Start by marking “The Captain of Her Fate (The Other Bennet Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Captain of Her Fate (The Other Bennet Sisters, #1)

The Captain of Her Fate

(The Other Bennet Sisters #1)

Captain Theobald Raynalds lost his leg at the Battle of Trafalgar and with it, his belief any woman could find a cripple like him unobjectionable enough to love.

Louisa Bennet finds Theo incredibly attractive—both as a man in his own right and as an alternative to the odious cousin her heartless father has arranged for her to marry.

First, however, she must convince the Capt
Published March 20th 2018 by Nina Mason Creations

To ask other readers questions about The Captain of Her Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Captain of Her Fate

Mary Lou Hoffman
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE CAPTAIN OF HER FATE is the first in The Other Bennet Sisters series. I believe they will need to be read in the order of release.

Read it one day – couldn’t keep away – kept sneaking away to read a bit more. I swear I was swooning in love with Captain Raynalds as much as Louisa was!

The history is well researched, as all of Ms. Mason’s books are, and the romance is both sweet and steamy. It is a perfect Regency Romance.

There are so many characters, each with their own personality, that bring
Lori D
A fast paced story that brings a wounded hero and a desperate heroine together. This is my favorite trope of the scarred hero or heroine whether emotionally or physically because I am so happy when they find love and redemption. Louisa Bennet is being forced into a marriage by her father to her disgusting cousin and is desperately looking for a way out. She sets her sights on Capt. Theo Raynalds, who has returned from war having lost his leg. Theo, having recently been left by his betrothed due ...more
Darlene
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewer
Like all Nina Mason's books, The Captain of Her Fate is well-written and well-researched. The book's heroine is Louisa Bennet, the eldest of four sisters. Her father has arranged for her to marry her cousin, Charles, who she hates for good reason. Her only chance to escape the marriage is to elope with someone else before the wedding takes place--and that's where Capt. Theo Raynalds, the hero of the story, comes in. Even before she meets him, Louisa sets her sites on marrying him, sure he can't ...more
SOMDReigel
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captain Theobald has sworn off marriage while Louisa has her sights on marrying him before she has even met him.
Louisa is witty, beautiful and full of spunk. She is desperate to escape her situation (an abusive father as well as an abusive future husband). Theo has had his heart broken, finds himself repulsive and doesn’t trust women. He’s feeling pressured by Louisa to marry though her attraction to him is genuine.
“..it is the quality of his heart that makes him attractive, not how many legs
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina Mason has taken to writing regency romance as a duck to water. I adore her Knights fantasies and her bawdy tales, she even has me believing in mermen.
The Captain of her fate has a young woman from a family physically and verbally abused by father/husband falling in love with a naval captain who has recently become a neighbour. Unfortunately her father intends her to wed a cousin who is as much a sadistic psycopath as himself. The family name of Bennett will clue you in to which author Nina
Charmian
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Foremost and not least, The Captain of Her Fate came to my Kindle for an honest review. While I have no experience of previous books by this author I very much liked the author's credible expertise for her sharp, focused, plot driven narrative. The author drives the hero and the heroine on at a fast parallel course too, their inner desires and dreams hopelessly incompatible - as crossed my mind at first. Alas, inner pain, humiliations, and rejections of one sort or another hound their thoughts. ...more
Hollis
I've rated this a D- for AAR which is equal to 1.5 stars.

If, like me, The Captain of Her Fate intrigued you by way of the synopsis but it was the series name – The Other Bennet Sisters – that inspired you to pick it up, check it out, add it to your TBR, or all of the above, then please take this warning to heart : just go and reread Pride & Prejudice instead. In the course of two hundred and forty-one pages, Mason makes so many references to it that I honestly lost count (and was very glad
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
I really enjoyed this book. I don’t read many historical romance books, besides Nina Mason’s books. This one in particular had great characters and an entertaining storyline. It keep me interested from the beginning until the end. I love that her characters aren’t what you would call conventional. The main characters are very relatable, especially because they are somewhat flawed. I feel the best characters are. I can’t wait to read more books by Nina Mason.
SBee Reviews
Review Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars

"A great start to her new Regency romance series!"

I received an Advance Reader Copy for The Captain of Her Fate (The Other Bennet Sisters, Book #1) written by Nina Mason and voluntarily reviewed this book. This is well-told romance of an unconventional woman and a Captain newly settled to their town. Louise Bennet has her heart set on a marriage based on love, and that did NOT involve being wedded to her cousin who has always shown her a sadistic side of himself
Pam
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Captain of Her Fate by Nina Mason is both a sweet, and sexy historical romance. I loved that the hero of this book, Captain Theobald Raynalds wasn’t physically perfect; he lost a leg in the war. So many heroes in many romances are perfect physically (or at least portrayed that way) and flawed emotionally, so this was a refreshing change! Plus, it makes it more realistic because no one is physically perfect, and certainly no one ever has been.

Something else that I really enjoyed is that there
Regan Walker
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
A Very Forward Regency Woman Gets Her Man

Set in England in 1815, this is the story of Louisa Bennet (yes, same name as the heroine in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen), who, along with the hero’s sister reads Jane Austen’s stories. There are many references to Austen’s books. Some lines even seemed to mirror those in her stories.

Louisa is desperate to find a husband so she can avoid marrying her cousin, the man her father has picked out for her. Her father is a wicked man who beats his wife an
JoRead
As soon as Theo arrives in town, he’s viewed as the most eligible bachelor. Unfortunately for all the single ladies, marriage for him is out of the question due to what he considers a disability.
Loisa’s father is forcing her to marry her cruel cousin, someone that she knows will never love her or at the very least respect her; so as soon as she hears of Theo’s arrival she makes it her mission to convince him she will be the right partner for him.
This author never fails to amaze me with her par
Anne
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, torture, erotic, exciting - all of these words can be used to describe Nina Mason's newest masterpiece "The Captain of Her Fate".

Our heroine, Louisa Bennet, is being forced to marry a cousin she does not love, or trust, by her overly abusive father. Not if she has anything to say about it. She sets her sights on Captain Theobald Raynalds, new to the Much Wenlock, but living with his own ghosts. He lost a leg at sea and has a broken heart from a previous love.

They begin courting in privat
Sherri Lynn Stephens
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A superb read!!
Kathy Wideman
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read several of Nina’s books and I always enjoy them. This one was no different. Louisa Bennet is the oldest of four sisters. Her father has arranged for her to marry her cousin who will inherit from her father. This way the fortune stays close but the family will be taken care of. The only problem, Louise would rather die than marry her cousin. He is horrible to her. Captain Theobold Raynalds has recently moved into the same village. Maybe the Captain will be interested in Louisa. She ca ...more
Carlene Michalk
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely needs more praise!

This is my first book by this author. And I must say she did a real stand-up job. I highly enjoyed this book from beginning to end as I fell in love with the characters!

This book had made me both cry and chuckle with laughter. The couple of this book were utterly adorable and, it made me wish I could find a captain of my own that was just like Theo.

Theo is wounded from war. He believes that no one could ever love him because of his lack of a leg. He wears a
Sarah Fisher
This was an awesome book! It was just so down to earth with a disability and a woman who didn't see it that way. Even back then it was a no no just like today in some people's minds. But this woman wanted to love him no matter what! It was a good heartfelt story!!
Candace N
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this story pretty quickly, from beginning to end it had my attention.  Louisa and Theo are pretty captivating characters. Louisa at one point gets a little over dramatic and I wanted to shake some sense into her but other than that she was an incredibly likeable character. I really liked Theo, he seems real in how he think, speaks and acts. The book was very well written and I am looking forward to reading more books by Nina Mason
S.M. Lowry
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received an advanced review copy, but I also purchased a copy.

The Captain of Her Fate by Nina Mason is a historical romance set in 1800s England, a time when a woman married for security and status rather than love. In the case of poor Louisa, she must marry a man she doesn’t love because that is who her father has chosen for her. But like many of Mason’s female leads, Louisa has no intention of following the path someone else has chosen for her. One of the reasons I love Mason’s books is bec
Lisa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

Oh my gosh, I so loved this read. Historical romance is not usually my thing but I was tempted in by the synopsis. So Captain Theobald Reynolds is our hero who lost a leg during battle. Given the times, he does not make a great prospect for a husband but Louisa Bennet sees him as a way out of her arranged marriage to an abusive man. He just convincing of this especially as he is distrustful of women.

The women in this book are reading the latest romance release, 'Pride & Prejudice
Nancy
Nicole Schack
rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2018
Nina Mason
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mar 21, 2018
Donna Carson
Mar 22, 2018
Nina Mason is an incurable romantic with strong affinities for history, mythology, and the metaphysical. She strives to write the same kind of books she loves to read: those that entertain, edify, educate, and enlighten. Her genres include erotic paranormal and historical romance. She also has written a political thriller.

Born and raised in Southern California, she now lives in Woodstock, Georgia,

The Other Bennet Sisters (2 books)
  • The Rogue of Her Heart: A Regency Romance (The Other Bennet Sisters Book 2)