Start by marking “Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)

Dark Desires

(Pure/ Dark Ones #3)

Ryu Takamura is the Dark Ones’ Assassin. He has never missed his target…until now. Until her.

Ava Monroe is a talented geneticist who holds the key to the vampire race’s future…and perhaps her own as well.

Their attraction is explosive from the first. She would do anything to have him. He would sacrifice all to protect her.

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossib
Published April 5th 2018 by Amazon

Princess under cover
I LOVE RYU!!! All over again I am reminded of how much I (LUST) LOVE the Hero of this book! There's something overwhelmingly sexy about a very unknowable, black-leather-clad, motorcycle racing Ninja Assassin... I dunno, maybe it's just me...

ya think???? What's not the love??? Oh, AND he's hung like a stallion. I rest my case.

(Oh yeah, and heart of gold and wicked smart, blah blah blah :P)

Here comes round two. Reading with buddy group. Hopefully we get to read the entire series together cuz th
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
i’m Back to 5 full-hearted stars for this book! Omg, I love Ryu and Ava so much!! I ❤ their chemistry, their banter, their opposites attract thing, his coolness +her warmth, his aloofness + her proactive directness... LOVE IT ALL!!! If there was a poll on the “coolest Hero” in the series, it would have to be Ryu! Head-to-toe black leather on a racing motorcycle... sigh....

My second read with buddy group: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

On the second read, given that my buddy group is mak
Shari Kay
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
3.5 ✭ ish...rounding up because: new-to-me-author, I stayed up late to finish and I may just be too old for the tone of this heroine.

I've been hearing so much about this author/series but the first two book's premises didn't appeal to me (though after meeting the couple from book 2 I'm willing to reconsider that one...maybe). Some GR friends that love this series let me know that DD is pretty much a standalone, and though I loathe skipping around in a series, I decided my curiosity was too high
MG
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

In a word: wowza!

What to even say...? I've read the first 3 books in this series, and thus far, they keep getting better and better!

This book centers around Ryu, a Dark One nicknamed "The Assassin." Ryu was born to a human mother in Japan in the 15th century; as he was raised in the western world's equivalent of a high-class brothel of the time, he was shown little affection and did not know his father's identity during his decidedly difficult childhood. As a pre-adolescent, he train
Silvia Drascall
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav, prn, re-reading
Another amazing plot... just love ❤ Ryu & Ava...and the journey...oh, man f*cking fabulastica...💯💯💣🥇🤘 ...more
Sunseeker☀️
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
3.5 stars- This is my first read by this author. I like the world building as it is a bit different with the Pure Ones and Dark Ones. I however, had a hard time liking Ava’s character. She was so desperate for the hero that it turned me off. But that’s me! I love Alphas males that chase their women not the other way around. I suppose that attitude dates me but each to their own! All in all a decent read.
D.M.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Dark Desires is the third book in the Pure/Dark one's series. It can be read as a standalone.

Ava is smart with genius IQ status. She is good with knowledge but lacking in the social skills department. On her travels from New York to Japan, she meets Ryu. He's a vampire and an assassin. He is part of the Dark Ones. There are two vampire races who are on the verge of war. The Pure ones can only get intimate with the true mates. The dark ones are created and the Pure ones are born. Ava is instantl
This series is just incredible, i devoured this book in a day....

This story in my opinion differs remarkably from the others as its main focus is Ava and Ryu, we get a glimpse at some new problems arising for the dark/pure ones, but the main story is centered on these two.... Dont get me wrong i missed Dalair alot!!!!! but it was refreshing to get away from all the guns and fighting and sit back with more of a intimate installment.

Ava has to be my fave heroine so far she is brilliant

But i do l
Candace
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-5-star
Ryu Takamura is the Dark One known as the Assassin. In fifteenth century Japan he was "raised the first ten years of his life in a whore house and abandoned thereafter at a Shinto Shrine." In present-day Japan he is a ninja vampire who dresses and speaks with extreme care. "Truth be told, he disdained sharing any part of himself with others; including his body."

Ava Monroe is a geneticist with an I.Q. over 200. She has multiple degrees and teaches. Ava was born and raised in the Bronx, New York.
Aja James
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorite-series
I don't write reviews for myself, but if I did, OF COURSE I'm the best writer and this is the BEST BOOK ever!!! :P

Seriously, I thought I'd use this forum to share a bit of what went into writing this book, because of all of the books in the series, this might be the one I liked writing the best. It's also the one that took the least amount of time to write because it was just flowing out of me like it insisted on being told.

The reason I like writing about it is because it's the only book in the
Allyson Morris
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo freaking awesome....I think this is my favorite so far...On to the next one!!!
Debra Johnson
Dark Desires by Aja James
Genres; Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Suspense.
4.75 Stars

I am so impressed I don't know where to begin. I have put this review off for a full day & still my mind boggles at the amount of creativity Ms. Aja James shows in her writing.
The world build alone is beyond intriguing and beautifully complex. It keeps you on your toes. You just never know what mysteries each and every book will reveal. You are always pleasantly surprised.

Up to this point, all the mc's of
Paola
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, favoritos
I really loved this story about a paranormal romance between a dark one and a human girl, the hero is a broken soul and the heroin is a brave and smart woman....they make an explosive couple, that been said, I must add that I'll be looking forward to read more about some new characters introduced in this book.
Liz
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love how the female leads are all accomplished in their own rights. Ava is quirky without a filter and with a higher IQ than Albert Einstein. The heat between Ryu and Ava is sizzling!

The building suspense in this series is so gradual and realistic that it is starting to work on me however, what will happen next?
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This is the third book in the series, but can be read as a standalone. Dr Ava Monroe meets Ryu on a plane travelling to Tokyo, while Ava is a geneticist and her work is her life. The moment she meets him she is captivated and he is all she can think about.
Ryu is a vampire one of the dark ones as he was made. He is tracking Ava because of the research she is involved, and the research team she has come to work with.
This is an enjoyable series, and anot
Sandra
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by Aja James before. I kept seeing her name pop up in my Goodreads mentions, so I decided to give her a try.

Now usually if I pick a new series to read, I'll start with book number one and ease my way into it. But not this time. Dark Desires was my recommended starting point and WOW! Was it it great start.

Dark Desires is the third book in Pure/Dark Ones series. I was a little worried about skipping books one and two, but I didn't have any trouble getting right into the s
Neha Singh
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a delight to read! I absolutely loved Ryu and Ava as our main protagonists. It was little insta - lovey but it did not bother me here that much as I really liked both the characters and chemistry between them.

Apart from the characters and romance, I really liked the description of Japan & their culture. I am an anime lover so all the interactions and the way our author beautifully described locations and their food, it really made me excited and I was able to visualize everythin
Coco.V
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/19/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossible odds as they battle enemies new and old? Especially the demons from Ryu’s past?
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
4.25 "Dark Chocolate" Stars

This was another great addition to the series. The writing is as always, superb. The reason for a 4.25* over a 5*... Well... IDK... Maybe it's just...

I'm in a funk, I guess. I kinda feel things wrapped up a little too easily for Rhu & Ava. I didn't feel their connection as intensely as the previous couples books. I missed all the other characters popping in & out. I felt Rhu's past could have been dug into deeper. The climax could have been extended. I wanted
Faith Richie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aja James has done it yet again in the 3rd installment of the Dark Ones. The tug and pull of lust and love between Ava and Ryu will you leave breathless. This dynamic couple; a witty, intelligent woman, and broody, high strung, sexy man, is the third unique destined love we get to see unfold in this complex multi layered world Ms James has created. I was completely captivated by her details of the Japanese culture. I felt immersed into a land I’ve only been able to read about. I look forward to ...more
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Goddess Fish Promotions/RABT Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.4.5 STARS

Paranormal romance with multiple-POV.

War between the pure ones(sort of a vampire) against the vampires.

Book #3 of a series that I wouldn't recommend to be read as a stand-alone. This world-build is so rich that it can be confusing, specially for those that haven't been following the series.

This series is o
Lea Vanderlei
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enraptured!!

I was completely enraptured with this book! If you don't have the time to get lost for hours in reading then I would not start this book!
Harlie Williams
Where to start? As you know, I don’t normally review paranormal romance. Then you throw in a bit of fantasy, too and I sure don’t review those, much less read them. Well, this is the third book in a series that I started with book two. This one didn’t disappoint in most ways but overall, I found something lacking. Now, don’t get me wrong, Ava and Ryu were well round characters and I enjoyed getting to know them but I felt like the story was wrapped up too neatly.

The world building is phenomenal
Scarlett Ian
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book follows Ryu and Ava; two people that are on opposite sides of the spectrum. One is human, one is a vampire; one is a genius scientist and one is a trained assassin. Honestly I probably wouldn’t have put these two together, but Aja James made it work. Their connection and attraction was prevalent from their first meeting on the plane. Ryu keeps trying to remember that she is his target, but he just can’t seem to resist her; something about her calls to him. I’m not going to spoil the en ...more
Keisha Fite
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is like an onion!

This series is like an onion. You will keep pulling back the layers and you may cry while working to get to the core. Ooh my gosh the layers. I love the characters layers and development. Aja is moving up to my top ten list. She is making her way up there to Christine Feehan’s top spot.
Linda Rea
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having not read the previous books in the series you can easily jump into this one. When Ava is requested to fly to Japan to lend her knowledge to a project she is beyond excited until she is seated next to Ryu Takamura a beautiful man with features that look cut from glass. Even though Ava is part of his mission something about her calls to him and he has a hard time thinking about ending her. Ava is a bit naive about the world but she knows she feels really strongly for Ryu but she doesn’t kno ...more
Bunnycore
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book for my honest opinion*

I feel this series is getting gradually more exciting, I can not wait to see what happens next. This installment of the book had plucked at my heart strings and made me smile. The end made me cry I am glad that I got the option to read this book. I am looking forward to see what James does next she makes a compelling story.

Her H/h are easy to relate to in their own way. I love the damaged Hero feel of Ryu. I loved his story and I am excited
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received a copy from the author for review. This does not affect my review.*

Another swoon worthy read in this series! While this wasn't my favorite couple in this series, I did love reading their story, and the emotion and intensity through out this book was brilliantly handled!
India
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pleasantly surpised!

Pretty good book about a vampire assassin. Sassy and tortured soul! Definately plan on checking out other books in the series
Firstpella
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And we enter the world of tears along with the sex, vampires, and humor - all that is required to make a good story a truly good story. The little birdie...the General (my ultimate Alpha)...’Papa’ (commence sobbing)...girlie tears.
This tale had more depth, from the crack me up Parental Unit Ava deals with, to The Master (hubba hubba), the lovestory had balance.
While I appreciate that these glorious tales are currently on Kindle Unlimited, I’m buying each cause I know they will all be re-reads.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: Dark Desires buddy read 56 24 Jan 27, 2019 02:05PM
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: * Your Favorite Dark Desires Quotes 30 15 Dec 27, 2018 08:46PM
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: Dark Desires Review Giveaway!! 8 16 Dec 08, 2018 06:34PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 1 1 Apr 22, 2018 07:58PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 1 2 Apr 15, 2018 08:55PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 2 1 Apr 09, 2018 07:11AM
  • Aldin's Wish (Enchanted Immortals, #1)
  • In the Beginning
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • Stolen Wish (Blood Realm #5)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • A Handful of Fire
  • A Princess's Duty (Of Fire and Frost, #1)
  • Ice Warrior: (Dark Warrior Alliance Book 13)
  • The Hunger
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Touch of Ice (Dawn of Dragons, #1)
  • Love at First Bite (Just a Little Taste, #1)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Primal Planet Guardian (Ice Dragon Shifters Of Veloria, #1)
  • Iniquity (Ascent, #1)
  • Damned (Magnus Blackwell, #1)
  • It's You (It's You #2)
  • A Mutual Favor
Hello readers!

If you like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Shannon Butcher, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, as well as epic fantasy authors (George RR Martin comes to mind :)... check out my new series the Pure/ Dark Ones:

Book 1 Pure Healing:

Free excerpt! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8hym4xhvjd

Book 2 Dark Longing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Free excerpt! https://dl

Pure/ Dark Ones (9 books)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
  • Pure Rapture (Pure/ Dark Ones #5)
  • Dark Redemption (Pure/ Dark Ones #6)
  • Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5)
  • Pure Ecstasy (Pure/ Dark Ones #7)
  • Dark Obsession (Pure/ Dark Ones #8)
“But no matter how hard she listened, all she heard was that voice. It was what the ocean would sound like if it were male and awakening from a satisfying slumber after a night of mind-blowing sex.” 0 likes
“He was wearing sunglasses despite the descending dark, but she could recognize him by his long, smooth strides from a mile away, the way his wide shoulders moved in sync with his narrow hips and tight ass. Meow. He could strut her catwalk any time.” 0 likes