Start by marking “Passing Through” as Want to Read:
Passing Through

Passing Through

Let this winter pass on by.

Little do they all know, a horrible murderer has escaped from prison just as the small town is about to get hit with a record blizzard. But the trusting innocence of these small-town people will prove to be their undoing, for they cannot conceive the likes of the stranger they are helping on that snowy night.

Rick and Donna Welk are a young marrie
Published January 2nd 2018 by Clarkltd

To ask other readers questions about Passing Through, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passing Through

Wulfwyn
This is one of the most disturbing books I have read. I had to stop and do something else a few times just so I could catch my breath. The author called it a psychological thriller. I would agree but add horror to it. The author gives us a look inside the killer, a glimpse at his background. Enough for us to see how he came to be. This interested me. I like to know or try to know why someone does the things they do or make the choices that they make. It is probably this reason that Donna was who ...more
Rhonda  Gulnac
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So very disturbing!

I live in the country, and probably should not have read this one while home alone! This one ended perfectly, but wow!! This was beyond horrifying, as human monsters tend to be. Lots of sickening gore, and terrifying imagery! This book will stay with me for a while, and I am a bit afraid of RWK Clark's mind. If you want realistic horror, this book will satisfy your warped cravings!
Crissy
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scary, gory, a real page turner, everything you would expect from a psychological thriller! I highly recommend this book! I thought it ended perfectly, just enough to leave it open for a second installment. (Hopefully, fingers crossed!)
Debbie Poole
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Passing through

A great read,the true fact is there are sickos out there just like this man.and so many people pay the price from these devils. Its worth the read a little disturbing but in so many ways this can happen. Well done !
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author RWK Clark weaves a compelling and gripping psychological thriller, with intriguing twists and turns that will easily captivate the reader’s attention from the beginning. The author paints a suspenseful and riveting tale in a very vivid and convincing way. In addition, the characters are drawn with great credibility and conviction. It’s a quick fast-paced novel that will keep you engaged from the first page to the last.

The book description gives a sneak preview; ‘Rick and Donna Welk are a
Penny Bosley
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read!

I just couldn’t put this wonderful book down from the moment i started reading it. The author brought the characters alive for me which is a true gift. Now, yes, this book is about a very sadistic, gruesome serial killer so beware...it’s very graphic, but that’s what helps make the book so real. One thing the author could have done is he could have continued writing to make the book longer. It was a really good book that I would recommend to friends and family for sure.
Katy Askeland
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Page Turner with Flaws

This is the story of a sadistic serial killer who escapes from prison. The pursuit of capturing him make for a tense page turner that's worth a read. In a couple places I thought the writing was a bit amateurish, but overall it was decent. My main reason for giving this book 3 stars is because of it's very abrupt ending. It was almost like the writer didn't know how to end it so, well, he just did.
Emma L.J
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did enjoy this nice easy read I wanted something dark and disturbing and after I read a few reviews I decided this was just what I was looking for . Unfortunately it wasn’t as dark as I thought it would be , some reviewers said “they shouldn’t have read it alone” “ one of the most terrifying books they have ever read”🤨

I’ve read darker MC books than this so I am disappointed it was a good read definitely not terrifying

Sorry but not the best thriller I’ve read or even disturbing
Tina rotondo
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Although I enjoyed this novel it was a bit of a light read for me. The general storyline was good. I wish the characters had been a bit more developed, the storyline fleshed out more, and I wish the novel had been longer, but overall I enjoyed it. I would recommend this to others and I will be reading more of your nkvels
Michael Masciangelo
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Good, gory story, regardless of Author's classification, this is a horror Novella. Was disappointed to realize last quarter of the download was the author promoting his other works, felt kinda jibbed and came off as pompous. Do not pay full price for this non-novel length story, but worth reading if you enjoy violent horror.
Katie Hollis
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read by RWK Clark! This writers books keeps you on the edge of your seat and gifts you the ability to delve into the darkest crevices of your imagination!!
Imma Booker
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read from this author. It was freaky, creepy, and made me cringe throughout the read. It was just enough of a backstory to lend some credence to the tale.
Dianne Doggett
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Gory

Way too gory for my taste. 😕 well written,but definitely not my cup of tea! Plot was decent,but too much detail of the gore. It will probably give me nightmares!
Jackie Zortman
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The cover of this book is what drew me to it. That was a mistake, though it's a beautiful cover. The book is very well written and I have no complaints about the expertise of the author to write a book, but frankly, the graphic guts and gore are simply not my cup of tea. I found it to be way too graphic for my personal tastes. I am not a prude. My husband is a 42-year veteran law enforcement officer and I have heard it all. He was a homicide detective in a large city for the last 11 years of his ...more
Judi
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very quick read but very scary. When the story starts you are introduced to the serial killer, presently serving time for killing three persons very cruelly. He escapes from prison, killing along the way and arrives at a small town in Va.

This town is one that everyone knows each other and checks in whenever there are problems. You will love the sheriff who love his town, his wife and his job. Right now the town is going through one of the worst snow storms that have ever come through.
Cathy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Not for the faint of heart...

Elliot Keller is not just a serial killer, but a torturous, sadistic, violent man. He is in prison, for a horrendous murder, but not for long. He will soon be on the road, in a blizzard, looking for...victims. He ends up in a small town and the terror begins.
Like I mentioned, this is not for every one. It is not only violent, but graphic. The story drags you in and you want to know what happens, but it's not easy getting there.
Nicola Jane Hudson
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Don't waste your time!

This book is quite gory, very different from my usual read which to be fair I didn't really mind. I felt myself building an affinity with the main characters and I really hoped that help would arrive in time to save them! However I was very disappointed with the end! It was like the author had just put his pen down (so to speak) and stopped writing. Like he couldn't be bothered to finish the story! Had the ending been wrapped up more neatly I would have given this 5 stars
Carolyn Russett
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
really creepy. good story and a bit scary...but it was a little too graphic for me in the end.....seemed like an abrupt ending besides, but I think it had to be that way. Worth reading but don't read while you are home alone
James Barrett
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed my first book with this author.

The narrative is well structured and I was submerged in the story fairly quickly. Another thing I liked was a limited number of characters in the story, so the reader can recall each character pretty easily and their parts within the story when you've a few days between reads. I will certainly try another thriller by this author.

One last point, nice touch by author giving a personal synopsis of other books written by him and his thinking on how he b
Aubrey
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

This is the first book I have read by RWK Clark and I'm glad I discovered him. It's not for the faint of heart. I am a big horror fan, but there are scenes in this book that made me very uncomfortable. Reading the author's note afterward, I realized that was his intent. He wanted to show this man as a soulless killer.

Right from the beginning, I was hooked. I liked that he showed Keller's perfect behavior in prison because it showed how devious this man really was. Originally, I a
Sharon Lopes
A. Blizzard full of nightmares

Rich and Donna Welk, a young couple trying to get past a tragedy, a blizzard bringing their worst nightmare, Only a miracle will safe them from the horror passing through.
Trudy Thomson
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gory read but kept me hooked
MsSilence
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Serial killer Escapes

A highly motivated serial killer, Keller, plans and executes his escape from a high security prison. This is the first book I have read by RWK Clark, I liked it , it flows well and is easily read in one, decent, sitting. The story tells what happens after the escape. We get an insight into Keller's psyche and a bit of background as to why he is like he is. Not as gory as many I have read but Keller is definitely very sadistic with his prey. A psychological thriller - worth a
Tina Mitchell
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Kept me on the edge of my set .. Could of had a longer ending .. Would have liked a little more of the Welks ..
Janette Kane
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read

Great cold night in front of the fire read ... I was addicted to this and it's not my normal kind of read ... Read the book in less than 24 hours as simply didn't wanna put down ... Very highly recommend book
Valerie Adams
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read

I really loved this book and found it hard to put down. I would recommend it to everyone that likes a bit of gore.
Anneka Avery
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read!

This book was a great read, uncomplicated, intriguing and twisted. This author never fails to disappoint with his books. I’ve read a couple now and will say that it won’t disappoint! The only thing I felt could be improved was the ending but it rounded up. I hope to see another instalment.
Cindra Mueller
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Passing Through, Really?

This was one of the most terrifying books I’ve ever read, scared me so much , I stayed up until I finished, didn’t want it to end. I can’t wait for more like this! I have trouble sleeping at night. Believe it or not these kind of stories help, I know that’s weird. I just love to be scared to sleep!
barbara
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read many physo thrillers but this one really got me as to one man can cause soo much death and destruction and how the killer really thinks and plans his next move scary .The Author really puts into prospective how these whatever they are operate and they are soo real and will certainly be reading more and book finished on a note there could be a follow up certainly hope so.
Lisa
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very quick paced , characters developed just enough that you feel for them and want a good out come for them , somewhat graphic and violent thought it was great read and would recommend to those with strong stomach

• Wildlife
  • The Snow Globe
  • Rough Draft
  • The Sitter
  • Kill Order (Maggie Black, #1)
  • Stranger Danger
  • I Know Where You Live
  • The Babysitter
  • Tell Me I'm Wrong
  • Next to Die
  • The Haunting of RedRise House (The Ghosts of RedRise House #1)
  • Sick Girl
  • The Cove (The Cove Trilogy Book 1)
  • Cotton (Clarkeston Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead Lemons
  • A Guilty Mind (Detective Cancini Mystery, #1)
  • Dead On My Feet (Phineas Troutt Mysteries #1)
Clark's love for a variety of art forms has influenced and driven him to write several books which offer something for everyone. Enjoy zombie tales sprinkled with comedy, murder mysteries, vampires and witches, or futuristic yarns that make you question reality as you know it.

www.rwkclark.com

El amor de Clark por las formas artísticas en todas sus variedades ha sido de gran influencia para él, y lo