Start by marking “Regretfully Invited” as Want to Read:
Regretfully Invited

Regretfully Invited

Creepy collection of 12 horror and paranormal tales of menace, madness and murder.
Published January 5th 2018 by Jan L. Mayes

To ask other readers questions about Regretfully Invited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regretfully Invited

Start your review of Regretfully Invited
Thomas Zman
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

I enjoyed some of her stories more than others. The marionette was the best! The grim descriptions of each of her characters was just enough. Her writing is simple and concise. It flows very smoothly and is not overly gorey. I also thought the cover art was exceptional. Let's hear more from the doctor.
Luanne Turnage
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I see a full length cozy/humorous mystery waiting to happen out of the "foot" story.
Lydia Schoch
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes it only takes a moment for someone’s destiny to change.

Since I wasn’t familiar with the legend that “The Grave of Gelert” was based on, I went into it with no pre-conceived ideas of what might happen next. This was one of the shortest tales in this collection, and yet it was also the most satisfying. It had a clear beginning, middle, and ending. The fact that the dog, Gelert, was the only character whose named was mentioned only made me more interested in finding out what happened afte
Lily
The grave of Gelert and Disembodied are the only stories that made some scene to me. Indeed the writing style of the author was good yet the stories could have been much better than this.
Satiaka Nugraha
Sep 13, 2019
Jan Mayes
Feb 07, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: popsugar-2020, horror
Oct 15, 2019

• The Morbid Museum
  • The Lost Ones
  • Regretful
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Close Encounters of the Worst Kind (Volume One)
  • Patient Zero (Project Renova #0.5)
  • Powdered Souls, A Short Story: They Decided to Survive (Snow Sub Series Book 1)
Jan L. Mayes has been writing and blogging horror fiction and tinnitus-hyperacusis non-fiction for over 10 years. She has over 30 years of experience coping with ghosts, tinnitus-hyperacusis, and plotting murders. Her horror is disturbing, spooky, and creepy.

She lives in the Pacific Northwest with 2 dogs and 2 cats. She enjoys cookies, deadheading, needlework, and reading, as should all right thi

News & Interviews