Start by marking “Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2: Mystery of the Missing Monarchs” as Want to Read:
Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2: Mystery of the Missing Monarchs

Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2: Mystery of the Missing Monarchs

(Geeky F@b 5 #2)

In their next adventure, the Geeky Fab Five discover a hidden garden filled with Monarch butterflies and honeybees. While the girls are learning in science class that Monarchs and bees are becoming endangered, something threatens their secret butterfly garden behind Earhart. To solve the mystery, Hubble the GFF mascot (and ever-so-curious cat) discovers a secret that gets ...more
Published May 7th 2019 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2

Start your review of Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2: Mystery of the Missing Monarchs
Seema Rao
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative ~ Age-appropriate ~ Accurate
tl; dr: Kids learn about butterflies.

This book feels a little manufactured, or like when someone sneaks vegetables in brownies. It has that "it's good for you vibe." If you get over that, it does give really solid information about extinction and butterflies. I get the feeling this would be ideal in a school setting when a teacher needs to assign science reading for common core and students are reticent to read.

3.5

Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review. I read the first volume and enjoyed it so I requested the second. While I thought it was cute and enjoyed the drawings, I liked the first volume more than the second one. I would still like to read future volumes though.
Meghan
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Papercutz in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I absolutely loved the drawings in this book because of their cartoon-like execution. They really exemplified the girls and their mission to save the bumble bees and Monarch Butterflies from extinction. They are found by the local news and when they discover a secret garden filled with bees and monarchs, their lives are changed forever. Their
Wayne McCoy
'Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2: Mystery of the Missing Monarchs' by Liz Lareau and Lucy Lareau with illustrations by Ryan Jampole is a graphic novel about some young ladies interested in science.

This time around the 5 are looking in to why butterflies and bees are missing. When they find a vacant lot with caterpillars, they think it's a nice place to play and watch the bugs. When the lot is threatened by someone who wants to clear it and develop it, the girls realize the butterflies will lose a habitat and
Theediscerning
Three and a half stars.

After such a STEM-tastic opener, the second book in this series of original graphic novels for the under-twelves features the girls interested in monarch butterflies, and their diminishing habitat. Habitat like a wondrous garden cum playground they suddenly find behind their school. Surely that's not going to be on the endangered list any time soon, though? Cooperation, science, finding smarts sexy and so on are once more to the fore in this book, but again it's a little
Brittany
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
This screams girl power, team work, strong capable children, environment consciousness, positive outlook on school, and so so much more.

The message is positive and accurate without an info dump. The age this is intended for and younger can grasp what is happening, and compare this to our real world.

I did not read Vol. 1, but this was great alone. I didnt feel like I had missed anything.

Also, side note... an online order has been submitted for tons of Milkweed seeds, my family will be plating
Tammy Kelly
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
When it comes to graphics for a comic book, I'm always picky but when I saw this come up on my recommend page, I was kind of not sure about requesting the book, but I did anyway because I'm all for reviewing books for kids. I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this. the graphics are amazing and the storyline for the geeky fab 5 is amazing. I'm all for the power of girls and not backing down when someone says no. Glad to see one that is for kids.
Jennifer Green
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one is actually better than the first, because I liked the story about protecting the monarch and bee habitats. I don't know if it's as simple as the solution they came up with but I also think that the girls are doing what they can within their means. They aren't changing the world, but they are making a difference in their own way.
Ms. Yingling
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Netgalley

I'm buying the first couple of books for my library, but the E ARC of this was really hard to read on my old Nook. It looked cute, and I think readers who like Telgemeier and Jamieson will pick up the series.
Pam
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Graphic novel
Continues the story of these five friends. This time they're trying to protect a monarch garden from a developer building a convenience store. The protect the earth theme comes through clearly. Plot is predictable but the characters are likeable. The scenes and people are well drawn.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a cute book with important messages about protecting our environment.
Zahra Musa
Amber Sternitzke
Jul 15, 2019
Elena Russell
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 2 is a great story about 5 elementary school girls who take a stand against a convenience store set to be built on a bee and butterfly sanctuary. The girls are smart, creative, and find ways to solve a problem when things don't go their way.

What I loved most about the graphic novel was the overall positive tone as well as the pleasing illustrations. I would recommend this book to 2nd-5th grade students, especially girls who are into STEM!

Thank you to NetGalley and Papercutz for
Carol
Jun 26, 2019
Dekotah Thompson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great sequel! Kudos to all the people who helped to make this book what it is. I'm still so astounded that there is a graphic novel with a heap of amazing, smart and positive girls that are into science. I loved that this book brought us a bit more into Lucy's passion: the environment. And I love how we still get names of so many women throughout history who really don't get the recognition they deserve. I know this is only just the sequel but I really do want a little bit more ...more
LobsterGal
Feb 06, 2020
Kris Cram
Jun 01, 2019
Gabby
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2020
Aug 23, 2019

• Geeky Fab 5 Vol. 3: DOGgone CATastrophe
  • Stargazing
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven
  • Mr. Pants: Camping Catastrophe!
  • The Crossover
  • I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star
  • The Okay Witch
  • Dear Sweet Pea
  • The Art of Running in Heels (Chinooks Hockey Team, #7)
  • The Great British Bake Off: The Big Book of Amazing Cakes