Start by marking “Mend” as Want to Read:
Mend

Mend

Six years ago, the only girl I ever loved moved away.
She said shed come back to me.
She promised shed write.
She swore shed always be mine, but Evie Harper lied.

Now, Evies back, and this time, Im not letting her go without a fight.

Before senior year, I was forced to move away, leaving behind the only boy I ever loved.
He said hed love me forever.
He promised nothing would tear
Published January 22nd 2018 by Bliss Ink LLC

To ask other readers questions about Mend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mend

Start your review of Mend
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I loved her from the moment she walked into homeroom on the first day of eighth grade. The fact that she had on a Nirvana T-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans just made me fall even harder.

Hes about as exciting as a piece of toast The man doesnt even eat dessert. Who doesnt eat dessert? Its unnaturalHes definitely not a keeper I cant be with someone who doesnt appreciate a great cupcake or even a cookie, for shits sake.

Shave your bits, girl. You may get lucky tonight I like a great
JG
A sweet, feel-good, second chance romance.

This was a relatively quick and easy to read book. The characters, Evie and Jack, are enjoyable and you can easily relate to them and their story. After they are reunited for the second time they quickly realise that they never fell out of love despite assuming they have both been wronged by the other. The story then works towards making their love whole again as Jack realises that he needs to return to his hometown in order to make Evie his once again.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Mend is a short second chance novel, that by the end, will leave you smiling. Jack and Evie were young sweethearts who were separated by her parents.
After 6 years apart, there is still love and a hope that one day they can be together.

While I enjoyed the book as a whole it had a few things that I struggled with. I thought both Jack and Evie gave up one another so easily. He believed her letters that she didn't love him anymore and she believed letters from her friend. My first thought
Heather andrews
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jack is a very devoted man when it comes to his woman, I like the sound of that. I smirk because being in Evies bed every night and some days has been the best effing time Ive had in years." Evie just has to put her foot down at times, "when I start to follow her, she places her hand up and shakes her head. Im showering alone. We dont have time for more, and I know exactly how you are. I liked this book, I loved that Jack was a persistent man. ...more
Beth
Mend is a standalone second chance romance that is different than what this author usually writes. Thats not a bad thing, I loved it. This book had me in tears reading her forward. There is so much emotion poured into this book and you can feel it.

Jack and Evie fell in love at first sight in eighth grade. They were each others first everything, first kiss, first person to make love to. They were each others best friend. Evie came from a very strict family and her military father didnt want Evie
Terri
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
A short second chance romance with low drama/angst. It was cute but I started skimming a lot especially the second half.
♡Tonya♡
Feb 18, 2018 marked it as on-the-fence-about-this
Does anyone know if they were with others during the separation?? can't seem to get a straight answer
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review

Usually what comes to mind before I read one of Chelle Bliss's books is the hot sex and dirty mouthed hero that I am going to meet. To say that Mend is unlike any of Chelle Bliss's other reads is an understatement but don't worry, she gives us so many feels while the heat gradually builds that soon your body and soul are completely on fire and you are not ready to quit reading until the end! She gives us first love, second chances, and six years of
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Second chance love at its finest

MEND, is going to be one of those books that I will be marking in my TOP TEN for 2018. Ms Bliss has written one of the very best second chance stories that I have read. This was such an emotional read, with the turn of every page, I didn't know if I was going to be laughing or crying. Chelle mentions in her forward that she shelved this story, thinking she would never be able to complete it. Thank goodness she did, what she has written is a beautiful story of
Tpagirl
Mend was a stand-alone by Chelle Bliss. Im a sucker for second chances and this was no exception.

Jack and Evie were childhood sweethearts. Evie moved away with her family with promises from both that theyd be together again as soon as they graduated. Fast forward six years and that obviously didnt happen.

Bliss took us through a fast and fun read detailing the past and present simultaneously. I loved both Evie and Jack as well as some great supporting characters.

In the end, it was quick,
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
"Love isn't something that can be swept away or forgotten so easily or so quickly."

Jack and Evie met when they were 13 years old and they both knew.....down to their souls that they were meant to be together forever. They made plans. They were going to build a future together. Unfortunately, those plans didn't include Evie's father...and others...doing everything in their power to keep them apart.

6 years later and a chance encounter brings these two soulmates back together.
Can they make it
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Mend by Chelle Bliss is the story of Evie Harper and Jack Nelson.
Evie and Jack met in high school and fell in love. But before she was 18 years old her father and her moved to Germany. Evie told Jack she would be back in a years time to be with him and he promised to wait for her. But now some years later Evie and her best friend Evan are back in town where she happens to see Jack again. Both thinking that the other lied and broke their promise to be together causes them to act upset with each
Glenna Maynard
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful second chance romance that will leave you with all the feels. jack is swoon-worthy and so much more. He's kinda perfect. He is a man who knows what he wants and he won't stop until he has her, his Evie. I really enjoyed all the banter, the sexiness, the side characters...I loved it all.
Christin
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chelle, mad props to you lady! Mend is beautiful. Im a sucker for a second chance romance. Jack and Evie are a breath of fresh air. Loved, loved this one! ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Author's words, the forward, at the beginning of the book almost had me in tears. Chelle Bliss has been through so much yet she's still strong, and I'm in awe of her!

This second chance romance story will have your heart beating along with the characters. They're incredibly well portrayed and even though they're quite complex, they're a joy to read. Though Evie annoyed me a little when she ran all the time instead of talking with Jack about everything. But that's just how the story is. The
Jessica Alcazar
Mend is one of those stories that is impossible not to like. I mean it is just one rainbow after another, so whats not to like, right? Well, I cant really say I disliked any of it, but I can say there was a lot of missed opportunity for some real-life gut-punching. Heres where my review might get a little spoilery, but Ill try to not give anything away.

In my opinion, the journey of Evie and Jack was way too easy. Both were too easy on each other. There were almost no consequences for the past
Lisa Zeigler
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ms. Bliss has given her readers another emotional story from first love as teenagers and then meeting again several years later. Second chance romance is one of my favorites and Jack and Evies story is heartbreaking at times due to several events but it was easy to believe that they had a love for a lifetime. As soon as Jack sees her again, he doesnt hesitate to make Evie his again.

The story alternates between the POV of both Jack and Evie and I like that format as its easier to understand the
Kerry Fletcher
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those hug a book, books!! You know the ones where you finish them and you just want to hug it because it made you feel good? This is one of those!

The feels in this book blew me away. I just loved their connection.

Jack is home helping out his mother and sister. He's not there often but he goes home from time to time to help out. He runs a successful business and is usually busy with work. He's taken out his sister to the fair when he spots a face he thought he'd never see again.
Erin Lewis
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Mend by Chelle Bliss
What a story; I love second chance romance stories and Mend is an excellent example of the genre. This book was a roller coaster of an emotional read, full of highs and lows.
Jack and Evie were in love but circumstances tore them apart, only to come back together 6 years later.
I was engrossed from chapter one and frankly couldnt put it down, saying to myself, just one more chapter, then another until I finally fell asleep around 3am having finished the book
Both
Mary Lou Hoffman
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2nd-chance
MEND is a stand-alone, second-chance romance.

Tissue alert! Make sure you have a full box!! This story brought tears of sadness, frustration, laughter, and joy. This was a lovely, sweet, second-chance romance that I gives me chills all over again in reminiscing as I write this.

I wouldnt want to give anything away, but just know that there is deception and a secret that must be revealed both of which will bring out the tissues.

While Chelle C. Bliss is known for a lot more steam in her stories,
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Young Love...
Misunderstandings...
Such Heartbreak...
Such Love...
Such Passion...
Second chance Romance...Ohh I just love these types of books!!! Soo much feels this book is going to give you...Holy crap get ready for your heart to be put on the Mend.

Jack and Evie are childhood friends that fall into Love with each other. Evie's daddy does not like this relationship and ends up moving the family far away. Making Evie say her goodbyes quickly to her Love-Jack. They make promises to each other that
Julie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a good second chance romance and Mend has to be rated as one of the best.

Evie and Jack were high school sweethearts who had separated due to her families relocation, even though they were desperately in love, and both promising to stay true. Evie even planned to return after her graduation.
Plans dont always work out though and its 6 years before they meet again. Jack then is determined to remind Evie how good they were together and make her his girl, he still loves her and he always will,
Theresa Alberts
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Mend by Chelle Bliss is a story about a forever kind of love, one that consumes your heart, mind and soul that you can't live without. But you try to move on from it.

Evie and Jack were madly in love and promised each other forever. Forever wasn't as long as they thought when Evie's dad, who was in the military, was moved to Germany. Promising to wait for each other, Evie and Jack had an emotional goodbye, that they each believed wouldn't be forever.

Six years goes by and Jack and Evie meet again,
Vfc
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chances
2OCC Reviews
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marie
Mend by Chelle Bliss is different from her other books that I have read. A second chance love story, it was a poignant story of a love that was unraveled by lies of others.

Evie and Jack had grown their love from their early teen-age years until being torn apart the senior year in high school. When Evie had to move away, they promised each other forever. But the deception of others shatters their love. Years later, they come back together and realize that the love they shared is still strong.

As
Becca
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mend is a sweet second chance romance about Jack and Evie who were high school sweethearts who were seperated when Evie's dad gets transferred to Germany. The two made promises to wait for each other but after a mysterious letter from Evie telling Jack to move on and forget about her, breaks his heart... and now six years later when he finally sees Eve again, all he can think about is that she is still his.

As truths are revealed, the two reconnect and find that their love for one another is
Stacey #northsouthbookblog
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gripped from the start, I loved this story as Im a huge fan of second chance romances!

We meet Evie & Jack, high school sweethearts, who have been torn apart since their senior year of high school due to her dad being in the forces.
They promise to stay true to one another and she will be back after graduation.

However, their plans are spoiled by some so-called friends and they spend the next 6 years apart until a chance meeting back in their home town is the catalyst to see if their love is
Denise Van plew
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one is one that will suck you in thanks to the two characters Evie and Jack. You start reading their story with right away you become anxious because you know that this is soon to be a second chance story with it drilling a hole in your heart and filling it up with the emotions that will pour off the pages. Other characters like her bestie will keep your attention too. I will say that at times the leading up to moment after first contact you get impatient because you want to get into it so ...more
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun, sweet read. I love a good second chance romance, and this one did not disappoint. Jack and Evie fell in love in eighth grade, love-at-first-sight for both of them, and spent every moment they possibly could together. A year before they were to graduate high school, Evies father gets orders to Germany and he couple must part ways. They vow to wait for each other, but things dont always happen the way you plan. Six years later, they run into each other again, and feelings that ...more
Heather
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

6 years later and a chance encounter brings these two soulmates back together.
Can they make it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Beg (God of Rock Duet, #2)
  • Christmas Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2.5)
  • Under the Stars (Bright Lights #2)
  • Full Contact
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Power Chain (Power Chain #0.5)
  • Mastered (Honor Bound #8)
  • Roughing the Kicker (Saints and Sinners, #1)
  • Hurricane Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Gentleman Nine
  • PowerHouse (Power Chain #1)
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2)
  • Until Harmony (Until Her/Him, #6)
  • A WILDer Wonderland - Sexy Stories Of The Season (The WILD Boys Of Special Forces #4)
  • Bound by Affliction (Ravage MC Bound, #4)
  • Battle Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #3)
  • Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections, #1)
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
➡Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...