Start by marking “Tested in Fire (Art Medium, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tested in Fire (Art Medium, #2)

Tested in Fire (Art Medium #2)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Six months ago, Stefan Cobbe was at rock bottom: grief-stricken, guilt-ridden, debt-laden, and oh yeah—possessed by a homicidal dead painter. But after reconciling with his first love, Luke, and moving to Sarasota with him, Stefan is ghost-free and preparing for his first major show. Yes, he still has debts, and no, Luke doesn’t understand Stefan’s desire for independence. ...more
Published March 31st 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tested in Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tested in Fire

Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars!!!

Tested in Fire is book 2 in the Art Medium Series by E.J. Russell and it needs to be read in order to be better appreciated.

In this installment, Luke and Stefan are living in Sarasota, Stefan is preparing for his first show, Luke's art investigation firm is doing great and even if Stefan isn't ready to move in with Luke yet, their relationship is working... somewhat.

After Luke returns from a 5-week long business trip to Italy, though, things start to change and soon Stefan realizes th
Nicole
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC reviewed for Netgalley

Stefan Cobbe and Luke Morganstern return in this sequel to The Artist’s Touch. Unfortunately, the paranormal world has opted not to leave the lovebirds alone, and their lives are once again in peril as another character decides that he wants far more than Luke is willing to give.

Tested in Fire is a quick and entertaining read especially when a potty-mouthed psychic and a sexy male nurse join the cast of characters and add some flare to the endless drama that is Stephan
Ramona
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, reviewed
Stefan is an artist. Recovering from a harrowing experience at the hands of a ghost several months ago (first book in The Art Medium series).

Him and his lover Luke have resettled in Florida. Stefan is happily painting nudes. Luke is reestablishing his art-investigation business. Both working through their pasts and looking forward to what both expect to be a happy future.

Luke wants Stefan to move in with him but Stefan is resisting, wanting to prove that he is more than capable of taking care o
Nicki Markus
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-lgbt
When I requested this book from Riptide Publishing, I hadn't realised it was the second in a series. That did cause me a few initial problems in reading, because we were thrown straight in with the characters, who talked of events of which I had no knowledge. However, once the plot started to unfold, I was drawn in and found it an enjoyable read. I liked the characters of Stefan and Luke, and the idea of the masks and body swapping worked well. I think I would have gotten more out of it had I re ...more
Kathy Johnson
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The is the second book in the MM paranormal ghost series, Art Medium. This story begins where the first book ended. As opposed to just a ghost story, this story centers around a character who changes bodies with an unsuspecting character. The author has an interesting point of view for the body switching. The story was well written and the characters were wonderful. It is the second in the series and can be read as a standalone, but probably best read in order.
Maria Lima
James Escol
Apr 02, 2018
Morgan
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
**I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

2.5 stars rounded up to 3

When I requested this book, I was unaware that it was the second book in a series so I went in a little blind. I was reading through the book and was bit confused as to what, exactly, the characters background was and how they knew about the paranormal world already. That being said, I was able to piece together enough of the bits the author gave us of the previous book to get an idea of what happened.

This book was i
Apr 17, 2018
Kelly
Apr 10, 2018 added it
Shelves: paranormal, queer, romance
Even better than the first book - which you will need to read in order to get the most out of this story. Stefan and Luke's relationship is being tested by the supernatural once again, in a unique and really freaky way.

What I loved most about this book - actually, it was two things: I liked that Luke's predicament gave him a new perspective on his own limitations. His scarring and his attitude. He really was tested here and his relationship with Luke will be all the stronger for it. Stefan also
Shymsal
Sunshine
Mar 15, 2018
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Mar 28, 2018
E.J. Russell –grace, mother of three, recovering actor–writes romance in a rainbow of flavors. Count on high snark, low angst and happy endings.

Reality? Eh, not so much.
More about E.J. Russell

Art Medium (2 books)
  • The Artist's Touch (Art Medium, #1)