Start by marking “Trish Trash: Rollergirl of Mars Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Trish Trash: Rollergirl of Mars Omnibus

Trish Trash: Rollergirl of Mars Omnibus

(Trish Trash #1-3)

200 years from now, Trish “Trash” Nupindju lives on the newly inhabited Mars, whose settlers live under harsh and ruthless conditions. Trish dreams of only one thing: becoming a hoverderby star. It seems like making the professional derby team is the only way to escape a future of poverty on her parents’ farm. But, what happens when a half-dead Martian shows up on her ...more
Published January 8th 2019 by Super Genius

To ask other readers questions about Trish Trash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trish Trash

Start your review of Trish Trash: Rollergirl of Mars Omnibus
gypsydreams
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While living on a newly inhabited Mars to overcome the trials and hardships of their hardscrabble life Trish chases a dream to be a hoverderby star to take her away from life on the farm but things become interesting when a half-dead native of the planet shows up at the door.I also gave this to my adult kids to read as they love this format great story with a twist I was given a copy of this book free for an open and honest review namaste :)
Paul
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The art and story are great. I really enjoyed the fact it is driven by a good plot and not finding ways to sexualize the female characters.
Eamonn Murphy
‘Trish Trash: Rollergirl Of Mars Omnibus’ is a graphic novel by Jessica Abel with background and design by Lydia Roberts and colours by Walter. I’m not sure what background and design mean. Originally released in three parts, the story is here collected into one big lovely edition with full colour printed on shiny paper.
Trish is a lively, intelligent, likeable character and the story neatly combines the several threads of her life as a moisture farmer, her interaction with a Martian, her
CR
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My Review: This graphic novel had an interesting style as well as an intriguing storyline. People have always wondered what it would be like to live in space and this graphic novel shows that, but with aliens and higher tech. But it does have the realistic earth to mars year difference. The main character was said to be a seven-year-old, which had me confused at first but then I realized they meant she was actually fifth-teen in earth years. Which made more sense.
I’ve always had a soft spot for
David Thomas
I'd heard good things about this but was deeply disappointed. Boring generic space scifi set on Mars, only slightly redeemed by the roller derby plot hooks. My biggest scifi pet peeve is boring aliens, and boy are the aliens in this boring. They mostly look like humans, speak English with little difficulty, and even have human genders. Snore. It's a shame because the art is good and it's clear that a lot of love went into making it, and it's nice to see scifi with mostly female leads. Just not ...more
Sara
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, sci-fi
This graphic novel is very cinematic and the world building and character design is overall good. SHOUT OUT for excellent representation of curly hair! The book dips into ideas about colonization, indigenous populations, capitalism, and environment, while keeping the story grounded with one girl and her friends and family.

The thing that really bugged me about this book was that Abel put in a bunch of footnotes to explain Mars lingo she created for the world, but they were distracting since you
Laura Ess
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have just finished reading the library copy of this omnibus edition of the comic series. Highly impressed with it. The main character is a Marty - an indentured colonist on Mars - who is a big fan of the hover derby. Everything's run by the Arex corporation and there are native Martians hiding in the outback. But things are about to change, and Trish will be at the centre of that.

Great story. The omnibus edition has pages of background info at the end, but the story's so well written that you
Jennybeast
I love the setting, Trish's irreverent and headstrong attitude, and the heady thrill of the roller derby. On the whole, it's a great read, and I like the pro-union (ish) anti-slavery, indigenous inclusion themes as well. I found the narrative a little confusing at times, as from one panel to the next we could suddenly be in the middle of a situation completely unrelated to one before it, but even that adds to the complexity of the world.
m_miriam
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic
While the artwork is engaging and striking, the narrative is lacking in fully developed characters. Marq's motivation was sometimes unclear to me, Devin felt tacked on, and Hanna was a cliched mean girl. The ending felt simplistic and formulaic given the complex themes. Although this is the collected edition, it feels like there is more to come, particularly related to Trish's parents and the relationship between humans and indigenous Martians.
Isaac Jensen
This is an excellent graphic novel. Imaginative story telling, socio-political commentary, striking illustration, and a compelling heroine. What more can you ask for?
Val
Feb 25, 2019
Robin
Mar 14, 2019
Jamie H
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2019

• Skyward, Vol. 2: Here There Be Dragonflies
  • Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low-G Life
  • Skyward, Vol. 3: Fix the World
  • Girl Town
  • Losing the Girl (Life on Earth, #1)
  • Empire of Wild
  • Crowded, Vol. 1
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • When I Arrived at the Castle
  • Apocalypse Taco
  • Faith, Volume 1: Hollywood & Vine
  • Bad Weekend
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • L'obsolescence programmée de nos sentiments
  • I Was Their American Dream: A Graphic Memoir
  • Under The Moon: A Catwoman Tale
  • Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • FTL, Y'all!: Tales From the Age of the $200 Warp Drive
Author and coach Jessica Abel is the author of Growing Gills, Out on the Wire, La Perdida, and two textbooks about making comics, Drawing Words & Writing Pictures and Mastering Comics. Abel’s latest work of fiction is the Eisner-nominated Trish Trash: Rollergirl of Mars. She is Chair of the Illustration Program at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, and lives with her family in ...more

Trish Trash (3 books)