Start by marking “Summoned to Thirteenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #13)” as Want to Read:
Summoned to Thirteenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #13)

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave

(Charley Davidson #13)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  6,624 ratings  ·  1,308 reviews
Grim Reaper Charley Davidson is back in the final installment of Darynda Jones’ New York Times bestselling paranormal series!

Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper extraordinaire, is pissed. She’s been kicked off the earthly plain for eternity – which is the appropriate amount of time to make a person starkraving mad. But someone’s looking out for her, and she’s allowed to return a
Published January 15th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Summoned to Thirteenth Grave, please sign up.
Sara Let's hope that she continues with a spin-off series that focuses on Beep :)
Janet The last two words of the book indicate very clearly that there will be a new series. Whether it will be Beep's story or Osh's story, I'm not sure.

·  6,624 ratings  ·  1,308 reviews

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Disappointed.

Let me start with the positive. I love this series and it's characters and will recommend every time. And had this been another installment in the series, I would be leaving a very different review with words like okay and good (if you exclude the final chapter).

However, to my shock, I learned that this was the last book. How did I not know this? I'm a loyal fan of the series from years ago and have faithfully one clicked each annual release week.

So what went wrong?

This book was no
Sandy
Book #13…..when you’re writing a series about the Grim Reaper, somehow that seems an appropriate number to end on. Yep, you heard me. From now on you’ll have to find another reason to visit Albuquerque because Charley Davidson & Co. are signing off. But first…a few loose ends.

As the book opens, Charley pops up back on Earth after being banished to darkness for over 100 years. Or as she describes it “exiled in hell with no light, no hair products & no coffee”. Reyes finds her in no time &
Shardallinee
I'm patient. I really am. I will wait for this patiently...
description

Ooooohkay, I'm not. Not really. I'm a mess.
description

I have no idea what I'm going to do once this series end... I'll need to find a hell of a good rebound-series... or two. Just to get over this one.

I know the next thing Darynda Jones will give us will be just as compelling as all her work so far. But this is going to be hard. I already re-read the hell out of Charley series - it had yet to get old for me.
Berit☀️✨
The PERFECT ending to a fantastic series!

Charley Davidson series done but never forgotten!
-T-shirt

WOW talk about going out with a bang! This really was the perfect cherry on top of this wonderful Charley Davidson sundae.... or probably more appropriate the whip on top of The coffee drink... this really was an exceptional series and I have enjoyed every single minute I have spent with these wonderful characters! I will miss them dearly and be looking forward to Beep’s spin off....

Charley has re
Amelia Hutchins
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star review for the end of an era. Darynda has taken us on an epic ride of love, laughter, coffee out the nose belly laughs. I hate to see it end, but the best things always do that. This series has been one epic ride that everyone should take. I have followed Darynda since book one was released. I’ve waited on the edge of my seat for every one of these beautiful, breathtakingly masterful rides to come to light. It’s an end of one of the greatest series of all time. This story is perfect, and ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Can't believe it is over...or is it?

Full review to come!

*EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*

It is so very hard to review perfection isn't it?

I mean where do you even begin, and let's face it, this series has been pretty much that, from the very beginning. And while this has been such a bittersweet experience, it has also been one I won't soon forget.

I adore these characters and while they aren't my babies like they are Ms. Jones, they are still, well, family to me. I love them, I care for them, and I will mi
Aria
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AAAAAAAAAA! Can't tell if I'm excited or about to burst into tears.
Marta Cox
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
How do I begin to write a review for this bittersweet final book ? It's been a series I've really enjoyed and I love that the author decided to end it on episode thirteen as somehow that is just so fitting. These characters have gone through so much and recently I've been more than a little upset that Charley and Reyes cannot be with their daughter Beep and I was so hoping that this book would change all that. Still this power couple just keep going fighting demons, drinking coffee, helping the ...more
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
That ending!

If Beep doesn't get her own series when she is grown then I'll...I'll...I don't know what I'll do. Wail helplessly and endlessly?
**********************************************************************
Review:
Book source ~ NetGalley (for tour)

Charley Davidson broke the only rule she was supposed to follow and God (yes, Him) flicked her like a bug into a Hell dimension as punishment. Ok, maybe he didn’t actually flick her. He may have whisked her. Or scooted? Anyway, after 100+ years of
☕️Kimberly
❆Francesca (Mother of Cats) Selina❆
Thank you so much St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for giving me an ARC.

Yeah....I need a minute to gather my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used to love this series, it started as a hot, lighthearted, funny UF full of intricate mysteries....and I’m sad that I had to witness its decline.
The plot is very thin filled with cheap plot devices and eye rolling worthy twists, the writing is jarring and not immersive, the romance went from sexy to cheap and trashy.
Charley is officially a wacker-do
Anna Serene
Honestly I'm really disappointed. I had so much hope for this book to save the series but honestly it took even more turns that made the whole thing make less sense. This is a major bummer. I'll reread the series because I LOVE Reyes and Charley and Cookie and all the rest, but the last few books in the series made it clear that it stopped being Charley's story. It became a prelude to Beep's. Really I'm very sad about this.

But I'll of course read Beep's series because OSH
Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

This is it, the final book in this series. And how fitting that it's the number thirteen. I'm sad that it's going to be the last one but at the same time I'm glad that we got our big ending. I think we've all been waiting a long time for that to happen, since the previous book ended on such a huge cliffhanger. And to be honest, this book ends more on a HFN than a HEA, since there's still the big battle that Beep has to fight agains Lucifer. I've read
Carvanz
I’m in a wonderfully awful place right now. I’ve loved every moment of this series and reaching its conclusion is bittersweet on its own. (I can’t even imagine what this feels like for the author.)

So much takes place in this final installment. It still has the wonderful Charley Davidson humor as well as the steam of her relationship with Reyes. But there is so much more this time around. Even as the ending drew nearer, I could feel it in every word written as well as their tone that we were ent
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What an incredible Finale. This is seriously one of the best series I have read to date. If I had to describe it in a few words... It was Epic!! Brilliant!! Fun and Entertaining!!

It has everything I love from the humor, the fun side characters, the suspense, and most of all, the ultimate love story between Charley and Reyes. The first few books was slow to bring us that love story but once it did, it was truly beautiful. These two are one of my favorite couples.

There were some very, sad moment
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I have devoured this book and now I don't know what to do with myself. I am a gluttonous wreck that needs more. I need Beep's book and I need it now. Darynda Jones, you can't leave me hanging like that!
Agh, this woman weaves ropes out of me.

Over and out
Kathy Davie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, funny
Thirteenth (& last!?!) in the too-funny Charley Davidson urban fantasy series and revolving around a Grim Reaper of a god.

This eARC was sent to me by St Martin's Press via NetGalley for an honest review.

My Take
Just to set your mind at rest — I hope!! — I don't think this is the complete end. It's only the end of focus for Reyes and Charley with Beep's story to come.

Why do I think that? Because Jones is winding things up with a number of characters and prepping us with her future characters.
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

This is it. The conclusion to the Charley Davidson series. I thought I was ready for this book, but boy was I wrong. I was prepared for anything, and made sure to keep tissues close by, because I knew I would need them. This review will contain spoilers if you haven't read the previous books in the series. So think twice before you continue reading. If you read the previous book, you know Charley did the one thing she was explicitly t
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Darynda Jones has shown a lot of her talent throughout the Charley Davidson series and while I was excited for this book, it was also very bittersweet to see the series come to an end.

With SUMMONED TO THIRTEENTH GRAVE, Jones gives Charley and Reyes a happily ever after while also providing the secondary characters their versions of bliss as well. It was a satisfactory ending for me, even if it’s sad to know that this is the end.

However, Jones does provide some insight of a possible spin-off seri
Maranda
Chapter headings are usually only a quick glance but.. Jones' are so unique and always make me smile and chuckle before the story continues. Go to her web site and take a look at them; she has a list. This series is one of my all time favorites. Absolutely nothing left out no matter what your preferred reading material is. So... LET'S SEE WHAT WE HAVE: 1. Mega unique and I just love them characters. 2. Romance and under the sheet moments. 3. Some tears are shed. 4. Paranormal aspects - Charley i ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

Charley Davidson and Reyes Farrow: That thing that happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object.

—TRUE FACT

This is hands down one of my favorite UF series...ever. Charley and Reyes make one of the best couples. I would love to see them in a contemporary romance story without all the sleuthing and with more of the smoldering! Now...that would be a story!

This story wraps up a lot of loose ends and still things took me by surprise...and even stung a little. However, all good t
Blodeuedd Finland
The fun was there, but at the same time, I did not like how it ended. It was all building up to a Beep book set in the future, with I guess lots of dead people as ghosts helping her in the war. This book ended in a cliffie that way and that is a horrible way for a series to end.

THe apocalypse is happening. Charley return to her gang to help save the world, for this time. There are "zombies", lots of death regarding people you like. Revelations, and she even has time to solve a a crime of a missi
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction)
When I picked up my first Charley Davidson book last fall, I didn't expect to fall in love with Darynda Jones' fantastic series and the equally wonderful cast of characters or speed race my way through books 1 through 12 within a two week span! Then I reread them again this spring in anticipation of Summoned to Thirteenth Grave, the final book in the series because I wanted to savor each book and make sure I was ready to say one last, bittersweet goodbye to a series that is truly one of my all-t ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
I am absolutely stunned by this ending. STUNNED.

The first words I wrote on my Goodreads page after finishing was “I am a speechless, sobbing mess. Words will come, but it's gonna take some time.” and believe me, it has.

Okay, getting myself together. Firstly, let me just say that the Charley Davidson series has been one hell of a ride. From the moment Charley entered my bookish life, till the very end. She has been and will remain one of my all-time favorite heroines. Her snark, troubled escapad
Beth
Fun-filled, laugh out loud funny and fighting evil, what else could you ask for for the conclusion of the Charley Davidson season.

I have to admit, I'm a little conflict knowing this is the last in the series but Jones wraps up this zany, outlandish, utterly addicting series with panache that we've come to expect.

Charlie and Reyes are about to face the ultimate show down and it becomes a family affair.

Finish the Charley Davidson series just makes you want to pick them all up and doing a re-rea
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Summoned to Thirteenth Grave is the final book in the Charley Davidson series, so I strongly suggest you not start the series with this title. Overall, this series has been a crazy, enjoyable ride, so if you are interested in Charley’s story, please start with the first book, First Grave on the Right. Beware: series spoilers (but not this book spoilers) ahead…

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave picks up a certain time after the shocking conclusion of the previous book, when Charley was banished from th
Shannon
Final Book?????

2019????

I just....

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave
Charley Davidson , Book 13

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Charley Davidson:
Reyes Alexander Farrow:
Cookie, Amber, Uncle Bob, Osh, Peri, Garrett, Beep, Gemma, I’m probably leaving someone out.

The Story:

Let’s move past the part when I cried because this is the last book in the series. Let’s also forget the other random crying I did throughout the book as they are related to major spoile
Mei
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon...
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Summoned to the Thirteen Grave by Darynda Jones

Final book in the Charley Davidson Grim Reaper series. #13.
A battle of Shade demons against Charley, Reyes and the army supporting them.

It’s with both sadness and enthusiasm that I feel reading this last book in the series. I know Beep will be back, but I will miss Charley’s sarcasm and wit.
This book brought closing to several pending issues and a few tears in the emotional goodbyes. It was brilliantly done. And I’m feeling satisfied with the conc
Dana-Adriana B.
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Even though it is the last book from a series, for me it was the first book read. I enjoy the adventures of Charley Davidson, but I need to catch up with the rest of the books.
Thank you Netgalley for this paranormal adventure.
Vampires, Weres a...: Summoned to the Thirteenth Grave 81 49 Feb 13, 2019 12:51AM
Girls, Guns and G...: Jan 2019 NR - Summoned to Thirteenth Grave 23 24 Feb 08, 2019 04:27PM
Rating a book before it is even published. 1 28 Jan 26, 2018 06:17PM

• Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Rise of the Demon  (Kara Gillian, #9)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
  • Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley Davids ...more

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)
“I’m not sure I can physically handle much more of this “getting out of bed” nonsense.” 11 likes
Safety first!

Just kidding. Coffee first, Safety's, like , third or fourth.

-MEME”