Start by marking “Must Love Horses” as Want to Read:
Must Love Horses

Must Love Horses

(Lazy S Ranch #2)

"The dust hasn't settled on one woman's past, but amid the breathtaking hills and valleys of Wyoming's high country-and with the encouragement of one special man-her spirit won't be broken . . . Sydney Teller is as determined as the wild mustangs she was raised to train. Her reckless parents destroyed their reputation in the business-and hers, by association-yet Sydney kno ...more
Published February 20th 2018 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Horses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Horses

Start your review of Must Love Horses
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Must Love Horses is book two in the Lazy S Ranch series by Vicki Tharp. When I read the first book in this series, Cowgirl, Unexpectedly, Vicki was a new to me author and I fell in love. There was no question I would continue the series but oh my gosh, I was not prepared for this book!

must love horses vicki tharp

We first met Mac’s friend whom she served and deployed with in the first book, Bryan “Boomer” Wilcox. It’s been two years since the ending of the first book. Mac and Hank are now married and Hank’s daughter is off
Terri
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

This is the second in a series and I had not read the first however it can be read as a stand alone. My only hesitation is that I did not have a love affair with this story so not sure if reading the first story may have improved my view. I don't think so but you never know.

This story seemed to have an identity crisis t
Clare O'Beara
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a gritty and dramatic modern Wyoming western. Horses feature largely as you can guess by the title. I wasn't keen on the way that all the women have masculine names like Mac and Sydney. This makes it harder for the readers to keep characters sorted out in their heads.

Unpleasant crime figures are using the back roads on the ranch and like all ranches it runs on barely sufficient staff, so tension mounts. A young woman has come to help break and train horses - mustangs adopted from the BL
Pelusa Rivera
Received in a goodreads giveaway..This book was ok, I dont I expected something just a little different, there was so much drama and so much angst..
BookAddict
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After falling in love with the characters from Cowgirl, Unexpectedly, I was impatiently awaiting Boomer's story. Not only did I get my hands on an advance copy, I was so certain I would love this book that I also preordered it months ago. As I anticipated, Ms. Tharp delivered and then proceeded to make my expectations seem like a gentle rain shower in comparison to the hurricane of her talent in this book. I have a soft spot for cowboys, military men and damaged but tender-hearted heroes, and Bo ...more
Cathy Geha
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered what you would do when facing a painful situation there seemed to be no way out of? What about knowing what to do when you meet someone you could love but know is all wrong for you? And, how do you rebuild your name or self when it seems to have been destroyed? Well…those and other questions face Bryan “Boomer” Wilcox and Sidney Teller in this wonderful story of strength, endurance and perseverance.

Boomer has a feeling Sidney is going to be trouble when he lays on her but
Donna Repsher
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must Love Horses is the second book in Vicki Tharp's Lazy S Ranch series, but it's the first book I've read in the series as well as the first book I've read by Ms. Tharp, and although I had a few problems with it, and although it got off to a slow start, it was far more than I expected and it gets 4 stars from this reader.

My first issue with this novel was the title. Yes, the first quarter of the novel takes place on a ranch, and yes, the principle female character, Sydney Teller is a horse tr
Cheri
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc, kindle
**I received an ARC of this book courtesy of Net Galley and the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and given freely**

I really loved Cowgirl, Unexpectedly so I was super excited to get an ARC of this, the second book in the same series. Especially because I already fell in love with Boomer in the first story.

Sidney is the perfect choice for Boomer aka Bryan. (Note: in the blurb about the book her name is spelled Sydney, in the ARC I have it’s Sidney. Since I don’t know wh
Tony Parsons
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lazy S Ranch. Bryan “Boomer” Wilcox (prosthetic leg, retired USMC; Iraq x 2, demolition expert) & Mackenzie “Mac” Nash (retired military) were quite amazed with the skills/expertise Sydney Teller (Irish, horse trainer) had.
The 2 knew of what happened in her past to Clive Teller (husband/father), & Marta (wife/mother).
At breakfast Sydney met Lottie (wife, ranch owner), Dale (husband, ranch owner), & Santos (ranch hand).

Sheriff Elmore St. John wanted them all to know all about El Verdugo (The Hang
Debbie
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was completely entertained from beginning to end!

Knowing there’d be horses in the book is what drew me to it, so of course they were my favorite part. Sydney’s horse, Eli, has such a sweet and fun personality and is so smart! I loved how Sydney interacted with him and with the wild horses she works with and trains. Eli warmed my heart with the way he was absolutely determined to be as close to Sydney as he could get, even if he had to be mischievous to do so, and how he would bend down for he
Bec

Sidney Teller is determined to land the horse training job going at the Lazy S Ranch, but with what her parents did in the past, it might prove harder than she realized. However, proving what she's capable of is part of the plan, and luckily Bryan 'Boomer' Wilcox is willing to take a chance on her. Yet, with danger brewing and the threat to the ranch, Sidney knows she's going to have to trust Boomer, even though that's not an easy thing to do considering his past demons and what he does to cope.
Tonya Buzzard
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. I absolutely loved this book! I haven't read the first book in the series yet, so I was not familiar with any of the characters.
Sydney is a girl tryimg to overcome a scandal involving her parents neglect and abuse filled training of horses. All she wants is to prove that she has what it takes to be a horse trainer, despite what her parents did.
Bryan is a former military guy with a leg amputation, PTSD, and phantom
Connie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

Okay first off this a seriously wonderful romance story filled with an formerly active Marine cowboy. Oh yeah! Next you have a woman who lives in the shadow of her parents' horrible crime of animal abuse. These two are drawn to each other but Bryan (Boomer) has two addictions that are a serious no go for Sydney, pain-killer medication addiction and alcohol. This story has some fantastic scenes that will
Rebmay
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! This story is a gritty, enthralling ride towards real, lasting love. Sidney and Boomer are both fighting against the demons of their pasts. Her parents cruelly mistreated animals in their care while in an alcoholic haze. Now Sidney must fight to show that she is a gifted horse trainer and not at all like her parents. Boomer is struggling to cope with his physical and emotional scars left over from his service as a marine. He will not admit that he is addicted to pai ...more
Kathy
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspense and Romance

Overall a great story of love conquering demons from the past. Bryan lost a leg and most of himself in the military and relies on alcohol and pain killers to get him through the day. Sidney is a horse trainer trying to get out from under her parents terrible reputation. When out looking for their stolen horses they are kidnapped and held hostage by a gang of drug runners. I thought that dragged on longer than necessary but they are rescued. Bryan goes into rehab and refuses t
Paige
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This is definitely more than just a romance novel! Sydney is struggling to make a name for herself after the public humiliation of her parents practices at their horse training business. Bryan aka Boomer is a wounded warrior who is battling alcohol and pain killer addiction. The two meeting was written in the stars. They come together and help each to overcome their individual problems and also help capture diamond smuggling operatives. If you like romance with a little suspen ...more
Amanda
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Vicki Tharpe. While Must Love Horses can be read as a stand alone novel, if you think you might read more of the series I would recommend reading Cowgirl, Unexpectedly first since I suspect that there are more than just the who-ends-up-with-who spoiler (which I don't really consider a spoiler as the book jacket gives that away every time).

It was a complex plot with complex (but certainly not perfect) characters.
Sandra Whittiker
Must Love Horses (Lazy S Ranch) by Vicki Tharp

Undeniably one of the best books that I've read in a long time . Sydney and Bryan, so very real, with very real things they have overcome in their lives. I absolutely love that she was a horse trainer. That takes a special kind of person, Bryan, a Marine, what a pair.. In the very best way, they find the life that everyone is searching for in their own life. Bravo Vicki Tharp!!!!! I would love to read more of your special kind of magic.
Eileen
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sydney Teller & Bryan/Boomer Wilcox
What an exciting story. its been a few years since the first story took place and Boomer has stayed on at the Lazy S ranch. Sydney Teller has come to the ranch to try out as a trainer and has difficulty getting a job lately because of her parents. They weren't good people and even worse trainers and its hard to not be guilty by association. Mac gave her the job but she knew it was going to be an uphill battle.
It really was a good story and intense. As Boomer a
Diane
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved this book. COWBOYS, Military guys, horses, a ranch what more can a reader ask for in a romance book. I liked that Sidney was strong character. She stood her ground . Bryan was a typical military guy. Strong in charge kind of guy. It was a good story mixing in the real life of our military men and women that are hurt in combat. I would definitely recommend this book and will be looking for others written by this author.
Trude
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the Lazy S series...I loved Cowgirl Unexpected so much I immediately bought this book...and I wasn't disappointed. This is Boomer's story, what happened to him in Afghanistan and the issues he must deal with day to day now that he is home...and how love can help a man heal...it is after all a love story! Sidney is the perfect woman for Boomer...tough, no nonsense and honest. Perfect chemistry between them. I've already preordered the next book in the series.
Chrisette Trevino
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I got this book as a giveaway on Goodreads. Sidney Teller came to the Lazy S Ranch to audition for the job of horse trainer. She meets Boomer who will be her boss if she passes the test. This book is a love story that almost doesn't happen because of Boomer's addiction to alcohol and pain pills. Much of the characters will be tested before the end of the story. Will their love flourish ?
Louetta Waters
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Vicki Tharpe. While Must Love Horses can be read as a stand alone novel, if you think you might like to read more of the series I recommend reading Cowgirl first.
It was a complex plot and well written, with complex and very imperfect characters. I like the honesty between characters even if their thoughts and actions were conflicted.
Meaghan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I was really into this storyline until the last third/quarter of the book. It got so unbelievable and outlandish, I had a hard time sticking with it. Sydney and Bryan were interesting characters and had good backstories and chemistry.
Barbara
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that kept me on the edge of my seat I had to know what was going to happen, a well-written story that I enjoyed reading. I know I want to read the next book in this series. I received a copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
Shea
I enjoyed the continuation of this series. I wish the other characters at the ranch would have played a bigger role in the story. I am looking forward to the third book in the hopes that it will tie up Bryan and Sydney's story a little more.
Steve Bender
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an honest review. it was a good romantic thriller with a good plot about the problems of addiction. I enjoyed it. Recommended.
Tena
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won this KINDLE version in a GOODREADS giveaway.
Paul Smith
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had trouble putting this book down. It is a great story with adventure, mystery, and romance.
Gigi Readus
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018

• Her Big Sky Cowboy (Wildflower Ranch #3)
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Gothic Love Stories, #3)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries, #4)
  • Cowboy Bear's Fake Marriage (Billionaire Bear Rancher Brothers Book 2)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Red Havoc Rogue (Red Havoc Panthers, #1)
  • Cowboy Bear's Secret Baby (Billionaire Bear Rancher Brothers)
  • Fields' Guide to Pharaohs (Poppy Fields Adventures #5)
  • Gabriel: Lord of Regrets (Lonely Lords, #5)
  • Sweet Magnolias Collection #1: Stealing Home / Slice of Heaven (Sweet Magnolias)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries, #2)
  • The Blood Hounds
  • Wind River Protector
  • Defending Allye (Mountain Mercenaries, #1)
  • A Haven Point Beginning
  • How to Steal a Thief's Heart (Happy Ever Regency, #4)
Vicki Tharp makes her home on small acreage in south Texas with her husband and an embarrassing number of pets. When she isn’t writing or you can usually find her on the back of her horse—avoiding anything that remotely resembles housework—smelling of fly spray, and horse sweat.

Lazy S Ranch (5 books)
  • Cowgirl, Unexpectedly (Lazy S Ranch #1)
  • Hot on the Trail (Lazy S Ranch, #3)
  • Cowboy, Undercover (Lazy S Ranch #4)
  • Cowboy, Unbridled (Lazy S Ranch #5)