Start by marking “The Last Knight” as Want to Read:
The Last Knight

The Last Knight

Spirited Attica d'Alerion will do anything to protect her beloved brother from danger. To warn him of a political betrayal that could lead to war, Attica disguises herself as a young courtier and bravely rides into the arms of destiny.

Damion de Jarnac is the black knight, a rogue horseman bound by no code of honor except his own blind ambition. Working for the aging King H
Published August 1st 2000 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Knight

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
TOP 5 REASONS TO READ The Last Knight.

#5: DAMION DE JARNAC:

description

“His ruthlessness in battle was matched only by his brilliance and cunning, so he became known as Deathlightning. Some said the name inspired his device – a black shield emblazoned with a bolt of fiery lightning. Others said he adopted the shield before, in memory of the storm that ripped open the skies the night he killed his brother.” ~ Attica d'Alérion

Translation: DAMION IS HAWT!

#4: DAMION DE JARNAC:

description

“The rays of the dying sun cast a
Susani
Beautifully written love story. There is suspense, betrayal, mystery, forbidden love and the historical romance dilemma of duty vs love. I had a very hard time putting the book down, kept wanting to find out - what will happen next?! I loved the H. He was fabulous - honorable, tough, tender and so very hot! I had mixed feeling about the h - I loved her at times and not so much at other times. The book hit a couple triggers for me, so I ended up having a love/hate relashionship with the book.

Saf
Splage
Very sweet romance with a lot of history, battles and vivid adventures. The hero is to die for! It was highly recommended to me, but I would say 3 and a halfer. They had a very deep, forever love, but not as passionate as I would have like it. The hero was so chivalrous and too good and moral - just take her, she wants it as much as you!!!
Amanda
Jan 12, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, historical
I have never read a book set in medieval times, but my recent obsession with Showtime's "The Tudors" sort of fueled me to read this, along with my current infatuation with Candice Proctor. I have to say, I loved it and this book is in my top three CP novels! I thought the premise was exciting and the characters were wonderful.

Proctor does a spectacular job of creating a past and present world for her characters, while leaving the future unknown until the last possible moment. I love that they a
Linda
First, I must say, I loved Ms. Proctor's NIGHT IN EDEN. I am not a huge fan of medieval times and I was not expecting to love this romance. But I did like it.

Ms. Proctor is well-versed about this period of time. Women were considered as chattel. Many men valued their horses and dogs more. For most people this era was dirty. Secrets were common and trust was hard to give. Violence was the norm and THE LAST KNIGHT was not short on this.

It is 1189 and nineteen-year-old Lady Attica d'Alerion was bet
Kelly
Jun 13, 2016 Kelly rated it liked it
Smiley (Knižné Maniačky)
Sep 08, 2016 Smiley (Knižné Maniačky) rated it it was amazing
Nie zlý historický román. Vtipný, akčný a s hlavnou hrdinkou, ktorá mala odvahu a veľa riskovala. Tak trochu pripomínala miestami chlapca. Ku koncu mi síce niektoré jej rozhodnutia vadili. A čo sa týka rytiera? Jarnac je neskutočne skvelý chlap. Skrýva kopu tajomstiev, naozaj zaujímavých. Jediné, čo mi na knižke mierne vadilo, bol rozsiahly a nepotrebný opis pri niektorých častiach deja.
Irishgirl1247
Nice girl pretending to be a boy story, but a little tedious. This saddly is due to history and the classic family issues of King Henry of England and his sons Richard & John. (See a Lion in Winter & you'll understand, or Robin Hood is the same issues a few years later, they alwanted to be king and couldn't wait there turn!)
Lena Donan
Feb 17, 2013 Lena Donan rated it liked it
Ako poznamenala sestra po prečítaní "mám pocit, že to všetko som čítala už kdesi"... pravda pravdúca. Tým sa kniha pre mňa stáva čistým priemerom, aj keď uznávam, že dobre napísaným. Ale ničím výnimočným. Takých je a takých ešte bude.
Eva
Nov 22, 2013 Eva rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Vec sa má takto: ak hľadáte niečo oddychové, nad čím nemusíte premýšľať, chcete romantiku začínajúcu urodzenou dievčinou (view spoiler) a ozajstným rytierom a končiacu happy endom (a navyše ste už prečítali všetko ostatné vo vašej knižnici), odporúčam.
FeelNotFight
Nov 04, 2016 FeelNotFight rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story. Love it from the beginning to the end, awesome job! I need more xD
Kathy
May 10, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Great historical detail, engaging characters. I will seek out all her books.
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Anne Dart
Anne Dart rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Yossarianka
Yossarianka rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
May 01, 2011
Keri
Keri rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Pooja
Pooja rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Ti
Ti rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Lora
Lora rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2009
JacquelineR
JacquelineR rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2017
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Kelli St.
Kelli St. rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Regine Balbino
Regine Balbino rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Karen  Boruff
Karen Boruff rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Margo
Margo rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Paťa Danišová
Paťa Danišová rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Bebon
Bebon rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Western and Medie...: February 2016 BOM: The Last Knight, by Candice Proctor 2 17 Feb 06, 2016 12:12PM
  • Virgin Star
  • A Winter Ballad
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Once a Warrior (Warriors, #1)
  • The Scotsman
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • Danger's Kiss
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • In Your Eyes
  • Defiant
  • A Knight's Honor
  • Wings of a Dove
  • The Lily And The Sword (Medieval, #1)
  • No Longer A Stranger
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Knight of Fire (Fire, #2)
  • Tapestry
  • Her One Desire
Candice Proctor, aka C.S. Harris and C.S. Graham, is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than a dozen novels including the Sebastian St. Cyr Regency mystery series written under the name C.S. Harris, the new C.S. Graham thriller series co-written with Steven Harris, and seven historical romances. She is also the author of a nonfiction historical study of the French Revolution. Her books ...more
More about Candice Proctor...