Start by marking “Marine: Halley's Casino II” as Want to Read:
Marine: Halley's Casino II

Marine: Halley's Casino II

Nebula Yorker ("Neb" to his friends) finds himself on the water planet of Marine in a race to recover a long lost Triopelian Star Chart he previously never knew existed.

Along the way Neb encounters new friends and a villainous brother and sister team bent on doing whatever they must to get their hands on the star chart first - including mayhem and murder.

To ask other readers questions about Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marine

Lindsay
Marine takes place about three years after Neb is on Halley's Casino. This book takes you on an adventure of it own. It also talks about Neb parents home planet and more about his parents. I gives you lesson about history or at least a bit about Neb's history or his parents for that mother. There seems to be something going on that makes Neb go after a star chart.

What is this star chart and why does everyone want it. There seems to be a dragon that guarding it and only one person who
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Marine
Halley's Casino #2
By Mark JG Fahey

Three years have passed since the events of Halley's Casino and Neb (aka Nebula Yorker) is enjoying his stint onboard as Mr. Tict's assistant. And his identity as a Triopelian is a closely guarded secret from all but his true friends (TeeCeeFore, Tict, Kel, Pic, and Picone) but that is all about to change when trouble comes calling.

When Tict is targeted by a pair of alien siblings who seem intent on death, destruction, a
Jeremy Michael Gallen
The second entry of author Mark J.G. Fahey’s Halley’s Casino trilogy opens with a description of the eponymous planet, Marine, and its inhabitants. In the meantime, Professor Gabriel Pheet dies whilst sucking on a radioactive battery and bequeaths his island retreat to an old scholastic friend, LeBeau. Protagonist Nebula “Neb” Yorker is on Halley’s Casino, the true identity of Halley’s Comet, with membership in the Council of U, akin to the Federation in the Star Trek media franchise, growing st ...more
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marine is the second book in the Halley's Casino trilogy. Last year, I read the first book Halley's Casino which was a fun adventure, a good mix of sci-fi, time-travel and comedy. Marine continues Nebula (Neb) Yorker's adventures three years later. Although there wasn't the element of time travel in this book it was still a quirky fun book to read.

Neb uncovers a plot of two villains who are trying to find the Star Chart. This leads Neb and his friends, both new and old, to the water
Angela Thompson
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readers should expect to read this series in order. I know I am sometimes guilty of beginning a series or trilogy in the middle or even at the end--and piecing the story together until all of the books are read. While I love Fahey's writing style--he is very organized and creates a fun story from a hodgepodge of characters and events--he doesn't give readers much of the backstory from the first Halley's Casino book. I think readers would enjoy the trilogy most if the books were read back to back ...more
Marilyn R.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marine - book two in the Halley's Casino trilogy - opens on the watery planet of Marine following a new main character, LeBeau who is the cousin of the Prime Minister of Telvon 3, TeeceeFore. He had just inherited the estate of an old friend, Professor Gabriel Pheet. But behind the facade of heir, he was also on a second an more dangerous mission to search for a lost Triopelian Star Chart. Several factions were desperately working to be the first to find it, so danger and intrigue surrounds him. ...more
Jessica Bronder
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been three years since we first met Neb. He has enjoyed his time at Halley’s Casino. Then his boss Tict is threatened by two alien siblings. Neb is determined to figure out what they want when he learns of a Triopelian Star Chart that was lost long ago. He finds himself on a planet called Marine in a race to get the star chart. But there is so much more to Marine than first glance and Neb just might be the only person that will be able to survive it.

I really love this series,
Dawn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I had read Halley's Casino a while back so I was happy to read Marine, the second book in the Halley's Casino series. The first book was good but I enjoyed Marine quite a bit more. There was so much going on!

Neb is still on Halley's Casino and has found out there's a missing Triopelian Star Chart which he needs to find before it falls into the wrong hand
Lynne Page
This novel is the second in a trilogy written by a local author from my area.

If you have already followed Nebula Yorker through Halley's Casino, it's time to not only get back in touch with him in Marine, but also meet a new cast of characters that will leave you chuckling the entire read. Not only has Nebula grown as a character, but so too has the author's skills. While Halley's Casino was a fun read, Marine kept my attention and left me interested on a much higher level. I have enjoyed watch
Debra Schoenberger
Our space opera continues with Nebula Yorker (Neb) as assistant concierge on Halley's Comet.  He's happy with his new job and has made some great friends.

Again, the author's imagination continues to astonish me.  I'm not a big scifi reader (although I'm a scifi fan) but this story is so off-the-wall and unpredictable that I can't put it down.  I love all the characters!

The plot thickens as Neb learns of a missing star chart.  Not exactly sure what the star chart is, he em
T.A.
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marine was an entertaining story filled with intrigue, action, and a fun group of characters. The author has a great imagination, and I enjoyed the comaraderie of Nebula and his friends. I look forward to the third book in the trilogy.
Marilyn R.
Jan 15, 2019
HGD
Jan 06, 2018
Mark J.G.
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd book in the Halley's Casino trilogy is yours to discover...
Dawn