Start by marking “A Widow's Hope (Indiana Amish Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
A Widow's Hope (Indiana Amish Brides #1)

A Widow's Hope

(Indiana Amish Brides #1)

His scars are visible.
Hers are hidden…
An
Indiana Amish Brides match

After tragedy claimed her husband’s life and her son’s ability to walk, Hannah King doesn’t want a new man. She has her family, a home and mounting debts. Scarred Amish bachelor Jacob Schrock offers Hannah the job she desperately needs. But while Hannah helps Jacob resolve his accounting issues, can she and
Published July 17th 2018 by Love Inspired Large Print

Kav
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never met a Vannetta Chapman book I didn't love and here we go again with her latest Love Inspired romance -- and can I say how thrilled I am that she's writing for this line now? This is her second book in the Indiana Amish Bride series and I hope there are a whole lot more!

Hannah and Jacob's story is poignant and funny and little bit infuriating...in other words, sweet perfection. Love the contrast of their challenges with Jacob carrying his scars on the outside while Hannah nurses invisi
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A WIDOW'S HOPE is Ms. Chapman;s first Love Inspired romance. I didn't know she'd written one until a friend mentioned it and gave me her copy to read. Hannah is an overprotective mama (with good cause) of a disabled four year old boy. She needs a job as her dad is supporting her and her son and the son's medical expenses are risking the farm as they can't make payments.

Jacob Schrock used to like Hannah, but their first date ended disastrously when his horse went lame and Hannah lost her temper
Brittany
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading A Widow’s Hope. Hannah King and Jacob Schrock struggled with different things in their lives. Hannah was burdened with fears relating to her child’s health, the need to control the situations around her, guilt and worry. Jacob carried around guilt about a past tragedy, as well as the belief that no one would be interested in marrying a man with a scarred face.

Hannah and Jacob started out with a fairly rocky beginning. I cringed a few times with the way Hannah treated Jac
Shirley Chapel
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My Goodreads friends
Recommended to Shirley by: Reviewers on Goodreads
A widows hope is a story about an Amish man and lady that had been hurt badly in life. Hannah King is a young widow with a four year old disabled son. Jacob Schrock has lived with terrible scars on his face for years. Both have gone on with their lives but are still held captive by their hurts and fears.
Hannah needs a job to help pay for Matthew's medical bills. Trouble is there's only so much she can do because of her responsibilities with Matthew's care. Jacob is facing an audit. He needs to
Elizabeth
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Widow’s Hope ( Indiana Amish Brides - #1 )
By: Vannetta Chapman
A Widow’s Hope is book one in Vannetta Chapman’s new series Indiana Amish Brides. I could not wait to read the start of this new series. I was not disappointed. This story is a very heartwarming story that touched my heart. I was grabbed at the start and did not want to put it down. There were times when i had tears in my eyes. Two people with great loss and scars from the past . A Young child that is so sweet and with a disability.
Nancee
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hannah has too much on her mind to be distracted by anything but the most important details in her life, caring for her disabled son, moving on with her life after the loss of her husband, and attempting to find a way to help her parents keep up payments on their farm. Her heart is scarred, and anything beyond day to day duties is more than she can handle.

Jacob Schrock lost his parents to a fire that burned their home to the ground. Badly burned from attempting to rescue them, Jacob hides himse
Patti
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series for Vannette Chapman. Hannah is a young widow whose 4 year old son Matthew was seriously injured in an accident which claimed her husbands life. She is seeking employment to help ease the financial strain added to her parents income since Matthew and Hannah moved back home to Indiana. The story takes us through Hannah's fears and introduces us to her boss Jacob who has doubts and fears if his own.
I really loved the story! The focus is on scars, those of th
Linda  Marie Finn
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Widow's Hope is a sweet and touching story of a young widow and her handicapped son and also a story about a young man who bears his own scars of his parent's death. Though these two know each other from their past, they hardly thought they would see each other again. Will pain keep them from finding love? or will all the hurt from the past keep them apart?

I really liked the characters in this story, especially Hannah's mother who seems to have some wisdom about things and is looking out for
Cheryl Baranski
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Widow’s Hope is book one in the Indiana Amish Brides series by Vannetta Chapman. Vannetta has written a most refreshing story that is full of love, faith, devotion, determination, stubbornness and much much more. Can two people with very different types of scars overcome their past and move forward? I know. Be sure to get your copy of A Widow’s Hope today.
Dianne
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very good Amish read that didn't have too much preaching in it but did have a lot of inner-dialoguing within the two main characters.

It took so long for Hannah King to get off of her high-horse and learn to accept help that at times I wanted to hit her with her prayer cap.

We do get our typical HEA and a few laughs as well a few tears.

*ARC supplied by publisher
Gloria
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am weak, but thou art strong,
Jesus keep me from all wrong.

A Widow's Hope is a sweet story of two scarred people finding their way as God directs them. One is scarred on the inside and the other on the outside. Hannah King is a young widow living with her parents and her young son that is a paraplegic. A year ago, her husband was thrown from his buggy and killed when a snake startled his buggy horse and her son Matthew, also thrown, was paralyzed. She can't imagine any man wanting to take on a
Maryann Skaritka
I loved meeting the endearing characters in this first book in the Amish Brides series. This story is emotional and pulls on your heart strings.

Widow Hannah King return to her parents home in Goshen, Indiana after a tragic accident kills her husband and leaves her sweet four year old son Matthew a paraplegic. She is worried about being a burden to her family and how will she provide and meet her son's needs. She is fiercely independent and needs to learn to trust others and accept help.

Jacob Sch
Sunnie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could hardly wait to read this new book by Vannetta Chapman. It was really good. I enjoyed how two hurting people were able to help each other both physically and emotionally.

The book is a sweet part of the Indiana Amish Brides collection. It also is a good example of the care and love of people who are in need. It's about family caring for one another and help from God as well as trust in Him.

I recommend this book! It was good!

I received an ebook copy of this book from the author. All thought
Marilyn
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Widow’s Hope captured me from the beginning until the end with tears flowing at times. Chapman’s introduced characters with flaws and strong characteristics that made them true to life with all they endured and faced. Her new series, Indian Amish Brides with Love Inspired, is a heartwarming and heart breaking at times story of Hannah King and Jacob Schrock. They each had scars that made them strong to protect themselves and those they loved. Four year old David King was brave with his disabili ...more
Dianne
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

We do get our typical HEA and a few laughs as well a few tears.

*ARC supplied by publisher
Kathy Aufleger
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. "We all have scars. Yours are simply on the outside."
Sandy Larivee
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick, good read. Really enjoyed the story because it was different that other Amish stories.
Fizzy
I'll be honest, with all the Vannetta books I've read I'm having the hardest time letting go of Henry (The Amish Bishop Mysteries). He wove his way into my heart and I'm just attached. I don't feel like his story is done like I do with some of her other series. That makes it harder to let go. So, I wasn't sure about dipping my toes into a new series so soon. However, once again Chapman weaves her magic of storytelling and takes amazing people and crafts a story that steals my heart and makes me ...more
Patti Whitson Stephenson
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a tender story of redemption and restoration after an experience of great loss. Jacob’s scars are external, but Hannah’s scars are internal. Both struggle to trust God with their futures. Jacob does not feel worthy to have a family; Hannah must face the future as a single parent taking care of her disabled son. The storyline reveals their struggle to be independent and not lean on their family and faith for the support they desperately need.

The author has done a wonderful job telling the
Liz
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a refreshing little book, a perfect summer read for those who want to relax with quality Amish fiction. Hannah and Jacob have both been scarred by tragic losses, but they learn to trust each other as they lift each other's burdens. This story was predictable, but in an enjoyable way-no huge angst or unbelievable plot twists. Just gentle, hurting people upheld by loving families, finding their way back from brokenness. I always enjoy Chapman's characters and their realistic conversations, ...more
Kelly Tyree
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Widow's Hope was a well written book about two people who had faced tragedy and were rebuilding their lives.

Hannah King is a widow with a young special needs child. Jacob Schrock is a man who is still mourning the death of his parents who died in a fire. Both Hannah and Jacob carry scars from their experiences but when their paths cross, things begin to change. Hannah goes to work for Jacob and gets to see how caring he is with everyone. That compassion draws her to him. Jacob sees the goodne
Britney
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed A Widow’s Hope! Hannah and Jacob are strong characters made vulnerable by the tragedies they have experienced. Each bearing their own scars, Hannah and Jacob struggle with fear and doubt. Their journey is heartfelt and emotional, and I delighted in the hope and healing they found. Vannetta Chapman is a gifted storyteller, and I am eager to read more of her wonderful stories!
Ash Luna
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Widow's Hope is an ideal Amish Romance read. Vanetta Chapman captivated me with Hannah's story. Well written and a delightful read!
Vanessa Lawford
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book and wish it didn't end.

Andrea Woodard
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of hope, love and getting on with life after tragedy hits. Its the kind of story that keeps you going back for more. Vannetta Chapman was one of the first Amish authors I started reading and I have never been disappointed with her work. Can't wait to read her next book.
Lennine
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Vannetta's books.
Reader57
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this 5 out of 5 stars FOR THIS GENRE. I do not normally read romance/love inspired books, but I received a pre-release copy of the book and promised to read and review.
Jacob is a carpenter who specializes in designing and building playhouses for special needs children. A few years ago a fire destroyed his parent's home and Jacob was burned while trying to rescue them. Hannah, a widow, has a 4-year-old paraplegic son named Matthew. With the loss of her husband the two have moved back to h
Sheri
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Vanetta Chapman writes - I love the tender authenticity of her characters and the perfectly natural flow of her stories. This is a sweet romance. I didn't want to put it down. I just don't know how long I'll remember it.
T. Rosado
4 Stars

I was encouraged by some great reviews to finally pick this one up. What starts as heartbreaking backstories and current situations, ends with a sweet romance between two broken individuals who thought their chance at new love had ended.

I'm kind of a push-over for broken and broody men. Although Jacob isn't necessarily broody, he definitely has issues with being "broken." In actuality, he finds purpose for his life by giving hope to disabled children through his skills as a carpenter/buil
Jan
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vanetta Chapman has a beautiful gift to tell a story and a gentle understanding of tragedies and pain that all of us endure in one way or another. She reminds the reader of how important it is to trust God for His purposes to be accomplished in a life whether we understand the circumstances or not. Ms. Chapman handles the issues of being a single parent, having a special needs child, losing loved ones through unexpected tragedy, and insecurity in a bleak future with love, tact and gentleness. Sh ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Christmas Remedy
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Amish Sweethearts
  • The Amish Midwife (Lancaster Courtships, #3)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Child Wanted
  • When Mercy Rains (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy, #1)
  • An Amish Cradle
  • The Proposal at Siesta Key (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #2)
  • Letters to Katie (Middlefield Family, #3)
  • The Christmas Prayer
  • The Devoted (The Bishop's Family #3)
Vannetta Chapman writes inspirational fiction full of grace. She is the author of over twenty novels, including the Pebble Creek Amish series, Shipshewana Amish Mystery Series, and Plain and Simple Miracle series. Vannetta is a Carol award winner, a Christy finalist, and she also received more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She currently writes Christian susp ...more

Indiana Amish Brides (3 books)
  • Amish Christmas Memories (Indiana Amish Brides #2)
  • A Perfect Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #3)