Start by marking “Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)

Dark Desires

(Pure/ Dark Ones #3)

Ryu Takamura is the Dark Ones’ Assassin. He has never missed his target…until now. Until her.

Ava Monroe is a talented geneticist who holds the key to the vampire race’s future…and perhaps her own as well.

Their attraction is explosive from the first. She would do anything to have him. He would sacrifice all to protect her.

But will their love triumph over seemingly
Published April 5th 2018 by Amazon

Start your review of Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)
Princess under cover
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves PNR!!!
I LOVE RYU!!! All over again I am reminded of how much I (LUST) LOVE the Hero of this book! There's something overwhelmingly sexy about a very unknowable, black-leather-clad, motorcycle racing Ninja Assassin... I dunno, maybe it's just me...

ya think???? What's not the love??? Oh, AND he's hung like a stallion. I rest my case.

(Oh yeah, and heart of gold and wicked smart, blah blah blah :P)

Here comes round two. Reading with buddy group. Hopefully we get to read the entire series together cuz
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
i’m Back to 5 full-hearted stars for this book! Omg, I love Ryu and Ava so much!! I their chemistry, their banter, their opposites attract thing, his coolness +her warmth, his aloofness + her proactive directness... LOVE IT ALL!!! If there was a poll on the “coolest Hero” in the series, it would have to be Ryu! Head-to-toe black leather on a racing motorcycle... sigh....

My second read with buddy group: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

On the second read, given that my buddy group is
MG
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

In a word: wowza!

What to even say...? I've read the first 3 books in this series, and thus far, they keep getting better and better!

This book centers around Ryu, a Dark One nicknamed "The Assassin." Ryu was born to a human mother in Japan in the 15th century; as he was raised in the western world's equivalent of a high-class brothel of the time, he was shown little affection and did not know his father's identity during his decidedly difficult childhood. As a pre-adolescent, he
Becca
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it!

This books had me at times filled with such heartbreak, but I loved how in the end everything all came together. It was amazing and honestly I was grinning from ear to ear at the end! Amazing!

*************************************************************

After reading it the second time I’ve realized this one was just to short too! I feel like I need to make this longer as well. This books is another amazing one from the series. As along with all others it will leave you on the edge of
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019, 4-star
James continues to build a stellar series!

Ryu and Ava’s story answered a lot of questions from the previous novels and after completing this now there are many more to be answered. James is quite gifted with stories contained inside stories which is addictive.

This story for me lacked an alpha type hero and heroine but it is still fantastic. I did like Ava’s lack of a filter which gave me a giggle at times. Although not necessarily a strong character she was quiet funny. Ava fell in love far to
Janine
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so so incredible good. I'm afraid I am not having the skill to describe this book and its qualities properly, but trying nevertheless :D

Starting with: Ryu - oh my lord. The hero in this book blew my mind away. Completely. Starting with the first scene, I was mesmerized.
It's not just him being "dark-chocolate-fudge-Arabian-stallion". (although a part I appreciated very very much :D)
His back story and his demons were so heart wrenching. But nevertheless he is so smart, loyal and
Aja James
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorite-series
I don't write reviews for myself, but if I did, OF COURSE I'm the best writer and this is the BEST BOOK ever!!! :P

Seriously, I thought I'd use this forum to share a bit of what went into writing this book, because of all of the books in the series, this might be the one I liked writing the best. It's also the one that took the least amount of time to write because it was just flowing out of me like it insisted on being told.

The reason I like writing about it is because it's the only book in the
Sunseeker☀️
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
3.5 stars- This is my first read by this author. I like the world building as it is a bit different with the Pure Ones and Dark Ones. I however, had a hard time liking Ava’s character. She was so desperate for the hero that it turned me off. But that’s me! I love Alphas males that chase their women not the other way around. I suppose that attitude dates me but each to their own! All in all a decent read.
Silvia Drascall
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav, prn, re-reading
Another amazing plot... just love Ryu & Ava...and the journey...oh, man f*cking fabulastica... ...more
D.M.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Dark Desires is the third book in the Pure/Dark one's series. It can be read as a standalone.

Ava is smart with genius IQ status. She is good with knowledge but lacking in the social skills department. On her travels from New York to Japan, she meets Ryu. He's a vampire and an assassin. He is part of the Dark Ones. There are two vampire races who are on the verge of war. The Pure ones can only get intimate with the true mates. The dark ones are created and the Pure ones are born. Ava is
This series is just incredible, i devoured this book in a day....

This story in my opinion differs remarkably from the others as its main focus is Ava and Ryu, we get a glimpse at some new problems arising for the dark/pure ones, but the main story is centered on these two.... Dont get me wrong i missed Dalair alot!!!!! but it was refreshing to get away from all the guns and fighting and sit back with more of a intimate installment.

Ava has to be my fave heroine so far she is brilliant

But i do
Candace
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-5-star
Ryu Takamura is the Dark One known as the Assassin. In fifteenth century Japan he was "raised the first ten years of his life in a whore house and abandoned thereafter at a Shinto Shrine." In present-day Japan he is a ninja vampire who dresses and speaks with extreme care. "Truth be told, he disdained sharing any part of himself with others; including his body."

Ava Monroe is a geneticist with an I.Q. over 200. She has multiple degrees and teaches. Ava was born and raised in the Bronx, New York.
Debra Johnson
Dark Desires by Aja James
Genres; Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Suspense.
4.75 Stars

I am so impressed I don't know where to begin. I have put this review off for a full day & still my mind boggles at the amount of creativity Ms. Aja James shows in her writing.
The world build alone is beyond intriguing and beautifully complex. It keeps you on your toes. You just never know what mysteries each and every book will reveal. You are always pleasantly surprised.

Up to this point, all the mc's of
Allyson
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo freaking awesome....I think this is my favorite so far...On to the next one!!!
Mary Ortiz
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of many thanks to Aja for the opportunity to read this book. Ryu is an assassin for the the dark ones and also a ninja. He has never loved and never been loved , as you can imagine this does make for a lonely existence especially when you are thousands of years old. Ava is a human and a rather brilliant one at that she has 2 PhDs and an Md. Ava is on her way to Japan to work with a team of scientists, she wants to find a cure or at least treatments for diseases. Ava meets Ryu and she finds ...more
Paola
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, paranormal
I really loved this story about a paranormal romance between a dark one and a human girl, the hero is a broken soul and the heroin is a brave and smart woman....they make an explosive couple, that been said, I must add that I'll be looking forward to read more about some new characters introduced in this book.
Liz
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love how the female leads are all accomplished in their own rights. Ava is quirky without a filter and with a higher IQ than Albert Einstein. The heat between Ryu and Ava is sizzling!

The building suspense in this series is so gradual and realistic that it is starting to work on me however, what will happen next?
Sandra
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by Aja James before. I kept seeing her name pop up in my Goodreads mentions, so I decided to give her a try.

Now usually if I pick a new series to read, I'll start with book number one and ease my way into it. But not this time. Dark Desires was my recommended starting point and WOW! Was it it great start.

Dark Desires is the third book in Pure/Dark Ones series. I was a little worried about skipping books one and two, but I didn't have any trouble getting right into the
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This is the third book in the series, but can be read as a standalone. Dr Ava Monroe meets Ryu on a plane travelling to Tokyo, while Ava is a geneticist and her work is her life. The moment she meets him she is captivated and he is all she can think about.
Ryu is a vampire one of the dark ones as he was made. He is tracking Ava because of the research she is involved, and the research team she has come to work with.
This is an enjoyable series, and
Coco.V
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/19/2019)!

Blurb:

But will their love triumph over seemingly impossible odds as they battle enemies new and old? Especially the demons from Ryu’s past?
Neha Singh
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a delight to read! I absolutely loved Ryu and Ava as our main protagonists. It was little insta - lovey but it did not bother me here that much as I really liked both the characters and chemistry between them.

Apart from the characters and romance, I really liked the description of Japan & their culture. I am an anime lover so all the interactions and the way our author beautifully described locations and their food, it really made me excited and I was able to visualize
M.A. Gonzales
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty awesome story. Different, descriptive and original.
Monique
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

3,5 'My prisoner in the tower' stars

I had a hard time deciding how to rate this book. There were parts that I really enjoyed, parts that were ok and parts that made me roll my eyes. So here we have the good, the bad and the amazing.

Let's start with the good. I guess that all the books in the series have flashbacks from the distant past, considering more than half the cast of characters counts their years in centuries or millennia. In Dark Longing I wasn't a fan of those flashbacks because they
Bunnycore
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book for my honest opinion*

I feel this series is getting gradually more exciting, I can not wait to see what happens next. This installment of the book had plucked at my heart strings and made me smile. The end made me cry I am glad that I got the option to read this book. I am looking forward to see what James does next she makes a compelling story.

Her H/h are easy to relate to in their own way. I love the damaged Hero feel of Ryu. I loved his story and I am excited
Faith Richie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aja James has done it yet again in the 3rd installment of the Dark Ones. The tug and pull of lust and love between Ava and Ryu will you leave breathless. This dynamic couple; a witty, intelligent woman, and broody, high strung, sexy man, is the third unique destined love we get to see unfold in this complex multi layered world Ms James has created. I was completely captivated by her details of the Japanese culture. I felt immersed into a land I’ve only been able to read about. I look forward to ...more
Rise
Enjoyable read

This book was really funny. I had so much fun reading this book because Ava was such a lovable person to read about. I thought her character worked rather well together with Ryu. I'm glad that the General was located, however he came back without his vision but he was only mentioned in book 2 and never described. Is there any book in this series where the men are not so well built? Ughhh my fantasy men have been described so far in these first 3 book already.
Keisha Fite
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is like an onion!

This series is like an onion. You will keep pulling back the layers and you may cry while working to get to the core. Ooh my gosh the layers. I love the characters layers and development. Aja is moving up to my top ten list. She is making her way up there to Christine Feehan’s top spot.
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Goddess Fish Promotions/RABT Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.4.5 STARS

Paranormal romance with multiple-POV.

War between the pure ones(sort of a vampire) against the vampires.

Book #3 of a series that I wouldn't recommend to be read as a stand-alone. This world-build is so rich that it can be confusing, specially for those that haven't been following the series.

This series is
Daniell S
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple Yet Fantastic

This book was an easy page turner.
No crazy amount of fluff, good development of characters and the big story, and I really like that we got a game changer and a resolution on another issue from the last book.
Lea Vanderlei
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enraptured!!

I was completely enraptured with this book! If you don't have the time to get lost for hours in reading then I would not start this book!
« previous 1 3 next »
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: Dark Desires buddy read 89 54 15 hours, 29 min ago
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: * Your Favorite Dark Desires Quotes 30 16 Dec 27, 2018 08:46PM
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: Dark Desires Review Giveaway!! 8 26 Dec 08, 2018 06:34PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 1 1 Apr 22, 2018 07:58PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 1 2 Apr 15, 2018 08:55PM
RABT Book Tours: Dark Desires by Aja James 2 1 Apr 09, 2018 07:11AM

• Holiday Bride (Wolf Brides, #4)
  • Master of the Hunt (Huntress vs Huntsman, #1)
  • Bite Me (Dragons Love Curves #4)
  • Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)
  • Desired (Darker Places, #1)
  • Christmas Magic (Christmas Magic #1)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • His Human Vessel (Zandian Masters, #5)
  • Night of the Zandians (Zandian Brides, #1)
  • Steal Her Heart (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #1)
  • Tarrick (Warriors of the Lathar, #1)
  • Martinis with the Devil (Zyan Star Book 1)
  • King of the Fae (Blood Court, #1)
  • Revelations (Power of Love #1)
  • Chastely Bitten (Blood Alliance #1)
  • Rafael (Stone Society #1)
  • Ruwen (Mated To The Alien, #1)
  • Wicked Thorne (Cursed Coven, #1)
Hello readers!

If you like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Shannon Butcher, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, as well as epic fantasy authors (George RR Martin comes to mind :)... check out my new series the Pure/ Dark Ones:

Book 1 Pure Healing:

Free excerpt! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8hym4xhvjd

Book 2 Dark Longing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Free excerpt!

Pure/ Dark Ones (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
  • Pure Rapture (Pure/ Dark Ones #5)
  • Dark Redemption (Pure/ Dark Ones #6)
  • Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5)
  • Pure Ecstasy (Pure/ Dark Ones #7)
  • Dark Obsession (Pure/Dark Ones #8)
  • Pure Providence (Pure/ Dark Ones #8.5)
  • Pure Magnetism: A Novel of the Pure Ones (#4) (Pure/ Dark Ones Book 11)
“Her mom always encouraged her to ask for things. Tell the truth. Ask permission. Unless you have to do something you know is right and can’t wait for permission. Then ask for forgiveness. But always be true to yourself and be honest with your feelings. No point beating around the bush when life is short.” 6 likes
“But no matter how hard she listened, all she heard was that voice. It was what the ocean would sound like if it were male and awakening from a satisfying slumber after a night of mind-blowing sex.” 3 likes