Start by marking “Finders Keepers” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

Needinga change of scene, Griffin Burke moves from Brisbane to Coolum Beach to start a new job. The beautiful white sand, aqua-coloured ocean, blue skies, and summer breezes are everything he longs for. What he finds is a mud-covered dog, lost and hungry, with a nametag and a phone number.

Dane Hughes is stuck in Surfers Paradise at a week-long work conference when he gets
Published February 2nd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Start your review of Finders Keepers
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

This is a story about a boy and his (lost) dog, and about the dog (now drenched, dirty, and hungry) and another boy who rescues him. And finally it's about both boys and THEIR dog.

Some books are so fluffy, it's like eating cotton candy: all sugar, no substance. And some books are so gritty, you need a shot of vodka to dull the pain.

But THIS book is refreshingly simple, like a fresh, organic, juicy strawberry is simple: perfectly sweet, delicious, satisfying.

Finders Keepers is a
JV (semi-hiatus)
5 cover lovin', tail waggin', adorkable stars!

For the love of all that is holy, this book stirs and lures out the inner romantic and the animal lover in me!

Coolum Beach, Queensland, Australia - Griffin Burke has just been recently given a promotion, not quite the hotel reception management level he's expecting, but a second-tier one which was good enough for him to relocate from Brisbane to Coolum Beach. Unexpectedly and luckily enough, he finds this grubby, Ewok-y dog one rainy day named
~Mindy Lynn~
3.5 Stars!

I was in the mood for something light and fluffy and saw many reviews stating this one was a sweet and easy read with zero angst. It was just what I was wanting and this book definitely delivered.

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet and to the point because I got a full day of RL crap to get to.

I really enjoyed that there was no drama. It was easy flowing from beginning to end. I thought the way these two men met and fell in love was really sweet. The dog was very cute. I liked how
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

This fucking book!!

I just want to squeeze its face and pinch its cheeks! Gah!

Every time I look at that cover it just makes me grin uncontrollably.

Go on. Take a good look. How does that not make you smile?

So this is exactly what the blurb says.

If you need to just roll around in some sugary cloud of the most adorable endearing fluff with a good dash of sexy, Walker hits a homerun with this!

Enjoy!
☆ Todd
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it

Suuuuuuuper fluffy & sweet, and suuuuuuper low conflict in this one.

Griffin and Dane were both really lovable MC's, with their celebrity good looks and easy-going attitudes, so I really liked both guys quite a bit.

And Wicket felt a bit like one of the main characters as well, more so toward the beginning of the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "getting to know one another" parts toward the start, then the bit of drama at the end surrounding the surfing lesson and Bernice's health.

But,
Barbara➰
Runaway pup results in a sweet romance starting with text, phone calls and pictures. In the words of Griffin...
"It was tender rocking, deep kisses, spine-tingling, ball-aching, cock-throbbing good."

This is one of those books where you just sit back and enjoy it. There's no struggles. No fights or drama. No other people trying to ruin it. No crazy self-doubts or insecurities leading to stupid misunderstandings or separations. It's just easy going, sweet fluff.

I rather liked it.
"Being joined
.Lili.
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m

Finders Keepers by NR Walker was just what the doctor ordered. This book was just an honest to god feel-good story. It's about an adventurous pup who found himself far from and the stranger who found and looks after him until his dad can come and get him. I swear, I agree with the guys, Wicket (the dog) totally knew what he was doing.

Some highlights:

-Dane (Wicket's dad) and Griffin (savior) are two of the most lovable characters I've read. They were so adorable!

-Wicket, the dog. He had a big
Meags
4.5 Stars

If you’re looking for a feel-good M/M romance with absolutely zero relationship angst, then this is the story for you.

Griffin Burke has just moved to Coolum Beach (on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland) to start a new job. While out and about discovering his beautiful new town, he stumbles across a fluffy little dog that seems to be lost and scared. As all decent people would, Griffin takes the pup home and loves on him a ridiculously cute amount, finally calling the number on the dog tag
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Super cute.
Somewhat steamy.
A lot sweet.

#wicketforthewin
Eli Easton
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love all of NR Walker's books. Most recently I adored "On Davis Row". "Finders Keepers" is a much lighter, cute, contemporary story and, unsurprisingly, it was a delight to read. Recommended.
Renée
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lili was right. This was chicken soup for the soul. And after a truly craptastic January, I needed it.
Deborah
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is such a cute sweet read.
It’s also the first book I’ve read from this author which is surprising since I’ve got so many on my to-read list.

The book opens with Griffin moving from Brisbane to Coolum Beach. He’s enjoying a few days off before he starts his new job when he finds a lost dog. The dog, Wicket proves to be excellent company as Griffin familiarises himself with the area.

Dane left his beloved dog with his parents while he’s away on business. His mum’s distraught when Wicket
Gigi
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was all kinds of warm and fuzzy and I loved it, but I was a little disappointed with the “fade to black” sex during the last half if the book. Guess I’ll go and read one of Ms. Walker’s racier titles to get my fix.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

This book had me smiling from start to finish!

Sometimes you want a sweet and cute, low angst read that makes your heart pitter patter and your face hurt from smiling. This book did that for me.

This is one of those books where you genuinely feel like you're just along for the ride. A voyeur looking into the lives of two people who meet and fall in love.

This had heart, humor, heat...and a dog! I mean, that's the dream right?

And that cover?? PERFECTION!

Image result for PERFECTION GIF
Janie
This story is adorable and sweet. Loved both MCs and the secondary characters definitely added to the story.
*TANYA*
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2019
Another sweet, endearing book by N.R. Walker!! I really enjoyed this story. I’m not sure why I waited to read this, but it’s a keeper for sure!!
Amy
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***4.5 stars***Best meet cute I've read in a long time!

Griffin has recently relocated to Coolum Beach for his job. While out exploring his new city, he finds a lost dog. He texts the owner whose number is on the tag.

Unfortunately Dane is stuck out of town at a work conference. His parents were watching the dog, Wicket, when he ran away. Griffin offers to keep Wicket until Dane gets back.

Griffin provides Dane with daily text updates of his adventures with Wicket. The relationship that ensues
Annika
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook review

Finders Keepers is the epitome of a cutesy and fluffy book. Though It doesn’t feel shallow or simple. It’s straightforward without any added drama. It’s also really perfect from beginning to end.

Finders Keepers is a love story through and through. The love between a man and his dog. The love between two men and the love they have for the new shared dog. The friendship with Griffin’s seventy-something landlady and her lover K, and I have to say I’m a huge fan of those two,
BWT (Belen)
It (sort of) starts with a text...
Hi. I left some voicemails… I think I found your dog.

Dane Hughes left his beloved pooch, Wicket, with his Mum and Dad in Caloundra while he attends a mandatory work conference in Surfers Paradise. When his mum calls frantic because Wicket's run away, Dane is crushed but unable to do anything about it.

Then he receives the text message and some voice mails from a guy who says he found a dog.

Griffin Burke got a promotion which meant moving from Brisbane to Coolum
Jennifer☠Pher☠
So super cute. The beginning just swept me back to when phone calls were everything. They were so intimate and sometimes even better than being together in person. Of course, at my age this was a real phone…but anyway.

This was really super cute. Sometimes you just need an easy breezy romance and this totally delivered. I loved how they met. I loved the texts and the calls and the getting to know each other. But hey, this wasn’t just sweet it was extremely sexy. These boys got it on and got it on
Elsbeth

Totally cute and awesome comfort read with an adorable HEA. Wicket was absolutly the star is this book!!

Will be revisiting often.

description

"Finding him that day was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Because then I found you."

"Finders keepers?"

"For always."

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
This was super sweet. I loved Bernice. I LOVED Wicket. He was adorable. I think this story hit me at the right time.
haletostilinski
This was so good!

Full RTC...

~*~
This was such a cute, fluffy, adorable, sexy read from Walker. Her books have been such wins for me lately. I've just adored every book I've read from her for awhile now and this was no different.

When Griffin moves for a new promotion in his job, he's still has a few days before it starts in his new town, so he goes hiking, and when he's done, he comes across a cute, small dog. At first Griffin thinks an owner is around somewhere and he leaves, but the next days
Annika
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 stars

Look this way all doggie lovers, this is the book for you!

This book is all sweetness and mushiness and fluffy, though with some mud thrown in for good measure. After all, you can't expect a dog to be out in the rain and dirt to come home clean can you?

I might have some experience in that area; let me share a picture of my baby brother after he's had some fun... We mere humans didn't have quite as much fun trying to get him clean again =P

Griffin is new to town and is out exploring
Denise H.
* Our setting is Australia here, and this is a cute story with terrific banter, snark and sweetness. The dog is adorable, even when he's a dirty mess and Wicket is a big part of the story. Dane's dog ran away from Dane's parents while he was at a work conference. Griffin found him and calls the tag number, and the fun begins.
Dane is 26, with dark hair and eyes, and works in Coolum as a phone tech at Telstra.
Griffin is 24, has short brown hair and blue eyes, and works as a front desk clerk at
Sheri
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Walker has fine-tuned the art of feel good stories to perfection. Her books are always polished with an extra dose of sunshine and happiness. Finders Keepers is a prime example of this. The cover gives you a solid idea of what to expect; cute guy, cute pup and a couple of cute smiles.

It’s a pretty straightforward plot; Griffin moves to a new town and he’s out exploring when he spots a friendly dog at a trail head. Assuming the owner is nearby he heads home. However, when he returns the following
Bev
 photo SnoopyHearts_zpsdde64b5d.gif

4.25 stars from me. Yes, this was sugary sweet but it's so nice to read a [practically] angst-free story nowadays. A HEA, a bit of a back story to Griffin's landlady Bernice, and a wonderful dog called Wicket who brought his owner Dane, and the probable love of his life Griffin, together. Cute. Ooh, btw, this is Coolum Beach....

photo coolum-beach-australia-1_zpshvfjqwrt.jpg

gorgeous eh??.....
Meep
Cutesy-meet. This is going to depend on your tolerance of sweet fluff. I gave up at 42% which probably means I'm a bitter, bitter person.

The guys are lovely; sweet, funny, happy, well-adjusted people. The dog adorable. The setting is a sun drenched beach. There's a stoner landlady thrown in for quirkiness.

Just there's no tension at all, nothing to discover, no reason to keep reading. To me the characters were interchangeable I already couldn't tell you which was which! The story is told in
Andrea
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, romance, favorites
Griffin's eyes met mine and his smile turned shy, and I knew -I just knew- he felt the same. He was in this as much as I was. This incredible, ridiculous thing that we'd found ourselves in. The beginning of something wonderful, of something perfect. Of something permanent.

Awww. I think I just found my ultimate comfort read! Nothing bad happens, there is absolutely zero drama, no one does anything stupid to upset me... You just get two incredibly adorable guys -plus one cute dog- finding each
Sanaa
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars.

It pains me to write this review, but this book just didn't work for me. The beginning started off amazing, and then somewhere during the halfway point I seemed to loose interest. The only thing that made me finish the book was Dane's dog, Wicket. He stole my heart. And I'm really tempted to get a dog, even if there's a chance that my mom might kick me out and never come visit me.

An arc was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Turning Pages At ...: Finder's Keepers (M/M Buddy Read) by N. R. Walker 51 21 Feb 21, 2018 06:13AM

• Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Color Me In (Last Chance #2)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Forget Me Not (The Unforgettable Duet #1)
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Remember Me When (The Unforgettable Duet, #2)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Second Wind
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Rocket Science
  • Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Dantès Unglued (Ward Security, #2)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they
“You can not ask him and die wondering. Or you can do what grown-ups do and be grown-up about it and ask him outright. Like a grown-up.” 1 likes
“This was butterfly-inducing, blood-warming, heart-skipping. This was the beginning of something very special. Was it love? Was I ready to call it that? Was I ready to hand over my heart to a guy I’d only known for a few weeks? Or maybe the better question was, did I even have a choice?” 1 likes