Start by marking “Between the Lies” as Want to Read:
Between the Lies

Between the Lies

The truth is hiding between the lies.

A page-turning psychological thriller with twists that keep the reader guessing until last page, this addictive read will be loved by fans of Shari Lapena's A STRANGER IN THE HOUSE and Liz Lawler's DON'T WAKE UP.

What would you do if you woke up and didn't know who you were?

Chloe Daniels regains consciousness in a hospital with no memory
Published January 10th 2019 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Between the Lies, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lacy (nerdoutwithmybookout) Allaire Right?! It has to be Ben...maybe. 😂

Debra
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Chloe Daniels wakes up from a coma and has no memory of how she got there. There are people visiting her who say they are her family, she has no memory of them, she doesn't recognize her name, if she had a career, where she lived, etc.

As Chloe slowly starts to recover, her family begins to give her little spinets of information about her life, where she lived and that she was involved in a car crash. But even with no memory, Chloe knows that something isn't right. Something doesn't feel right. C
Liz
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up

What a deliciously creepy premise! Chloe is in a car accident, the after effect of which is amnesia. She has no memory of her prior life. Her parents take her back to their home, but don’t tell her much at all about her life and refuse to let her visit her own home or even leave their grounds. What are they trying to hide from her?

The book definitely grabbed me. My mind was coming up with all different reasons Chloe’s family seems determined to keep her from the truth. Whic
megs_bookrack
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Chloe Daniels wakes up in the hospital, she has no idea how she ended up there, or even who she is.

Surrounded by people claiming to be her family, Chloe remains scared and unsure. She has no recollection of any of them. Soon they are whisking her home and setting her up in a room they say is hers but still, nothing seems familiar.

The man who says he is her Father also happens to be a psychiatrist and begins holding sessions with Chloe to help regain her memories.

As the story unfolds, Chloe
Holly  B
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5 Stars

Can you guess who the liar is?

Just the thought of waking up in a hospital and not knowing who you are or how you got there is such a terrifying scenario. Chloe is told that she was involved in a terrible car accident, but she has no memory of her past.

When Chloe leaves the hospital she goes to live with a family that she doesn't remember, she doesn't know them. Her father is a doctor and is treating her amnesia, but is he telling her everything? Why would he lie to her? I didn't trust h
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: My father tells me that once we have finished the therapy sessions everything will be as it once was, nothing more than a faint, well-healed scar left behind to connect my past to my present. But no matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries, I'm not going to be able to slip back into my old life. The person I used to be is dead, taken away from us in the crash. And even though I'm confused about most things, there is one thing I do know: you can't bring the dead back to life. The ...more
Amanda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
What a start, we are flung straight into action with what appears to be a car crash and someone trapped in the car. Chloe wakes up in hospital surrounded by family not knowing who she is or what happened to her. She has been in a coma for over a month!!

Back at her parents Rectory with her sister Jess, she has a feeling that they do not want her to get her memory back. Can she trust these people who say they are family but whom she cannot remember.

This is a great book with lots of twists along t
Katie B
I was already hooked by the end of the first chapter and that's saying a lot because amnesia storylines aren't typically my favorite thing to read. My motivation to keep reading really boils down to there just seemed to be so many possibilities and directions this story could take which was intriguing. While I preferred the first half of the book over the second, overall this was one of those fun, popcorn eating reads.

Chloe Daniels regains consciousness and finds herself in the hospital
Carrie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Between the Lies by Michelle Adams is a psychological thriller in which the main character has lost all of her memory keeping her guessing just as much as the readers do. After a severe brain injury Chloe awakens not only not knowing those around her but even her own name eludes her.

As she’s recovering Chloe’s parents have brought her home with them to take care of her. However Chloe only has more and more questions with each day going by when her parents refuse to give her much information on w
Erin
4.5 Stars

Special thanks to Michelle Adams & St.Martin's Griffin for providing me with a free copy of this book.

Man! This book was good. Maybe I found this book so good because I've taken a break from reading Thrillers. Sometimes you need time away from a genre to rediscover your love for it.

Chloe Daniels wakes up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. She doesn't remember any of her family members. She has no sense of who she is. Her family seems nice and they claim to want to h
Selena
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-copy of Between The Lies by Michelle Adams from NetGalley for my honest review.

Chloe wakes up in the hospital with no memory of who she is or how she got to the hospital. She is staying with her parents while she is recovering from her car accident. Her family seem to be lacking information and details that they are giving her. She feels like she is locked in at their property. She know that things aren't as they should be and that everyone is lying to her. Who can she trust
Kendall
Well... Between the Lies... hmm where do I start with this one?

Chloe has amnesia and can't remember anything from her accident. She is struggling to understand her life and where she comes from. She is living with her parents and her sister trying to gain her memory back and get better.

I started off with getting annoyed with her parents. Her father was super controlling right off the bat with "protecting" her from doing anything trying to gain her memory back. This to me was a sign right away
Lou
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Michelle Adams although she has written previous psychological thrillers including "My Sister" that was published in April 2017. Its target audience/readership is those who loved Liz Lawler's "Don't Wake Up" and Shari Lapena's "A Stranger in the House". I would say that this is a pretty accurate prediction.

Chloe Daniels has lost her memory after a horrific accident. After spendinf time in a coma she is released from hospital into the care of her family who she doesn't re
Elizabeth
Between the Lies is an adequate woman-in-peril thriller--Chloe has been in a car accident and is at her parents' home, recovering from her injuries. She also has no idea who she is, has no memory of her life before, doesn't recognize her family, and her father insists on treating her in the family home, saying it's the best way to help her recover.

Oh, and the police want to question her about a hit and run she was involved in. One where someone she knew and loved died.

And Chloe soon figured out
Lisa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SUMMARY
What would you do if you woke up and didn’t know who you were? Chloe Daniels had been in an accident she doesn't remember. Her parents and sister are there for her but it just doesn’t feel right. Something is terrible wrong. Something is missing. As she begins to slowly recover her family shares small bits and pieces of her life before the accident. But Chloe has the feeling they are hiding things from her. She is determined to uncover the truth but is afraid of what she might find. What
Stacey
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine waking up in the hospital and you have no idea how you got there, in fact you have no memory at all. Chloe Daniels finds herself in just that position.

Michelle Adams has managed to keep the reader in as much of the dark as Chloe is. Unfolding the murky details makes for one suspenseful read.

As Chloe’s memory slowly returns, we begin to sort out the truth about what really happened the night of the accident. Before the truth surfaces there are a lot of people involved and who really has
Bkwmlee

What would you do if you woke up one day and couldn’t remember a single detail from your past life? Not only that, the people taking care of you, who claim to be your family, you find out are actually keeping secrets from you about your past life and even outright lying to you, feeding you one lie after another after another? This is the exact situation that Chloe Daniels, the protagonist of Michelle Adams’s newest work Between the Lies , finds herself in after she wakes up following
Darinda
Chloe awakens in the hospital after a terrible car accident. Not only does she not remember the accident, but she doesn’t remember who she is or anything about her life and family. Her parents and sister attempt to help her remember her life, but Chloe feels they are also keeping secrets.

It took me a little while to get into this story. Once I did, it was a thrilling ride. Complex and twisty story. Intriguing characters, with everyone seemingly hiding something. Chloe is a bit of an unreliable n
Erin Clemence
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
Special thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Chloe Daniels wakes up in the hospital after an accident, with a head wound and no memory of what happened. In fact, she has no memory of anything. Returning to the care of her parents, she tries to patch together pieces of her past life with the help of her father, a psychiatrist with a speciality in hypnosis and memory recovery. Her parents and younger sis
Kim ~ Traveling Sister
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Chloe Daniels wakes up in a hospital bed, confused she looks around to discover she has no idea how she got here and who these people are. In fact she doesn't even know her name. Following a horrific car accident Chloe struggles with extensive injuries, including a head injury that is causing her severe memory problems.

This was absolutely terrifying right from the start as we watch Chloe struggle to place the people around her that are claiming to be family. She is forced to go home with them t
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was really good. It took a while to get into it and I was getting a bit bored but then it started getting really interesting and enjoyable. I loved the mystery behind that night and really wanted to know what happened. I disliked most of the characters except for Chloe and Andrew. I felt terrible for them for the death of their son. It was heartbreaking. I couldn’t figure out who the person was Chloe was having an affair with but when it came to light it all made sense and ma ...more
Carol
SO MANY LIES.......

Chloe is a lost soul after she awakens from a head injury with complete memory loss. With only her unfamiliar troubled parents and younger sister to help piece together what happened one fateful rainy night, she doesn't know which way to turn or who to believe....BETWEEN THE LIES.

Michelle Adams gives us a roller coaster of a read while Chloe slowly discovers tidbits of information about herself and the tragic accident (no spoiler here) that changed her life.

BETWEEN THE LIE

Michelle
I'm a winner! Thanks for my Monday morning surprise, Goodreads! :)
☮Karen
Anytime a book or a TV show resorts to a character contracting amnesia, it is automatically going to be hard to pull off as credible or interesting to me. It has been done and overdone. So from the beginning of this, I needed to be impressed with the rest of the story or the characterizations. If you like the amnesia tactic, you'll likely enjoy this much more than I did.

The characters themselves were all a bit of a mystery, which can be intriguing. Here it is mainly because the main character an
Wendy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very riveting and suspenseful read!
Chloe Daniels is involved in a car accident and wakes up in the hospital with no memory. Several weeks later she goes home with her parents and sister not remembering anything about her life. Dependent on her family to help her recall who she really is leads to many twists, turns and falsehoods.
And let's not forget lies, lies and more lies.
Riddled with unsettling moments this thrilling tale had me turning the pages to get to the truth.
Author Michelle Adams d
Adrian Dooley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was at times a little fantastical and you really did have to suspend disbelief for large chunks of it but, you know what? This was great fun and I was happy to go along for the ride.

Chloe Daniels wakes up in hospital surrounded by strangers. But they aren’t strangers. They are her mother, her father and her sister. She has no memory of them. She has no memory or her name. She has no memory at all!

After a near fatal car accident and serious brain bleed, Chloe is taken by her family to their
Liz Barnsley
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing psychological thriller about a woman who has lost her memory after a horrific accident and comes to believe her family are lying to her and not who they seem. Full and proper review for the blog tour.
Joanna Park
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Adam’s is fast becoming one of my favourite authors for her fabulous descriptions of dysfunctional families.  I’ve always been fascinated with books about memory loss and what it’s possible for the brain to forget, so this book really appealled to me.

This book gripped me from the start as it soon became obvious that something wasn’t right.  The house that Chloe finds herself in seems very impersonal and neglected which struck me as odd for a supposed family home.  The isolated location
Vanessa (The Bookish Deer)
5/5 stars. I absolutely loved this book, and found it to be a riveting and atmospheric read, filled with doubt and paranoia. I’m very curious to see what the author will write in the future!
Full review on my blog: https://thebookishdeer.com/2019/04/16...
Mandy White
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Between The Lies by Michelle Adams was a book that I struggled to put down. I started it on Saturday afternoon and finished it Saturday night. The story had me so engrossed that I really just had to keep reading. I love it when a book takes over like that. This was my first book by this author and I will definitely be looking out for her again in the future.

This was a very fast paced story of love, family and trust. Chloe Daniels wakes from a coma after a car accident that nearly took her life n
Jannelies
Books where the main character has lost his/her memory are always intriguing, especially when it becomes clear that the poor victim, with waking up, only sits at the start of the ordeal, not the end.
Chloe wakes up in her childhood home, surrounded by her parents and sister, but it is immediately obvious to the reader that her familiy is part of the problem, not the solution. As thrillers go, not all people who are offering to help Chloe have her best interests at heart.
Chloe becomes more and mo
  • Finding Grace
  • The Evidence Against You
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • Someone Knows
  • Nothing Save the Bones Inside Her
  • The Perfect Plan
  • Day of the Accident
  • Before She Was Found
I was born in 1981, the youngest of five and the only girl. For a short period of time after that I might have been my mum's long awaited princess, but it became obvious that I was the kind of child who was more into mud pies and catching insects than I was pretty dresses. I loved my purple Doc Marten's, hated my floral wallpaper, and was never allowed to paint my bedroom black. No, not even the c ...more