Start by marking “Start Here” as Want to Read:
Start Here

Start Here

There’s a first time for everything. Gatecrashing a KPop concert with an oppa in a business suit. Taking shelter from the storm with the girl you’ve been meaning to shake off. That kiss that blurs the line between friendship and something more. A one-night stand (or, is it?) with your best friend from across the hallway.

Dive into these 10 stories of first encounters – una
Published January 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Start Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Here

Natasha
this sounds like it will cleanse my soul

Update: My soul was in fact cleansed
K.J. Charles
A collection of #romanceclass LGBT+ shorts of first meetings. I tend to feel that romance is hard to pull off at short length given the fun is in the build up and elaboration of characters, but I am also a total sucker for the UST-to-first-kiss part and some of these stories got it terrifically.

I bought this for the m/m Ajay Llanera story that gives Caleb of Another Word for Happy his HEA *happy sigh*, but the whole antho is worth your time. I particularly liked 'Gorgeous' by Motzie Dapul (f/nb
Shealea
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Among everything in the collection, I adored In the Moonlight, Come Full Circle, and Lemon Drop Friday the most. Although I was not able to emotionally connect and invest in all the stories, for the most part, Start Here managed to exceed my expectations and left my heart all warm and fuzzy and hopeful. This anthology definitely addresses the sorely lacking, disappointingly limited representation of LGBTQIA+ stories and serves as an insightful, inspiring guide that hopefully, other authors can u ...more
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
TITLE: Start Here (Short Stories of First Encounters)

AUTHORS: H. Bentham, Agay Llanera, Katt Briones, Ella Banta, Danice Sison, Yeyet Soriano, Barbie Barbieto, Bobbi Moran, Motzie Dapul, Brigitte Bautista

RATING: ☆☆☆☆ (4.5/5)

Signed up for the Blog Tour and received an epub copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review. This is my second blog tour and yes it's still #romanceclass. Blog tour runs from February 19 - 23, 2018. The book was a collection of M/M, F/F, F/NB short romance storie
Bookbed
This book is featured on Bookbed! Read our post here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to Bookbed? Sign up here!
We also accept review requests. More info here.
Natalie
really enjoyed this! my fave story was definitely the last one in the antho. Lemon Drop Friday, f/f by Brigitte Bautista.

Loved the variety of stories here with varying heat levels too.
Harker
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Collection Rating: 3.5 Stars

There's a lot of love and sex and beauty in this collection. Some of the stories had me wanting to read them again and some less so. There's heat levels for everyone, I think, that enjoys a little bit of steaminess to their romance stories.

In the Moonlight by Agay Llanera

Rating: 5 Stars

Caleb and Ezra are two of the most adorable boys I've read about in recent memory. Their story has everything: vacation romance, nerves, and what might be true love winning in the end.
Marian Rosary
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
After almost a month, I'm finally putting up a proper review for this very strong anthology. Yay finally! *sabog confetti*
**also, I signed up for the blog tour of this book and received an epub copy in exchange for an honest review. :)

While I am no stranger to #romanceclass reads, I am however, a stranger to LGBTQ+ themed reads though. I've been meaning to read a few but I haven't gotten around to it. (So many books, so little time. Hay) But I am really happy that Start Here was my first full
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This is an anthology of queer romance stories. I really enjoyed reading all the stories in this book (which are more on the New Adult/Adult genre). It has relatable characters, swoon worthy scenes and even hot & steamy ones! This was my first #romanceclass read and will definitely not be the last!

"In the back of my mind, I always thought I'd find love somehow. I mean, everyone did, didn't they?"

"That's what people did, right? They made you buy into the whole 'happily ever after' BS and then
JM Cabral
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally cannot fully express just how much I enjoyed and loved this one, but full review to come. For now, here's a short blurb:

"To say that the Start Here anthology is an amazing, 5-star read would probably be an oversimplification. Each short story is written with so much love, hope, and longing, and I honestly have no words to describe just how madly in love I am with this book. Every author had so much to offer in their stories, and I had a wonderful reading experience, thanks to this wo
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
I don't want to be ambitious for this month but I'm planning to read this anthology, one story per day. I'm going to do a mini review per each story.

The music was called Claire De Lune, which translated to “In the Light of the Moon.” The piece was inspired by a poem, which explained why the notes sounded intimate and soft, like poetry meant to be whispered into one’s ear. It reminded him of Ezra’s kiss on that moonlit summer night.

In the Moonlight by Agay Llanera could easily be a classic. Bas
Caryssa
My initial reaction when I read the synopsis was “Wow, #romanceclass really has a way of making me feel kilig just by reading a book summary.” If I remember correctly, I have very limited experience in reading books that are predominantly queer – the last one being You Know Me Well, which was just okay for me. When I first heard about this book, I had thoughts but when I read the synopsis – hah, I was sold instantly. And I am very much glad that I gave it a shot. Start Here is the romance anthol ...more
Kristy Mauna
Start Here is a powerful anthology and ALL of the authors should be incredibly proud of their work in this one! *bravo #romanceclass bravo* Thank you for bringing to life so many stories that needed to be told!

There is a story for everyone in this anthology. If you like steamy romances, they got you covered.. If you like something sweeter with less steam, they got you covered.. And they are ALL swoony and bring the f e e l s! What more could you want in a romance, am I right?

I just adored these
Paola Aliedo
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
My heart has been hooked and my soul has been very happy after reading each short stories. This is the first M/M, F/F, F/NB romance anthology that I read and I'm grateful for the ten authors who wrote each story with so much passion, love, and hope. I'm crossing my fingers that some of the short stories will be a full-length novel and I would definitely buy them. And I truly agreed that love was love regardless of gender. One of the best romance anthologies that I read!
Aira Irish
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This anthology is a perfect blend of stories. One story could literally sweep off your feet and the other will leave you breathless. The concept is refreshing. What I love with #romanceclass release books they always go outside of the box and produce something worth reading for.

The authors did an awesome jobs of bringing this story to our life. Thank you for this stories!

(expect a book review on my blog.)
Leanne Jones
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, my-kindle-books
4.5 stars. This anthology was so cute! A couple of the stories, I didn't really like that much, but the majority I enjoyed immensely! I read a lot of LGBT books and surprisingly, there aren't a lot of diverse books like this, at least, I haven't seen them. I loved this collection and I am considering buying the paper version because that cover is so beautiful! 😍
H. Bentham
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites, my-books
Let me just say this right off the bat, I’m giving this 6 of 5 Stars! First of all, the editors and my co-authors deserve the 5.5 of 5 Stars. This is my favorite book this year, cheesy for me to say, but it is! I’m giving a half star more for my own story because I’m very proud of this, okay? :P I’ll talk more about that on a separate blog post, haha.

To begin, I want to thank the editors (and our PM, Hi Mina!) for coming up with this anthology. The intros by Ron and Brij, in itself, were already
kb
Ahhh, this one!! What a ~breakthrough in terms of Filipino LGBTQIA+ rep in romance. I enjoyed every story, and felt the thought and care poured into each one. Happy that this one's here because now I have the perfect recommendation to my friends who have been forever bugging me to find something that's about them, something that they'll love, something that's both sweet and hot!

Read the rest of my thoughts about this book on Bookbed!
Gavin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Start Here is an anthology of short Filipino LGBTQ+ stories. Start Here proudly showcased that love is for all and these stories are worth reading. Giving more positive and accurate representation in Filipino media. My particular favorites in the collection are In The Moonlight by Agay Reyes and Shipping Included by Danice Sison (I need a full-length story of this. PLEASE.) because they are just so damn cute. Start Here is a wonderful feat in further portraying more Filipino LGBTQ+ stories with ...more
Gee
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This LGBTQ Anthology is a must read. I feel the loved and all the emotions in each story.

Each short story focus on different lgbt problem. But my favorite of all is the Luck from the Skies by Katt Briones. It is slow and lovely. It is pure of love. I just feel Chan and Asher's love 💕 ChAsher shipper here. 😂

I'll keep reading romance class books! 💚 Kudos to alk the authors and the editors of this book!
Megan Robison
I had fun reading it! Very light, very sweet. The pacing of, tbh, /most/ of these stories didn’t gel with what I usually want out of short stories but I’ll chalk that up to being a Me Problem. The KPOP concert short story was a standout tho, will be looking for more by that author.
Riska Sleepless
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this and I would love to check out some of the authors' other works soon :)
♡
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5 ⭐

my favourites ⭐ in the moonlight, come full circle, shipping included, delubyo, blooms and hues, lemon drop friday
Stephanie
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable.
Cande
This a delightful collection of short stories set featuring queer people of color. The stories are adorable and full of hope, many different tropes, and pairings.

My favorite stories (although all of them are good!);

+Come full circle by Bobbi Moran. F/F pairing, friends to lovers
+Shipping included by Danice Sison. M/M pairing, it looks like destiny wants them together.
+Delubyo by Barbie Barbieto. F/F pairing, I can't do serious relationships but oh no what are these feelings that I have now for
Whatthelog
When I read the synopsis of this book, I knew that I had to be a part of this blog tour. I’ve been trying to find more diverse romance, and this absolutely fit the bill. Every story in this #romanceclass short story collection has representations of Filipinx and LGBTQ+ characters. Ships include M/M, F/F, and F/NB.

All of the short stories in this collection are nuanced and adorable as hell. Each one is long enough that you get a feel for the characters, so even if you’re not the biggest fan of sh
danice
Jan 27, 2018
Kate
Dec 06, 2018
Yeyet Soriano
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Allister Dumalaog