Start by marking “Lost & Found” as Want to Read:
Lost & Found

Lost & Found

In seguito a un incidente d'auto avvenuto quand'era bambina, Tilly zoppica e ha forti dolori se si affatica troppo, mentre il padre, alla guida al momento dell'incidente, non ha mai superato il senso di colpa e vive nell'angoscia. Tilly è timidissima, a scuola non ha amici, ed è appassionata di fotografia: ha tre apparecchi fotografici con i quali immortala tutto, senza ...more
Published by Feltrinelli (first published August 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lost & Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost & Found

Start your review of Lost & Found
Nichelle
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a good book. The character development was awesome. I couldn’t put it down and finished it in one sitting.
Jacob Appel
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect gift for a family member....

Twelve-year-old Tillie Green, injured in an automobile accident at age eight, compensates for her limp with her photographer's eye, taking pictures of classmates and family members. She earns a reputation as her middle school's "Lost and Found" by solving mysteries through careful examinations of her pictures. Yet some puzzles prove more challenging than others, and when Jake Hausmann asks for help locating his missing father, the pair find themselves
Laura Gardner
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to @macmillankidsbooks for the free book to share with @kidlitexchange; it comes out August 14 and belongs in every elementary and middle school library.
~
~*~*~*~*~*
I absolutely loved this #mglit mystery, a DEBUT novel from #BrigitYoung. 5 book for me!
~
Here's why:
The characters
Tillie is honest and observant. I loved seeing her grow and come from behind her camera. I love seeing her discover that her classmates aren't as bad as she thought.
Jake is HILARIOUS, kind and funny. Wait, did I
Alexa
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
3.5 stars! This is a charming little story, and I liked how it focused on both understand one’s self and shifting your perspective on what you really see about yourself and the world.
Rosita Alfieri
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dopo un terribile incidente avuto da bambina, Tilly non è mai riuscita fisicamente a riprendersi del tutto lasciandola con un'andatura zoppicante. L'incidente ha condizionato tutta la sua vita, inclusa quella sociale. Tilly e timidi e non ha amici. Ma ha qualcosa per gli altri non hanno: una passione sfrenata per la fotografia e la capacità di usare questo suo talento per ritrovare cose scomparse.
Ma quando a scuola un ragazzo gli chiede aiuto per ritrovare non un oggetto ma il suo stesso padre,
Afoma Umesi
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this middle grade novel exploring guilt, friendship, and family issues! Very complex characters, and interesting dialogue in this one. Highly recommend!
Laurie
Such a wonderful book! This has a perfect blend of mystery and heart, with interesting, endearing characters. I couldn't put it down!
Aurora
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Middle-grade books are very hit or miss for me. I mean, I'm an adult, so that's probably to be expected, but I've found that while most children's books and most YA hold up perfectly fine, middle-grade often hits a very particular level of "this is how the world works" that really only works below a certain age. But the few books that don't do that tend to be very good, and this is one of them. It was surprisingly deep for a middle-grade novel, without being overwhelmingly negative or intense. ...more
ReginLaRadiosa
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Foto” significa luce. E “grafia” significa scrittura o disegno. Dunque “fotografia” significa disegno di luce. A pensarci bene, è molto interessante. Perché noi pensiamo alla fotografia come a uno strumento usato dai nostri genitori per ricordarsi di quando eravamo piccoli, ma in realtà è una scienza e un’arte della luce, e di come la luce si riflette nel mondo.

Tillie è una giovane studentessa alle prese con la magia delle fotografie. In seguito a un incidente stradale che le ha provocato dei
Susan
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the author and to @kidlitexchange for sharing a review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

This story of family, friendship and a strong girl’s courage is a memorable one. Tillie was severely injured in an auto accident four years ago when her father was driving faster a bit faster on icy roads than he probably should have been. After many surgeries and countless doctor and physical therapist visits, Tillie still walks with a limp and faces almost constant pain. As a result,
Alexa Hamilton
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tween
Tillie Green's nickname is Lost and Found because she takes a lot of pictures, notices details and can find stuff that you've lost. This time, a boy named Jake has asked her for help finding his dad. She usually only finds stuff, but he is desperate. They start trying to solve this adult mystery and it works out about how you would think.

What made this story interesting to me is Tillie's leg. It's permanently damaged from a car accident that happened 2 years ago when her father was driving and
Ornella Calcagnile
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recensione completa su Peccati di Penna
Lost & Found è uno young adult fresco, genuino, puro, lontano dai drammi estremi e le storie d'amore troppo complicate per l'età che hanno i personaggi anche perché in questo romanzo i protagonisti sono molto giovani, intorno ai tredici anni, e si trovano ad affrontare situazioni piuttosto comuni che si mescolano alla fantasia. Per farla breve: non ci sono eccessi, sesso o argomenti forti.

Tillie è il nostro punto focale, una ragazza che a causa di un
Barbara
I'd give this one a 3.5. I liked the idea behind the book, but was able to solve the mystery pretty quickly. I enjoyed reading this book and found it easy to like the protagonist, twelve-year-old Tillie Green. After she was injured in a car wreck, Tillie has had to endure considerable physical pain and finds it hard to walk as quickly or as smoothly as her classmates. But she's earned a tiny bit of fame through her ability to solve mysteries through the use of her camera. In fact, she's even ...more
Lesley Burnap
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lizanne Johnson
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for an empathy building book, then stop right here. Tillie’s life changes dramatically when she is in a car accident with her father. Her grandfather’s gift of a camera gives her a new interest that leads her to find lost items for her classmates. When Jake asks Tillie to help him find his missing dad, Tillie learns that finding honest answers is not always painless and that friendship can lead to changes she had not foreseen.
Thanks so much to author Brigit Young for choosing
Jaymie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story about friendship and acceptance that includes an interesting mystery. The photography angle as a means to solve little mysteries - and eventually the big one - was clever. A more grown up Cam Jansen without the photographic memory.

I would say this is for older middle grade readers (10-14) because I found the solution to the mystery to be a little more mature than I would choose for an 8 or 9 year old. Of course, readers of any age come in a variety of maturity levels, but it
Katherine
This is the first middle grade novel that I have ever read that illustrated the importance off catharsis from the eyes of a young adolensce. Tillie doesn't realize how dramatic real life can be until an actual crisis arrives at her locker, begging for help. I'm not going to say much else to save you from spoilers, but I think this novel does a beautiful job of showing grown up problems through the lens of minors who, above all, want to be kept in the know about what goes on in the world of grown ...more
Anne O'Brien Carelli
I was lucky enough to receive this ARC and am sure middle graders will zoom right through it. Not only was it a good story that keeps you wondering what is around the corner, but the characters are believable and engaging. The author did a beautiful job of weaving in the MC's injury and her relationship with her father and friendship with Jake. I hope the author is working on her next book because she will definitely get a following when this book comes out. Highly recommended.
Samantha Clark
A wonderful book with fantastic characters I just want to hug. This is a friendship story that feels almost accidental, although it's not at all. Brigit Young has created a world and characters that I love.
Sandy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penso che Tillie si sia persa come tutti quegli oggetti che aiuta a ritrovare, ma nel momento in cui ha compreso che non è la fotocamera a dettare le regole ma che ad essere speciale è lei abbia finalmente ritrovato sé stessa
Malika
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This refreshing novel was a page turner. I got sucked in immediately and had to know how the mystery ended. The lovable characters were well-developed. I recommend this to both young readers and adults.
Jonathan Ross
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful, hilarious, and heartrending read! A perfect book for middle grade readers (and their parents!)
Claire L
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus
Sara ~ Bookspedia
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
amore puro per questo libro.

la recensione--> http://bookespedia.blogspot.it/2018/0...
Shirin Stara
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great. It has an amazing storyline and I love it. ...more
aarifa
WOW that was unexpected.
Eleonora Magnotta
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recensione completa sul blog: https://onceuponatimeabooklove.blogsp...

È una storia dolcissima. Vi dico solo che ho letto questo romanzo in due orette. Le migliori ore spese per un libro nell’ultimo periodo. Ho amato Tillie, avrei voluto proteggerla da tutto e tutti. Ho amato Jake, la sua perseveranza, ostinazione e soprattutto coraggio di andare avanti nonostante tutto sono come una doccia fredda. Perché non ti aspetti tutto questo da un adolescente.
Crystal Zavala
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I read it before my 10 year old son did. He hasn't read it yet, I'll update this review when he finishes it and share his opinions.

I would have loved this book as a girl. (I really enjoyed it as an adult) How could you not want to be a middle school detective with a camera? There were so heavy topics, but I felt like they were well handled.
Melissa17
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a beautiful MG story about family, love, trust, and friendship. Tillie's voice is pitch perfect-- she truly unfolds on the page. This one has all the feels of a true classic!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Father's Words
  • Up for Air
  • Shouting at the Rain
  • Focused
Brigit Young was raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where she got through many a cold winter by reading all the books on her house's shelves. Her first story, written at age six, told the tale of a monster who wanted a human friend. It ended on a cliffhanger. In elementary school, her mom introduced her to Shakespeare, and she fell down the rabbit hole into the addictive land of stories. Since then, ...more