Start by marking “The French Adventure” as Want to Read:
The French Adventure

The French Adventure

Packed full of French flavour and idyllic settings this is a romantic, heart-warming and unputdownable new novel about life and love, perfect for anyone who loves Milly Johnson, Lucy Diamond and Debbie Johnson.

Published February 1st 2018 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about The French Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The French Adventure

Start your review of The French Adventure
Dash fan
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ A Beautifully Charming Read. Which Transported me to France.

The French Adventure is about New beginnings, finding oneself, friendships, relationships, love, mystery, secrets, and the gorgeous sights and sensations of a French Adventure.

Anna is not quiet sure but she just finds it hard to say ' I Love You' back to her boyfriend and boss Karl.
You see Karl is desperate for a promotion and something just doesn't feel right to Anna.
So when she's pulled in and offered a huge promotion alongside Kar
Kim
Jan 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Grace J Reviewerlady
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spending the summer months in France when it's the middle of January in chilly Scotland is a lovely place to be - even if it's only in a book!

This is a terrific read - great characterisation, wonderful setting and a very entertaining story line. In a village setting, we get to know the locals and the way of life whilst all the time dealing with a mystery and the personal lives of the main characters. There isn't a moment to yawn in this one, it's all go from the beginning to the very last page.

A
J.B (Debbie)
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start this review off with a massive WOW! Just so you get a bit of a flavour of how much I enjoyed this book.

Anna is one of those people who just doesn't believe anyone could possibly love her. Her boyfriend Karl is forever telling her, trying to reassure her but for Anna it just doesn't seem real. Her relationship with Karl is a secret, both fearful of upsetting their careers if their bosses ever found out. However, Anna quits her job, dumps Karl and takes off on an adventure to Fr
Kate’s Book Spot
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In no time at all I found myself absorbed in Anna’s life, there was a connection there that I couldn’t explain - I liked her and I could imagine myself being her friend but above all I felt extremely protective!

I was so excited for Anna when she began her adventure and the author’s descriptions of France were everything I had hoped for, it was almost as though I was soaking up the sights, scents and sounds alongside her.

There were so many parts of the storyline that I loved, in particular a mys
Rachel Gilbey
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being a big fan of Linn B Halton, I was delighted to discover that she was Lucy Coleman too, as I figure it means just more of her books to read! The French Adventure did feel a bit different to her other books, possibly as its quite a bit longer, and there is was nothing in that made me have to ignore my disbelief of strange happenings!

Now The French Adventure was great, from the first few chapters I was interested in Anna and her relationship with Karl, and her feelings towards him, I was als
Anniek
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anna has been in a relationship with Karl for a while now, but because of the fact that they work together they have to keep their private life a secret. Karl has no problem saying 'I love you' to Anna, but on the day he needs to stand up for them as a couple he lets her down. Anna walks out on her job and Karl with her head held high. She needs to take a little time off to get herself organized again, so Anna rents out her newly bought house and joins her parents, who are living in France. For ...more
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Sometimes, life doesn't work out as planned. Anna realises this when suddenly she finds herself single and unemployed. She's not one to feel bad and sorry for herself for long and soon devises a way to move on in her life. Her parents moved out to France sometime before her problems start, and she decides to join them. She promised herself it'll only be for 6 months and that by the end of that time, she'll be able to return to the UK and pick up where she left off in life.

I loved Anna's charact
Annette
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna is in a relationship with her boss, Karl. It is against the company rules. So, when they are called into the office for a discussion about a new opportunity, Karl lies. That makes Anna angry enough to stand up, quit her job and leave the company.

She also realizes that Karl is not the man she hoped he was. To me, Karl appeared to be a snake.

Anna leases her home and goes to stay with her parents at their B & B in France. She is not certain what her future holds, but she knows being with her
Suze Lavender
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karl regularly tells Anna he loves her, but Anna doesn't really feel it. He's all for keeping their relationship a secret from their bosses for the sake of their careers. When Anna's had enough she loses her boyfriend and her job in one single moment. Anna needs time to heal and that is why she rents out her house and temporarily moves to France, where her parents have just started a B&B. There's enough work to keep her occupied and Anna's task is to assist their builder, Sam, to have the holida ...more
Jacqueline
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, france
Sam and Anna are two troubled souls working through their heartache on the same renovation project, but so lost in their inner turmoils that at times they are so very far apart. I found them both to be engaging, with a vulnerable side too, and the setting; a restored manoir in the Loire valley sounded gorgeous, but the reality of the hard work required to run a B&B in rural France wasn’t ignored either.

I bonded with Anna, admired her organisation and determination to create a new future for hers
Jill Steeples
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The French Adventure is an immediately engaging read that will have you wishing you could escape to France along with the main character Anna.

Anna has been badly let down by her boyfriend Karl who also happens to be her boss and decides to get away from the situation by heading to France to help out her parents with their bed and breakfast business.

The setting of the french countryside is just wonderful and you can almost imagine yourself there. Anna soon settles into the neighbourhood meeting s
nik farmer
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Holiday reading

Think Joanna Trollope meets the French tourist board, an 11 year old writes the dialogue and hey presto! Needs a large glass of wine to make it palatable.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Right, I pride myself on being honest, so I need to lay my cards out on the table right here, right now. Personally, the beginning of this book grated on me, coming across as a bit too 'Dear Diary' for my liking. Now I'm not too sure whether that was the storyline, or whether it was the way the main character, Anna, came across, but it did make it a lot harder for me to completely gel with the storyline.

HOWEVER, at arou
Joan
Jane Hunt
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The setting for this story makes it special from the beginning. Anna is at a crossroads in her life, she has a plan and thought it was working out but soon discovers it isn't. Arriving at her parents' French B&B gives her chance to heal from her toxic relationship and plan her next move. Anna's journey is more than a hop over the channel, it brings her into contact with Sam, her polar opposite, he doesn't plan and doesn't see the need to finish everything he starts, yet they manage to work toget
Faith Hogan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The French Adventure by Lucy Coleman provided a warm and lovely escape in dreariest January - while I would recommend this as your beach read, I loved reading it while the winds howled around outside. The characters are well drawn, subtle and interesting, the plot just carries you along and I can promise, you'll be heading to google to find out if there are direct flights that will take you near Angers, Nantes, Rennes and Chateaubriant! The location is beautifully drawn and Ms Coleman lures you ...more
Jennifer Wells
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The ‘French Adventure’ begins with a crisis in Anna’s life in England. She decides to live in France for six months to escape from her problems. In France she meets Sam who has been deeply affected by an event seven years earlier. ‘The French Adventure’ not only describes the developing relationship between Sam and Anna but also the live of some of the English people who have chosen to make France their home. There are many interesting characters in the book but there is also an intriguing sub p ...more
Donna Maguire

I do love a good book that helps me to get away from the day to day and this one was just the right choice for me, the blurb drew me in and I loved the cover!!

The characters were really personable and the plot line was great. It was a really easy read and an excellent way for me to pass a few hours.

Four stars from me – a refreshing and fully enjoyable read!
Ali
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't read contemporary novels much so wanted to get taste of it. I picked it up from the library randomly without any preconceptions. I enjoyed most of it, especially the psychological wrangling regarding relationships, but the end was contrived and predictable and a bit silly as well, which made me deduct one star at the end.
Jen
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna is sweet & trusting. Karl is a weasel. Sam is charming.
When life takes a sudden turn, Anna heads to France to stay with her parents. Some home remodeling, a mystery, and family & friends along the way, where will Anna end up?

Thank you Aria Publishing for the ARC.
Michelle Ryles
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-read
What a perfect cover for this heart-warming book; we usually expect amorous couples in a clinch on the cover of chick lit books so it just shows that The French Adventure is setting out to be something that little bit different from the rest.

I loved the character of Anna - she is strong, talented and, after the first few chapters, single. Anna knows her own heart and mind, which is why she never responded in kind to the many 'I love you's' that Karl, her soon to be ex, seemed to say so effortle
Kim
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
After Anna has a disastrous break up leading to losing her job aswell- she escapes to her parents guesthouse in France where they are getting 2 gites ready for the public. She works alongside builder Sam, learning new skills and trying to get to know the quiet builder and what is troubling him.
They both have some healing to do and help each other along.
There are some lovely scenes in the book- I loved the part where Sam takes Anna to see the home he is working on (albeit very slowly) and their t
Shelly blower
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved this book really fell in love with Sam wish he would have punched Karl though... I'll be recommending this boom to all !y friends 💓
Sally Coles
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Anna splits up with her boyfriend Karl and walks out on her job she decides to go and stay with her parents in France for the summer and help renovate the two gites that come with the house. Sam is also working there as an odd job man and between them they get down to work. Sam is the complete opposite of Anna but they work well together and soon Anna is starting to like living in France.... does she really need to go back and what about Sam

A lovely book with great characters and I loved th
Joanne
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
When Anna witnesses her boyfriend of over a year Karl deny all existence of their relationship to get himself a promotion, Anna does the only self-respecting thing she can do and walks out of her job and out of a life with Karl. After renting out her house Anna sets off to spend six months in France to help her parents renovate their farmhouse B&B in the countryside, but also to figure out what to do with the rest of her life.
Anna is soon enchanted by life in France, the slower pace and beautifu
Grass monster
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Blurb :
Suddenly unemployed and single, Anna escapes to her parents' beautiful house in France for a much needed recharge – and to work out what she wants to do next with her life now her carefully mapped out plan has gone out the window.
Anna gives herself 6 months to recuperate, all the while helping renovate her parents' adjoining gites into picturesque B&Bs. But working alongside the ruggedly handsome Sam on the renovation project, she didn't expect for life to take an unexpected, if not u
Anne
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I always enjoy a book with a strong sense of location, and this book ticked all of my boxes with most of the story set around a restored manoir in the Loire valley and an ongoing project to renovate two adjacent gites, all described in beautiful detail. Anna and Sam work side by side to make them habitable, often in companionable silence as they both struggle with their personal sadnesses. The story is narrated by Anna, and I will admit that it did take a little while for her to win me over. Unt ...more
C A Hobbs
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best I've read for a while

This book captured me from page one. Anna and Sam are truly realistic
people trying to find themselves after suffering setbacks in their lives. the ending, though predictable, is done well, and you can only be happy for everyone you encounter in the book. Great read, can't wait for next book by this author.
Rachel (Rae)
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna has a pretty turbulent time at the start of this book and I could definitely understand her need to escape. Especially to such a wonderful location in France, Anna ends up staying with her parents and helping them with their renovations. This story moves at a lovely pace making sure you get to know the characters and also the lovely friendship she makes with Sam. Can there be anything more though?

There is a little bit of a mystery running through that just adds a little extra something to t
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Village Affair
  • The Summer of Chasing Dreams
  • Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • Rendezvous in Cannes
  • Bridge Over the Atlantic (Bridge Over the Atlantic #1)
  • The Cottage at Hope Cove (Hope Cove #1)
  • Villa of Sun and Secrets: A warm escapist read that will keep you guessing
  • The Little Cornish Kitchen
  • Finding Dreams
  • Penny's Antique Shop of Memories and Treasures
  • Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Fooling In love: A funny & feel-good romantic comedy
From interior designer to author, Linn - who also writes under the pen name of Lucy Coleman - says ‘it’s been a fantastic journey!’
Linn is the bestselling author of more than a dozen novels and is excited to be writing for both Harper Impulse (Harper Collins) and Aria Fiction (Head of Zeus); she’s represented by Sara Keane of the Keane Kataria Literary Agency.
When she’s not writing, or spending ti