Start by marking “Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)

Dark Desires

(Pure/Dark Ones #3)

Ryu Takamura is the Dark Ones’ Assassin. He has never missed his target…until now. Until her.

Ava Monroe is a talented geneticist who holds the key to the vampire race’s future…and perhaps her own as well.

Their attraction is explosive from the first. She would do anything to have him. He would sacrifice all to protect her.

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossib
Published April 5th 2018 by Amazon

Start your review of Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)
Princess under cover
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves PNR!!!
I LOVE RYU!!! All over again I am reminded of how much I (LUST) LOVE the Hero of this book! There's something overwhelmingly sexy about a very unknowable, black-leather-clad, motorcycle racing Ninja Assassin... I dunno, maybe it's just me...

ya think???? What's not the love??? Oh, AND he's hung like a stallion. I rest my case.

(Oh yeah, and heart of gold and wicked smart, blah blah blah :P)

Here comes round two. Reading with buddy group. Hopefully we get to read the entire series together cuz
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
i’m Back to 5 full-hearted stars for this book! Omg, I love Ryu and Ava so much!! I ❤️ their chemistry, their banter, their opposites attract thing, his coolness +her warmth, his aloofness + her proactive directness... LOVE IT ALL!!! If there was a poll on the “coolest Hero” in the series, it would have to be Ryu! Head-to-toe black leather on a racing motorcycle... sigh....

My second read with buddy group: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

On the second read, given that my buddy group is ma
Deborah Obida
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deborah by: Princess under cover
Dark Desires is the third book in the Pure/Dark Ones series. Just like the second book this book is also about a dark one. This series has lots of qualities that I like in PNR. It's fast paced, average dose romance, the romance didn't overpower the plot, the both walked hand in hand, plot continuation and amazing characters. I like that even though the main characters are different in each book the main plot still continues. I like the change of scenery, each book is set in different cities, thi ...more
Azet
ALRIGHT,IT`S HAPPENING AGAIN!I am in love...
Fast-paced plot with hardcore action,mystery,dark fantasy and a sizzling romance with main-characters to die for!In "Dark Desires" the third instalment in the Paranormal "Pure/Dark Ones"-series the author takes us to Tokyo Japan with the quirky scientist Ava Monroe and the Dark One assassin Ryu Takamura who has the mission to destroy anything related to Ava`s science project.It will make for a stimulating and unforgettable adventure!Aja James already f
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Alright... I'm feeling way too much right now after reading this one. Trying to get my head together..

I gotta be honest and say it took me a minute to actually become invested with what was going on here. I wasn't feeling all the technical aspects/jargon with this one. It felt in certain areas, for me, to be throwing me out of the flow of the story; even though it was central to Ryu & Ava's story. But because of this fact, I quickly got over it. Especially when the pacing of everything began to
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle... & a REALLY Long Charger

In a word: wowza!

What to even say...? I've read the first 3 books in this series, and thus far, they keep getting better and better!

This book centers around Ryu, a Dark One nicknamed "The Assassin." Ryu was born to a human mother in Japan in the 15th century; as he was raised in the western world's equivalent of a high-class brothel of the time, he was shown little affection and did not know his father's identity during his decidedly difficult childhood. As a pre-adolescent, he train
Becca
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it!

This books had me at times filled with such heartbreak, but I loved how in the end everything all came together. It was amazing and honestly I was grinning from ear to ear at the end! Amazing!

*************************************************************

After reading it the second time I’ve realized this one was just to short too! 😂 I feel like I need to make this longer as well. This books is another amazing one from the series. As along with all others it will leave you on the edge of
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, reviewed-2019
James continues to build a stellar series!

Ryu and Ava’s story answered a lot of questions from the previous novels and after completing this now there are many more to be answered. James is quite gifted with stories contained inside stories which is addictive.

This story for me lacked an alpha type hero and heroine but it is still fantastic. I did like Ava’s lack of a filter which gave me a giggle at times. Although not necessarily a strong character she was quiet funny. Ava fell in love far to
Janine
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so so incredible good. I'm afraid I am not having the skill to describe this book and its qualities properly, but trying nevertheless :D

Starting with: Ryu - oh my lord. The hero in this book blew my mind away. Completely. Starting with the first scene, I was mesmerized.
It's not just him being "dark-chocolate-fudge-Arabian-stallion". (although a part I appreciated very very much :D)
His back story and his demons were so heart wrenching. But nevertheless he is so smart, loyal and emot
Aja James
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorite-series
I don't write reviews for myself, but if I did, OF COURSE I'm the best writer and this is the BEST BOOK ever!!! :P

Seriously, I thought I'd use this forum to share a bit of what went into writing this book, because of all of the books in the series, this might be the one I liked writing the best. It's also the one that took the least amount of time to write because it was just flowing out of me like it insisted on being told.

The reason I like writing about it is because it's the only book in the
Danielle's
Dark Desires is the third book in the Pure/Dark one's series. It can be read as a standalone.

Ava is smart with genius IQ status. She is good with knowledge but lacking in the social skills department. On her travels from New York to Japan, she meets Ryu. He's a vampire and an assassin. He is part of the Dark Ones. There are two vampire races who are on the verge of war. The Pure ones can only get intimate with the true mates. The dark ones are created and the Pure ones are born. Ava is instantl
Sunseeker☀️
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
3.5 stars- This is my first read by this author. I like the world building as it is a bit different with the Pure Ones and Dark Ones. I however, had a hard time liking Ava’s character. She was so desperate for the hero that it turned me off. But that’s me! I love Alphas males that chase their women not the other way around. I suppose that attitude dates me but each to their own! All in all a decent read.
Silvia Drascall
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav, prn, re-reading
Another amazing plot... just love ❤️ Ryu & Ava...and the journey...oh, man f*cking fabulastica...💯💯💣🥇🤘 ...more
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
This series is just incredible, i devoured this book in a day....

This story in my opinion differs remarkably from the others as its main focus is Ava and Ryu, we get a glimpse at some new problems arising for the dark/pure ones, but the main story is centered on these two.... Dont get me wrong i missed Dalair alot!!!!! but it was refreshing to get away from all the guns and fighting and sit back with more of a intimate installment.

Ava has to be my fave heroine so far she is brilliant

But i do
Allyson
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo freaking awesome....I think this is my favorite so far...On to the next one!!!
Claudie ☾
Ryu is HANDS DOWN my favorite hero in this series so far! 😍 I LOVE a well-written ‘damaged’ hero with self-esteem issues, and he was just so perfect. Oh my goodness, I couldn’t get enough of this guy. I melted into a puddle of goo every time he appeared in all his dark, mysterious, sexy glory. In that, I’m afraid I wasn’t much better than the heroine, Ava.

Speaking of Ava… I couldn’t bring myself to like her, no matter how hard I tried. Compared to such amazing women as Rain and Inanna, she fell
Candace
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-5-star
Ryu Takamura is the Dark One known as the Assassin. In fifteenth century Japan he was "raised the first ten years of his life in a whore house and abandoned thereafter at a Shinto Shrine." In present-day Japan he is a ninja vampire who dresses and speaks with extreme care. "Truth be told, he disdained sharing any part of himself with others; including his body."

Ava Monroe is a geneticist with an I.Q. over 200. She has multiple degrees and teaches. Ava was born and raised in the Bronx, New York.
TamaraT
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! The pacing was awesome and there were only a few perspective changes that made absolutely sense. The way the different storylines came together felt natural and not rushed at all.

The characters:
Ava: LOVED Ava. She is unrepentantly herself and goes for what she wants which is something I both respect and envy. Ok so her 200 IQ was over the top, but her being super smart and her profession gave an interesting storyline. The idea of Vampires trying to manipulate themselves thro
Debra Johnson
Dark Desires by Aja James
Genres; Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Suspense.
4.75 Stars

I am so impressed I don't know where to begin. I have put this review off for a full day & still my mind boggles at the amount of creativity Ms. Aja James shows in her writing.
The world build alone is beyond intriguing and beautifully complex. It keeps you on your toes. You just never know what mysteries each and every book will reveal. You are always pleasantly surprised.

Up to this point, all the mc's of eac
Coco.V
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/19/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossible odds as they battle enemies new and old? Especially the demons from Ryu’s past?
Mary Ortiz
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of many thanks to Aja for the opportunity to read this book. Ryu is an assassin for the the dark ones and also a ninja. He has never loved and never been loved , as you can imagine this does make for a lonely existence especially when you are thousands of years old. Ava is a human and a rather brilliant one at that she has 2 PhDs and an Md. Ava is on her way to Japan to work with a team of scientists, she wants to find a cure or at least treatments for diseases. Ava meets Ryu and she finds ...more
Paola
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, paranormal
I really loved this story about a paranormal romance between a dark one and a human girl, the hero is a broken soul and the heroin is a brave and smart woman....they make an explosive couple, that been said, I must add that I'll be looking forward to read more about some new characters introduced in this book.
Liz
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love how the female leads are all accomplished in their own rights. Ava is quirky without a filter and with a higher IQ than Albert Einstein. The heat between Ryu and Ava is sizzling!

The building suspense in this series is so gradual and realistic that it is starting to work on me however, what will happen next?
Brenda
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mercy but this was an explosive read! Ryu and Ava's chemistry was a time bomb ticking. Ryu, the Dark One known as the Assassin, and Ava, the brilliant geneticist. Their story is fantastic! Ryu is so quiet compared to Ava, but they're oh so great together. Ryu's background brought tears to my eyes, so heartbreaking. Ava's, on the other hand, was heartwarming.

Each new character introduced in this series brings a new piece to the puzzle and I'm having so much fun arranging these pieces in my head
Sandra
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by Aja James before. I kept seeing her name pop up in my Goodreads mentions, so I decided to give her a try.

Now usually if I pick a new series to read, I'll start with book number one and ease my way into it. But not this time. Dark Desires was my recommended starting point and WOW! Was it it great start.

Dark Desires is the third book in Pure/Dark Ones series. I was a little worried about skipping books one and two, but I didn't have any trouble getting right into the s
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This is the third book in the series, but can be read as a standalone. Dr Ava Monroe meets Ryu on a plane travelling to Tokyo, while Ava is a geneticist and her work is her life. The moment she meets him she is captivated and he is all she can think about.
Ryu is a vampire one of the dark ones as he was made. He is tracking Ava because of the research she is involved, and the research team she has come to work with.
This is an enjoyable series, and anot
Lorrie (Clockworkbookworm)
4.5 - Aja James writes amazing characters. My heart bleeds for the "Prisoner". I want to know more about Shinobi/The Master.
Neha Singh
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a delight to read! I absolutely loved Ryu and Ava as our main protagonists. It was little insta - lovey but it did not bother me here that much as I really liked both the characters and chemistry between them.

Apart from the characters and romance, I really liked the description of Japan & their culture. I am an anime lover so all the interactions and the way our author beautifully described locations and their food, it really made me excited and I was able to visualize everything in
Stefanie Bailey
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
omg 5 stars.
This is shaping up to be my favorite series of all time.
I love the BDB but there's something about the length of these installments that is so satisfying... and love how all the characters have something endearing - virgin, never been kissed, never loved... gimmie more.
Jean
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

This story was centered around Ryu and Ava.

I really enjoyed this third book, it was better than the second book in my opinion and not as "intense" as the first book, so, I had fun with reading about Ava.

Her openness and bluntness was refreshing.

This book was really good in my opinion.

I liked the female lead:
"The guy next to her had cheekbones that could cut glass."

Her inner dialogue had me laughing out loud several times..

The reader learns more about the mysterious Enlil in this book.

I liked the
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tree of Souls (Transfusion Saga, #6)
  • Calistos (Guardians of Hades, #5)
  • The Longing of Lone Wolves (Fae Guardians #1)
  • Map of Sorrows (Transfusion Saga #5)
  • Kingdoms Of Hell (Transfusion Saga, #7)
  • Dark Choices: Paradigm Shift (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 42)
  • Rise Of Ashes (Transfusion Saga #4)
  • Blood Of Kings (Transfusion Saga #3)
  • Venom Of God (Transfusion Saga #2)
  • Dark Overlord’s Clan (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 40)
  • Transfusion (Transfusion Saga #1)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10)
  • Vampire Claim (Real Men of Othercross #2)
  • Queen Takes Darkness (Their Vampire Queen, #6.5)
  • Inferno (Dark Kings Novel #18)
  • Dark Choices: The Quandary (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 41)
  • Rafael (Stone Society #1)
Hello readers!

If you like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Shannon Butcher, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, as well as epic fantasy authors (George RR Martin comes to mind :)... check out my new series the Pure/ Dark Ones:

Book 1 Pure Healing:

Free excerpt! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8hym4xhvjd

Book 2 Dark Longing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Free excerpt! https://dl

Pure/Dark Ones (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
  • Pure Rapture (Pure/ Dark Ones #5)
  • Dark Redemption: A Novel of the Dark Ones (#4) (Pure/ Dark Ones Book 6)
  • Pure Ecstasy: A Novel of the Pure Ones (Pure/ Dark Ones Book 8)
  • Dark Obsession (Pure/Dark Ones #8)
  • Pure Providence (Pure/ Dark Ones #8.5)
  • Pure Magnetism (Pure/ Dark Ones #9)
  • Pure Surrender (Pure/ Dark Ones #10)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...
“Her mom always encouraged her to ask for things. Tell the truth. Ask permission. Unless you have to do something you know is right and can’t wait for permission. Then ask for forgiveness. But always be true to yourself and be honest with your feelings. No point beating around the bush when life is short.” 6 likes
“But no matter how hard she listened, all she heard was that voice. It was what the ocean would sound like if it were male and awakening from a satisfying slumber after a night of mind-blowing sex.” 3 likes