Start by marking “Dreams of My Heart (Reluctant Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreams of My Heart (Reluctant Brides, #1)

Dreams of My Heart

(Reluctant Brides #1)

Can A Reluctant Bride and Her New Husband Fall in Love Despite Their Wounded Hearts?

Plucky Irish immigrant Kate O’Brien struggles to hang on to her brother’s homestead after his death in a suspicious cattle stampede. If she’s unable to pay off the loan that paid for her ticket to America, she will be forced to marry the banker’s rogue son, Rafe Hamilton.

When Kate is
Published April 1st 2018 by Mountain Brook Ink

To ask other readers questions about Dreams of My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams of My Heart

Start your review of Dreams of My Heart (Reluctant Brides, #1)
September
I was given the book with no expectation of a positive review and the review is my own.

Barbara J. Scott'sDreams of My Heart is not an easy read; not because it's poorly written or contains graphic material, but because it handles so many sensitive themes with such grace. The best way I can think of to explain the feelings I experienced while readingDreams of My Heart is to quote Eustace Scrubb from C.S. Lewis'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

"The very first tear he made was so deep that I thought
Edward Arrington
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know I am getting too wrapped up in a book when I find myself wanting to snuff out one of the characters. Thus it was with Rafe Hamilton. I think the problem for me is that I know people like him actually are alive and well today and nothing seems to stop them. Every way Kate and Buck turned, Rafe always seemed to be one step ahead. How can a person like him even live with himself? Before Buck came along, what made Kate think she could take care of the homestead by herself? Did she honestly ...more
Melissa
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Barbara J. Scott. I was skeptical as always when I first read a new author. However, Ms. Scott's writing style really grabbed me from the beginning. Her characters are well defined. The storyline is well developed and researched. Historical fiction is always better when it is based on true history and true facts from the time.
Kate and Buck are brought together through unusual circumstances. However, each comes with wounds and stubbornness. I was really drawn to Kate and
Cindy Nipper
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DREAMS OF MY HEART by Barbara Scott
5 stars
April 22, 2019
What an incredible and difficult journey this couple traversed to find true love! This book covers sexual and physical abuse, but keeps it mostly in the readers imagination. This is definitely a strong Christian book filled with sinners sinning and God redeeming and reconciling them! There's absolutely nothing predictable about this marriage or the crazy man who's against it! I was kept on pins and needles wondering how they were going to
Kathy Anderson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
Kate 'O Brien is a plucky spirited young woman holding onto her brother's ranch to the best of her ability. Buck McKean is looking for a ranch to buy. Tensions run high when Buck rides up to Kate's ranch. After a rocky start, Kate hires Buck as a ranch foreman.
Rafe Hamilton wants Kate and her ranch. Nothing will stop home in pursuing both even if he has to put a scare into Kate by vandalizing her property at night.
Barbara J Scott has written a suspenseful romance book There
Barbara Thompson
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
I found this book, Dreams of My Heart, is a fantastic book. It's a great western that the characters had troubles, but in those days most of the people did. Author Barbara J. Scott wrote a well-written storyline that I enjoyed. I never knew what would happen and it really kept my interest. To me, it's a classic western that's Christian and you don't see often. I love it. I hope there will be more of these types of books. Looking forward to more of these books from the wonderful Author Barbara J. ...more
PAMpublish
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well-written, heartwarming and intriguing story about a plucky Irish girl finding herself alone on her deceased brother's Montana spread, unwilling to part with it in memory of her brother's hard work despite pressure from a rogue neighbor. Along comes Buck McKean, who by way of town pressure, marries Kate to save her reputation. Yet, the marriage is rocky related to many of Kate's past issues which involves many trials and tribulations to work through. The author is superb in relating the ...more
Becky Lewis
Kate O’Brien has inherited her brother’s run-down ranch in the Montana Territory, circa 1875. Unsavory neighbor Rafe Hamilton has long been after both Kate and her land. Thinking to help Kate, Bill Stricklin,owner of the mercantile, gives stranger Buck McKean a good recommendation to buy her land.

Buck rides out to the ranch, but can only convince Kate to hire him as foreman. Things become complicated when Buck is forced to stay overnight to protect Kate from marauders.

What a surprise awaits this
Sharon Huffaker
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a pre-release copy of this book, for an honest review. It has a great story line of life in Montana in the 1800's. Kate leaves her homeland of Ireland and comes to America where she inherits her brothers ranch upon his death. The author captures Kate personality and "old world" traditions beautifully. I totally enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone that likes to read historical novels about the "Old West"
Delane Moore
Apr 14, 2018
Barbara Scott
is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2018

• The Widow's Plight (The Quilting Circle Series, #1)
  • Heartbeats in Time: Five Novels of Old West Christian Romance
  • Pursued (Intrigue under Western Skies #1)
  • Love Finds You in Last Chance, California
  • Hills of Nevermore (Montana Gold #1)
  • Escaped (Intrigue Under Western Skies Book 4)
  • Hope (Prairie Roses Collection #3)
  • Lord of Her Heart
  • An Agent for Jessica (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #19)
  • With Endless Sight (Crossroads of Grace #3)
  • Speak Through the Wind (Crossroads of Grace #2)
  • A Perfect Weakness
  • Memories of Glass
  • The Wyoming Heir
  • The Pink Bonnet
  • Cowboy Charm School (The Haywire Brides, #1)
  • Bordertown Gypsy (The River #1)
  • Cheyenne Sunrise (Montana Gold #2)

Barbara J. Scott, an inspirational author and editor, released her first novella with Gilead Publishing in late 2016 titled “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” that appears in SLEIGH BELLS RING: FOUR CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE NOVELLAS. Her latest novel, DREAMS OF MY HEART, the first book in the Reluctant Brides historical romance series, will be released April 1, 2018, by Mountain Brook Ink. Her best-selling