Start by marking “Traded: Brody and Kara (Cliffside Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Traded: Brody and Kara (Cliffside Bay, #1)

Traded: Brody and Kara

(Cliffside Bay #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  411 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
Brody Mullen is the best quarterback in the AFL, and his Super Bowl win only confirms what he's suspected his entire career: romantic entanglements are bad for his game. No women. No sex. No problems. But after hiring a beautiful nurse to care for his mother, his resolve begins to weaken.

Published February 15th 2018 by 4kids5cats Editions

To ask other readers questions about Traded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traded

Coco.V
Jul 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/5/2018)!💝

Blurb:

The small coastal town of Cliffside Bay, California seems like the perfect place to start over for Kara Eaton. Shielded by her new identity from the Witness Protection Pro
Beth
I was excited to read this as I love sports romance, however, this was not sports romance. Although the story revolves around Brody, who is a professional football player, it is more about Brody and Kara, the small town of Cliffside Bay and the five best friends and their families. Even though I started out disappointed, I quickly discovered I was really enjoying this book.

This is a new to me author and I liked her smooth writing style. It was well written and there is a lot going on with multip
Bambi Rathman
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Tess Thompson and I am so looking forward to reading more!
I was drawn to the main characters, Kara and Brody instantly. This is a wonderful and touching romantic story that I couldn't stop reading. From the way Kara was brought into Brody's life to the development of their relationship....I was in it with them. I fell in love with these people and felt like I was part of the "family" as they worked through the circumstances they were in. The co-characters were
Linh
Book started out great and was very interesting. Problem is that it's a slow burn romance that went from 0-60 at around 75% (book ends at 88%) and it just ends. The ending was too abrupt and didn't really satisfy. Also this is a clean romance so there weren't any sexy times scenes.

Safety: (view spoiler)
Alisha Collins
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have found a new to me author that I cannot wait to read the rest of her books!!

Kara witnessed her father do the unthinkable one night and her life changed forever. Brody is AFL’s top player at the moment, who has sworn off romance. Kara is given a new life and moved to Cliffside Bay, California to be safe. A chance meeting turns into something Kara and Brody couldn’t ever think of.

This is a sweet romance about two people overcoming the obstacles that is their lives to find and keep love and
Linda
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this is such a good book. The story pulls you in and does not let you go. You will fall in love with all the characters in this book. It is such a touching story. Both happy and sad. It made me shed so many tears. Even in the happy parts. It has lots of happy too.

Kara is a wonderful young woman who only wanted to do the right thing. At the cost of her life as seh knew it she gave up everything to set things right. She starts a new life and meets new people who will ultimately become her fami
Sara Oxton
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Traded by Tess Thompson a four-star read that you will want more from. I know this is a sports romance and yes it is, but it’s also more there is passion, drama and a story that will take you on a journey.
Jamie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Traded: Brody and Kara

4.5 Stars

Tess Thompson is a new author to me. I really loved Ms. Thompson's style of writing, it was clean and flowed naturally, Its told from dual point of view.  After reading the blurb I was instantly excited to read this book. Sports romances are a favorite of mine. If you're looking for a sports romance this isn't necessarily book for you, it was very little to do with football other than that is Brody's profession. This is a romance, it's sugary sweet without the to
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was more of a love story with very little splash of sports.

Brody was the star quarterback that was very sensitive and family oriented. Kara was running from her past when she met Brody. She’s a huge football fan and always thought that he was jerk just by watching him on tv. How wrong was she. Brody was extremely protective of his family and his very small circle of friends.

Fate brought them together when Kara was hired to be the new live in nurse at Brody’s house taking care of his mother
Amelia Autin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up to 4.0 stars

I love Tess Thompson's writing, and there were many things about TRADED I absolutely adored. But I had a huge problem with one of the key components of the plot that kept me from giving it a higher rating.

I hate "spoilers," so I won't say what it was other than to state it wasn't the secondary characters and it wasn't the slow-developing relationship between the H/h (all of which really worked for me, by the way).

I also felt the ending was a tad abrupt. I wanted
Alissa Smith
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Classic, clean romance. This is the first in a series of books, about a group of guy friends (“The Dogs”) finding love. Solid story, likable characters-good clean fun!
Brody’s a Super Bowl Star, and Kara is the nurse practitioner hired to care for a couple of ailing family members. The kicker? Kara’s in the witness protection program, being forced to lie to everyone about her past, and reluctant to share her future.
I really liked how the story developed, and the characters, and I’m anxious to r
Amber
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a bit of a slow burn but I do love small town romances! Kara is a nurse who is in the witness protection program and starting over in a new town across the country. Brody is a star quarterback who has trust issues. She can’t tell him about her past and he knows she’s hiding something. This was a suspenseful, sweet, and interesting story! I love that it had dual POV’s! Overall, I really enjoyed this book but the ending fell short for me. It was a bit rushed. I wanted more! Lol.

*I volunt
Andrea
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tess Thompson brings life to Cliffside Bay in this novel. The book starts off with the mess of Kara's life and with Brody winning the Superbowl as a famous quarterback. They end up meeting by chance and getting thrown together and the rest you can imagine. She creates an enjoyable cast of characters.

If you are a fan of "cleaned" up romance, you would be a fan of the start of this series. I say "cleaned" up as there aren't a lot of gritty steamy scenes. The author leaves more of those scenes for
Sally Mieske
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve ever read by this author & I absolutely loved it! The characters are well developed. There’s more than one story line. Cliffside Bay sounds like a place I would love to live or even visit. Kara is a nurse practitioner. She finds herself witnessing something that can’t be overlooked, and doing the right thing means leaving everything and everyone behind. She’s relocated to Cliffside Bay. A city in California that isn’t on the map. With a new name, a rehearsed backs ...more
Gizel Alvarez
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New to me author

* I was provided a ARC for an Honest Review*

This is a new to me author and I gotta say thou I am pleased with the story I wanted more from the Hero and heroine, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the interactions with the the others but I feel like it focused on the outside just a bit more than the slow romance getting built, maybe it's jut me. Otherwise this book gives you a picture perfect of everything going on, by that I mean it truly felt like I was there.
Tricia Davis
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com/

Traded captured my heart! Sweet romance that pulled on my heart strings and had it pumping for love to follow through!

Kara never had it easy. She had a family of criminals and she did not know until she was older. She decided to turn them in which in turn forced her to go into witness protection and forever leave her old life behind.

Brody- every girls dream- sexy football player, showed t
Andrea Britton
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story! Traded: Brody and Kara is sweet romance that is light and all consuming. A story that grips you in the very beginning and keeps a hold of you until the very end.

Kara is in a place that no one ever wants to be in. Going against family can be deadly especially since her dad is/was a drug lord. She goes against him and has to be put into the witness protection program. Kara Boggs is erased and Kara Eaton is formed. She has to leave everything behind and start over.

Brody Mullen
Sara Mathis
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Traded hits home on a variety of topics. I was drawn in until the very end! Ms.Thompson never disappoints!!!
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars
This is a new author for me and a very sweet story. A romance about second chances and learning to trust again. Told in dual POV it was a really easy read. Although it lacked the heat I am used to in my stories it was definitely enjoyable and the characters were great.

I received an ARC of this book
Christie Sitterly
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Traded is a sweetly spectacular love story about overcoming the most difficult of life circumstances in order to be with the one that you love. Kara has been placed in witness protection and must remain hidden lest she be killed by those she testified against. Brody is a high profile star football player. He may prefer his small town, but he is known and recognized. Author Tess Thompson does a fabulous job in placing the reader into her character's heads so that you feel their emotions and longi ...more
Mary
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable read. I loved the setting of a quaint tightknit town in the Pacific Northwest. I've never been there but it sounds like my kind of town. The main character Kara has a terrible secret and when she meets Brody and his family things become really complicated. Thompson has a smooth style, she draws you in with superb characters and interesting dialog. The story told through Kara and then Brody's perspectives, with his friends and family each as compelling as the next. I lov ...more
Alison
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
An awesome new series from Ms Thompson. Lovable characters and interesting back stories. I can see that there are many folk in Cliffside Bay that have potential for great stories, am looking forward to them.
The only downside of the story was the ending, I felt it came on too fast and was a bit bland.
Sylvia Dominick
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this book by Tess Thompson. Never having read anything by her, I was pleasantly surprised to read a feel good book with a few twists and turns. The characters were well-defined, and several resembled people in my own life. Much happiness to Kara and Brody in their future! Thanks, Tess, for a job well done.
Jaime
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Traded takes readers through a rollercoaster of emotions. The characters are so great, and I love all of the little side stories that go on in the book. The relationships and connections between the characters are so real - I particularly love The Dogs. I look forward to reading more!
Rebecca
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
After testifying against her own father, Kara enters the Witness Protection Program.

This was my first time reading a book by this author, and I was drawn in right away by the writing style and the very first, very exciting chapter! Traded: Brody and Kara is the first in the Cliffside Bay series and introduced me to a lot of characters, including "The Dogs" (a group of men who've been friends since childhood). This story focused mostly on Brody, a star quarterback in the NFL, and Kara, who must s
Kate Rock
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strangely enough I always had dreams as a teen of being in the witness protection program. So, I was immediately interested and that part of the story is a very believable reentry for Kara into a new life in a quintessentia,l northern California beach town that the author describes perfectly. What becomes a slow burn romance is really more a "meat on the bone" family saga of strong, sage women coming into their own at later stages in life. Brody, still hurting from his father's death two years p ...more
Alexa
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

Tess Thompson was a new author to me but the blurb sounded like something I could really get into so I decided to take a chance on it and her. I will say right off the bat that although both the blurb and the title sound sports related, the book really has very little to do with sports - other than the fact that Brody is a football player. This story takes place over his season break and really is more about the little town they live in and his group of friends - who I assume the othe
Dyana Hulgan
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading a story by Tess Thompson. It is both heart warming and heart wrenching. Kara had to leave her past life behind when she entered the Witness Protection Program. This was a new experience for me to read! After winning the Super Bowl, Brody hired Kara to take care of his mom and surrogate mom, unaware of Kara's secret. Brody and Kara get closer. You will keep reading, anxiously wondering how this love story will play out! A clean, love story that you will enjoy!
Isha Coleman
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Traded: Brody and Kara (Cliffside Bay, #1) by Tess Thompson
He's living the dream. She's caught in a nightmare. Can a relationship plagued by secrets survive the revelations life has heading their way? Brody is an athlete with his eye on the prize. Kara is a woman with a ton of baggage, she's trying to leave behind. Traded started as an intriguing read that gradually pulled me in. In Cliffside Bay nothing is ever as it seems, but that's the best part.
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
After making a life altering decision to stand up for what she believes is right, Kara finds herself on the run and in witness protection needing to make a new start and a new life for herself while staying completely under the radar. She finds herself in the very quiet coastal town of Cliffside Bay, California. In desperate need of a job, Kara interviews to be a live in nurse. Now, her biggest issue will be not falling for her handsome employer!

Brody Mullen is the star quarterback in the league

Tess Thompson is a bestselling novelist of romantic suspense. She’s also a Zumba dancing queen, though the wearing of the crown is reserved for invitation-only appearances. Recently she’s participated in obstacle course races, the hardest of which was the Spartan Beast in Sun Peaks, British Columbia. It was an awful experience that will soon be included in a novel. There was running. And climbing

Cliffside Bay (4 books)
  • Deleted: Jackson and Maggie (Cliffside Bay, #2)
  • Jaded: Zane and Honor (Cliffside Bay Series Book 3)
  • Marred: Kyle and Violet (Cliffside Bay Book 4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99