Start by marking “Love Needs No Words” as Want to Read:

Love Needs No Words

Home from college for the summer, Shay Williams has many plans. Crossing paths with her childhood crush was not on the list. Yet when Daniel Rogers, a young mute man, reappears in her life, the friendship that once blossomed between them is rekindled.
Daniel is mesmerized by this sweet girl who has a heart for deaf and mute children. But is it wrong of him to want to know
Published March 20th 2018 by Lulu

To ask other readers questions about Love Needs No Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Needs No Words

Start your review of Love Needs No Words
Ivie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another short story, another shorter review. Well, I have a lot to say about this short story that I don't know if I can keep it brief.

1) YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE, OKAY?? TRUST ME!

2) MY HEART! THIS BEAUTIFUL, MAGNIFICENT, AMAZING, PIECE OF ART STOLE MY HEART, OKAY??

3) DANIEL IS A PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL, BUT DON'T YOU DARE SAY HE NEEDS PROTECTION BECAUSE HE IS A STRONG CINNAMON ROLL, OKAY??

*calms down*

A story of friendship, love, overcoming disability, and following God. Romance is not my
Faith M:)
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwwww:))) 5 stars:) This book just makes me happy:)

Stats:)

Content/Violence- CLEAN! There is no inappropriate content, but there is a little bit of violence. One of the main characters is punched, bullied, and beat up.

Romance- 100% CLEAN! I LOVED the romance in this book. I appreciate how Shay and Daniel didn't kiss in this story! Forehead kisses, holding hands, and hugs was it! Watching their relationship grow was so sweet:)
My one critique is that, although Shay and Daniel had known each
R.A.
{Second read; for review}

That was such a sweet read!!

The Characters:
Shay - she was really nice!!
Daniel - <3 How can no one like him? He had such a nice personality!

The Story-line:
Another romance! Not a fan of romances, but this one was better than most!! I really liked the idea of putting in deaf people and sign-language! So sweet!

Content:
The couple held hands, hugged, and kissed each other on the forehead or cheek.

All-in-all:
I did enjoy it! After beta-reading this back in January, Faith was
Gracelyn Buckner
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
4 Stars

So, so sweet! I loved how it was set on the coast of NC. Shay and Daniel were the sweetest. My only problem with it was that there were a several places where if Daniel was signing, he couldn't have been doing what was written in the story. But all in all, so good!
Chloé W.
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come! <3
Victoria Goodbrand
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet little story! Cant wait for Dandelion Dust!! ...more
Angela R. Watts
STORY

Once again, Ms. Potts writes a love story that I adored every aspect of. And for a young adult/new adult genre, I am very hard to please (VERY). However, Shay and Daniel are well-rounded and caring characters. I was immediately attached and adored their building relationship.

The romance of LNNW is clean, SWEET, and realistic. The story doesn't lag and holds the right amount of information to move the plot without bogging you down. This is hard to pull off with novellas.

THEMES

The Christian
Abigail
This book was so beautiful and so beautifully written!! You guys, who have not read this yet, really need to read this amazing, cute, short story. This short story was really inspirational too. I loved Daniel, he was so sweet and caring and ahh! Just all around amazing!!!

*calms down*

This story was a great story of love, friendship, obeying God, and overcoming disabilities. This book was so amazing and you people REALLY need this story in your life!!!

*I received this book in exchange for my
Sarah Grace Grzy
So sweet!

RTC after publication
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Fourteen years ago, Shay Williams fell for a guy. Now, he's back in her life -- and with a shocking revelation.

Last October, I had the pleasure of reading/reviewing Faith L. Potts's debut novella, Dandelion Dust. Clean, sweet, and wholesome -- with a clear message on top -- it made for a heartwrenching (but AMAZING <333) read. So when January rolled around and Faith announced Love Needs No Words as her second release, I knew I had to read it.

Shay Williams's life is simple. Home for the
R.F. Gammon
This book was so cute!

Not really my genre, and a bit too short, I think--although it is a short story--but in and of itself, it's a sweet and quiet little book that I very much enjoyed. I don't read a ton of contemporary romance, yet here we are, and Faith Potts certainly has a talent for writing lovable characters that draw me into the stories of a genre I don't particularly seek out.

Shay and Daniel were both sweeties; I loved the fact that there was so much ASL, and the way it was
Penny Wood
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Awesome book with great disability rep! Great read!
Micaiah
So, I've realized it's taken me entirely way too long to review this story by my girl Faith Potts. Can we pretend I did this when I was supposed to? XD

Faith is a fantastic writer - and I don't say that lightly. She's got solid characters, an engaging writing style, wonderful prose, intriguing plots... Faith writes amazing stuff, people. I didn't enjoy this as much as her other works, but it's still a tale full of heart and hope. My biggest squabble was that, as a beta reader, I felt that the two
Kate Willis
Ive been interested in this story for a while, and I was super excited to finally get to read it. It was just as sweet (and refreshingly pure!) as I was expecting. Daniel and Shay had an adorable friendship as evidenced by their BANTER and super cool service projects. ;) I loved the ASL theme in this story, and it made me want to track down more fiction including that element.

Because this was a short story, there were a couple things I was surprised to see resolve so quickly or drop out of the
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 12+, for romance with not-at-all detailed kisses
Recommended Age: 12+, for clean romance with a few not-at-all detailed kisses

I was really excited to discover Faith's Love Needs No Words. I rarely come across any book that actually has ASL in it. Honestly I would never have read it, if not for the ASL factor, since I try to avoid books solely focused on romance. I feel like this book was different though, as it focused on the dead and the mute more.

So, some backstory for me. My dad is deaf, so I've grown up around the deaf community and went
S.G. Willoughby
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was short and sweet. Though I'm not mute, Lyme disease has made me question if I could ever get married or have kids. For one, Lyme has been known to pass from spouse to spouse and parent to child. And that aside, how could I burden a family with the difficulties of having someone with such disabilities? It's a tough discussion for another time, but I appreciated the author's approach to similar issues in the romantic relationship in this book.

I do wish this would have been longer -- I
Abigail Harris
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Added on June 25th, 2019: Reading this in paperback was ten times better then on kindle!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review:

Genre: Romance.

My Rating: 5 stars!

My Recommendation: Anyone! This is a perfect romance for almost all audiences though it is better for 13 up since it is romance and there is bullying.

My Favorite Character/s: Daniel and Shay were so sweet that I cant pick a favorite!

My Verse for Shay is Proverbs 8:32
Now therefore hearken
Elizabeth Dragina
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memorable
Whoa, this book stole my breath away. >.<

AND THAT COVER!!! WHUT. *stary eyes*

Faith you have skill. This was an amazing story with well written characters. I fell in love with Daniel myself. ^.^

Abigail Harris
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, reviewed
Genre: Christian fiction, Romance.

My Rating: 5 Stars.

Recommendation: Anyone who likes Christian fiction, Romance, or Short stories.

My favorite character is: Shay is my favorite heroine in any short story I've ever read.

My Verse for Shay is Proverbs 8:32
Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways

Daniel has a great attitude and is loving and kind, not being bitter. I hate how he is treated by some people.

My Verse for Daniel is Proverbs 29:23
A man's pride
Angie Thompson
What an adorable little story!

One of the things that impressed me most about Shay and Daniel's relationship--despite the title--was their willingness to really communicate with each other. When they didn't understand, they asked why, and when they were asked why, they gave honest answers--even when those answers were painful. Even though their relationship wasn't immune to trouble and hurt, they didn't assume the worst and they didn't go around "heroically" hiding their real feelings. If more
Lisa Elis
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
SUCH CUTENESS but where's the part where she gives it to that idiot Stewart in his face????
E.F.B.
This was a sweet little romance, good for when you want a quick, easy, and happy read. I'll admit that contemporary isn't my favorite genre and I found this easy to skim, but it kept me interested enough to finish and I liked that one of the leads was mute and used sign language, and the happy ending.

The things that bothered me were Shay's mother and brother, and that jerk, Stewart. The mother and brother's attitudes were in line with what can happen in reality, I guess. Siblings aren't always
Mikayla
After enjoying Faith Potts last book, Dandelion Dust, I was excited to read this book. I didn't really know what to expect when I sat down with this, but I ended up reading it in one sitting (Its fairly short).

Honestly, it's very hard for me to rate this. I loved the two main characters, they were sweet and funny, and... immature. I don't mean that in a terrible way, but this being a romance, I would have liked to see more maturity in them. They are just normal teenage kids, still struggling to
RebekahAshleigh
Love Needs No Words is a nice, sweet short story. I really liked the story and both main characters, Daniel and Shay, were great! This book has sign language as a big part of the story which was pretty cool.
This is definitely a book I'd recommend. :)
Brooklyne
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading this short story! I was able to relate with the characters, and the two main characters had such a sweet relationship with each other! Also, the communication using sign language was done really well! I wish it could have been a little longer, but also like how it is short and sweet. In the end, I am so glad to own a copy of Love Needs No Words!!
Sarah Susanna Rhomberg
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
FTC disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Stellae Books in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own and a positive review was not required.

I absolutely loved this sweet little story!! Even the title is amazing: Love needs no words. Trust me, it sums the story up perfectly.

The characters impressed me. I admired Shay and Daniel how openly they talked about everything. If they had a question, they asked it. If they didnt understand something, they
Bethany Reinstedt
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bethany by: Faith
I've read Love Needs No Words twice now, and loved it equally both times. I finally got a paperback copy for my bookshelf. The tale, the characters, the themes, they were all fantastic. The storyline is fairly predictable, but in a story this length that's rather unavoidable. There were a few twists, however, that kept me interested. I love the character's tender interactions. Daniel and Shay are honestly so adorable together. <3 And the theme is simply wonderful. Over all, Faith did an ...more
Ellie Gavin
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This story was so short and charming!! I loved it and finished it within a day!

• Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Five Star Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #7)
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • Kiera
  • Crossroads
  • Bad Things, Small Packages (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #3)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • The Stolen Kingdom (The Stolen Kingdom #1)
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Christmas Smiles (Christmas Collection)
  • The Case of the Tabloid Tattler (The Kitten Files, #1)
  • Red Boots
  • Right Number (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6.5)
  • Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Barefoot Memories (Tradewinds, #3)
  • Emmanuel
  • Run: A Crockett and Crane Story
Saved by God's grace, Faith Potts is a teenage writer and homeschool graduate, living with her family and beloved yellow labs in the North Carolina mountains. When shes not weaving stories, consuming large amounts of coffee, reading stacks of books, or studying American Sign Language, she can be found laughing harder than is healthy, daydreaming, andof courseblowing dandelions.