Start by marking “Once Upon A Night” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Night

Once Upon A Night

Midnight... She knows she must leave. He knows he can't let her.
Once Upon a Night
At first glance, Angela and Nick don't seem to have much in common: she's a young widow trying to make ends meet, and he's a self-made billionaire in his mid-thirties. He's confident, well-educated and eloquent; she's shy, has struggled through school and communicates more easily with hors
Published January 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Night

Jenny
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Once Upon A Night is a novella and it is about four people who thought they would not find true love. Nick Carter marriage was on the rocks when he went to his cousin Eric Holton funeral. When Eric's widow Angela fainted at his feet, Nick Carter took her home. However, at his condo, Nick Carter found out something about his cousin that he did not like. The readers will continue to follow Nick Carter and Angela Holton to see what happens.

Once Upon A Night includes Blind Date and both novellas ar
Caitlin
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very quick, easy to read two novellas in one.

Angel's abusive husband passes away and she hooks up with his cousin, Nick, a billionaire who has separated from his wife, Hannah. They have crazy chemistry but Nick has to choose between Angel, a new flame, and his wife, Hannah.

Hannah is infatuated with a man, Edward who works in the same building as her but they have never spoken to each other. One night, they both forget something in their offices and get caught stuck in the elevator while the lig
Catherine Taffy
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a glimpse into the lives of the characters. J.F Kaufmann has a writing style that lends to the novellas a sense of what the characters are felling, which made me really enjoy this book.

I like the way that the two stories are connected only in the barest of senses and how there isn't a lot of crossover between them because it showcases what happens after a couple get divorced. However I like that it shows through Hannah the emotions that go along with being separated.

I also liked t
Nikki Wyatt
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the writing style of J.F. Kaufmann - these are two well written novellas.

I think the plot of Midnight would have appealed to me more if Nick had already made the decision it was over with Hannah before he began the relationship with Angela.

I would have enjoyed a longer version of Blind Date - it was a hot little story and I loved that Hannah got her HEA.

Overall I enjoyed both stories and liked that the characters were connected.

The book was given to me as a Voracious Reader in exchange fo
Angela Esiw
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review.

Once Upon A Night is a simple romantic tale. It is a light read, delving into Angela's infatuation with his (deceased) husband's cousin.

In general, the plot is predictable and the characters are a bit flat but the smooth story telling makes up for the lack of depth. If you are looking for a simple, quick romance this is perfect for you. If you prefer tales with depth, then I recommend you pass this by.
Kim Eisenberg
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A strong and powerful story with a Happily Ever After result. This book touches on the harsh realities of marriage and how somehow even through the sadness and emptiness love can still win out. The story of Angela and Nick proves that new beginnings can happen at any point in your life usually when you least expect it. Great quick read!

I Received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only!
Monique Hebert
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A first from this author. This novella was a great read. I enjoyed how the story developed and how it flowed as well as the storyline. I enjoyed the sex scenes as well. I enjoy the style is writing. I plan on reading more from this author.
Janice Friend
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dunia
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like the novel written style and feelings that are placed in the text.great experience
Kimberly
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
It wasn’t bad as far as novella’s go. However I usually prefer a novella as an epilogue to a series. More of a where are they now, but with a little mystery and intrigue to tie it all off.
HELENKA OVEREND
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Received as a free review copy, this has the bones to be a great story, the characters are linked in the two stories and the 2nd story felt more realized. I would love to see a more developed version as it felt some parts were rushed and story two definitely needs more , it was the better story but I wanted more, those characters cry out to tell you more and bring you into their world. Defiantly an author to watch I look forward to reading more stories in the future
Vicky Quenault
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Standard romance with the usual plot. It was like reading the recap so your all caught up before getting into the real story. Good bones but not enough meat.
I received a complimentary copy from Voracious Readers in return for an honest review.
Shreen Gough
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Easy to read & kept you wanting more. Looking forward to her next book. Received book from vivacious readers.
DiannTope
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers.
A happily ever after in the face of crazy drama. I'm not usually into short novels as they tend to feel rushed. But I think this was well written and wrapped things up nicely. Was hot without being too over the top.
Kimberley Ball
I received a complementary copy of this book from the author through voracious readers only and found that it was a very enjoyable nighttime read. I really enjoyed the characters and all their flaws and how their relationships seemed real and honest. It is a world that I would love to experience more of and to discover what happens to the characters throughout the years.
Cindy Pearson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these two short stories.
Mandy Foley
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great quick read, love that the two stories are connected, a fantastic version of how happiness can exist after sorrow and loss. I really enjoyed the author’s writing style and look forward to reading more from them.
Jessica
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice quick read with decent structure but I walked away wanting more. There were so many topics touched on but nothing felt resolved at the end. I was sent a free copy of this book by Voracious Readers for a review.
Elaine
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
2 books in 1. Good short reads both but lots of room for expansion if the author wants.

Received arc from voracious readers.
Terri  Tutor
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, much more than anticipated. It was an easy read and it flowed pretty effortlessly. I liked that they were connected. I would have liked it better if Hannah and Nick had been divorced or legally separated before Nick and Angela got together (even though Hannah had left him). But other than that, I’m glad that they all got their HEA. I would definitely read something by J. F. Kaufmann again.
Sandra
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phew I feel hot.! This is a collection of short stories or novellas. While I'm not a fan of a shorter tale these were well written & kept you interested. Both were very sensual the latter more so. If you like to read on a holiday, plane or your way to work this would be ideal.
Once upon a Night, the first story, deals with Nick & Angela, only related by marriage, at her husbands funeral. Both are lonely & seek solace in the other. Perhaps it was only meant to be a one night stand but
Kara
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from J.F. Kaufmann. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleased with what I read. There was no doubt what the characters were feeling. Everything flowed beautifully and with enough tension to keep me reading. I loved each of these stories and will for sure be reading more by this Author.
Rachel
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot! lovely stories and loved how they were linked. An enjoyable short reaf
Amanda Cole
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this. Wish each story was a little longer. Overall, interesting read that keeps your attention
Julie Kaya
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book with two wonderful plots which keep you intrigued. Just needed more as storyline a little short and was enjoying so much I was wanting more!! A good holiday read
Nadine
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book to review from Voracious Readers.
Once upon a night is composed of two cute novellas, loosely link to each other.
I especially love the characters wich are touching and relatable. It's it a thin line between a kind and sensitive love interest and a Gary Stue, and the autor manage this very well
It's interesting how the autor manage to bring modern issues about relationships in a credible way.
all in all, a sweet fun read.
Judy Munoz
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of this book from the author through Voracious Readers. I don’t usually read short stories - I prefer full length novels - but the stories sounded interesting and I’m trying to branch out in my reading adventures. I am so glad I did! I thoroughly enjoyed both stories! Although short in length, both stories were packed with emotion and sizzling romance. I loved that the stories were loosely connected through the characters. The first story had more of a romantic, sensual ...more
Nicola Brookes
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Is a really easy read that has romance, rags to riches and a standard plot line.
Gemma Handley
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed these 2 connected novellas. Nice easy to read steamy romance stories. Blind date was my favourite of the 2 but they both will be kept on my reader to reread again.
Nicole Vanadia Davis
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot erotic romance novellas. Two separate novellas joined by reoccurring characters. Easy read. The writing could use a little polishing and the flow could be better. But overall a decent story.
« previous 1 3 next »