Start by marking “Walt Disney's Disneyland” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Disneyland

Walt Disney's Disneyland

Welcome to Disneyland
A visual history of the world’s megalopolis of magic

Walt Disney dreamed for decades about opening the ultimate entertainment venue, but it wasn’t until the early 1950s that his handpicked team began to bring his vision to life. Together, artists, architects, and engineers transformed a dusty tract of orange groves about an hour south of Los Angeles int
Published October 25th 2017 by Taschen GmbH

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Disneyland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Disneyland

Start your review of Walt Disney's Disneyland
George Taylor
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable. Disneyland fans will adore this book, but all theme park fans need to own it.
Jen Pritchard
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! There's no place better than Disneyland!!!! Thank you Walt Disney. ...more
Brooke
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I fully enjoyed the illustrations and narrative on Disneyland's creation and journey. Beautiful book that helps capture a magical moment in time. ...more
Ines Dias
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!!!
Garrett
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is gorgeous. I got it as a Christmas gift, and I immediately started devouring it. The text itself is interesting, especially the story of how Disney developed the idea of his park. I would have liked to see more about recent history, but the early stuff is great.

The stars of the show, of course, are the photographs and artwork. There is so much here, and it was fascinating to see all the pictures from the park's early years. It's the kind of book you can just live in for a while.
Brian
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful coffee table book that I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of Walt Disney and especially Disneyland. The book tells the story of the park and has some pictures from the earliest days along with beautiful diagrams and artwork. There are more photos than text in this book which suits the format of this book really well. Overall, this would be a great gift for a Disneyland fan and a fan of the magic.
Roo Phillips
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If, like me, you love Disneyland and history, then you will probably love this book. It reads like a documentary of the making of the park, complete with fantastic historical photos and concept art. It focuses on the southern California park up through the end of Walt's life, but does cover some of the more significant updates up through 2018 as well as a bit on Disney World. ...more
jeffrey
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The stunningly lovely renderings are the strong point of this tome written as a paean to Walt Disney and Disneyland. Nonetheless I have to down grade it a bit as the narrative has been cleansed of anything suggestive of controversy or critical of the park's development over time. ...more
Jeffrey
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sumptuous coffee table book with beautiful photos of the Disney, his family, and the evolution of Disneyland, from its inspiration to its future. Interesting research makes this a wonderful book to revisit.
Kori Teper
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought I knew everything about Disney but this awesome book proved me wrong...great read!
Alice Lawrence
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book for Disney lovers full of interesting facts and history alongside amazing photographs. It transports you to Disneyland itself.
Dan
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, nonfiction
This gorgeous coffee table sized book by historian Chris Nichols from Taschen publishing is an absolute must read for Disney fans!
Sofia
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Disneyland!!
Amazing book, I love the illustrations, the story and thanks to Walt Disney to imagine and create this world❤️❤️
Cameran
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Perfect for Disneyland nerds like me to learn the history of the theme park and to look at the gorgeous pictures.
Kim Gullickson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunning vintage photos, beautiful concept art, and a well-written narrative full of interesting facts. This is a must-have book for any Disneyland fan.
Allison Scott
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is beautiful!!
Alice
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book.
Lovely to dip in and out of
Cat
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, disney, nonfiction
Super cute! Loved seeing all the old concept art and posters from original DL! Would have loved to see a more in depth look at some of the rides more than what was published.
Brie
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love Disneyland, do not miss this book! It has lots of great photos and interesting information about the planning, design, and approval for Disneyland up through today and the anticipation for Star Wars Land. It was a real joy to go through!
Will
Sep 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Maps of the Disney Parks: Charting 60 Years from California to Shanghai
  • Marc Davis in His Own Words: Imagineering the Disney Theme Parks
  • Disney's Land: Walt Disney and the Invention of the Amusement Park That Changed the World
  • Poster Art of the Disney Parks
  • The Old Patagonian Express: By Train Through the Americas
  • The Way We All Became The Brady Bunch: How the Canceled Sitcom Became the Beloved Pop Culture Icon We Are Still Talking About Today
  • How Democracy Ends
  • Cathedral: The Story of Its Construction
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • 'Toons for Our Times: A Bloom County Book of Heavy Meadow Rump 'n Roll
  • Classics of Western Literature: Bloom County, 1986-1989
  • Tales Too Ticklish to Tell: Bloom County
  • Politically, Fashionably, and Aerodynamically Incorrect: The First Outland Collection
  • Sweat