Start by marking “Royal Crown: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess” as Want to Read:
Royal Crown: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess

Royal Crown: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess

(From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  498 ratings  ·  75 reviews
It’s the first coronation of a female monarch of Genovia in 200 years, and Her Royal Highness, Princess Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison, is giving you the inside scoop in this newest (illustrated!) diary from New York Times—bestselling author and illustrator Meg Cabot!

Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison should be having fun. Her best friend is visiting from
Published August 7th 2018 by Feiwel Friends

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Royal Crown: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess
Katie
This rating may be too high. It's FINE, but it also feels like a retread. Like, yes, I saw Mia go through all these things however many years ago. It's fun to see glimpses of characters, but I'm not sure this series has ever really managed to shine on its own. Something brand new probably would've been better.
SuperWendy
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cabot's Princess Diaries world is my happy place. For me it's like tap-dancing unicorns farting out rainbow sprinkles while I gorge myself on cupcakes. This starts out a little shaky (I wasn't sold on the royal babysitting service at first blush) but it picks up steam once the author gives Olivia some decent tween conflict to work with (her friends are "maturing" faster than she is). Cute and exactly what I expect from this series.
Clarissa Krigger
I will never stop reading

I been reading princess diaries books since I was 14 years old. A little over a decade later I'm still reading after falling in love with Olivia. These books still let me have glimpses of Mia and the lot and it makes me happy.
♡AbbyBooks♡
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Review to come]
Beth Gonzalez
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Headed for a Meltdown?

I am an adult who has been reading the Princess Diaries for years. I am concerned about the character Olivia. She seemed focused on being good and moral and doing the right thing and yet, she seems to get used and abused by everyone around her. Her dad ignores her, her sister barely acknowledges her and uses her for babysitting. Worst is her cousin who says and dreadful things that are known lies and yet, Olivia believes every bad thing Louisa tells her. It seems the only
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Royal Crown is the fourth book in this middle grade series.

If you've read any of the Princess Diaries books then this is a cute companion series.

I really enjoy Olivia and I like reading about Genovia and all things royal. However, I would definitely love a YA or adult book.

This book is obviously aimed towards younger readers. However, it seems odd to me that all of these 13 year old kids have boyfriends. Plus some of the other subjects in this particular book would make it a bit less appropriate
Denise Lauron
I have enjoyed most of Meg Cabot's books. This one was no exception. I enjoyed that this series had many of the same characters as the Princess Diaries series. I was a little confused because the father had died in that series and was alive and well in this one. I'll have to go back and figure out what happened there.
Kylara Jensen
Cute and basically just what I eoukd expect from this book. In a good way.

A lot of good feminist stuff and good rhetoric. Talks about real stuff like periods and why relationship games are dumb.

The only thing I didnt like was the emphasis on kissing. Like dude. Its ok to not be kissing at 13
Sage Elizabeth
2.) Royal Wedding
3.) Royal Crown
Jennifer Brown
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written story for middle school aged kids (or really anyone but mainly them). I enjoyed reading about Olivia and her friends & family. Some of the royal tips she talks about should be used in everyday life. The author needs to make a book of just them!
Valerie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This book was just *so* sweet. It was full of amazing messages for younger readers, and also had a cute romance in it (like most -all?) Meg Cabot books do. And the parts with Mia, Michael, Rocky, and Grandmère were just so adorable and *squee*. I doubt I'll ever "out-grow" these types of books. Need more Princess Diaries books! Also, Olivia is a great character, and an amazing role model for younger readers.
Francesca
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Meg Cabot's writing. I have been following her books since the very first Princess Diaries book came out. I love this shift into the middle grade. I think these are super fun and easy quick reads. This book was incredibly predictable, but I feel like that just didn't matter to me. I still had so much fun reading this.
Amarie35
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. You never know what Princess Olivia is gonna get her self into.
Barbara
In the fourth title in this series, Olivia is worried about whether her friendship with Prince Khalil is the start of a possible romance. Amid threats that the coronation of her sister Mia won't actually come to pass due to complications, Olivia starts feeling inadequate and immature due to her cousin Luisa's comments and her own best friend Nishi's preoccupation with her boyfriend back home. While some of this is fairly familiar territory, it is hard to resist Olivia's personality or fail to ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Another adorable Olivia book by Meg Cabot. I love getting to see some of the characters that I grew up with, as well as meet new ones. Olivia and Khalil are just adorable, and I still love Mia and Michael. I've already been feeling the urge to re-read my favorite books in the Princess Diaries series, now I really have to.
Amanda
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Great way to end the series but I really hope there’s a 5th one
The ending was a fantastic and I loved Olivia through the whole book!
Great book and enjoyed it very much!
Shannon
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh so fun! I can't get anything done when I'm in the middle of one of these books. I wish there were way more than four :( But I really wish there were more adult Mia books. Hopefully there will be some books down the road from her POV in her new roles. Pretty please?
Wanda
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just really loved this book. Such a cute and fun read (and I think there are some pretty good life lessons in it, as well!)
Stephanie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I think maybe there is something that Meg Cabot wants her young readers to take away from each book, it’s kind of like each book was one of those infamous Grandmère Princess Lessons.

In book #4, Princess Olivia comes learns how to deal with some of her first major drama with her peers, friends and even her extended family. While her sister Princess Mia adjusts to motherhood and trying to get through her coronation, which Princess Olivia and their cousin Luisa are also involved in.

With each
Sierra
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every young girl needs this series. WoC protagonist, super feminist ideals that show boys and girls can be friends and equals, and open discussion about puberty and periods. This finale was a royal treat! I <3 Olivia.
Shinrinyoku
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always thought Luisa was a pampered, spoiled snob but while reading this book I realised she might be a potential criminal. I don't care what is happening with her family. Others have it worse.
It is truly admirable of Olivia to handle each situation so gracefully despite her inner turmoil. She is a very good person and a great princess.
Susan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Princess Olivia is growing up. Her friend from the states is in Genova to help celebrate her sister Mia’s coronation which gets challenged by a cousin and the girls run a baby-sitting business during the preparations. Find out more about what happens between Olivia and Prince Khalil in this installment of From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess.
Kevin Walsh
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the series and getting to check in with some of the old characters. My favorite new character is Lana's daughter Purple Iris (NOT Blue Ivy).
Nasty Lady MJ
To see review with gifs click here.

I really wish Meg Cabot would write stuff for her older fans again. I get that she’s trying to expand her audience. But God damn it, I have read her stuff for seventeen years and I feel like I’m at my wit’s end since she’s only published kiddie books the past few years.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think her new Princess Diaries series is bad. I’d probably enjoy it if I was like ten. But I am a grown ass woman, and even the mere thought of seeing artwork of
reenie
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akilah
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poc, jan, 2019
This book is adorable and fiercely feminist (which...of course).

I loved the girls' discussion of puberty ("And maybe you're a little jealous because you've never experienced the natural beauty that is menarche?"--I almost hollered laughing on the plane) as well as all the stuff about communication (who should text first? should you call? etc). I think these are valid concerns of most kids in that age group, and both topics were handled with Cabot's usual grace and humor.

There's a bit about
Jeanne
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize that this was part of a series when I picked it up (come on publishers, tell me so I can find the first one!) so that didn't help. And I get that this is geared towards younger readers. But despite some smart and funny moments, it was so simplistic. I've read other books aimed at this demographic that were simple enough to be accessible but weren't dumbed down. There were a number of times I rolled my eyes. Things that weren't that big of a deal were blown out of proportion, ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Royal Crown (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess) by Meg Cabot, 217 pages. Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan), 2018. $17.

Content: G

BUYING ADVISORY: EL - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

It is almost the day for Princess Mia’s coronation as the ruler of Genovia and her little sister Grace is very excited. But what is this – their evil cousin is taking them to court saying that his sun is more pure Genovian than Mia and he deserves the crown. While worrying about the crown, Grace has to
Liralen
Gosh. If Mia & co. had gotten up to half the mischief that Olivia and her miscreant contemporaries get up to, Grandmère would have shipped them off to the dungeon. The pre-wine cellar dungeon. (Mind, I'm talking more about Olivia's juvenile delinquent friends than I am about Olivia. Olivia is a bit of a good-two-shoes...which, don't get me wrong, probably works in her favour as a modern young royal.)

Ah well. It's generally entertaining, even if virtually nothing happens on-page (the big
Talycat45
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like princesses with a twist of modern day and girl drama
I think this is a really cool book. It's the fourth one in the series, and it was pretty cool, except for the fact that I feel like it was a little too mature. I definitely agree this is a middle school book, and most definitely for GIRLS because of all the GIRL DRAMA. But I still like her twist to the end! Olivia (the main character) is still pretty cool, and a little bit like me but more fierce and artistic. She can also handle things very well instead of thinking things through a little ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Royal Crown [Book 4] 3 7 Oct 07, 2018 04:06PM

• Seeing Red (Whatever After, #12)
  • TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)
  • Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5)
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • TBH, Too Much Drama (TBH, #3)
  • Born to Rock (Middle School, #11)
  • Too Good to Be True (The Mostly Miserable Life of April Sinclair, #2)
  • Can You Say Catastrophe? (The Mostly Miserable Life of April Sinclair, #1)
  • Best Babysitters Ever (Best Babysitters Ever, #1)
  • Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After, #11)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Unruly Royals, #2)
  • TBH, This Is So Awkward (TBH, #1)
  • TBH, IDK What's Next (TBH, #4)
  • R Is for Rebel (Unruly Royals, #4)
  • Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)
  • Past Perfect Life
  • The Astonishing Maybe
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she

From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess (4 books)
  • From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #1)
  • Royal Wedding Disaster (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #2)
  • Royal Crush (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #3)
“A smile is your friend—and also your best weapon. Show a friendly face, and your enemy will be so charmed, he’ll never know what hit” 0 likes