he reaches down to touch the necklace, “over your heart.”

“A dark secret, huh?” She laughs. “I hate chocolate.” “Excuse me? That’s downright blasphemous… I need to speak with your boss. I can’t have a nurse who doesn’t like chocolate. You’re clearly unhinged and not trustworthy,” I s
Becca Whaley
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gray and Mills were perfection... I love the deep down “southern roots” in this book. I love the connection between them and how even after all their years apart they still longed for each other, no matter what they went through . And boy did they both go through crap to get to where they wanted to be . It was full of southern charm, love, and so much more ....
Lynn
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful debut book by Emma Nichole. Sparrow is a second chance romance that keeps readers turning the pages.
Amelia and Grayson have a past when they are teenagers. He goes into the army- she’s off to college. They lead separate lives for 10 years before they reconnect. Amelia in the process of getting a divorce, Grayson is raising his daughter. When they finally reconnect- it s real. The pain from both their pasts are affecting them now.
There is romance, banter, passion, caring, angst,
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Angie McGuire
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a great book! I love second chances, but this one is slightly different due to the fact no volatile break occurred... It was destined to happen due to circumstances and age, but what they always say..."if it's meant to be it will be". Which is exactly the case with Gray and Amelia.

They lived their lives, many years pass... With love lost on both ends, and new lives becoming the norm. They see each other again by chance, and it was like they never missed a beat. I voluntarily reviewed this
Jacquie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 You've GOTTA Read This Stars!!!

I simply CANNOT believe Sparrow is Emma Nichole's debut!!! It truly is a REMARKABLE read, full of ALLLLL the things I love about a second chance romance with a few twists and turns that made me love it even more!!! This beautiful, captivating love story is the perfect blend of angst, sexy banter and even though it's a novella, the story is so well written, it FEELS like a novel!

I am soooooo looking forward to the next offering from this author who is SURE to be o
Karen Hrdlicka
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This debut book by Emma Nichole grabbed me from page one. I'm a sucker for young love torn apart by circumstances, and second chances for that love to reignite. Ms. Nichole's characters are likable and realistic, her pacing for the story is spot on, and her banter is sexy and seductive. Add in a nasty ex and a darling four year old and you have the makings of an amazing story.
Amelia and Gray were separated by fate as teens, but their love set the bar extremely high for any one else who tried to
J.M. Kelley
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sparrow is a sexy, second-chance romance and this story was right up my alley. I was hooked from the prologue and totally blown away by the end. I could not put it down and I'm totally in love with Grayson! **claiming him** This debut book by Emma Nichole is well written and has every component to make for a great romance. Emma's enthusiasm for her characters drew me in from the start. Amelia and Grayson are realistic and loveable and the author did a great job with the dialogue and tension betw ...more
BBNT Book Blog
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, books-read-2018
Sparrow, the debut novel by Emma Nichole, is one of the rare few books that doesn't stand out as an obvious first book to me when I read it.

The characters, the emotional feels, the progression, all of it works and flows seamlessly together to make a story that will have you LOVING everything about it. Literally everything. You won't be able to help but adore the two main characters, Grayson and Amelia, as well as their friends and family that are included.

Grayson is a strong, sweet Southern gen
A Book Obsessed Brit
Sparrow is a beautiful second chance romance by Emma Nichole and a great debut novel. The first few chapters are spaced out over several years; but give you enough detail and emotional connectivity that you are immediately sucked into the worlds of Grayson (Gray) and Amelia (Mills).

The story introduces us to Gray and Mills as high school sweethearts on the day they are letting each other go - Amelia is moving across the country and Grayson is joining the Marines. The next few chapters show us s
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This book is part of the Meet Me in Savannah series. It is also the debut work by this author. It's a short read but turns into an epic tale of true love. Amelia and Gray part ways as teens, very much in love but very aware of their circumstances. Time goes on for both of them.

The author takes us on the journey of each of their lives, apart and unaware of each other except for memories and the sparrow necklace Amelia wears.

When Savannah finally calls both of them home, their happened meeting s
Karlyn Weldon
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with Gray and Mills just by reading the prologue. The chemistry between them sucked me in from the very first page. They fell in love as teenagers but life forced them onto different paths in different directions. During their time apart, both of their lives changed drastically. Years later, their paths cross again. They both realize instantly that the feelings that they once had for each other never changed. They have obstacles that must overcome on their way to happil ...more
Kasey McCarthy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amelia and Grayson were two young people in love. Everything changed with Amelia had to move and Grayson joined the Marines. What will happen? Can they ever find their way back to each other? Will they be the same if they meet again? A second chance romance you won’t want to put down.
Casey Thornton
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Fell in love with Mills and Gray and couldn’t put the book down!
Rachel H
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blew me a way

This book was phenomenal. It is a quick read, but every word has you hooked ! I hope to see more from these characters in the future.
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A second chance novel that almost doesn't get a chance to happen.
Amelia and Grayson meet as young lovers, before their future paths diverge.
It is more than a decade before they will meet again.

Grayson joined the military and was the victim of an IED. He was the soul survivor, along with the scars and guilt. When he hooks up with one of his physical therapists, life seem to be going better. Their happily ever after is not to be.

Amelia starts by following her dreams after high school. She goes on
Heather Navarre
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing new author. Sparrow is amazing. I could not put it down. It was a novel that spans time and begins will Mills (Amelia) and Gray saying goodbye as Gray goes off into the Military and Mills moves to California.

After many years Gray has been through many tours and meets Laura. Together they have Cadence. Mills meets Jaxon and unfortunately has a bad marriage.

Amelia manages to get away from Jaxon and with a little fate Gray and Mills meet again.

It is instant heat again. There are of
hugsandcookies
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sparrow is one of those reads that’s a random buy and you don’t realise at how good it actually is.

It’s a story about second chances but with a sweet and hot sexy storyline that the main characters Amelia and Grayson were so easy to adore. Each page flick, I needed to know about their past and what their future holds but what comes from it is drama and the crazies but it doesn’t disappoint.
Kathy Wideman
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Emma’s debut book. I loved it. This book is a second chance romance however it is slightly different from other ones. In this one there is no horrible thing that tears them away from each other. Just life. He goes off to the marines and she moves with her father. This book takes places over about ten years. They both remember the one that got away but they live their lives. They both have other relationships with other people but find their way back to each other. Amelia’s life in partic ...more
Leslee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amelia and Grayson were so in love once upon a time. Too bad Fate stepped in and separated them for fourteen years. Now she is back in Savannah to start over and Grayson shows up on her doorstep to install her security system. Now that they have this chance, neither of them want to waste a moment. Happiness is within their grasp and then Fate steps in again. Will they finally get their happily ever after?

I didn't want to give too many details as I just want everyone to get this book and devour i
A little birdie told me...
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story of a second chance on love with a bit of angst and mess to keep it interesting. It's a quick, easy, perfect little end-of-summer read.
Natasha
4.5 STARS...

What an amazing book for this debut author. Truly heartache and healing as these two find each other again after years apart. Greyson years ago left Amelia for the military as she moves to another state with hopes to see each other again. Each one goes through extreme heartache over the years.
Amelia finally has the courage to leave and move back to Savannah to find herself, but she finds more. She finds the love of her life, Grey. Grey has been dealt some hard blow, but now he sees A
Brooke Prihoda
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was told from my favorite POV and I love a good 2nd chance at romance. I loved the significance of what "sparrow" is and what it means. I had quite the roller coaster of emotions while reading. I laughed and cried and everything in between. I liked the struggles Mills and Grayson went through to grow as individuals even though they weren't easy. I was surprised it took them that long to get back together, but I was happy to see their "young love" never went away. E ...more
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my aching heart....

Emma Nichole, girl you sure know how to pull a girls heart in a million different directions. I 100% fell in love with Gray and Mills (a.k.a. Grayson and Amelia). Sparrow is a quick read but leaves you wanting for nothing. The story is about love, strength and the obstacles that one sometimes has to go through to get back to where they truly belong. A true love story about second chances.

Where to even start...Grayson and Amelia parted ways when both were young. Neither wan
Jenna Cole
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
Sparrow grabbed my heart from the first very page and never let go. Emma Nichole's words are beautiful, and her story will take you on an emotional second chance journey that's impossible to put down.

Grayson will make your heart swoon! He is oh so sexy, and perfect in every way. What is it about single dads? They are just so incredibly HOT, and Grayson is no exception. He's going to make your heart melt!

Amelia is the type of heroine you want to root for! She is witty and kind, and her love f
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This author certainly knows how to capture her readers. I can’t believe this is a debut novel.

The story is told over quite a few tears which I really liked.
Amelia (Mills) and Grayson shared a young love. Grayson joins the military and Mills moves away. Each of them gets on with their own lives. Fate has a plan for them which brings them back to Savannah, back to each other.

I had a massive smile on my face when I finished this story. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Laid-back Book Bitches
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I still cannot believe that this is this authors debut novel! Just wow! I loved this book so much, I am a sucker for young love torn apart by circumstances, and second chances. I loved the banter between these two, it was sexy and seductive. I loved Amelia and Grayson story! Even years apart they still thought of each other. You know its gonna be a emotional great read , when you are super emotional reading the prologue. These two have their ups and downs, but what couple doesn't? I was pull ...more
Jessica Edwards
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grayson and Amelia’s story was absolutely perfect! I don’t know how anybody could go that long and end up right back where they belong. They both had a separate, rough, long journey to get back to one another but they did it!
Whennie
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sparrow made their promises come true.

Sparrow is light story that you eventually like for the very first chapter you read it. It's very easy to along with. There may be some character who did bad for the main character but it is on the story. I love it, I love how I am easy with this book, it's not heavy that you think you don't want to finish it. Recommended! ❤❤❤
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romance Retreat: Single Dad/Second Chance 1 31 Oct 21, 2018 05:38PM

• Swerve
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • Fixed (Flawed Love, #2)
  • Turn To Stone (The Stone Series #1)
  • Score (Flawed Love, #1)
  • Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5)
  • Safeguard
  • Her Snowbound Hero (Tennessee Tulanes #1)
  • Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #3)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • I'm Yours
  • Almost Never
  • Colton's Salvation: A Demented Sons MC Novel
  • Be My Babies (About the Baby #3)
  • Love on a Spring Morning (Pine Harbour, #3)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Aaron (Hathaway House, #1)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
After years of living vicariously through so many characters and stories created by others, Emma Nichole has taken the plunge herself.

A southern girl born, raised, and still residing in Tennessee, she holds the quirks of this area of the world close to her heart, and showcases it in her writing.

She's a wife, a mother of two, an avid college football fan (Go Vols), a best friend, a sister, a love

Own The Skies (3 books)
  • Phoenix (Own The Skies, #2)
  • Falcon (Own the Skies, #3)