Start by marking “Unbreak This Heart” as Want to Read:

Unbreak This Heart

Ever since that horrific night, I’d shut men completely out of my life. I’d gone from the spunky, fun, Alex DeMarco to a broken woman terrified of intimacy. Easing me back into dating, my best friend sets me up with kickboxing lessons from my charming and perfectly sculpted instructor—Carter Maxwell.

Carter’s goal is to break through my emotional barrier and mold my heart
Published 2018 by Betty Shreffler

To ask other readers questions about Unbreak This Heart, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Unbreak This Heart
Laid-back Book Bitches
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly! I have no idea where to begin with this review. This book was an emotional rollercoaster, I went through every emotion possible. Alex's story shows that a person can survive a tragedy, and become a stronger person in the end.. Just when I thought I had the story figured out and Alex had her HEA, Betty decided to throw a twist I never seen coming. My poor heart almost did not survive! I was crying so hard I had to step away from the book for a minute and get my emotions in check ( it w ...more
Sandy House
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Betty has done it again! This story will encapsulate your heart and show you the true meaning of unconditional love. You are sucked in from the first page right up until the end. Be prepared, have tissues handy as you will need them. The characters are so real and relatable. Each of their emotions runs deep, you can feel everything each character goes through. One thing I've learned reading this authors books is that she always throws in a twist. I knew it was coming but could have never gu ...more
Tre Talbot
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is beautifully written and will pull at your heartstrings in more ways then one. Alex has been through one helluva traumatic life changing ordeal and the flashbacks bring me to tears as she relives the event. Carter is a man that has such a beautiful soul and as strong as he is he’s also gentle and was falling for him instantly. I adore Alex’s BFF Jane is a woman I would proudly have as a friend. Todd, this man had me utterly fuming more often then not with his personality and actions ...more
Helen Whitelaw
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is this book is everything!
Such a rollercoaster of emotion from start to finish.

A beautiful story which I suppose can be described as a second chance romance and a love triangle!

After suffering a horrific ordeal which leaves Alex wondering if she is capable of love ever again this book promises to give you not only hope that love can conquer all but it also shows that friendship and family are also strong and can overcome difficulties too!

Such a powerful storyline! Just WOW!
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved the blurb for this book, the darker is always appealing to me.

But in this one, I think there was too much. Exes, sexual assault, amnesia, a personal trainer who, slightly out of the blue, had an MMA fight planned... that week. It just all seemed to happen like a plot bunny had jumped onto the page, so there it was.

Alex and Carter had a lot going on. A story about them, and her trying to move on, would have been enough.

I just thought there was too much going on to ever invest in any aspe
Laura Lee
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: Betty Shreffler
4 Emotional Stars

Unbreak This Heart is an emotional journey from the start to the ending. A standalone that I really enjoyed reading.

Alex has suffered so much in her young life. So much loss and a devastating event has sent Alex spinning. A once perfect life has now turned into daily survival.

Meeting Carter at her self-defense class, Alex was awestruck on how gorgeous this man was. Carter gave her feelings that she hadn’t felt in over a year. Working togethe
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 💖🌟s
Romance Between The Sheets
Unbreak This Heart will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions.  Betty Shreffler has way of drawing emotion out of every scene.  From beginning to end this book will take on an emotional journey.

Alex has been to Hell and back and is a survivor.  After the person who was supposed to be there for her no matter what leaves her after her attack,  she somehow manages to pick up the pieces of her life.  But she is unsure of how to let someone into her heart again.

Carter is a patient caring man who wa
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Alex and Carter are survivors! What a story of overcoming extreme hardship! I almost didn’t read this book because every time I saw the title I started singing like Toni Braxton, but way worse!! Luckily I didn’t let that deter me. This book was sooooo good! I loved Alex and Carter but I also loved the supporting characters...Jane, Kyle, Kevin, Sandy. What an awesome group of people I’d want to have my back any day! There are moments of this book that are hard to read due to the nature of the sub ...more
Stephanie
2 Stars

I like the story, but the book didn't do it justice. It had a lot of potential, but it fell short. Some things were really confusing because it seems like there was missing pieces everywhere like little random scenes were deleted. I hated that she was so indecisive. I didn't like Crank or his suggestion that Carter leave her at home so he could sleep with other women. I did like Carter immediately shooting the woman down after the fight. For the most part, I really liked him. I didn't rea
Betty Shreffler
Aug 31, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Unbreak This Heart is now live! 😍 99c for a limited time and available on KU.

"Every single page has you addicted and craving more." ~ Jenz Book Jewels

"This is one of those books that manages to reach deeply into readers minds while also touching their hearts." ~ Amazon Reviewer

US: https://amzn.to/2BXW3bm
UK: https://amzn.to/2PidqFQ
CA: https://amzn.to/2PidDJ8
AU: https://amzn.to/2C5aU3E

Enter for a Signed Paperback of this heartwrenchingly beautiful love story!
✨Goodreads Giveaway here >>> https://ww
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Unbreak This Heart was a serious emotional roller-coaster. I'm normally not an angst fan, but Betty Shreffler does it so well that even as my heart is being ripped to shreds I keep reading. And if there is a moment that I had to stop and put it down (adulting getting in the way) then I quickly returned to reading even knowing what I could possibly endure.

Alex DeMarco has experienced one of a woman's worst nightmares. And she is just starting to put herself and her life back together after over
Angela
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Unbreak This Heart by Betty Shreffler is a fantastic contemporary romance that captured my heart in so many ways. This is an exceptional story of love and loss- being broken and learning to live again! Oh my! This story broke me, tossed my heart from my chest, stomped on it- then scraped me back together again!! I really recommend that you don’t go anywhere near this book WITHOUT a huge box of tissues and a bottle of wine! Trust me, you are going to NEED them!
I can always rely on Ms. Shr
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of beta reading Unbreak This Heart the cover is stunning and so like the character, every single page has you addicted and craving more.

Mrs Shreffler this book is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, I was sad, fuming, sad, angry, relieved, sad again, man I was all over the place. That being said this book is unfortunately so like real life events that can happen to anybody at any given time. Summing it up this book is heartbreakingly beautiful.

⛔️⛔️⛔️ STOP SOME SPOILERS ⛔
I've read a few books by this author before, and I've enjoyed them, so I picked this one up, thinking it sounded interesting. Boy, was I in for a surprise! This book was so good! The characters in this book pulled my emotions all over the place and I never knew what was coming next!

Alex is a woman on the edge. She is emotionally fragile, having survived something so horrible, so tragic, that most would just curl up and give up on life. To make things even worse, afterwards, the one she should ha
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews
I had heard great things about this story so I decided to jump in and it was so amazing. It surpassed my already elevated expectations. A beautiful 5 star story.

Alex has suffered the unimaginable and more than a a year later she’s still having some major trust issues. She has come a long way from that terrible night. Her friend gives her as a gift certificate for self defence training lessons. She was not expecting Carter. He made her feel safe and has made her trust again. But now they are fac
Samantha Hollinger
Amazing

A great read about becoming whole and overcoming lifes terrible obstacles. I loved these characters and the patients and love he shows her was memorizing to say the least!
Fiona Fog
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
An okay read. I found myself thinking this could be a really awesome read as I started the opening chapters and I expected a lot more. I found myself drifting. Putting down and coming back to try and get engaged in the story again. But I just could not connect with anyone.

I didn't understand Alex and how she went back and fourth in regards to the two males in the story.

I know she suffered a horrible experience and the man she was engaged to could not deal with it and left her. For me that would
Victoria B
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a roller coaster of an emotional ride this book is. The story of Alex and Carter is a amazing story strength, determination and love. Alex is trying to move on with her life from a horrific experience when she meets Carter, her new personal trainer. Carter wants nothing more then to make Alex his every broken piece of her. When her past comes back to interfere with their future, can they hold strong together or will their world be torn apart? This book is another must read by this author if ...more
Kerry Pruett
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a heart touching story! Alex, Conner, and Todd show what can happen when tragedy strikes your life. My heart cried with anger, happiness, compassion, and love. Alex's story shows that a person can survive a tragedy, and become a stronger person in the end. Just when I thought I knew how their story would end; Betty took and twisted my heart into a giant knot. As always as she ties and then unties she fills your heart with happiness and love. One of her best stories yet. You get an inspi ...more
Julie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A touching story

This was a beautiful, touching story. I loved every minute of it. Alex and Carter's relationship is an example of what true love is. Patience, understanding and full support of one another. The tragedies both faced in this book could be enough to break anyone, but together they made each other whole. An absolute must read!
Nishoo | Rakes and Heartbreaks
I’ve been in such a book slump. :(
Nothing has held my interest this past month. I think I’m just selecting all the wrong books. Ugh!

DNF-ing because this book has TOoOo much going on. I’m getting a headache just trying to keep track of what’s happening. >_>
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of immense strength of spirit, reclamation of courage and learning to fly on wings of scars
She conquered her demons and wears her scars like wings,
An emotional journey into the life of a beautiful spunky girl, full of life, living her dream with a successful career, loving Boyfriend Todd when a sudden twist of fate happens. she becomes a statistic. A victim of a random act of violence that shatters her life into tiny shards. Everything breaks. She's left with nothing.
Her courage is g
Fizza
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story that will definitely touch your heartstrings. It shows both the best and the worst in people. It's sad and happy both at the same time. It's a story of survival, fear, and strength to deal with it all, to deal with harsh realities of life. It talks about a very sensitive topic in a very beautiful way. So if you're reading it, be prepared to shed some tears, but fear not, there will be smiles too.
Alex is not a normal person. She had to deal with trauma and that changed her for the
Rhonda
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a short review because if I go on to long, I will spoil it for other readers. This book totally touched my heart and gave me emotions that were all over the place. From crying, to being happy, to being pissed off and to being confused over what the characters were having to deal with. Alex is a broken woman because of what happened to her but with her best friends help, she slowly returns to the land of the living. When she meets Carter, she starts feeling things she hasn't f ...more
Clare Harrison
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book almost broke my phone!! it flew through the air as I raged quietly (my son was asleep next to me). "Noooooo" I screamed silently, watching my phone land on the floor.

Pretending to not care lasted all of five seconds before I couldn't sit still any longer, and the hunger for more made me grab it apologising profusely to my darling book keeping phone.

That's the sign of a truly fantastic read. No not almost breaking my phone but feeling so connected to the characters that my emotions exp
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Wow! What a read. This is my first book by this author, it was a beautifully written heartwrenching story. It totally had me from the start completely captivated my heart.

Alex suffered terribly at the hands of a total stranger it completely broke her, left her feeling like she would be alone forever. When her best friend encourages her to take self defence classes and she meets her instructor Carter he arouses feeling in her she thought were long gone. Could Carter be the one to finally help he
Sassy Southern
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
SO MANY EMOTIONS!!!!! This book tugged at my heartstrings and had my heart in my throat more than once! Alex has been through a traumatic experience and is finally trying to live a normal life again. She is such an amazingly strong character which shows throughout the book with the way she handles things that life keeps throwing at her.

I loved Carter's character and the chemistry between him and Alex was off the charts. He quickly became a favorite book boyfriend for sure.

While this book faces
Deanne Taylor
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just knew this one was gonna make me cry……….the blurb, and previous reads from said evil author assured me of this! I knew it, was prepared with my Puffs, back up towel and my cat to hug. Man that looks bad for me! LOL, oh well, the truth hurts.

Alex suffered what no woman, any person should ever have to suffer and her life was changed forever. Thank God for good friends like Jane, Alex is a survivor and didn't give in to the dark!
Enter Carter, buff, handsome and a real sweetheart. He's just w
Ruth Bishop
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• When Forever Changes (Forever Love #1)
  • The Ocean Between Us (Southern Heroes, #1)
  • Center of Gravity
  • One More Chance
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Breathe You (Pieces of Broken, #2)
  • Absolution
  • Craving Dragonflies
  • Hate to Love
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Not Over You
  • The Lying Game (Love Games, #1)
  • Protecting Abigail
  • Wrecked For You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
  • Ask Me Why
  • Live Me (Pieces of Broken, #1)
  • Carry My Heart (Is This Love?, #1)
  • Broken
Betty Shreffler is a USA Today and International Bestselling Romance Author. She writes sexy and suspenseful stories with hot alphas and kickass heroines with twists you don’t expect. She also writes beautiful and sexy romances with tough women and their journeys at finding love. Betty is a mix of country, nerdy, sassy, sweet and a whole lot of sense of humor. If she’s not writing or doing book ev ...more

News & Interviews