Start by marking “Speak No Evil (Oyster Point Thriller #2)” as Want to Read:
Speak No Evil (Oyster Point Thriller #2)

Speak No Evil

(Aldridge Sisters #1)

If you love a gripping Southern suspense, USA Today bestselling SPEAK NO EVIL is for you. Lifting the veil of secrecy on a grand Southern family in decline. New York Times bestselling author Tanya Anne Crosby explores the lives of Caroline, Augusta, and Savannah Aldridge, three sisters who share a dark past and an uncertain future...

After the death of their mother, a newsp
Published January 7th 2018 by Oliver Heber Books (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Speak No Evil, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lynelle Clark
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compelling, Intrigue, Tense is only some of the words I can use to describe this suspense filled romance. The relationship between the three sisters, the death of their mother and the budding romance between Christine and Jack offered this story a human depth. Mingled in between the ongoing plot of mayhem, heat and floods that build the suspension as people disappeared and bodies piled up. Each sister had to deal with their mother's sudden death at her own peril. The absence of a mother's love s ...more
Tammy
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is the real deal ladies and gentlemen. This was an edge of your seat thriller, a real page turner. The subject matter was a little dark and gruesome so its not for the squeamish. The mystery was very well done and all the characters very well fleshed out . The storyline grabbed you from the first sentence all the way to the last. My only complaint is having to wait so long for the next book to come out. This is an ABSOLUTE for romantic suspense readers.
Julie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Speak No Evil by Tanya Anne Crosby is a Kensington publication. This was a March 2013 release.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the digital copy of this book.

Caroline returns home to South Carolina after her mother's death. She and her two sisters are stunned to discover their mother's will had a codicil that required them all to stay in S. Carolina for one year to receive their inheritance.
Caroline will run the newspaper her mother owned. The newspaper is a "dying breed". There is stif
Nicole Laverdure
Intense and exciting!

I adored Tanya Anne Crosby's novel Speak No Evil, of her Aldridge Sisters series. This author, knew how to get my attention from the beginning of the story by creating the mystery which surrounds the Aldridge family, among which their mother Florence and her three daughters Caroline, Augusta and Savannah. A novel filled with mystery, danger and passion, that kept me out of breath. I really loved all her characters in particular Caroline who is the heroine in this one.

The sto
Nicole Laverdure
Intense and exciting!

The sto
Lauren
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! It was full of suspense, lots of mystery, and a dash of some sexy. The entire time while reading this book I was trying to guess "whodunit," but in the end I was wrong... Or was I?

You see, once we reach the climax of this somewhat dark and twisty novel, it seems that all questions are answered. But I feel that there is more to this story than meets the eye. Without getting too far into spoilers, there is a specific part in the novel where the main suspect confronts Caroline.
Lynelle Clark
Cora Seton
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Florence Willodean Aldridge dies, she leaves behind her 27 million dollars and a house filled with family secrets and tragic memories. Caroline wants nothing to do with the house and nor does her sisters, Savannah and Augusta, but if they want their share of the 27 million dollars, they'll all have to spend a year within its walls. Savannah must write the book she's always meant to, Augusta is tasked with renovating the house. Caroline is ordered to take over the Tribune, her mother's newsp ...more
Books Mom
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complex and full of details, Speak No Evil is an engaging suspense.

The author covers incredible amounts of ground in this book, building backstory (the sisters' dysfunctional life with their mother who never stopped mourning the loss of her son) , the relationship between Jack and Caroline, the disappearance of a young girl, Caroline's being thrust into power at her mother's newspaper, and a possible serial killer. There's an insane amount of stuff happening here, and amazingly, the author manag
Melanie
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the series about the Aldridge sisters, Caroline, Augusta, and Savannah and the plot revolves about their memories of their brothers disappearance years ago. First up is Caroline and I have to say that she was an interesting and complex character.

The story is well written and the characters are well developed, making this story interesting and suspenseful.

If you’re a romantic suspense reader, I highly recommend you pick this one up because the ride will be thrilling and
Forgetfulone
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2014
Dsbook
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and read it straight through. Could not put it down. I have read both books that have been released in this series and loved both of them. I highly recommend this book to mystery/romantic suspense readers.
Julie Bird
This was a bit underwhelming for me. It left a cliffhanger, but I don't think I care enough to get through the next book to resolve it.
Riley
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, suspense
Speak No Evil is not something I would normally read. I generally stick to SciFi and historical fiction. But I decided to pick up Speak No Evil because a) it is written by an author who’s historical fiction I enjoy and b) it was free (and still is as of when I am writing this.) Then I added on the audiobook for a very reasonable price.

Good decision. Speak No Evil is gothic and creepy. Maybe those are two words for the same thing, but I needed to write both of them. Dark, with a little bit of sou
Literati Literature Lovers
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

3.25 Stars
This is actually book one in the reading order, the book specified as book one is a novella that I would not read until after the first two, as it contains spoilers. The book centers around three sisters who have grown apart since they all left home a decade ago. The three sisters have come home to bury their mother. They all fall into more than one mystery.

This is written as a romantic suspense, but the romance at times is uneven because the couples past is resolved too quickly
Amy Young-Brown
Read entire review and others at amypauline.com!

Speak No Evil is definitely worth the read. It was so good… right up until the ending.

I found out that Speak No Evil is the first of a series, which might explain why the ending leaves us wanting more. Caroline’s mother dies, and her and her two sisters are reunited and have to live together for a year to get the money left to them in the will. Now, its quite a lump sum, so they obviously are all going to at least attempt to live together for a yea
Dekaydreader
Sorry to say that not only was this not the best thing I've ever read, but my personal opinion is that exclamation points, along with other unusual punctuation, should be used very sparingly. This story was not only festered with enough exclamation points to serve a ream of circus flyers, it was also plagued with multiple bursts of ellipses and em dashes suddenly dropped into series of sentences.
Disconcerting to say the least. There were other things that detracted from the story line as well, s
Patricia
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
What is happening here?

This book was so good. I love that it takes place in around atmospheric Charleston with its massive oaks dripping with ss and swampy creeks and rivers surrounding old southern ruins of plantation life. It sets the scene for great mysteries and intriguing plot twists between the offspring of the former newspaper owner and the characters that surround their lives. Be prepared for the surprising end. I will not say ending because you're going to feel cheated. If you think you
Teresa
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tanya Anne Crosby has written the promise of a thrilling series. The three Aldridge Sisters are so different and each character is well-developed by Ms. Crosby. The sisters are forced to come together, each with her own requirement in order to meet the terms of their late mother's large bequest in her Last Will and Testament. Although Caroline seems to be highlighted throughout the story, I am hoping we get to know Savannah and Augusta better in the next two installments.
Marcia Ditter
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent suspenseful read.
It is the story of three sisters, Caroline, Augusta, and Savannah.
Their mother has passed away and they come home for the funeral.
Their mother’s will has some surprises.
There’s the old romance between Caroline and Jack .
Then there are murders.
Can’t wait to read the second and third books.
Debbie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the reading of this book. Some romance, some mystery, some family dynamics to figure out. But there was SO much missing about the killer and his motives and even if the killer the author is leading us to believe, is he/she really the killer? Underwhelming. Cliffhanger.
Will only read next in series if I can get it for free via library or 99 cents on Amazon.
Ted Tayler
"Southern sisters"

I guess you need to live in the South to understand the machinations of the family dynasties. This all seemed too reminiscent of the overblown TV dramas of the 80s that made mountains out of molehills at the end of every episode. Any suspense was virtually missing and the ending was a disappointment. Not for me.
Donna Engler
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A super neat mystery

Loved the sisters and the suspense that grew all through the book. Terrifying at times but couldn’t put it down. I guess I’ll have to buy the next book, but don’t know if I want to continue being scared out of my skin by whatever comes next in the lives of these sisters. Overall I really enjoyed it. That’s all.
Judith Fraser
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great as always!

I love the way Tanya Anne Crosby weaves a tale. The characters are believable and vulnerable, living a life you become immersed in. This is a great read and I look forward to reading more about the family.
Rita
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of suspense and drama. It has great characters with a wonderful plot. I read the book in one sitting. The author will keep you on the edge of your seat. It has a lot of murder and romance. I love how the author kept my attention throughout the entire book.
Mavi Santacruz
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Predictable to be a thriller

I would say this was a little romantic and suspense. I kept reading because I wanted to know who was the murderer but was disappointed to find out my suspicious were right, so for that it was predictable.
Sharon Bodnar
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and the richness of the characters, the puzzling mystery, the Southern locations and the Caroline and Jack romance. Also cool was the newspaper setting and the challenges set up for the three sisters. Bought the second in series as soon as I was done.
Becca
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was going to give this three stars originally because it wasn't badly written, just not for me. BUT that ending, and the romance and Augie...I just can't. It was bad. I'm sorry. I wanted to like it but there was no logic and pacing in any of this.
Stuart F. Stowers
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Am the elements of a great thriller

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A great sorry that held my interest and kept me guessing, romantic tension, likeable characters, and a thriller of an ending.
Jacki Prettyman
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good mystery!

This story took you places you never thought. My brain kept trying to figure out who the killer was while still dealing with while trying to also reconnect three sisters and an ex-boyfriend. Great book
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
  • Birth of an Assassin (Birth of an Assassin)
  • Enchanted & Desired (Enchanted, #2)
  • The Exhibition (The Executive Decision Trilogy, #3)
  • The Santa Claus Killer
  • The Doctor and The Assassin
  • Nobody Has to Know
  • Twelfth Sun
  • The Girl in the Empty Dress (Bennett Sisters #2)
  • The Orphan Uprising (The Orphan Trilogy, #3)
  • Too Sexy for His  Stetson
  • When a Stranger Comes
  • Love and Protect
  • Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
  • Cognac Conspiracies
  • The Forbidden Secrets of the Goody Box: Relationship Advice That Your Father Didn't Tell You and Your Mother Didn't Know
  • Love Found in California (The Washington Triplets, #3)
  • Passion (White Collared, #4)
Tanya Anne Crosby is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirty novels. She has been featured in magazines, such as People, Romantic Times and Publisher’s Weekly, and her books have been translated into eight languages. Her first novel was published in 1992 by Avon Books, where Tanya was hailed as “one of Avon’s fastest rising stars.” Her fourth book was chosen to launch the com ...more

Aldridge Sisters (3 books)
  • Tell No Lies (The Aldridge Sisters #2)
  • Cold, Dead Sleep (Aldridge Sisters, #3)