Start by marking “The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)

The Little Brooklyn Bakery

(Romantic Escapes #2)

‘Irresistible’ Sunday Times bestseller Katie Fforde
Take a trip to New York and the best little bakery in Brooklyn for bagels, bakes, and more than a sprinkle of romance!

When Sophie Bennings arrives in New York, love is the last thing on her mind. Still reeling from a painful break up, she throws herself into her work as a food editor on a top-notch magazine.

Columnist Todd
Published May 25th 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Brooklyn Bakery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Brooklyn Bakery

Nicola
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Don’t you just love it when a book is as delicious on the inside as it in on the cover? I absolutely loved The Little Brooklyn Bakery and my second read by Julie Caplin over the past month or so has truly cemented her place on my must-read pile of authors.

description I’m not built for flings. I’m an all-or-nothing girl.”

Sophie was a fabulous secondary character in The Little Cafe in Copenhagen and when the spotlight is all hers she becomes even more endearing with her love of food and down-to-
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Your Heart can Rise Like Dough, Too Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This is a new to me author but that will not be happening again! I will be looking for more as she has combined the love of travel, yummy mouthwatering goodies and love in such a way... it becomes a delicious guilty pleasure.

As an old NYC gal, this going to Brooklyn was a delight. The characters, the local places and just the unique feel of it all sang to me. I also was able to enjoy all the sweet treats without the calories.
Claire Robinson
5 - "It’s always about the food with you." Stars!

The second book in Julie Caplins’ City Bakes/Romantic Getaways series takes us to New York, and The Little Brooklyn Bakery more specifically.

Life didn’t get better than this…

So, I have read two books by this author in as many weeks, and I already know without a doubt that we are going to have a long and happy relationship. I didn’t think I could love this book more than its predecessor; The Little Café in Copenhagen or the main hero from that bo
Pattie
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had fun reading this!!
Amanda
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Mediocre at best

I hate writing negative reviews. I read the book in one day and the author should leave herself in England or learn American speech patterns. I struggled with it because it jarred me out of my reading every time. Which would seem like a small thing but every few pages to sometimes every page becomes annoying. I question where her editor was.

The story itself was typical with expected end results. It’s a cookie cutter story line.
Kelly
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely feel good book, packed with fun adventures and food. I loved Bella & Sophie from the offset, they are likeable characters that you feel like you could sit down and have a coffee with.

The whole story had a light feel to it and the chapters seemed to flow effortlessly to weave this lovely story.

I really enjoyed this book and was disappointed when I reached the end, I now want to read the others in this series.
Alayne Emmett
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was slightly disappointed in this book as it was so predictable in the way the story was written.
This is a second in a series but, it read as a first so that didn’t spoil things.
It was a very light read but not as good as other I have read by other authors.
Xerxia
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am so disappointed with that ending. It’s as if the author simply ran out of steam. Not even an epilogue to give at least a clue. Ugh.

Now that I’ve started complaining, I have to mention the aspect of this book that drove me absolutely frigging mental. Heroine is a Londoner spending six months in New York. A lot of the story then hinges on her discovering New York and all of the vast differences between it and England. Except it’s clear that the author has no clue what Americans sound like. T
Lynn Brown
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is pure chick lit and I just loved it. I read it in a couple of sittings and couldn't wait to get back to it. Being set in New York was a winner right off for me, but the writing was so wonderful that I really felt I was there. Thank goodness for Google street view as I found myself looking up some of the locations in the book, including the Brooklyn Public Library - what a building! which I appreciated even more in the book when I had seen it for myself.

To me the dream location would be li
Kathleen Gray
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely escapist chick lit. Yep, that's what it is. Sophie has had a shock finding out what a rat her love is so she moves to Brooklyn for a change of scenery. How lucky she is to find an apartment above a bakery and to meet Todd, who is also a writer. These two have a wonderful repartee and the story never flags. You know the plot, don't you? That doesn't matter because Caplin does such a nice job with the characters and frankly with Brooklyn as well. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is a h ...more
Nicola Clough
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant from the first page so gripping and full of starting over again and romance and of course food especially cakes bagels and more. Wanted to give the book far more than the five stars as so deserves it. The characters are brilliant and such an easy read and so hooking from the first page. Totally irresistible and you think you are there with the characters amazing setting in New York. It's amazing setting in the bakery is open to so much and I highly recommend this book as so ...more
Isabella May
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical!

OK, I'm officially addicted to this series. After falling in love with The Little Cafe in Copenhagen, I was worried this next title wouldnt have quite the pull and verve. But it does. In bucket and spade fulls. To read a Julie Caplin novel is something akin to diving into a decadent hot chocolate topped with the sweetness of marshmallows and the seductiveness of whipped cream. The steamy scenes definitely don't get left outside the bedroom door!!! Looking forward to what Paris has in sto
Lisa M
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet story (literally thanks to the delicious sounding cakes!) and an easy, predictable read but I liked it. There was 1 small part character, Kate, whose story I believe was focused on in the first book in the series so I want to read that as I really liked her.
Kim
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Despite some small flaws I really enjoyed this story. Julie Caplin has a knack for writing interesting characters. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Melody
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
...

This book has good bones, but needs a bit of work.

I found myself slightly irritated by the fact that despite the story being set in America with one primary character being British, all of the characters spend the length of the story speaking to each using very British phrasing. They don't sound American at all.
It made reading the book so much less enjoyable for me.
It just didn't match up. There were also several editing issues that made we wonder if it was self-published.
Serena Louise
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Serena Louise by: harper impulse
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The little Brooklyn bakery is my first contemporary read this year and thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to review it honestly.

Wow. What a read! I've read this over the course of a few days in between work and I can say it is one of the best, often funny and emotional contemporaries I have read. I've been in a reading pile of murder mysteries and cop dramas, and it has been so refreshing to find a romance by a new author to me.

We follow Sophie, a talented food writer who ups and moves to
Angela  Mellor
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Little Brooklyn Bakery is the second in the series with The Little Cafe in Copenhagen and in the first we met Sophie and she is the main character this time in this second instalment. This is a definite chic lit read and I have to be honest it took me a few chapters to get into this for some reason but when I did I couldn't put it down.
Sophie is a character I would like to get to know as she seemed very caring, realistic and knows how to cook food!!!!!!
This book should come with a warning th
Emma
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane Hunt
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sophie who we met in the first book in this series set in Copenhagen, is the main protagonist in this romantic and fun-filled story. New York beckons, but Sophie isn't interested until she suffers a devastating break- up with her boyfriend and needs to escape.

Love is the last thing on her mind but she when she meets Todd, her good intentions fly out the window, despite his bad boy reputation.

She has a flat above a bakery in Brooklyn and soon meets it's opinionated but kind-hearted Bella and her
Linniegayl
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed other books by the author set in Paris and Copenhagen but almost didn’t read this as it’s set in Brooklyn (and I’ve had an urge lately for European settings). Fortunately I gave it a try.

Sophie is a delightful heroine. While Todd’s commitment phobia got tiring at times, it was understandable as we got to know his family.

Overall I enjoyed this and would give it a B. I do hope that Sophie’s friend Conrad (only mentioned but never puts in an appearance) gets her story at some point.
Bev
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sugary sweet but satisfying, I loved this cupcake filled, treat of a story. Bring a keen baker I don’t think it’s going to help my diet though, as I’m now desperate to get in the kitchen and create some delicious cakes! I had guessed how it would end already but that didn’t stop the happy sigh when I realised I was right. A great relaxing weekend read.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
As with the first in this series, I couldn’t put The Little Brooklyn Bakery down. The flaws are the same (running too long and lacking in editing), but the joys are too.

Our heroine Sophie was one of the journalists on the hygge trip to Cophenhagen, the only one not to have a real arc of her own in that book, which now makes perfect sense. In The Little Café in Copenhagen, Sophie talks about her happy relationship, but there’s clearly something off about it. Sophie thought the problem was that he
Sian Allen
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why can’t I move to Brooklyn, meet incredibly handsome men and bake fabulous cakes. Really enjoyed this book, the romance was lovely and the interaction between the characters kept me smiling. This book has helped pull me out of a reading slump. Will definitely look to read more of her books
K is for Cathy
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
What is not to enjoy when you have a cute story, colorful characters, food and a great location with a tour of Brooklyn and Manhattan. Add that up and you get a great book to read.
Robin Loves Reading
After a nasty breakup, Sophie Jennings makes the snap decision to leave London to accept a six-month position as a food editor for a top-notch magazine in New York. When she meets fellow worker Todd McLennan, she is amazed at her reaction to him because of her recently ended relationship. Todd likes he just as much but is quite clear that he doesn’t at want anything serious.

It was rather enjoyable to read of the yummy food and treats. It was also quite easy to understand the limitations that So
Rebecca
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book right before spending the week in Brooklyn, and the timing couldn't have been better! I loved this book-the characters were likable and relatable, the plot moved at a good pace, and the writing was wonderful. A great read if you want to escape for a little while!

I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.
Nicki
What an absolutely fabulous read this was. I’m so pleased I got approved for this on NetGalley as I loved the first book in this Romantic Escapes Trilogy.

This second book is just as good as the first, how do authors do that? I fell in love with New York, the bakery and Todd, the Man About Town columnist who Sophie shares an office with.

I loved the bakery where Sophie helps Bella the owner, who also happens to be her landlady and Todd’s cousin. The descriptions of the cakes and bakes sounded deli
julianne
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absolute pleasure to read, I loved the characters and the setting. Will recommend this to anyone who loves chick-lit and is happy to spend an afternoon lost in a book.

thanks to NetGalley for the advance copy in return for an honest unbiased review.
Literary Soirée
A charming and very funny Book #2 in Julie Caplin’s Romantic Escapes series. The bustle of Brooklyn and a deliciously scented apartment over a bakery provide the perfect setting for food editor Sophie Bennings to rebuild her life. She’s relocated to New York from London for work, after a devastating breakup with a secretly married boyfriend.

Starting from scratch in a new city and new country is no easy feat for anyone. But Sophie finds her way with pluck and good humor. Meeting columnist Todd M
Meg Dean
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, lovely, and fun! Chick Lit at it's best :c)
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Around the Year i...: The Little Brooklyn Bakery, by Julie Caplin 1 7 Jan 13, 2019 06:58AM

• The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill
  • Forget me not
  • Summer Secrets at the Apple Blossom Deli
  • Love, Lies and Wedding Cake
  • Right Before Your Eyes
  • Falling Is Like This
  • Spring Beginnings (Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Cafe, #1)
  • The Single Girl's Calendar
  • Christmas at Mistletoe Cove (Hope Island #3)
  • Dead in the Water
  • Sagas of the Icelanders
  • Spanish Disco
  • Netið
  • Lala Pettibone's Act Two
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  • The Gin Shack on the Beach
  • Whatever Happened to Vicky Hope's Back Up Man?

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)