Start by marking “EZ.P.Z... Issue 2: Bird in Paradise” as Want to Read:
EZ.P.Z... Issue 2: Bird in Paradise

EZ.P.Z... Issue 2: Bird in Paradise

DIY collection of Poetry

Physical and Digital copies are available on Pyre Publishing's website.
Unknown Binding, first, 24 pages
Published January 1st 2018 by Pyre Publishing

To ask other readers questions about EZ.P.Z... Issue 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EZ.P.Z... Issue 2

Start your review of EZ.P.Z... Issue 2: Bird in Paradise
Janie C.
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bird in paradise, or Not All Is What It Seems, is the theme for the second issue of EZ PZINE. There is a varying range of styles and a wide mix of emotions in this collection. Some birds are content to the point of transcendence, while others walk (or fly) bravely through gritty routes, exhibiting traits of irony, regret or indignation. My favorite entries, in no particular order, are:

ignoring all by Gary J. Karman
Paradise by Harry Whitewolf
You Turned Mixed Messages into an Art Form by India LaP
Arthur Graham
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Another great issue from Pyre Publishing. Includes "All the Whores in Amsterdam", one of the few decent poems I managed to pen on my recent sojourn overseas. ...more
Harry Whitewolf
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry
(Putting to one side the fact that my own little ditty is included in this collection:) This is a very strong second issue of Pyre Publishing’s EZ.P.ZINE. It’s not so easy-peasy to create poetry and prose of this calibre, let alone make it work as an overall collection.
What I like about these zines is that the contributors have to write – loosely – about a given theme, so it’s interesting to see how that theme – this time around it’s: Bird in Paradise – is explored by the different writers. Alth
Rebecca Gransden
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poems gathered under the general theme of Bird in Paradise. Interesting to read those selected, as the interpretation runs wide and loose. The difficulties of reviewing a collection like this persist, as it is a challenge to arrive at a definitive conclusion when dealing with disparate voices. So, with that in mind, I can say many of the words contained reflect an edgy take on ordinary days, the electricity of the moments of life without embellishment. The tone is unfiltered, bare, and unfussy f ...more
A. Blumer
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the official GR release! I might be eight days off schedule, but I've been sick as a dog (still am) so shut up! <3

Availability only moments away :)

[edit]

[excerpt from foreword]

So, here we are now, on Issue Two of my little project. I’ll be honest and say this topic felt like the more difficult of the four I mapped out. A part of me preemptively thought this one would end up being the weaker of the bunch….

Damn, was I wrong!

Once again writers have proven they’re worth their salt, capable o
Jason
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, poetry
Another interesting collection, a few new (to me) poets. I do like that these issues have a theme to them, unfortunately I can't always see the link between theme and poem. There is one here about something needing to be charged, not sure how that is Bird in paradise. That one went a bit over my head.

Stand out items were Harry Whitewolf, such a unique style that makes his work stand out more than anything else in the book. A. Lynn Blumer and Benjamin Blake who captured the theme perfectly. And f
India
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Very honored to be included among such great pieces! Loved it.
Rodney
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
What is the muse of that caged bird? Is it merely projecting, with thoughts of greener grass elsewhere? The second issue of EZ. P. Zine asks whether paradise is real or a fleeting fantasy, radiant or black, earned or easily obtained. Again, the included authors tackle the theme from many angles. The material here is rich, varied and enjoyable. My favorites of the bunch:
Ignoring All by Gary J. Karman
Basement Show by Bob Polzen
Crash Landing by John Patrick Robbins
All the Whores in Amsterdam by Art
Nate Meadows
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great issue! Personally I was completely blown away by India LaPlace's "You Turned Mix Messages...". I also felt strong affinities to "Basement Show" by Bob Polzin, "All the Whores..." by Arthur Graham (I love when dirty and sweetly romantic are mixed), and "A Simple Act" by A. Lynn Blumer. There wasn't a single ditty I didn't enjoy on some level. Thanks guys!
Casey Kiser
May 06, 2020
BerryAmber
Jul 20, 2020

• You Wouldn't Feed This To Your Dog
A. Lynn Blumer lives in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where she enjoys the outdoors just as much as her smoke-laden writing station. The last five years have been devoted to developing her poetry and independent publishing business, but prose remains her chief interest.

Owner of Pyre Publishing