Start by marking “My Lullaby of You” as Want to Read:
My Lullaby of You

My Lullaby of You

For fans of Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen, My Lullaby of You is a Young Adult Contemporary Romance about guarded love, complicated families, and the summer that changes everything.

AMY
It’s the summer after high school. Amy can’t wait to leave her small hometown in North Carolina for the vibrant city of Chicago, where she plans to go to her dream college and hopes to build a s
Paperback, 1st , 287 pages
Published June 16th 2018 by Plum Anchor Press

To ask other readers questions about My Lullaby of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lullaby of You

Start your review of My Lullaby of You
Suze Lavender
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amy is looking forward to the next chapter in her life. She's going to Chicago to study architecture, just like her father. Going to Chicago will give her a chance to see more if him. She hopes that when she's there, their bond will become stronger. However, there's a summer in her small hometown Shelby to get through first and Amy's mother has no idea what her daughter's plans for the future are yet. Amy's mother doesn't approve of Amy's father and Amy knows she isn't going to like them. Amy is ...more
Giselle
Mar 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: open-to-requests
ARCs are available for request here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA... ...more
Isabel (The Reader & The Chef)
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I really liked reading My Lullaby of You! It was a quick and sweet story with great characters and it definitely is a perfect summer read. I finished reading it all in one sitting and I have no regrets!

I loved Seth and Amy together (the MCs of this story), they were fun and I loved their interactions. However, when it came to them dealing with their personal issues, there were some things that bothered me especially Amy. But other than that, they were pretty awesome and
Candyce Kirk
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was beautiful. Not a lot really happens, but a lot happens at the same time. I loved the characters and their stories. My full review will be posted this weekend.
Mandi Grasmeyer
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to start by admitting beach reads are not generally my thing, but this one definitely had more to it than I expected. Love stories are cute and fun and a good shakeup from my usual book of choice, but I was genuinely surprised by the plot twists in this book, which continuously made me want to read more and more. That being said, I read this quickly as it is written for young adults.

I felt like the author perfectly captured the thoughts and feelings of young adults in the situations they
Michelle
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it

My Lullaby of You is a young adult contemporary romance by Alia Rose. The blurb for this book said it was perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han. After reading My Lullaby of You, I'm not sure I see much Jenny Han in the writing but I definitely see Sarah Dessen. My Lullaby of You is great for a quick beachy read. The characters' story flowed in a very pleasant way, and while this book didn't send me into a sp
KarenJo Custodio
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Delightfully Sweet and Heartwarming Story

My Lullaby of You by Alia Rose has the perfect blend of family drama, wit, intrigue and charm. I was unsure about how I felt in the beginning, but surprisingly, I ended up really enjoying the book and by the last few chapters, I honestly didn’t want it to be over.

This is one of those stories that slowly grows on you and gets better and better as you keep reading. I thought the writing was pretty good and I really liked the storyline. The pacing was dece
Erica Mae Campos
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at my blog: https://bookishpuffcorn.wordpress.com...

My Lullaby of You by Alia Rose is a book that makes you want to go on a beach. It started off as a chill read with some plot twists and an ending that I think is good. It didn’t really end with a cliffhanger but you know those endings wherein they don’t give you enough details and just let you think what would happen next? They’re so contenting. Is that even a word? Lol, all I meant that there’s contentment.

The book is
Tracey-J
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started out really liking this story, no that’s not right I liked 98% of this book. The story was really engaging. I liked both Seth and Amy, both are struggling with issues around their parents. I liked how they slowly bonded, there was definitely no insta love so that was great.

Seth’s story is a bit more chaotic than Amy’s and think I probably liked his character more, he just seemed to have a little more depth and maturity then she did, however, he is by no means perfect and he keeps a fai
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
An impressive first novel, Alia! The beach setting was great - the perfect read for summer - and I really liked the characters. Even though it is a fairly short novel and moves quickly, I felt like I got to connect with Amy and Seth and see them grow over time, both together and individually. I can't say I'm surprised that Amy is studying architecture, but I was surprised that Seth turned out to be a musician and singer/songwriter. This made me love him even more! I will say that I wish we got a ...more
Zahra Huber
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book -- hence the five stars, of course!
The story of "My Lullaby of You" focuses on real issues that teens deal with. I really understood what the characters were going through. Felt their emotions, their pain. Alia did a wonderful job switching between the two characters -- showing us different perspectives, letting us into their minds to hear all their thoughts.
My Lullaby of You was such an easy read. It took me only two days to finish, and I enjoyed it from start to finish! Would
Nabilah
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining Young Adult beach read that has everything you could want and more: romance, complex family relationships, the difficult choices made the summer before college, and of course, smoothies. This novel surprises you with it’s fun banter between it’s main characters, Seth and Amy, as well as the realistic look at the hard decisions we make when it comes to family and love. By the end of this book, I was rooting for both of them and I didn’t want to leave the little town of Shelby.
Ashley
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a really great read! I like Rose's writing style and the characters she has developed. I do think some things in the story were a little unrealistic for the characters, but overall it was a feel good story.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Andrea
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I really enjoyed this read! It was sweet! I liked how Seth and Amy were finding their way in life!
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, clean, easy romance.
Manon
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute read!
Alia Rose
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My Lullaby of You is now available! I hope you read it on a beach somewhere and enjoy it :)
Holly
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ah, that explains it...YA teen love story. Very quick read.
Katie Rodante
rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2018
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3.5 Cranky Stars

Amy just graduated high school and is spending one more summer in her hometown before she moves onto college in her father’s city of Chicago. Her mother is angry with her that she is going out of state and regresses back into her depression. Amy just tries to spend as much as time as she can at the beach soaking up the rays and being a lifeguard. She didn’t expect Seth to push his way into her life little by little.

Seth is a musician. He comes to town looking for answers about h
Celine

• The Wrong Side of Right
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • The Day the Crayons Came Home
  • Underpants Thunderpants
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • Winterwood
  • Zen Ties
  • What If...
  • Festival of Colors
  • Stick and Stone
  • Sulwe
  • The Return of Henry and the Man with the Big, Goofy Monster Hands (The Pria Chronicles, #7)
  • The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1)
  • Fearless Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #3)
  • Mud Puddle
  • Sent (The Missing, #2)
Alia has been writing since she fell in love with reading at a young age and now the characters in her head refuse to leave her alone. She enjoys writing about young adults and women navigating their twenties. She is the author of My Lullaby of You and its sequel This Is for You and is currently working on a new contemporary fiction duology.

When she is not writing, Alia works full time as an archi