Start by marking “Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)” as Want to Read:
Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)

Kinda Don't Care

(Simple Man #1)

She’s in a white dress that dances around her ankles, and her hair tumbles in a long sheet of curls down her back. A veil covers her beautiful eyes, and she smiles directly at him. Janie is everything Rafe’s ever imagined she would be on her wedding day.

Breathtaking. Gorgeous. Perfect.

Published April 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Kinda Don't Care, please sign up.
Amy It mentions characters from Freebird series, Heroes of the Dixie Warden MC, and Hail Raisers. All the books by this author seem to be interconnected.

Start your review of Kinda Don't Care (Simple Man #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |

COLOR ME INTRIGUED!

LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |
Blurb:
Breathtaking. Gorgeous. Perfect.
The moment he sees her walking down the aisle towards him, he knows that she’s the one.
Then she passes him, making her wa
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
It seems I broke my break from reviewing for this garbage.
Dnf @50%
What are we teaching young girls now? That we women/girls need to be pathetic for a man? Women With no self respect? To chase after them? To stalk them?
I've been giving this author chance after chance and every single damn time she has proved me right! That her writing is getting worse. That she will continue writing pathetic weak heroines and worthless pathetic heroes.

This zeroine is just pathetic as the rest of author's heroin
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Fuzzin Hell! Lani Lynn Vale does it to me every time! She wooed me, tugged my heart right out of my chest, kissed it better, and then put me back together with one of the sweetest happy endings.

Rafe has intrigued the heck out of me ever since I started meeting the characters this author has created. He’s always there, mostly in the background, orchestrating lives and manipulating situations. I wanted to know where he came from, what he did, and what made him the man he was. I was beyond eager to
chan ☆
description

911 id like the report a murder. yeah uh, my suspension of disbelief is dead.

wow this was a fucking nightmare. i really really wanted to like this, i mean i've been thinking about this book for a while. the blurb was TOP KNOTCH for someone who likes ~drama~ as much as me. but no. this book was a disaster. let me break it down for you:

raf's dad did some bad shit. people don't like raf because of his dad's bad shit. raf is somehow involved with the military, a domestic abuse crime stoppers org, an
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 ‘Simple Man’ Stars

HOT DAMN! Well played, Ms. Vale. Well played indeed

With this intense and angsty looking blurb, and knowing Janie and Rafe’s background from the previous books, even after the author’s assurance of no-cheating, I have to confess I was a still a bit scared to dive into these two’s story. Well, after finishing this, and anticipating a major book hungover, I give all kudos to Lani Lynn Vale! I will not give about any spoilers, because the elements of shock and surprise are the
AJ
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars

OK, I fully admit to being completely sucked in by the cover of this book. Look at all of that hot, brooding intensity! Then there is that blurb which absolutely captured my attention, and I couldn’t wait to dive in. It's an action/suspense romance with a damaged, broody ex-military hero and a bright and fun, younger heroine who has loved him from afar for years.

Raphael ‘Rafe’ Luis is a mystery. Broken, solitary but completely badass, he has survived hell and has dragged himself out of h
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
A little more stretch than my imagination is willing to give.
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
May 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
OKAY BUT LIKE WHO IS THE MODEL??????????? Hella hot.
Kathy West
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am going to start with review with saying make sure you read the authors note at the beginning of the book. It is VERY important to do so!!!
Rafe and Janie…what a story!!
Janie has liked Rafe for as long as she can remember. He’s older, wiser, and mysterious. Not matter what she does, she can’t figure out who the real Rafe is.
Rafe has not had an easy life. He was had to live with the consequences of things his father did and those consequences followed him to places he never thought they would.
J
Vashti
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are a mixed bag of reviews on this one,but this was the perfect book for me to escape the madness that is Hurricane Dorian as it slowly makes it Cat 5 ass to Florida!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

Oh Lani Lynn Vale!!!! You almost had me throw my Kindle across the room with this one! Thankfully, I trust you and know you wouldn’t do what I was thinking you were going to do because had I thrown my kindle I would have missed out on the intense, sexy, funny roller coaster ride of Rafe and Janie!

Janie, feisty, caring and extremely smart, she is also the daughter of one of the founding members of Free, James, and loved by all the members of Free, therefore extremely protected by tough a
Emily
Janie knew Rafe was for her and she bided her time until she was old enough to show him she was the woman for him. Rafe didn't think of Janie as anything than a feisty little girl until one day he saw her as a beautiful woman. Rafe knows he is too old for her but the connection between them is undeniable and after a lifetime of bad, Rafe wants some good. Rafe has one last job though that is keeping him apart from Janie and when an accident leaves him with short term amnesia he doesn't remember w ...more
Lu Bielefeld
The book was on sale and I could not resist and clicked. #oneclickaddicted
And I ended up enjoying the story.
Older hero and half-crazy and much younger heroine.
The heroine has special interest in the hero since she was a child. She was always fascinated by him. She always said something to him, which was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.
He moved on his life and tried to avoid her because she was too young and her family did not like him very much.
He is in a undercover mission and the
Fatimama
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was expecting more I guess as this book took a long time to happen.. I wanted more focus on Rafe and Janie’s relationship..
Alla
Kodie Mackay
She does it again!!.

The highly anticipated story of Janie and Rafe did not disappoint.

Janie was everything I imagined and more as a heroine. We've all got to know and love her as a crazy out spoken little beauty with eccentric tastes and a potty mouth but here you finally get to see the women she blossomed into. She's still all kinds of sharp witted and badass but she also has this sweet vulnerability that we haven't seen before. She knew when to pick her battles and was well aware of her limit
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Another wonderful roller coaster ride…

A new series by one of my favourite authors? Yes please! I was thrilled to dive right into Rafe and Janie’s story. Younger woman, older man. Unrequited love… Rafe’s character has been percolating in the background in this author’s books for a while and it was finally his turn at love!

Complications. Love is never an easy road and these two were going to go through a slew of challenges and heartaches before their chance at forever after was even a possibility.
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kinda Don't Care is a spin off series from the Hail Raisers, with appearances from The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC, so I really encourage everyone to at least read Hail Raisers before start the Simple Man series, as the enigma that is Rafe has been shown throughout. And that means that I seriously have been dying to read his story, and the brilliant Lani Lynn Vale didn't disappoint in the slightest, as it was amazing. Basically, Rafe has had a thing for Janie since she was jail bait, so he le ...more
Kim  Brewing
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though this is a new series, the character of Rafe has been present in other stories....as have some of the other characters mentioned. I think that well you could read this as a standalone, more enjoyment would be had by at least reading the Hail series first.

I liked both of the main characters and Glock and Kimber! There was a LOT going on and it got a little overwhelming in the middle for a bit. The age difference didn't bother me at all. I think they balanced each other out well.

My only
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3 / 5 stars

Simple Man is a spin off of the Freebirds series. You can read it as a standalone but it does in fact feel like you're missing something. There's a background between the two main characters that you obviously have missed if you haven't read the other series and Rafe's background with some side characters seems important too. This was my first book ever by Lani Lynn Vale and even though I read the book without there being anything major missing, it did make me feel like I wasn
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I will fully admit the reason I picked up this book was because the cover copy reminded me of the Thomas Rhett song, ‘Marry Me.’ If you don’t know it, go give it a listen, it’s heartbreaking and totally worth it. Sadly, I found the song far more moving than the book. I was expecting something more emotional than this book, and that is on me.

Kinda Don’t Care is the first book in Lani Lynn Vale’s Simple Man series. The series is a spinoff of her Freebirds series. I didn’t read that series before I
Rebecca
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avid readers of Lani Lynn Vale’s books are no stranger to Rafe Luis, at least in the fact that his job is extremely dangerous, not many characters know anything about him, and he’s a man of few words.

But anything personal…anything about his past, Rafe keeps that information close to the vest, not allowing anyone to get close to him because he doesn’t want anyone to have any power over him, which makes it even more interesting that a girl who is almost 20 years younger can bring this mysterious
Lindsay
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, march2018
Honestly, I'm not sure what to say about this book. I've been really curious about Rafe since he first showed up on the scene of Lani Lynn Vale's books. He's always so mysterious and reticent about his past and even his present that I was dying to learn more about him. However, while I did learn somethings, and I learned what was driving him, I still feel like there was a lot I didn't learn. There was a lot that Rafe didn't reveal.

I really loved the storyline. I loved that Janie had been in lov
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
What a way to start a new series!! If this is any indication on how the rest of the series is going to go then buckle your seat belts everyone, it's going to be one hell of a ride. Of course that seems to be the case with any book I have read by Lani Lynn Vale. She knows how to give you a story that has your full attention and not only that but your emotions always find themselves invested in the outcome of the story and ride they take getting there.

This book had me feeling so much. I have been
Natshane
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

First impression: Sold for the cover!

What can I say? LLV has THE BEST male models for her covers and they are the reason why I was always tempted to request her books.

With that said, I'm no stranger to LLV books and with all her stories, it was always fast-paced and filled with a good dose of drama and angst. While that sounds like the perfect concoction, I always struggled with keeping up with the characters and all the events that seemed to be going on concurrently...it was always a case of T
Kylee
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I kinda don't care if I sound like a teenager with a crush when it comes to this review because Rafe maybe a simple man but believe me when I say he is the MAN. This is the first book in the new series by Lani Lynn Vale and it has set the benchmark high for the rest of the books in this series. Janie and Rafe's story takes you on one hell of a ride with your emotions from anger, frustration, laughter, heartache and an all conquering love. Their story will keep you on the edge of your seat and wi ...more
LR
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 70%

I’m so proud I read this much

This book is so gross and I’m not talking about the age difference between our lovely fucked up hero and heroine, but the fact that characters thoughts are so messed up, and they think a lot, literally next every action there’s like 2-3 pages worth of thoughts

I don’t know why authors make us read too much empty bullshit thoughts

The plot is so fast and rushed and soooo boring, there’s not plot twist, it’s just boring and annoying

Even the hero is fucking nast
Apr 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at 24%

I wanted to like this book, and it was interesting to me...but unfortunately as this is the first title I have read by this author, I felt like I was missing too much for me to be able to relate to the characters.

Technically, it is a standalone, but I was finding myself pulled out of the story while wondering what the story was for the character we had just met...and, I was not able to stay engaged in the story.
Astraycat
Ok read.The way h chose to force H remember her was too immature. The plot was ok, too. But I did enjoy reading about the characters from Freebirds series and The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC series.

• Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Justice for You (SAPD SWAT #5)
  • Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • Max (Ride: Second Generation #1)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Protected by You (SAPD SWAT #4)
  • Cuffed by You (SAPD SWAT #3)
  • Mace (Conner Brothers Construction #3)
  • Until Harmony (Until Her/Him, #6)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Until Cobi (Until Her/Him, #7)
  • Frisked by You (SAPD SWAT #6)
  • His Sweetness (Wounded Souls, #1)
  • Cruise (Moonshine Task Force #6)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Simple Man (5 books)
  • Maybe Don't Wanna (Simple Man, #2)
  • Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)
  • Ain't Doin' It (Simple Man, #4)
  • Too Bad So Sad (Simple Man, #5)