Start by marking “Tin Men (The Clay Lion, # 2)” as Want to Read:
Tin Men (The Clay Lion, # 2)

Tin Men

(The Clay Lion #2)

Charlie's love for Brooke has grown in the years they've been together, but when his father dies in a tragic climbing accident, he discovers a well-hidden family secret which turns his life upside down and threatens to destroy his sense of self as well as his relationship with Brooke.

Although deep down Charlie always suspected his family wasn't what it seemed, the truth of
Published July 30th 2014 by Bermlord (first published July 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tin Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tin Men

Phrynne
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in a young adult series which is still very readable for not so young adults like me! The author has an interesting take on time travel in a future where every one is given one opportunity in their life time to experience it. However there are very strict rules for what you can and can't do during your trip. It's a clever idea and has lots of potential for repercussions and interesting story lines! This was a very speedy but enjoyable read and if there are more books written i ...more
Christoph Fischer
I consider myself very lucky that I managed to get hold of an ARC of “Tin Men” by Amalie Jahn.
After reading “The Clay Lion” I couldn’t wait to see where she would take her young adult time travelling series and Jahn did not disappoint me at all.
In “Clay Lion” Brooke tried to save her ill brother through time travel, this time the focus is on her boyfriend Charlie, who at the funeral of his father, finds out that he is adopted. The opening scene at the dreary funeral and the emotions that follow
Patrick Hodges
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, Ms. Jahn, you've gotten me twice now.

In the first book, The Clay Lion, Ms. Jahn introduced us to Brooke Wallace, a young woman so determined to change the past to make her present better that she failed to realize what she already had until it was almost too late. In Tin Men, Brooke's charming beau Charlie Johnson is faced with a crisis of his own.

All his life, Charlie has wanted to know his origins, or more specifically, his birth mother. But when he discovers in his investigation that th
Stefania Mattana
I loved more Tin Men than The Clay Lion (if that is possible).

In Tin Men we find all the main themes of The Clay Lion, but more empowered and full of new meanings and ideas to meditate.
Charlie's journey in the past to find the truth about his present is such a magnificent metaphor of the emotional and personal development a young adult has to tackle to became an adult.

Mrs Jahn delivered the story with her usual grace and excellent writing skills.
Now heading to book No3, this series is unmiss
Megan
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading (and LOVING) The Clay Lion, I was so excited to read the 2nd in the series, Tin Men. This book did not disappoint! There was a perfect balance of the sci fi/time travel aspect and personal relationships, so I never felt bored with the plot. I am excited to share this book with teenagers in my life. I love that the subject matter would really appeal to that age group, but it is very clean (no bad language or graphic scenes).
Elaine
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this book after reading The Clay Lion which I loved. I thought this book was not thought out as well as her first book. Towards the end of the book I caught myself just reading the first line of paragraphs trying to find the part where something happens. Without giving any spoilers, I thought the ending seemed to be an afterthought and a little absurd just to tie up the loose ends.
Esti
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved. Even better than the first
Beth Rodgers
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Tin Men' by Amalie Jahn is the second in her Clay Lion series. The story revolves around Charlie, who learns of his adoption after his father dies. Not knowing what to make of his life, and trying to decipher the truth from the lies he has grown up with, he struggles with who he is and what to do next. By his side are his girlfriend, Brooke, and his sister, Melody, as well as his mom and Brooke's parents. While he tries to figure out the truth about his father's death and how his biological mot ...more
Captain Awesome
In my opinion, this book was much better than the first. For starters, I didn't feel like this one was as predictable as The Clay Lion. I didn't know what Charlie was going to do or what the ending would be. I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting the twist towards the end. That said, I still did NOT enjoy the fact that the entire book was in past tense again. It was really grating. It was cool though to see the different perspective of the characters. The first book was of Brooke, and while ...more
Raquel Evans
This was a good follow up to The Clay Lion. Charlie is a little bit dumb at times, but still a great guy, and it all turns out in the end. I actually thought some loose ends were a little too tidy for believability in this case, though I think forgivably so.
Hil
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo! The second book was way better than the first.
Karen • The Book Return
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more on my blog.The Book Return Blog
*I received this book for free from the Author (via YA Books Central) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

In this continuation of the 'Clay Lion' series, Brooke's boyfriend Charlie takes his own journey into his past and in the process discovers who he really is.

I really enjoyed, 'The Clay Lion', and literally went right into 'Tin Men' as soon as I had finished the firs
Uvi Poznansky
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the other two books in the Clay Lion series, the title Tin Men has a clear allusion to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the journey it takes, complete with adventures and risk, to find yourself where you really belong: home.

From the start, Charlie questions his place in the world, he tries to look backwards into the secrets of the past. “I’ve always felt like everyone else was in on this big secret… From early on I realized something wasn’t right.” His parents kept the truth from him, which c
Eric J. Gates
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of execeptional sci-fi and great mystery tales
I have read a huge amount of sci-fi over the years, from the dystopian to the utopian, yet have never come across a novel with such a down-to-Earth feel about it as Amalie Jahn’s ‘Tin Men’. In fact, had I not known the book addressed the problems arising through the use of time travel, the first quarter of the novel read as a superb character-driven mystery tale, I knew I was still on to a great read. When the author started exploring the consequences of going back in time and unwillingly alteri ...more
Liv
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m always reluctant to jump into a Young Adult (YA) sequel when I really like the first book. I read a lot and have had more than my fair share of disappointment in this area. Tin Men, did not disappoint. It has a well-developed plot and creates continuity by making use of characters introduced in the first book. Though I hated to lose the point of view (POV) Brooke, I found that I was easily able to connect with the new main character, Charlie. I was pleasantly surprised at how much this book ...more
S.R. Mallery
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TIME TRAVEL AT ITS BEST

Having read Amalie Jahn before I knew I would undoubtedly be in for appealing characters and a well-written story. On that score TIN MEN did not disappoint! But what thoroughly surprised me was how well she handled the concept of time travel. Forever confused by movies such as, “Back to the Future II,” I had come to the conclusion that going back and forth into different time warps just ‘wasn’t my thing.’
Yet in Ms. Jahn’s skillful hands, not only did her heartfelt protagon
Tracy
Tin Men is a great follow-up to The Clay Lion! This time, we see the story through the eyes of Charlie Johnson, boyfriend to Brooke Wallace, who was the central character in the first book in the series.
After his father's unexpected death reveals a secret about his own past, 21-year-old Charlie enlists the aid of his girlfriend Brooke in the search for his birth mother. Answers spark more questions, and Charlie's obsession to know the truth can only be satisfied with a trip back in time, which i
Trisha Perry
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amalie Jahn hit it out of the park again with Tin Men. This one has all your favorite characters, but this time it is Charlie's life that is turns upside down and Charlie that is looking for answers only he can find in the past. But when Brook is adamant about him not using his trip, she has to finally break down and tell Charlie why he can't use his trip to get the answers he so desperately wants.

But when he decides he is going to do it any ways they find away for Brooke's past self to help him
Emily
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the prequel to this book, The Clay Lion, I was excited to purchase its sequel and learn more about its main characters, Brooke and Charlie. I was pleased to find some major developments in Jahn's characters in this book as well as some of the same tantalizing sci-fi elements that graced the previous book. Jahn obviously has quite an imagination, and it shows--one of the things I most appreciate about her writing so far is the way she introduces those sci-fi elements; it fits into t ...more
Kate Campos
I thought this book's primary downfall was its tendency to tell instead of show. As with book 1, it's a first person narrative but not as authentic as Brooke's story. She felt more raw and honest, whereas Charlie would have moments of anger and frustration but then have long droning paragraphs right afterwards where he became uncharacteristically introspective.

A number of times throughout the book, the author made convenient jumps that didn't feel true to the story. This broke the flow and took
Dermot Davis
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author takes care with her characters and makes them seem so real and human, it's as if I got to know them as friends. I loved the bond that Charlie and Brooke have with each other and although this is primarily Charlie's story, I loved it every time Brooke appeared either to talk reason to him or most usually to support him, even when she didn't fully agree with his decisions. As I read the story and about the rules of time travel, I kept wondering how I would use my one time travel trip. H ...more
D.K. Cassidy
Beautifully Written.

This story begins with the death of Charlie’s father, a politician who spent more time on his career than with his family. Right after the funeral, Charlie discovers an old photograph from his father’s study. Although he’s never seen her before, Charlie recognizes the woman as his real mother.

This is the start of a remarkable journey for Charlie and his girlfriend Brooke, which includes time travel. Although written for young adults, adults can enjoy this book as well. Author
Anna Othitis
Set in a time where Time travel is possible. This lovely novel explores the logical implications a story of love and family, family values and deep emotional bonds. The story and its message of true love is very well expressed.
a book just as great as ‘The Clay Lion’ Amalie is a talented, thoughtful author whose books will bring you tears and leave you moved full of hope. I was gifted this book for an honest review. A very recommended book to read and enjoy.
Kate Larkinson
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Riveting read! I couldn't resist reading this after getting to know the characters in Clay Lion, and yet it would stand up alone perfectly well. Once into the first chapter or so I just didn't want to put it down! It kept me guessing to the very end. I particularly loved the observations on unconditional love and the authentic insights into issues surrounding adoption. Highly recommended!
Roberta Eierman
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel to the Clay Lion continues with Charlie's story. Events in his life lead him to partake of the time travel available to him with unexpected consequences. This is a story of love, loyalty, family and devotion. An excellent story for young adults or young at heart. I would highly recommend Tin Men.
Fred
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent sequel to The Clay Lion. I finally found out how "Charlie's" life continued. I enjoy the writing style of Amalie Jahn. I would highly recomment this book to your adults, but read "The Clay Lion" first.
Michelle
Mar 15, 2017
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
May 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Arielle Immortal Quickening (Immortal Rapture, #4)
  • Beyond Oria Falls (Dwellers of Ahwahnee, #2)
  • Sheer Purgatory
  • Culloo
  • Kerri's War (The King Trilogy #3)
  • Yours Mine Ours
  • My Greek Traditional Cook Book 1
  • Ghost of Sangju
  • Cornered Coyote (Coyote #3)
  • From Pain to Parenthood: A Journey Through Miscarriage to Adoption
  • Viral Intent (Alexandra Destephano, #3)
  • He Just Needs To Be Loved: A family's struggle with an adopted son's disorders and his triumph over them.
  • Hive (Species Intervention #6609, #4)
  • Bentwhistle the Dragon in A Threat from the Past
  • Dynomite!: Good Times, Bad Times, Our Times--A Memoir
  • The Tower In The Ho-Ho Wood And Other Stories
  • You Have Been Chosen: The Identity of an Adopted Child
USA Today Bestselling author Amalie Jahn is the recipient of the Literary Classics Seal of Approval and the Readers' Favorite Gold Medal for her debut novel, The Clay Lion. She is a contributing blogger with the Huffington Post and Southern Writers Magazine, as well as a finalist in the 2015 Kindle Book Awards. A TED speaker, human rights advocate, and active promoter of kindness, she lives in the ...more

The Clay Lion (4 books)
  • The Clay Lion (The Clay Lion, #1)
  • A Straw Man (The Clay Lion, #3)
  • Under the Rainbow (The Clay Lion, #4)